IHG Hotels Employee Reviews

stay away
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 1, 2019
This place is miss managed. They have a rampant theft issue. No one there can be trusted. If you work hard and do your job, they will ruin you. Stay as far away from this place as possible.
Productive and Fun
Maitenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ironton, OHJanuary 16, 2019
I really enjoyed working here. I was consistently provided with tools and resources to advance my career. I consider my time there to be a learning experience.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Benefits
Great Management, Poor Pay
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJanuary 12, 2019
I love everyone I work with and management is wonderful, very understanding and flexible. Day shift is a little more exciting than nights but will get better when the weather clears. I can see myself staying here for a very long time, if I will be paid better. That is honestly the only downfall to this job, the very low pay.
Pros
Management, Flexible
Cons
Pay
Great Company
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoy working for this company. Everyday is exciting, interesting and unpredictable based upon diversity and accommodating various companies and groups.
Holiday Inns can be franchised so you don't know what you will get
Front Desk Agent and Loyalty Champion (Former Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 30, 2018
IHG is a great corporate entity but it is up to each franchisee to utilize them accordingly.
Hotel policies need to be followed in a consistant manner and often times were not handled in such a way which was a detriment to me.
Also a lack of proper security at the hotels I worked for, not fun.
Pros
Guest Interactions, Co-Workers
Cons
Sometimes no break
Relaxed enviroment. No structure
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VANovember 25, 2018
The company is very relaxed and unorthodox considering your average work day. Poor Management. The rate of pay for hourly associates is not competitive.
Terrible property manager, low wages, long hours
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2018
Varies by location, but the property management at every IHG hotel I've worked at has been a joke - they don't respect employees and they don't have anything constructive to say about employee performance, it's always just do more, more, more.

Everyone is overworked and no one is paid a living wage. Employees are constantly trying to undermine each other's efforts in order to get ahead, and there's a lot of resentment shown toward other staff members. It's a thankless job, and there's little room to grow when the property owner won't give anyone raises, but expects front desk associates to be trained like management.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
No benefits, hectic work environment, poor management, low wages
Awesome Company to work for
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 19, 2018
This is the best company I have ever worked for. Great benefits, great managers, great compensation. Im really upset that we are closing, but they have been awesome about providing resources to help us find employment after IHG.
Modern Slavery
Hotel General Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Branch, NJOctober 14, 2018
Hospitality in general is demanding however this franchise was poorly maintained and hours were 80-100 per week. Made less than minimum wage by the time weekly hours were factored in. Employee discount fair for industry, corporate support minimal.
Pros
Enjoyed the staff and guests
Cons
Longest work week ever
Fast paced
Guest services (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 2, 2018
This position, for me personally, provided a strong sense of pride and confidence in my ability to show how important guest satisfaction is regarding the GUEST SERVICE environment. At the same time, I was proud of being employeed within a GREAT HOTEL CHAIN
Pros
Quickly adavance in pay
Some of the people were wonderful. Needs better management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 12, 2018
People always calling in and never getting reprimanded. Very poor management. Everyone playing the blame game. Always putting employees down. Having to do other people's jobs while they walk around.
Pros
Free breakfast sometimes
Cons
Not a set schedule. Manager always changing schdule without informing employees.
Review from former employee
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VASeptember 8, 2018
It was a great fun easy job I miss my job it just has poor Magement but overall a good place to work if you want a entry level job that offers great pay and benefits
Pros
Paid breaks compete pay 41k holiday pay dental insurance vision insurance health insurance
Cons
Poor management
N/a
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 1, 2018
Self explanatory . There is no need to explain they know what they did they are a terrible company to work for . No wonder people don't stay long there. There greedy ,opinionated, selfish , self-centered ,arrogant and Ignorant. And that's just the management.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
great work oplace
On call banquett server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2018
Great work place great people, great management. What is hard is dealing with some of my co workers who worked there long they always complain. often.
Pros
fair
Cons
no breaks sometimes
Fun work place, flexible hours
Holiday Inn Express (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJuly 30, 2018
A typical day at work mainly busy phones would ring off the hook. I’m glad I learned more things during my time there always had great guest staying with us. I enjoyed the people I worked with the most it was like a having a family.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks really unless you asked and no benefits to the job
Comfortable work environment
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 29, 2018
I would have stayed at IHG until i retire, but they are closing both offices in the U.S and sending our jobs over seas. It was a great place to work. The people ate all great people. Everyone accepts everyone and i think that is awesome. No drama i wish they wete not closing the U.S. offices.
Productive and fun working environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 16, 2018
This is an awesome place to work between the guest and the managers I feel it's an ideal job they always have ways to Improve your title and career status they promote within
Pros
Great benefits a great discounts
Cons
Short breaks
paid the bills
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 9, 2018
long hours and A LOT of gossip like high school with different groups and A LOT of favoritism. I did gain some life long friendships but management was a joke and so were a few of my coworkers they'll knock you down to try to climb the latter to the point some guest even knew ridiculous
productive work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2018
Cleaning stayovers and due out in a timely manner.I learn how to clean a room properly and make beds. I enjoy working with IHG because meeting new people from all over the world.
Amazing place to work
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 27, 2018
I have really loved working for IHG. They are very about their employees and always try to help even with things that do not involve work. I would love to continue working here but they are closing the call center.
Pros
Good breaks