IAC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNJanuary 21, 2018
When I worked at IAC, the supervisors never knew what was needed to be done. They never knew how many parts we needed to make, they were always late for their trucks, and they never told us until the day before that we were to be working overtime. Not a lot of the people there were friendly. The job wasn't difficult but, the management there made it a horrible place to work.
Assembly
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, VAJanuary 21, 2018
Performing in assembly of car parts for 8 hrs a day. Easy work and fair pay. Management were always accessible and approachable. Hardest part of job is standing for extended about of time.Learned how to perform job functions and operate assembly stations.
Pros
Easy work. Relaxed environment
Cons
Lay offs occur regularly
Not really organized and not good management
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNJanuary 9, 2018
Was a ok work place not really organized not good training not very clean workspace or save with oil in floors layoff just to rehire had friendly coworkers
Productive an comfortable but not without its stress
Operator (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYDecember 31, 2017
The work was great i have a good time working there. The most stress from that place to me was just lack of communication or being on the same page, other then that it was easy with many opportunities for overtime and positions available to advance. The line i was on gave me the option to decide my pay by either getting my work done an leaving early or offering help where it was needed an let others go home.
Pros
Vacation, Personal time, Benefits, occurrence system
Cons
shorter hours close to winter, communication, union
Good place to work. Well managed.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIDecember 19, 2017
Good place to work. The only reason for leaving IAC was to work day shift at another company. The management from the CEO down to the other Supervisors I worked with, got along well.
Pros
Good place to work. Good people in all areas.
Cons
No down side.
Stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHDecember 9, 2017
That is the only word that can describe that company. If it ain't someone complaining that you a new person can't keep up or the fact that they will start a rumor that if your a girl that your sleeping with everyone.
Petty
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNDecember 7, 2017
We worked seven days a week my whole two years there but they don't expect anyone to be tired and want to take a day off. I even had the point to leave and still was terminated. I was young at the time and didn't know a lot but the one thing I do know is I was done WRONG.
lack of communication boring
Molding (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALDecember 6, 2017
A typical day working at IAC third shift was ok. I learned how to mold. Management was ok they didn't make you feel welcomed. The hardest part was getting a supervisor to understand what went wrong. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with.
Pros
hours and workers
Cons
supervisor and lack of communication
Decent Job
Blow Molding (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYDecember 5, 2017
If you just do as you're supposed to and are willing to learn its not a bad place to work. Although I wouldn't apply if you have kids, you work almost everyday of the week.
Pros
designated smoking area, plenty of parking, learning different areas
Cons
Working 24/7
Productive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 4, 2017
Working as a Security guard with this company has taught me how to manage security cameras and how to manage mail. It was a very good place to work for my first time working as a security guard. Great employees and friendly enviroment.
Pros
Free food Air Condition Work Place Free Beverages
Cons
Commuting/Travel
One sided need to be Mexican decent
Supervisor Contractor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 3, 2017
If you weren't bilingual you don't have a chance everything was in Spanish and wouldn't let me know what to they were saying that I n undermining everything I done
Pros
Cons
Very racahial
working
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 3, 2017
assembly line love the people and the work. and the money. it was a job that paid very well and every week and vacation pay, I just love my job and the people there.
Pros
rate of pay
Cons
plant ended
okay work place
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALDecember 1, 2017
its has its pros and cons but overall its a good place to work morning meetings to get a layout of the day get with your team leader, they are suppose to give more detailed info on the coming order the its off to work
Pros
fast pace
Cons
short breaks
There as a temp
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Huron, OHNovember 18, 2017
My job end after I work there for like a month it wasn’t much that I knew about the job cause I was only there a short time while I was there everything always was down and the supervisor never knew what to do
Pros
N/a
Cons
Didn’t have it together
Challenging environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 13, 2017
IAC challeged me to be a more efficient leader. The people I've met during my career have encouraged me and considered me reliable. I would recommend IAC to any motivated individual.
Good place to work , up beat people
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCOctober 30, 2017
Iac was a good place to work, good team work and management. Iac included good benefits and life insurance. The plant it self was very warm due to us maling carpets for vehicles,
Benefits
Cons
Plant was hot
iac summary
Operator/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNOctober 25, 2017
iac was a difficult place to move up, or advance. management had there favorits and they showed a ton of favoritism to those they chose to be friends with. you can advance if you know the right people, the money was ok and the job itself was worth the money.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no advancment, bad managment, and lazy hr employees
Everything is based on seniority
Operator (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INOctober 20, 2017
It is all based on seniority and not on how well you do your job. There are a lot of lazy people and no communication between departments so it is hard to find out what needs to be done.
Poor Quality
Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huron, OHOctober 16, 2017
Poor management, culture of blame, Poorly staffed, Poor relationship with all employees, No follow up on major issues. Quality is poor and customers unsatisfied.
Goog
Assistance operator (Current Employee) –  Old Fort, NCOctober 9, 2017
Good place to work easy to learn and get the hang of the way thing go and work around there..... loved it as an assistance operator and got to use my mind a lot