ITT Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Learning experience
Assembler/ Lead / trainer (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 2, 2018
Unfortunately , company has shut down and moved to Mexico
learn to utilize leadership and volunteer on the field as well.

with proper training , no job can become hard, just challenging.
Good company
Annoymous (Current Employee) –  AnnoymousMay 2, 2018
Good place to potentially grow. Has plenty of job openings that you can eventually bid on when you get seniority. Pay is mostly above average when you start out also.
A pleasant working atmosphere
Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at ITT mostly and met great people there. I learned a lot but had to work hard for it. Nothing came easy and i was definitely held to a higher standard that the vast majority of my peers. It's a great place to learn but not necessarily a great place to stay.
stressful and chaos all the time managment see you as a number not a person
assembler operator (Current Employee) –  Castaic, CAApril 29, 2018
When I first started working there it was great. Over the years you learn that management is never a constant always changes and have to adapt to a new manager and what they want. The company changed the levels of job positions to make it same for everyone. Whatever you hire in as is what you will be at for the foreseeable future no matter how much you learn or advance in the field.Take a job at ITT if its your last resort.
Terrible management
Credit & Collections Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NY 13148March 29, 2018
Worst placeever to work. People gossip aniut each other every day and the bullying is terribke even from management. They don't mediate and make matters worse. Their goals are unrealistic and the people are inhumane.
Cons
Everything but the benefits
Very Demanding
Heavy Truck Driver, Movement Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMarch 26, 2018
Was a very Demanding area. Sandy Hot and was a lot of Foreign Nationals with a big language barrier. Was not a hard job but stressful with the Language Barrier.
Work was in climate controlled facility, no heavy parts to lift
Production line (Former Employee) –  Buncombe County, NCMarch 18, 2018
ITT was a great place to work. Diversity in jobs were available if you volunteered to train. The facility was clean and each station was wiped with alcohol wipes at the end of each shift.
Pros
Climate controlled facility
Cons
Using FIFO, we ran out of parts.
Bad worplace culture
Avionics - Principal Member Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  NUTELEY NEW JERSEYMarch 15, 2018
Poor management. Hard work result was not recognized. People worked over 20 years did not like new hired because they are low paid. New hired are not treated well in general.
Pros
Christmas whole week closed with pay.
Cons
Bad workplace culture
Employees were pleasant but managers where sometimes difficult
Facility Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 1, 2018
Being a Facility Security Officer, I normally worked alone with my supervisor being in another location.
I supported 250 employees, so the work was intense and it was imperative that it be done correctly. All employees clearances needed to be monitored so that they could perform their jobs with whatever government agency they supported.
I enjoyed the employees who were a delight to work with but the sheer volume of employees also made for a very long and stressful day trying to keep up with all the paperwork and government contact.
Pros
Good job, good pay, good bnefits
Cons
Management is not always amenable to new experienced employees, micro-manage
Okay
Transportation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 22, 2018
ITT was a contract job on a military installation. The job was contract based and everyone was always on edge not knowing when the contract would expire.
Systems Analyst
Sr. System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Supported freight billing system.
Monitored daily job progress.
Ran weekly and monthly close jobs.
Developed software with Lansa case tool.
Debug pgms
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Na
Fun place to work.
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CA 93437February 12, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers.I like working with cabling and equipment. I like traveling to different sites. Good learning experience. Management was good.
Pros
Good job. Good people.
Cons
Sometimes lack of communications with enginering.
good
Information Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2018
I liked working for my manager, however the business ethics for account assignment were very crude and required a cut throat personality. I hit my quota quarter after quarter however it was a grind and required "stealing" accounts from my peers.
Hard to work with rigid inflexible management
CAD/CAM System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Support and manage CAD/CAM information technology infrastructure, develop new processes and programs for automation and increase efficiency on day to day operations. Help and supervise CAD drafting department people and processes.

Learned UNIX, new CAD infrastructure and tools. Research, write a large project, get approval from upper management and implement it.

The hardest managers and users to convince of new ways and processes, very pessimistic workplace culture, except for upper management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a job at a company on the other side of the spectrum -Taylor Made Golf-
Pros
Learned new skills
Cons
Very harsh work environment.
Fast paced, Financial accountability
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 31, 2018
Nuclear reactor industry

Fast paced commercial environment

Heavy metal fabrication, shop floor noisy and dusty due to type of work. Welding drilling hot metal forming.

Union environment both shop floor and clerical

Management very difficult
Pros
Inyteresting products and business
Cons
Union environment
Lovely clean and quiet place. Pleasant people.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Inventory and audit parts in the company store. Interfaced with my co - workers. Kept my area clean organized. My co-workers were easy talk to. They were an easy resource for me. My specific was to actually them in what they could not do in Data Entry.
Pros
My co - workers made my job easy for me, I did the same for them.
Cons
Short - term contract position.
This is a closed buisness
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJanuary 28, 2018
They closed and no longer in business. They sold out and went over seas. I really miss working there.I made the fuel lines for the Ford F150 trucks.
Troubled union
Hydro Tester (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYJanuary 24, 2018
The union doesn't stand up for all of the workers just the preferred ones. Most of the union doesn't look to the future and realize that they need to keep the young employees and educate them so that the company can be successful. By holding on to guys that have been there 35 and 40 years they are promoting a work place where new guys are not able to learn these jobs and be able to do them when those older guys leave.
Good corporate culture
Senior Systems Engineer, I (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 24, 2018
ITT (name changed due to merger now) was a relaxed work space where work came in bursts and spurts. While it could be really fast paced and cut throat during peak work, by and large, it was a relaxed workplace.
Pros
Great Corporate Culture and benefits
Cons
As Federal Government Contractors, lack of job security
Good company to work for
Maintenance/Welder (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 20, 2018
As a Rig Welder I have enjoyed being part of the team. The workplace was reasonable. I learned to be a positive team member The most enjoyable part of the day was to complete my work.
Pros
The company paid good
Cons
The employment ended