IAT Insurance Group Employee Reviews

run fast, run far
Sr Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 14, 2018
IAT instilled a new CEO in 2015 and the company has taken a nose dive ever since. The only people left there are kool aid drinkers who have no alternatives. The CEO brought in so many of his buddies from another company that the whole company is top heavy. Some divisions have more chiefs than indians.
Pros
The benefits that are left are better than some companies
Cons
Top heavy organization that doesn't care about the working stiff.
Employees come first
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 26, 2018
I've worked at 4 different insurance companies and IAT is the most dedicated to putting its employees first. They really listen and communicate. I appreciate it. And it seems like new management has a much better handle on the business - our results have been strong which makes me feel better about the future of the company overall.
Pros
retirement match, good PTO, good trust
Complete Lack of Integrity
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 9, 2018
Horrible place to work. There is a lack of integrity in the culture. No leadership, all management by the numbers. Blatant dishonesty in management from the top down.
Benefits
Cons
Complete lack of leadership.
ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs FloridaMarch 9, 2018
Compensation and benefits are excellent
Management Team is above par
Take pride in their employees and will help you advance
Great 401k Match
Exciting Work Atmosphere with New Opportunities On the Horizon
Full-Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 28, 2018
IAT Insurance Group is unlike any company I have worked for before. I work in a very collaborative and encouraging atmosphere where there is a clear opportunity for growth. I hear constructive feedback from my manager and colleagues regarding my performance on a regular basis - and the best part - I am genuinely happy when I come to work. There's a lot to do, but that's because IAT is a company on the rise. We're growing rapidly and there are so many opportunities for employees - it's a very exciting time to be at IAT.

Not to mention the generous PTO, the 401K 7% company match, multiple bonus opportunities, etc. The list goes on and on. I am very fortunate to be apart of the IAT family and I look forward to my future with the company!
Pros
22 days PTO, paid holidays, 7% 401K match, profit sharing, bonuses, employee engagement events, synergistic work environment, opportunity for growth
Great Opportunities, Strong Benefits & Caring Leadership
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 20, 2018
I've been with IAT almost 3 years and the last 12 months have been the best. The leadership is listening to staff, responding and building a great culture. There is lots of opportunity for people who are motivated. The company has a bright future.
Pros
7% 401k company match!
Productive and a fun work place
Customer Service Rep. & Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLFebruary 2, 2018
My Co-workers and Supervisors were very nice and helpful, very patient and understanding people. The work and the benefits were very good. I miss it, too bad it was sold.
ok place to work
Claims Specialist/Litigation (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2017
I would get assigned new lawsuits filed against the insured or company. I would review the lawsuit to verify coverage and non covered allegations. I would contact the policyholder to discuss the lawsuit and then assign to defense counsel to file an answer. I would then monitor all litigation discovery procedures and eventually determine if this was a claim to resolve or proceed to trial.
Pros
great location
Cons
new management team lacks engagement with employees
Lots of Favoritism / Inequitable Pay
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 28, 2017
Managers brought in their friends from other companies and paid them major money ... while those that have been there a while make pennies. Raises are hard to come by, but a heavy workload is plentiful.
Pros
Can't Think of Any
Cons
Inequitable Pay, Stressful, Good Work Goes Unrecognized
Not a good place to be
Property claims adjuster (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 26, 2017
There is a lot of internal politics at this company. They fire people daily for no reason other that someone wants them gone. Work 12 days 5 days a week and get fired the next week. Not a good place to work at all. I had to give one star because I wasn't allowed to give ZERO!
Pros
nothing
Cons
the entire job
Excellent
Actuarial and Data Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 7, 2017
IAT Insurance Group is a company that fosters growth in all its departments and looks for its employees to succeed. As an intern, I was able to gain hands-on experience in the insurance world and was in constant contact with my manager.
This place rocks!!!
Property Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2017
IAT was the best place I have ever worked. They are awesome. We love them. Anyone who has anything bad to say about IAT has only themselves to blame. Just saying!!!
Pros
The Place Rocks
Cons
None really!!
Property
Property claims adjuster (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2017
The management team is a joke. If they say it no doubt it is a lie. They will use you mistreat you and then get rid of you. There are a lot of political issues with upper staff going on effecting day to day operations.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
mistreatmnet
not a very good experience overall,
Bodily Injury Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 23, 2017
A typical day is extremely busy with lots of interruptions and competing interests for your time.

I gained a lot of technical knowledge. But the work culture deteriorated with changing management which seemingly occurred every 8 months or so.

The hardest part of the job was trying to achieve goals and tasks without being overwhelmed with layers of process and procedures that changed as frequently as management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a large number of dedicated and intelligent individuals.
Haven't worked there for 6 years
SENIOR UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 30, 2017
I haven't worked here for a long time. I do not have any opinions about the current situation there. My thoughts would not be valid due to the length of time since I was employed.
Good place for pay and benefits
Associate Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 10, 2017
Company undergoing changes to address competitive market. Lots of positive things happening. New management for the most part is positive. Would like to see more training.
Pros
Pay and benefits. New management team is helping the place to change.
Cons
Lots going on would help to prioritize.
management is UW department could use some work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 27, 2017
I was not happy with the way things were done in the department I was working in. I think they could use to reevaluate their management and the way things are done. Nobody is trained the same so you think you are doing things correctly and than you find out you are not.
Associate Processor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 27, 2017
IAT is a hard place to work they do not train people correctly, they have management that don't even know what they are doing the only good thing about this place is the PTO time
Difficult to advance
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 14, 2016
Management doesn't understand the value of real life experience and prior trial experience. Too much focus on prior claims experience. Flexible work schedules. Good atmosphere.
not a very happy place, new CEO with lots of changes
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 27, 2016
Busy environment, which I like very much. Management is not the best. Co -workers are pleasant. I have learned underwriting for other states

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IAT Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.