IASIS Healthcare Employee Reviews

Learned alot
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 25, 2018
It was my first job. I worked nights and enjoyed learning all the basics plus more. I liked my coworkers. I learned about cardiac drips and wound care.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, high pt ratio
Wadley in Texarkana was great!
Registered Nurse PRN (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TX then West Monroe, LAOctober 21, 2018
Wadley in Texarkana was Great! Rarely short-staffed, adequate orientation, great place to work. Glenwood in West Monroe, LA not so much. Frequently short-staffed, departments did not work together, manager was rude (yelling/screaming at employees), patient safety was a daily issue, impossible to change departments without retaliation.
Hopefull New Owners will Make a Difference
middle manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2018
The parent company while I worked there was too focused on squeezing every dollar out of the place. I hear it has changed, that is good. Local leadership was always changing and there seemed to be a lot of instability at the hospital and the sister hospitals. I hear it is better now.
Pros
The local employees worked hard and cared about patients
Cons
Too much fosu on profits and not enough on service
Bad management, preferential treatment to some employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTSeptember 2, 2018
I worked here for about 2-1/2 years. Management was horrible. Never a manager around when you needed something. Hospitals are filthy. Plan on getting at least one call a day to cover shifts on your days off or during your vacation when you are thousands of miles away. Asked to work 18 hour shifts and then treated badly when you were too exhausted or had plans and couldn’t pick up extra hours for them. Yet taken for granted when you did pick up extra hours/shifts. Managers had their favorite employees and they were definitely treated as such. The favorites were allowed to come in late everyday, disappear from the floor for hours at a time, and were not required to follow policy and procedure. It was a very cliquey place to work, which adds a whole new level of anxiety to an already stressful job. Most shifts I was asked to care for more patients than we were supposed to have. There were never enough nurses or aides on duty. You run from the moment you get there until you manage to get out the door (sometimes hours after your shift ended). Tons of drug seeking patients here. They will admit any patient who refuses to leave the ED. This has a lot to do with the fact that they are a private hospital and don’t have to follow the same admittance standards as other facilities. Lots of nice employees but management couldn’t care less about employees. If you attempt to call in sick with a contagious illness they will tell you to come in anyway and wear a mask. Oh, but make sure you don’t tell your patients you are sick tho because that “looks bad”.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, bad management
Salaries are strong but benefits are weak
Director of Compliance & Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 2, 2018
No 401(k). Even though it is a health insurance company the health insurance is not very good. They don't provide paid vacation for a lot of the entry-level positions.
Good place to work, friendly staff
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 24, 2018
Good place to work, friendly staff, management was fair and stood up for employees, at least in my department (lab). Opportunity for overtime during busy winter season. Benefits were ok, tuition reimbursement and 401k.
Pros
Nice schedule
Cons
Insurance could be cheaper, for profit hospital
High paced environment with opportunity to meet new people.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 16, 2018
Opened the cafeteria grill making typical American breakfast foods. They included but were not limited to pancakes, French Toast, hash browns, bacon and sausage.
Pros
not enough team players
Cons
i was able to work alone
IASIS was a good place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 10, 2018
IASIS was a good place to work. They were purchased in Sept 2017 and jobs have slowly been leaving Franklin. However, I would have stayed if that were not the case.
Don’t work here. Not a safe work environment.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2018
Southwest General Hospital is not concerned with the wellbeing of staff nurses just monthly score sheets. The patient to nurse ratio’s are way too high and there is no change in sight. During interviews will tell you 5 to 1, and you’ll be at 7 to 1 almost always. They have major turnover problems and administration doesn’t care because they are happy in their jobs.
Clerk Scanning
Clerk Business Offices (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2018
It was a good place to work mannegment was not so good not good communication and they will not give you chance to advance they will want to keep in one job no cross training and it was a okay place to work but I learned a lot from that place thank full to had started to work there there was people that help a lot.
wonderfulll place to work
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 14, 2018
I was with iasis for over 8 years they were long hours and good management you got time off when you needed it and the benifited her good not the best but good
Pros
well paid
Cons
long work hours
misleading job description and opportunity description
manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
overwork with managers that should be directors, managers report to vp directly no director. job advertisement is misleading, they should hire analyst
Cons
misleading requirements
N/a
Physician Group of Utah (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2018
I don't want to review the company; it was an Ok company to work for but all leadership was out of state so getting projects completed became challenging
Nice friendly place to work
Medical collector II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2018
Had to do 65 accounts a day. Learned a lot about Medicaid and Medicare. Management was new and did not have a lot of knowledge and experience. Had access to lots of programs
Pros
friendly place to work....
Cons
management
Customer Service. Front Desk Receptionist
Steward (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 24, 2018
Every day I worked at the Front desk, Greeted the mail man and Deliveries of supplies ect. The people were pleasant to work with, we moved to new System that made things Easier to process. Took calls from Patients on bills, collected Insurance info, Did payments, did Discount adjustments. Transferred credit from one account to another of patients accounts. Did financial aid applications, collected income info sent to the Hospital CFO, then sent letters to the patients with the Decision from the CFO. Added Insurance and billed out.
Pros
The weekly hours are adjujsted so friday we work 6 hrs.
Cons
They do not have to give Breaks. and management is really Strict.
Company lax on upholding policies, benefits comperable. Easy time off obtained.
Scanner Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2018
Company benefits comperable with other healthcare facilities. Easy access for time off requests. Multiple specialties to work for ... company however is lax in upholding policies .
Local area community hospital
Clinic Manager / Safety Director/ Marketing (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 26, 2018
Large hospital that is revenue focused. None of the senior level management has a healthcare background, getting permission to change or purchase anything has to have revenue generating applications.
Excellent company to work for, recently acquired by Steward Health Care LLC
Director, and Manager, Compliance Coding Audits (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 14, 2018
IASIS is an innovative company using the latest technology to provide quality care in all health care settings. As manager/director coding compliance this position allowed interaction with the 16 facilities owned by IASIS. The corporate offices are in Franklin, TN with hospitals and clinics in Utah, Arizona, Texas and Louisiana. I was privileged to work with inpatient, outpatient, professional coders and nurses as auditor, subject matter expert and educator following quarterly audits.
In the corporate office the work environment was professional. You are in direct contact with lawyers, CEO, CFO, medical doctors and IT.
The recent acquisition is moving the corporate offices to Dallas, TX. Relocation is not part of my career path. Therefore, seeking employment in the Nashville area is important to my family.

Excellent company, work environment and culture of compliance.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Frequent travel, none of our facilities in TN.
Great Employer
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 7, 2018
This is a great place to work and the people are like family. Would recommend to family or close friends. All the upper management team is wonderful and very hands-on.
Extremely Stressful Environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 14, 2018
In my department and many othets, there is far too much work to do. It's crazy busy all shift. Demands keep piling up and things are falling through the cracks. This isn't good for anyone and we're stressed to the breaking point. I never go a day without hearing frustrated coworkers say how much they hate working here. It's sad. People are mostly kind here save for a few bad apples. Turnover is high.
Pros
Cons
Few breaks, long hours, stress, overwhelming work load