IHG Hotels Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2018
Cleaning stayovers and due out in a timely manner.I learn how to clean a room properly and make beds. I enjoy working with IHG because meeting new people from all over the world.
Amazing place to work
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 27, 2018
I have really loved working for IHG. They are very about their employees and always try to help even with things that do not involve work. I would love to continue working here but they are closing the call center.
Pros
Good breaks
Highly stressful at times but no more than expected in this industry.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 25, 2018
I would love to continue working for IHG Managed Hotels if I'm given the option upon relocating closer to my hometown. IHG is growing as to the management of many well known standing Hotels all over the world.
Pros
Management works with your scheduling and home life with sufficient advance notice
Cons
High housekeeper turnover
Awesome workplace
Voice Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 13, 2018
Excellent Place to work..Awesome group of people. Mature self controlled Setting. Bonuses and Raises could have been on a higher scale, otherwise AWESOME
Unless you are hired as a manager it's just an average job
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
Not bad at all, type of management varies per location, lots of networking opportunity with respect to company policies, great chance to represent as an advocate for customer service
Pros
Hotel discounts and decent pay
Cons
Management (per location)
Fun working environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 2, 2018
Everyone is enjoying their shifts. The management team pushes the employees to be motivated and goal oriented. The pay is substantial, and the bonuses are always great. They prepare you very well, and you can easily be successful as long as you're driven and focused. There also plenty of benefits that an employee is can take advantage of as soon as they begin working.
Pros
breaks, fun environment, cafeteria, benefits
Cons
dress code
Typical Hotel Job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2018
The Location I worked at was privately owned so a lot needed to be completed in order for the building completion but I resigned before that time came.
Pros
Fast paced, Never nothing to do
Cons
Very unorganized work place, could have used better management
Terrible
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 23, 2018
I loved the guests and interacting with them but the management is terrible. They believe in retaliation . If you call out they cut your hours to two days a week . Then if you speak up they start nit picking and when you least expect it their getting rid of you. No benefits minimum wage and it's like pulling teeth for a raise .they have a habit of firing people off assumptions and don't care if there is a lack of evidence . Disrespectful and demeaning management who tells employees they are dumb and that they need to just figure it out.Once again the guest are lovely but the management is terrible .oh and no breaks for front desk because we are always understaffed
Productive place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 22, 2018
Place is about to be renovated, but until then a lot of repairs are done through the engineering department . I like the fact that I gained experience in working on equipments old or new.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Getting work orders while on break or lunch
Lacking Structure
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 15, 2018
The particular hotel I was employed at had many managers and few employees. The blame game was key and always trickled down to those of us earning the least. The job itself was awesome. Fast paced, fun, rewarding from the customer stand point. If you cannot multitask in high stress situations, do not apply. That tour bus could pull up at any second.
interesting, and fast paced.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEFebruary 2, 2018
what i enjoyed most about holiday inn was no two days were the same. preventative measures kept me busy, and i learned something daily. the service profession is a little demanding.
nice place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 11, 2018
a great place to work where you can be yourself have the help you need good manager that wants you to do your best a place where you can have fun and still get paid
Pros
pay
Cons
na
Love this work
Bartender and server (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoDecember 30, 2017
Unfortunate I have to moved to US that why I leave but I loved my job and all my coworkers they're the best. If I have to pick my best work experience this will be.
Laided back job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 9, 2017
It was a good company you could get bonuses every week .if you weren't feeling good that day you could put your name on the list to leave early. They also gave you 1 hour lunch break.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Really busy sometimes
great place to work.
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 3, 2017
Best civilian job I ever worked at. Very relaxed and the people are great. Company really cares about its employees and tries to make it fun to work their.
Management is terrible
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2017
A typical day at work is very stressful and very demanding to meet goals without the proper needed tool and or equipment to get the job done. Management makes work very stressful and makes a typical work week miserable.
a typical day at work
Holiday Inn (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 17, 2017
I start my day with wonderful co workers that make every morning great. morning meetings aka prep talk an then to work I go. were I meet an run across some of the most interesting people. I love people. days are always interesting when u meet new people.
Definitely a laid back place to work but advancement is unlikely. Pay, benefits, vacation and sick leave is unheard of and management can be a joke
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 13, 2017
Enjoyed the easy laid back part of the job and all of the diff people and cultures you may come across! On the other hand if your looking for a place to advance and do something with yourself it's not the place to work. They're no benefits other than employee discount that you will receive and if the property is privately owned you are in for nothing. Most likely owners family will always pass you up and the better positions and there is not insurance, 401k, retirement or vacation/sick time!
Pros
Employee discount and Free time to relax
Cons
No advancement and usually Family owned
Ihg
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 5, 2017
IHG is a good company with an interactive culture. However, is lacking in benefits and loyalty towards employees. The tools given for the job are lacking. The employees you're working with are what makes it nice. But benefit packages are tailored in a way to save the company money not the employees. The computer system used for the vast bulk of the job is often unreliable and crashes making it difficult to work.
Pros
Good workplace culture, very flexible, good vacation time
Cons
Poor benefits package, poor tools given for job
Not awful but not great
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALJuly 10, 2017
The coworkers were awesome and the actual work was great. The people who owned the property won't put any money into it. The hotel is slowly falling apart and guest continue to complain but the owners seem like they don't care.
Pros
Coworkers, general manager
Cons
Owners, hotel hot water and ax units always failing