ITT Corporation Employee Reviews

Great benefits, currently not a great work environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYNovember 12, 2018
ITT was great when I began working there. With so many senior management changes, no one knows what the priorities are from day to day. They are losing their strongest employees by overworking them. The facility is understaffed, which was the result of ITT laying off many people when things were "slow" and not anticipating the ramp up in sales. People that work in the manufacturing environment are not easilly replaced or trained. Most employees are burning out.
Pros
good benefits package, decent compensation
Cons
lack of direction from senior leadership, too much management turnover
Communications Techician 2
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Virginias Chesapeake Shores, VASeptember 14, 2018
Working for ITT in Afghanistan was very tough, giving the hazards that are associated with working an active war, (conflicted) Zone. Management was very understanding and my co-workers were some of the nations best in the industry. The hardest part about working over there was keeping your mentality focused on the tasked to be performed while being in a hostile fire combative zone. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I could take care of my family at the end of the day with the lucrative compensation and bonuses associated with working OCCONUS.
Pros
Compensations
Cons
War Zone and separation from family for over a year
Good pay , benefits and decent management
Artist Illustrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 28, 2018
Good pay, good overtime, decent management.
Learned various types of computer systems and softwares
Chance for more education just was laid off before I started more schooling. Great vacation benefits.
The hardest thing was having the time card filled out for every quarter hour because of accounting doing time card audits anytime. We sometimes had 5 to 9 different jobs numbers in a day
and switched back and forth. the best job I ever had. we did have a
a person who was in charge of special events that waiting until the end of day every Friday that came down and needed something completed by Monday.
Best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Good pay good vacation good management. Best place I ever worked
Cons
Time card audits, Over achiever team leader who was not kept in check.
Electrical/Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Valencia Ca.December 16, 2018
Itt is a good place to work had good benefits. The salary was good. Management was not real good. the company was having hard times.My coworkers are very supportive and always had each others back. I was able to work on a fast paced assembly line and or alone. Did not have to be under supervision i had a job to do and did with Quality and on time delivery.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management was not all so good
Cut throat culture
OSHA safety inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg North CarolinaSeptember 19, 2018
The pay and benefits were great. Management just out to protect themselves from losing a good paying job...coworkers will brown nose and rat u out for anything like having ur cell phone on u or takin a 5 mins longer break just to get favoritism when layoffs come around and they do come around because it's a contract job. I am being real about this, u got 60 years old men snitching on u like it's middle school....I came in as an inspector because I am a veteran and have a bachelor's degree and little did I know, everybody in all depts applied for my job and I was hired from the outside which made me a target for a lot of jealous people who didn't have the credentials I did to get my job. This is fort bragg now...the peoplewill stab u in the back and are so fake putting on a show for management so they remain relevant when layoffs come and hope they kissed butt enough that they aren't put on the laid off list..There are some genuine people there but watch ur back because snitches everywhere because somebody got promoted or came from outside the company and they want ur job or layoffs are comin because they lost the contract and will do anything for management to keep their job..believe what I say..this is the cold hard raw truth.
Pros
Pay and working on fort bragg
Cons
No job security and hostile work environment because nobody wants to get laid off
ITT - Could be great
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYAugust 29, 2018
ITT could be a great place to work if Management actually followed what they preach. They give classes on work life balance but expect you to answer emails all hours of the day or night. They just don't care about their employees.
Pros
Compensation is great
Cons
Management is awful.
good
Movement Equipment Specialist/Wrecker Operator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 3, 2018
Good company to work for, management could be a lot better but what company is perfect. good benefits, great mix of cultures. Plenty of room for advancement if that's what you are looking for
Management turnover is extreme. I worked there four years and had 9 managers.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Westminster, SCAugust 11, 2018
Expect mandatory vacation in July. Layoffs are frequent Management in Westminster, SC are backstabbing, they don't care about the people on the floor.
Benefits
Cons
Management team
Excellent work and competitive advancement
Fire Control Systems Repair/ Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Doha KuwaitAugust 29, 2018
work: Relaxed work atmosphere, great comradely.
Learned: Management skills, ISO Quality requirements and environmental requirements.
Management: Good leaders with compassionate skills.
Culture: Same as military units, competitive but fair.
Hardest: long hours, shared living quarters.
Most enjoyable: working together for common goal.
Pros
Excellent pay, great work environment
Cons
Cohabitation with other employees, shared rides
Terrible management
Credit & Collections Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NY 13148March 29, 2018
Worst placeever to work. People gossip aniut each other every day and the bullying is terribke even from management. They don't mediate and make matters worse. Their goals are unrealistic and the people are inhumane.
Cons
Everything but the benefits
Lots of opportunity, Focus is on shipping product at any cost.
Director of Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYOctober 10, 2018
Day is focused on putting out fires. Very little emphasis on long term problem solving. Priority is to get product out the door. Management focuses on perception and rarely utilizes data. There's a lot of opportunity to make improvement and a lot of highly skilled individuals. Leadership is very weak and rarely listens to the workforce.
Pros
Great workers and enthusiaitic employees.
Cons
Perception based Leadership that does not embrace knowledge of the workforce
Not a desirable long term career. new upper management every year or so.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYOctober 6, 2018
Easy day to day work tasks there are no difficult jobs there. The company tends to pidgeon hole their employees for fear of failure to replace their previous job position. This makes it very difficult to move and learn more or reach your potential. They have a tendency to be deceptive of their intentions and outlook of the business. The new VP will call all employees together on the shop floor to inform them of who he just terminated to instil fear and compliance. Instead of promoting long standing union employees to higher job titles they breach contracts and have outside non union employees to do the tasks.
Pros
Good pay great comradery amongst union employees
Cons
heartless company. Strong disconnect between the union and company
This division never adopted the ITT culture
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 7, 2018
Management focused on Program execution. Business development was not on their radar and in fact it was too early. Hardest part of the job was the workplace culture...engineering driven caused rigid thinking.
Pros
Great at Program execution.
Cons
Arrogant, engineering culture. Focused on a rigid business process.
I enjoyed working at ITT althought it had a lot of demands
MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 5, 2018
ITT was a Military supplier so attention to detail was required. I enjoyed working with most of the people and we had a great relationship with my fellow Engineers. There was a lot of demand and at time very stressful but over all I love my time there
Pros
Learned a lot of stuff and applied it back into improving the company
Cons
When management changed over they were actually silly and eventually shut down the facility
Awesome
Site Leader (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 18, 2018
The greatest place on earth! Working at ITT,Inc. has been the best decision I’ve ever made. The office culture is amazing, and full of energy throughout the day. If you don’t get pumped up on the floor just by listening to everyone else, this probably isn’t the job for you.

