IBC Bank Employee Reviews

Worst job I have ever had.
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKApril 18, 2019
I would like to specify how extremely toxic management is. I stayed as long as I could but my concerns were not being addressed. The pay is too low and there's no room for advancement.
IBC is great for someone starting a career in banking
Auditor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2019
I have learned so much at my career with IBC Bank. Its agreat place to work. The biggest downfall is not paying their employees nearly what they are worth. Otherwise I would work for IBC for a very long time.
Good for resume's but bad for your wallet.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXApril 15, 2019
IBC is a really good place to work if you want to add some good things to your resume, but not if you are looking for a high paying job. I love working here but I just don't get paid enough. The people are great and the customers are even better. If I was paid more then I would be happy to stay but unfortunately I am currently looking for another job. I have noticed that this company is a bit of a revolving door due to the pay, no one likes leaving because we love our customers as well as our coworkers, if the pay was more they would have less people leave.
Pros
Christmas bonus, Fun environment, good coworkers
Cons
Low pay, slow response from upper management
ok job, ok corporate, ok management, Great benefits
Vault Teller/Uni 1 Teller/New-Hire Teller Trainer (Current Employee) –  OK MarketApril 12, 2019
I’ve been working for IBC for 9 months. it’s decent i will say. you deal with great customers & snobby customers. you have great coworkers & lazy, unhelpful coworkers. Your manager can be helpful or they can be power hungry and bully you. it really depends on where you go & how you look at the big picture. the pay is alright, you’re supposed to get a raise every 4 months but it doesn’t show on your check til month 5 or 6. I love the hours tho, 8-6. You go to in-class training for 4 weeks then OJT for 2 weeks. so it’s very extensive and informative. you learn more while working & being around it everyday. i learn something new everyday & i know this job like the back of my hand. More nice things: Guaranteed nights off. Most weekends & holidays off. Health, Dental & Vision insurance.. very nice. 2 weeks paid vacation & 1 day/month of sick time. Teller performance is not fun, it can get stressful & be fight to the death. So this job is DECENT. You have to work your butt off to advance. You have to have patience for some of the customers you get. It does give you the experience you might need to find yourself in a better job or starting your career. overall, 3/5 ice cream cones.... really just depends on the kind of day you’re having. Apply at your own will, this job is not for everyone!! I don’t plan on leaving for awhile, for now at least. Best of luck for you if you get the job!!
Pros
1 hr lunches, benefits, lovely coworkers, funny customers
Cons
management, goals, uniforms are annoying
Great place
Commercial Credit Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2019
Loved working there it was a great environment. Highly recommend. It was not to stressful and not to demanding. Management was great to work with and flexible.
great experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Commerce, OKApril 10, 2019
"Great training program for the tellers"

"One of the few pros is that if someone is looking to get their foot in the door to the banking world, it's a good place to start"
Pros
Loved my coworkers and bank office
Cons
The pay could have been better
Fair place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 10, 2019
I have worked at IBC Bank for 9 to 10 months, although the pay isn't the best, you do shape your own check. I love the atmosphere, and I love the people I work with.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Terrible pay
Poor management and training
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKApril 8, 2019
Literally never had a manager in the 10 months I was there, benefits were alright but they totally messed up my maternity paperwork several times and then ended up terminating my job because they lost the paperwork. HR and management are completely incompetent.
Pros
I loved my coworkers
Cons
Poor management and HR
Stressful. Not the best bank to work in.
Teller (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 4, 2019
Do not work here for more than 6 months!! Get your experience and proceed to find a better paying bank where you will likely do everything you already do at IBC but for an actual better paying bank. IBC has high expectations of employee's however the management is extremely poor and unorganized. Do not work here for more than you have to. It isn't worth all the stress especially with such a poor pay.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
Inconsistency, poor pay, poor management, high expectations of employees.
divertido
Bank Officer Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXApril 3, 2019
bueno compania lo unico es el salario en cuanto mejoren eso va ser mejor empresa
Pros
salario
Cons
salario
Fun place to work, paid training cant be beat by any other establishment.
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2019
IBC offers the perfect opportunity to start their career in banking. IBC's training program is second to none and offers plenty of chance for advancement in the company.
Avoid working here at all costs
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 28, 2019
Extremely poor management. Do not work here. The environment is stressful. Pay was extremely low, they expect you to do more for so little. Management is horrible and customer complaints are out the roof. Get your experience and leave.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
does not pay well
Na
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palmhurst, TXMarch 28, 2019
Was a great company to work, worked there for 6 years the job culture was good and the way it was easy to learn the system great bank to start at and get experence
Very fun atmosphere
Senior Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 26, 2019
Dont be afraid to engage in a conversation with the customers, that’s how you’ll get to know th and better assist them financially and it will help you grow more as a person
Pros
Atmosphere
A place to start if you don't have any banking experiance
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 21, 2019
I worked with this company for a little under 2 years as a part-time employee. My numbers were always up, I always did the jobs nobody else wanted to, and I went to work at other locations when help was needed. This still wasn't enough to get me into a full-time position. Instead, the manager hired her friend who had 0 banking experience for a full-time position.
Pros
Work Exp
Cons
Gotta know someone to get somewhere
Low pay! Only 1 off day!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2019
Pay wasn't good! Some of the people there were no good ! Made some good friends but the pay wasn't worth it plus u only get 1 day off! Which is not worth it. Wasn't worth it. Place was toxic
Terrible to work for and bank with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2019
I would not recommend this job or this bank to anyone looking. The only positive is training was easy, nothing they taught was useful but it was easy. Management is useless unless you are in their branch in their face daily. Offer no support or direction to new associates. Sales "help" is a joke, very condescending when answering questions and give attitude when asked for an approval. That is if they can provide the answer or approval, most of the time is spent playing phone hockey and you're being bounced around from distant person to distant person. Customers leave because it is too difficult to make change to THEIR accounts and staff leaves because they are blamed for the difficulty.
Pros
I can't think of one
Cons
Too many to list.
Run away
Universal Teller I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 16, 2019
You earn more anywhere else but here. no growth whatsoever and they constantly threaten your job. They hold your promotion hostage by them wanting to do managerial work before getting the raise and job tittle. your life literally withers away the more time you spend here.
It’s ok
Personal Banking Representative (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 15, 2019
I just do my best and help the customers as best as I can and do my job.. I can say that my main supervisor is the best she would go above her job.....,,,
Pros
Time off
Cons
People always call
Ibc
Universal Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2019
Overall a typical day at work consisted of regular teller duties however this bank was very persistent on meeting the sales required and if an employee did not meet that then it was problem, especially for the location I worked at (Alief location). The workplace was not nice because of the manager, she constantly yelled and made you feel terrible if you did not meet the sales or something else she did not like. The pay is absolutely horrible for a bank and the amount of work they require.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBC Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight