IBERIABANK Employee Reviews

I love my job!!
Deposit Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 8, 2019
The best place to work for. All the supervisors are super cool and relaxed. You are able to advance on to other positions and learn so much. IBERIABANK is the place to be
Pros
Hour lunches, laid back
Cons
No overtime in most departments
Horrible employment experience
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAFebruary 7, 2019
Iberia Bank is a joke!!!! The Ruston Branch is managed terribly. Unless you want to be miserable everyday then this job is perfect for you! If you like doing everyone’s job and getting paid the least then this is the right for you! Iberia Bank loves to not give you lunches and loves to mistreat you. The management loves to lie to you so if you like liars then apply ASAP!!!! This company is horrible. They do nothing but continue to support the problem at the Ruston Location!!!!
Pros
Cons
Management, Pay
Awful Management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAFebruary 6, 2019
If you are not willing to believe the managers shady lies, you do not receive any respect. HR is a joke. They will receive numerous complaints and always will believe the manager. If you have 5 people complaining about the management team, and nothing is being done, there is something wrong. Whenever asking for a raise, they say they are in a freeze period. You are promised all of these benefits and promises to move up, and nothing happens. The manager tries to manipulate everyone to not trust their fellow coworkers. I was being harassed when I first started, and nothing happened. The girl that did everything go away with it, and someone else who didn’t do anything was put on a final. Only have 4 days out of the month when you’re actually busy. The customers get away with shady stuff from the bankers. Only plus side is gaining experience to work elsewhere.
Pros
Insurance, vacation, experience
Cons
Management, no room to grow, pay
Awful management
HEAD TELLER (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAFebruary 6, 2019
I do not recommend working for Iberia Bank at the Ruston location. The management is awful. They do not care about you. They lie and manipulate to get you to be loyal to them and only them. But as soon as they feel threatened for something they did wrong they will throw you under the bus as if you are nothing to them. But if you suck up to them and let them control and manipulate you, they will lie and cover up your mistakes. They are so immature and messy. They get paid more than you just to sit on their butts and walk all over the good workers. I was never trained as if they wanted me to fail. I literally had to read the manual and train myself. I have never been treated so poorly in my life. By anyone.
Pros
Paid time off, easy in to banking without experience
Cons
Management, pay
Lack of employee support from management
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 24, 2019
Lack of consistency and knowledge of management. Zero support from Loan Originators. Zero acknowledgment of accomplishments. Promises made upon hiring are not met.
Pros
travel distance & flex hours
Good job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 12, 2019
Very easy to learn your job duties/functions. Can be hard to advance, and get raises they say were in a “black period”
Although the starting pay is better than most in the area you start out the same as everyone else regardless of experience.
Higher roles within the bank make very good money however there’s not a lot of room for growth unless you’re in Louisiana.
Additional work can be added to your load without additional compensation.
Pros
Hour lunch break, competitive pay, good benefits
Cons
Insurance is expensive, no co pays
Loved my job with Iberiabank
Post Closing Department (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Approved settlement statement with title company. FHA and VA insuring. Wire money to FHA and VA. Communicate with lenders to clear any suspense items .
Banking
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 5, 2018
The job is going to be very similar wherever you are in the market, and I’ve worked at a bunch. Most jobs in the offices focus on internal sales, so if that’s not what you want to try a different department.

IBERIABANK is a relatively large company with locations across the gulf south, so if if you see yourself relocating they may be able to accommodate with a position.
Flexible and Focused
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 15, 2018
My day is spent working in Encompass to analyze loan documents uploaded by Operations staff against the data in the system to be exported to our annual HMDA LAR. I spend 75% of my day looking at loans and 25% sending and responding to work related emails.

I wish there was more training to specific to my job, aside from the required annual online training. Members of my team could benefit from periodic training and interaction with others in the industry to become more efficient with best practices.

Management over my time with the company has varied from allowing and encouraging me to work independently, but with fellow team members, with management support nearby as needed to a more overbearing presence, less encouraging of independence.

Working from home and from a small branch separate from the corporate office does not lend to much involvement in company-wide activities. The branch itself has an atmosphere of friendliness with maintaining focus on duties being an unspoken expectation.

The most difficult part of the job is inability to sometimes get answers from management in a timely manner and/or to feel supported when making decisions independently

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility to work from home 80% of the time and flexibility in my work day to take off as needed for medical appointments or to transport my child to/from school related functions.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
access to management support
It was a fast paced job but it was satisfying waiting on customers.
Drive Thru Teller (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LANovember 14, 2018
Fast paced but got everything done. I learned about banking and how to utilize my time. We had decent management. Like I said it was fast paced but we all worked together good. It was hard wanting to help my customers more than I could being in the drive thru. It was satisfying earning the trust of my customers.
Pros
Meeting new people and getting to know them.
Cons
Having to leave customers in other hands when they needed something I couldn't do.
Very good place to work
Deposit Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LANovember 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working there and would have continued if the position was not dissolved. The job that I did was deposit services and really enjoyed working with the different clients.
Good company
Underwriter / Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 29, 2018
Good company to work for, no one watches over what you do. Fair company until new upper management took over. Then policy and procedures changed. They did not care about employees.
Pros
No one watches over you
Focused on profits to shareholders
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 25, 2018
Company is focused on profits to shareholders, senior management not always the most knowledgeable and very unorganized, workplace culture uninspired.
Pros
average benefits offered
Cons
Senior management unorganized and not always knowledgeable, cliques in power
There are some opportunities
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2018
I like the fact that we only work Saturday's once every quarter. Weekly, monthly and quarterly goals are not defined well. Once you get to a certain level, there is no opportunity for job advancement
Pros
Work Sataurday's once a quarter
Cons
Some manager's mico manage and do not want to listen to suggestions
IBERIABANK is not fair with the promotion of African Americans.
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  GENTILLY BRANCHOctober 1, 2018
A typical day at work is always exciting. The clients are a pleasure to service. I am so disappointed with the lack of promoting the African Americans. African Americans are employed, however not in top notched positions. I have been employed for over three years and observe tellers promoted to Managers. I know I have a choice to stay or leave, however, I choose to stay due to the Management being so considerate during my time as a student.
Pros
Insurance and a paycheck
Cons
No room for advancement
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 24, 2018
I was sorry i left my long time job to work here to be laid off after two years due to position elimination. Overall good environment. I learned a lot and met great people.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
upper management issues
Fun Workplace
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 20, 2018
Working for Iberia was ok. The only thing I was not impressed with was management. I felt as though they put favorites in authority instead of people who were actually qualified for the position.
N/aa
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 11, 2018
It was my first job and it treated me like a mascot, only hire family, and dont care about the employees. they are a small bank that only bank a small group of people, mangement has no respect
Compassionate Management
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time at IBERIABANK. I was able to learn valuable knowledge that I can apply to future employment. Management was compassionate and caring.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 23, 2018
A really good place to work. Our team worked well together. We had an excellent Senior VP who managed all of our team, she was the best boss I’ve ever had. There are some really great people in this organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBERIABANK. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight