ITT Corporation Employee Reviews

Cut throat culture
OSHA safety inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg North CarolinaSeptember 19, 2018
The pay and benefits were great. Management just out to protect themselves from losing a good paying job...coworkers will brown nose and rat u out for anything like having ur cell phone on u or takin a 5 mins longer break just to get favoritism when layoffs come around and they do come around because it's a contract job. I am being real about this, u got 60 years old men snitching on u like it's middle school....I came in as an inspector because I am a veteran and have a bachelor's degree and little did I know, everybody in all depts applied for my job and I was hired from the outside which made me a target for a lot of jealous people who didn't have the credentials I did to get my job. This is fort bragg now...the peoplewill stab u in the back and are so fake putting on a show for management so they remain relevant when layoffs come and hope they kissed butt enough that they aren't put on the laid off list..There are some genuine people there but watch ur back because snitches everywhere because somebody got promoted or came from outside the company and they want ur job or layoffs are comin because they lost the contract and will do anything for management to keep their job..believe what I say..this is the cold hard raw truth.
Pros
Pay and working on fort bragg
Cons
No job security and hostile work environment because nobody wants to get laid off
great place to work
Production Control Specialist (SDS) (Former Employee) –  Camp Arfjan, KuwaitSeptember 18, 2018
ITT Systems was a great company to work for. It was a company that promoted from within and set us up for success. I would recommend ITT Systems to anyone looking to contract overseas.
Pros
promoted from withn
Awesome
Site Leader (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 18, 2018
The greatest place on earth! Working at ITT,Inc. has been the best decision I’ve ever made. The office culture is amazing, and full of energy throughout the day. If you don’t get pumped up on the floor just by listening to everyone else, this probably isn’t the job for you.

There are several ongoing training opportunities, and depending on who your Director is, you could have an amazing direct team experience, too.

As for the elephant in the room, YES, you can ACTUALLY use the unlimited PTO policy, which you’d be hard pressed to find among many other companies.
Big building with a lot of different big machines to operate.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CA 91355September 16, 2018
I could of learned more if there wasn’t so much job security issues. Most workers were easy to get along with good overall work environment. Management needs to be improved.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad management in the lead level. Miscommunication
Communications Techician 2
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Virginias Chesapeake Shores, VASeptember 14, 2018
Working for ITT in Afghanistan was very tough, giving the hazards that are associated with working an active war, (conflicted) Zone. Management was very understanding and my co-workers were some of the nations best in the industry. The hardest part about working over there was keeping your mentality focused on the tasked to be performed while being in a hostile fire combative zone. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I could take care of my family at the end of the day with the lucrative compensation and bonuses associated with working OCCONUS.
Pros
Compensations
Cons
War Zone and separation from family for over a year
Global manufacturing for Electro Mechanical products
Quality Manager - Operational Excellence (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2018
diversified manufacturing located domestic and internationally. Leading edge in fluid handling and commercial pump manufacturing. Very competitive company paid training
Pros
very stable company
Cons
Substantial out sourcing and closing domestics plants
ITT - Could be great
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYAugust 29, 2018
ITT could be a great place to work if Management actually followed what they preach. They give classes on work life balance but expect you to answer emails all hours of the day or night. They just don't care about their employees.
Pros
Compensation is great
Cons
Management is awful.
Excellent work and competitive advancement
Fire Control Systems Repair/ Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Doha KuwaitAugust 29, 2018
work: Relaxed work atmosphere, great comradely.
Learned: Management skills, ISO Quality requirements and environmental requirements.
Management: Good leaders with compassionate skills.
Culture: Same as military units, competitive but fair.
Hardest: long hours, shared living quarters.
Most enjoyable: working together for common goal.
Pros
Excellent pay, great work environment
Cons
Cohabitation with other employees, shared rides
Happy place to work
Specialist Calibration (Current Employee) –  Valencia caAugust 29, 2018
Start at 6 am very busy always something.new to do very challenging different work every day enjoying working here. Every body respect each other very good place to work.
Pros
Free lunch went we meet our goal
Good job
Special Project Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 28, 2018
The management was fair to all. Union shop. After you get to the highest job there is no room for advancement. Company sold out and moved to another state.
work there with family
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 20, 2018
I worked here with my family and most of my parents friends I grew up around. I wouldn't have changed it for the world. Wish it was still open was sad when they closed there doors!
Enjoyed the mission.
Sr. Engineer, Telemetry Systems Branch (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAAugust 18, 2018
same as previous review
I later was tasked to support the START mission with the development of mission data to be delivered per treaty requirements.
I was contracted to support Civil Service representatives.
Pros
Enjoyed the work
Cons
job security was questionable
productive
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAAugust 14, 2018
As long as you are a team player and put 110% into your job. The job is not hard. Don't be disrespectful to the customers. Patients is the key to supporting military units. be o time on each task given to you
a decent place to work.....NOT
Machinist in training (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYAugust 13, 2018
ITT is a decent company to work for, if you enjoy being in a union(local 3298) who does nothing to help you when you need them the most. Middle Management(immediate supervisor) will work with you directly as much as they can if you have issues come up, but even they are limited in what they can do because of upper management.
Pros
Cons
union, out of touch upper management
Management turnover is extreme. I worked there four years and had 9 managers.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Westminster, SCAugust 11, 2018
Expect mandatory vacation in July. Layoffs are frequent Management in Westminster, SC are backstabbing, they don't care about the people on the floor.
Benefits
Cons
Management team
Supply Technician
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 6, 2018
Worked in many facets of the military warehouse. Received truckloads of supplies, maintained accurate inventory of stored supplies. Pulled customer orders and ensured proper data entry in the inventory computer system. Operated forklifts inside and outdoors. Maintained excellent customer service and logistical support to the US Army.
good
Movement Equipment Specialist/Wrecker Operator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 3, 2018
Good company to work for, management could be a lot better but what company is perfect. good benefits, great mix of cultures. Plenty of room for advancement if that's what you are looking for
Good Job
Outside Plant Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanAugust 2, 2018
Good experience for me. Advancement is available if you want it. Pay was excellent, and travel available. Training and self-improvement also available for longer commitment.
Pros
Excellent pay; travel; training/self-improvement; promotion from within.
Cons
Management stubborn.
Benevolent company, good management in manufacturing facilities
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oscoda, MIJuly 25, 2018
ITT was very strong in assisting with career growth and education assistance. Provided bonus program for hourly and salaried work force.
Company sponsored events were quite generous.
Empowerment was actually in place and encouraged, by the better supervisors anyway.

I would work for ITT again if the right situation developed.
Pros
Individual decision making was encouraged
Cons
Corporate interference with daily plant operations were difficult on occasion.
Itt
PPC Clerk /Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 24, 2018
Good company to work for as long as you do your job and mind your own business, can be stressful at times. Co-workers were great. Never had a problem with management.