IBERIABANK Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Job
Disclosure Desk Analysts (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 2, 2018
Very nice place to work. Great benefits. Great environment. The staff are so helpful with what ever you need. Big team organization to work in and be apart of.
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 10, 2018
Worked in Collections for the last 8 years, preparing the loans to go to foreclosure. Very Busy. Enjoyed doing what I was doing and working with the group, we all got along well, liked to have fun but still got our jobs completed.
Ability to dress comfortable
Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJuly 4, 2018
No customer contact so dress code is not an issue, small office, makes for both good and bad issues. very young management lends to inexperienced leadership
Hostile and Toxic Environment
Loan Processor/Super (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 2, 2018
Come to work stressed out just to know that I have to go there. Hateful upper management If not like you are mistreated. Cutthroat Hostile envirnoment
Cons
Everything if you are not favored you are treated unfairly
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 28, 2018
Company is currently going through a re-structure. Several positions are being eliminate including mine. Nevertheless, still a great place to work, good benefits, very diverse associates, good work to family balance
Pros
associates are more like family
Cons
frequent lay-offs
Professional
Proof Operator II (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for this bank. If I had the opportunity to advance, I would have stayed. Everyone was very professional and handled customers accordingly.
Would never work here again
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 15, 2018
They are not loyal to there employees. does not matter how long you have been there. your job can be terminated at any point. upper management never sees they working staff.
Pros
Health insurance is good
Cons
Great work life balance, but not much upward mobility.
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 14, 2018
Good for those looking for balance between work and life. However, if career advancement is your goal, or learning new skills, not the best place. Job security is also not the best either.
not all it is cracked up to be
banker (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 13, 2018
On the surface it looks great, a wonderful opportunity to learn the nit and grit of banking, they do not rely solely on computers to make decisions. management is shady, if they do not like you for any reason they will find something, turn something or even make up something to let you go. It's the branch mangers and up who make the rules, and if they like or know you from past work relationships, then you are good. If not, tread lightly and watch your back. Bank is in growth mode, they acquire then let go, so you never know if it is your turn to g, seen way to many co-workers shown the door like this.
Upper management horrible in southwest area
Banker Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton FlJune 7, 2018
I was over promised and under delivered from upper management who does not support employees. Manage is clickish with some employees.. Bank has favoritism and nepotism is often practiced.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Constant lies from upper management
Daily Routine
Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJune 6, 2018
I would need to have a black out time for each loan officer I processed for.
I would need to process from closing date.
I issued CD's and submitted files to closing even if not all there per policy.
its a fair place to work
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 6, 2018
My manager can be inconsistent, but fair. The pay could be better and the benefits are a bit lacking. I like that our BIG managers are approachable and listen.
Assistant Branch Manager
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 21, 2018
This branch of Iberia Bank was located in a very small town. It was nice to get to know the regular customers that would come in on a regular basis. I learned a lot on the operations side of managing a branch. I managed 3 tellers and a Universal Banker. The hardest part of this position was once the locals got to know you, only you could assist them with their banking needs which was difficult at times when other customers were waiting as well. I enjoyed developing a relationship with these customers that made them feel comfortable with who they were banking with.
Pros
Flexiable schedule when needed
Cons
Hard to take lunch breaks
IberiaBank seemed great at first but the very slimy
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 11, 2018
The company promised its employee a $2 raise if they were making $15 or less an hour back in December. When March rolls around they stated employee were receiving an annual raise of 4% which eliminated the $2 dollar raise but the company gave all of its new employees the raise. They simply do not know how to treat people and are very dishonest. I was a very dedicated employee but, grew tired of the mistreatment and lies
Cons
Terrible health insurance and the company lies to it's employees
Great for beginners
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2018
great place to learn and grow if you are to banking. however support roles have no professional advancement path. You are basically stuck where you start
Clueless upper management
Facilities Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 8, 2018
Vendors, contractors and temp workers actually control the way this company operates. Rules, guidelines and procedures only apply to the entry or mid-level associates.
There is no internal advancement, the better paying jobs and positions are filled from outside the company. Kind of interesting that they claim to "recruit the best talent." You may be the best talent when recruited, but not when that opportunity for advancement becomes available. You would have to leave the company and come back a year later (if you are in the right clique) if you truly want to move up! I have seen this scenario repeatedly.
Pros
Paycheck, health insurance, 401K
Cons
Leadership and lack of internal opportunities.
Great place to work if you don't follow rules
Universal Banker, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 6, 2018
iBeria Bank has a set of rules, as any bank does. But, the rules don't apply to you, if you have enough money or if you're friends with the manager, or if you make a big enough stink about it. There is no protection for the employees. Customers can sexually harass the employees and, if they have enough money or have been there long enough, the management will try to sweep it under the rug.
Great Customer Service Here
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 23, 2018
During my time at IBERIABANK, my team had a great culture. We had so many return customers that every day was fun. We developed bonds with our customers which made going into work, family like.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits, customers
Nice work environment
Commercial Loan Closing Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 18, 2018
The company fairly compensates their employees and they offer oppportunities for growth. Iberia Bank is enlarging its footprint in the banking industry which creates an environment for administrative advancement and corporate/legal policy knowledge.
Excellent co-workers
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 17, 2018
My day would start at 8:00 am it was a relaxed environment where I was able to go in and complete my work. Some days were stressful but I was able to pace myself and work through those times and still complete my daily tasks..
Pros
Able to work independently and had a great team.