There are several ongoing training opportunities, and depending on who your Director is, you could have an amazing direct team experience, too.

As for the elephant in the room, YES, you can ACTUALLY use the unlimited PTO policy, which you’d be hard pressed to find among many other companies.
Good corporate culture
Senior Systems Engineer, I (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 24, 2018
ITT (name changed due to merger now) was a relaxed work space where work came in bursts and spurts. While it could be really fast paced and cut throat during peak work, by and large, it was a relaxed workplace.
Pros
Great Corporate Culture and benefits
Cons
As Federal Government Contractors, lack of job security
Big building with a lot of different big machines to operate.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CA 91355September 16, 2018
I could of learned more if there wasn’t so much job security issues. Most workers were easy to get along with good overall work environment. Management needs to be improved.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad management in the lead level. Miscommunication
Good Job
Outside Plant Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanAugust 2, 2018
Good experience for me. Advancement is available if you want it. Pay was excellent, and travel available. Training and self-improvement also available for longer commitment.
Pros
Excellent pay; travel; training/self-improvement; promotion from within.
Cons
Management stubborn.
Benevolent company, good management in manufacturing facilities
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oscoda, MIJuly 25, 2018
ITT was very strong in assisting with career growth and education assistance. Provided bonus program for hourly and salaried work force.
Company sponsored events were quite generous.
Empowerment was actually in place and encouraged, by the better supervisors anyway.

I would work for ITT again if the right situation developed.
Pros
Individual decision making was encouraged
Cons
Corporate interference with daily plant operations were difficult on occasion.
Good job
Special Project Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 28, 2018
The management was fair to all. Union shop. After you get to the highest job there is no room for advancement. Company sold out and moved to another state.