IHG Hotels Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Some of the people were wonderful. Needs better management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 12, 2018
People always calling in and never getting reprimanded. Very poor management. Everyone playing the blame game. Always putting employees down. Having to do other people's jobs while they walk around.
Pros
Free breakfast sometimes
Cons
Not a set schedule. Manager always changing schdule without informing employees.
N/a
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 1, 2018
Self explanatory . There is no need to explain they know what they did they are a terrible company to work for . No wonder people don't stay long there. There greedy ,opinionated, selfish , self-centered ,arrogant and Ignorant. And that's just the management.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
great work oplace
On call banquett server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2018
Great work place great people, great management. What is hard is dealing with some of my co workers who worked there long they always complain. often.
Pros
fair
Cons
no breaks sometimes
Fun work place, flexible hours
Holiday Inn Express (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJuly 30, 2018
A typical day at work mainly busy phones would ring off the hook. I’m glad I learned more things during my time there always had great guest staying with us. I enjoyed the people I worked with the most it was like a having a family.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks really unless you asked and no benefits to the job
Comfortable work environment
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 29, 2018
I would have stayed at IHG until i retire, but they are closing both offices in the U.S and sending our jobs over seas. It was a great place to work. The people ate all great people. Everyone accepts everyone and i think that is awesome. No drama i wish they wete not closing the U.S. offices.
Productive and fun working environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 16, 2018
This is an awesome place to work between the guest and the managers I feel it's an ideal job they always have ways to Improve your title and career status they promote within
Pros
Great benefits a great discounts
Cons
Short breaks
paid the bills
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 9, 2018
long hours and A LOT of gossip like high school with different groups and A LOT of favoritism. I did gain some life long friendships but management was a joke and so were a few of my coworkers they'll knock you down to try to climb the latter to the point some guest even knew ridiculous
productive work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2018
Cleaning stayovers and due out in a timely manner.I learn how to clean a room properly and make beds. I enjoy working with IHG because meeting new people from all over the world.
Amazing place to work
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 27, 2018
I have really loved working for IHG. They are very about their employees and always try to help even with things that do not involve work. I would love to continue working here but they are closing the call center.
Pros
Good breaks
Highly stressful at times but no more than expected in this industry.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 25, 2018
I would love to continue working for IHG Managed Hotels if I'm given the option upon relocating closer to my hometown. IHG is growing as to the management of many well known standing Hotels all over the world.
Pros
Management works with your scheduling and home life with sufficient advance notice
Cons
High housekeeper turnover
Awesome workplace
Voice Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 13, 2018
Excellent Place to work..Awesome group of people. Mature self controlled Setting. Bonuses and Raises could have been on a higher scale, otherwise AWESOME
Unless you are hired as a manager it's just an average job
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
Not bad at all, type of management varies per location, lots of networking opportunity with respect to company policies, great chance to represent as an advocate for customer service
Pros
Hotel discounts and decent pay
Cons
Management (per location)
Fun working environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 2, 2018
Everyone is enjoying their shifts. The management team pushes the employees to be motivated and goal oriented. The pay is substantial, and the bonuses are always great. They prepare you very well, and you can easily be successful as long as you're driven and focused. There also plenty of benefits that an employee is can take advantage of as soon as they begin working.
Pros
breaks, fun environment, cafeteria, benefits
Cons
dress code
Typical Hotel Job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2018
The Location I worked at was privately owned so a lot needed to be completed in order for the building completion but I resigned before that time came.
Pros
Fast paced, Never nothing to do
Cons
Very unorganized work place, could have used better management
Terrible
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 23, 2018
I loved the guests and interacting with them but the management is terrible. They believe in retaliation . If you call out they cut your hours to two days a week . Then if you speak up they start nit picking and when you least expect it their getting rid of you. No benefits minimum wage and it's like pulling teeth for a raise .they have a habit of firing people off assumptions and don't care if there is a lack of evidence . Disrespectful and demeaning management who tells employees they are dumb and that they need to just figure it out.Once again the guest are lovely but the management is terrible .oh and no breaks for front desk because we are always understaffed
Productive place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 22, 2018
Place is about to be renovated, but until then a lot of repairs are done through the engineering department . I like the fact that I gained experience in working on equipments old or new.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Getting work orders while on break or lunch
Lacking Structure
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 15, 2018
The particular hotel I was employed at had many managers and few employees. The blame game was key and always trickled down to those of us earning the least. The job itself was awesome. Fast paced, fun, rewarding from the customer stand point. If you cannot multitask in high stress situations, do not apply. That tour bus could pull up at any second.
interesting, and fast paced.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEFebruary 2, 2018
what i enjoyed most about holiday inn was no two days were the same. preventative measures kept me busy, and i learned something daily. the service profession is a little demanding.
nice place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 11, 2018
a great place to work where you can be yourself have the help you need good manager that wants you to do your best a place where you can have fun and still get paid
Pros
pay
Cons
na
Love this work
Bartender and server (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoDecember 30, 2017
Unfortunate I have to moved to US that why I leave but I loved my job and all my coworkers they're the best. If I have to pick my best work experience this will be.