Ibex Employee Reviews

Found 1,485 reviews matching the search See all 1,811 reviews
Poor management !!!!!!
LYFT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 15, 2018
SHOWS ALOT OF FAVORITISM
doesn't stick to policy when necessary
The managers are childish ( immature, and act petty like children)
Almost everyone was on drugs, I had to go!
November 16, 2018

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! As a company, we strive to be a great place to work for all of our employees so we apologize you did not enjoy your employee experience.

We want to understand your journey with ibex so that we can use that feedback to help make ibex a better place to work. We encourage you to reach out to ibexexperience@ibex.co so that we can coordinate a discussion regarding that feedback.

Don’t work here
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 15, 2018
They pretty much only hire people with criminal record’s. They’re starting out pay was low. You have to work weekends some people don’t have to they pick and choose. They pressure you To make sales but no one trusts the company
Pros
Breaks whenever you want
Cons
Poor pay

Terrible place to work
Tier 1 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 12, 2018
I honestly wouldn't recommend working for this company unless you are really in a bind. The work environment makes the job much more difficult than it has to be because everyone is piled on top of each other. The hours are long and the pay is not good enough to compensate for what is asked of the workers.

Not a good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 12, 2018
Management sucks, nobody wants to help when you have questions. Can't miss a day or you get into trouble. Can't be late for break or lunches or you get into trouble. Short 10 minute break like they expect that to be enough time to take a break and use the bathroom. Everyone has their favorite employees. If you do good at your job they find a way to get you to quit or get you fired.
Pros
Good pay and thats it
Cons
Short breaks, no advancement

Run away
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2018
To give you perspective, I'm writing this review as only my 4th day of training has barely started. Never had I wanted to quit a job so soon after starting!

This company will hire anyone on the street with a pulse. The facility is mediocre at best (restrooms & breakrooms in disrepair including an always broken water machine, cramped excuses for cubicles), policies are unreasonably strict about not having anything in your pocket & no paper.

The training itself is a mess, constantly stopping for breaks, jumping around on the lessons we do happen to be taught, I feel we're being set up for failure.

Don't get me started on the pay schedule! They only pay on the 5th & 20th of every month and even then for the prior month! The 5th is for the 1st-15th of the prior month & then the paydate of the 20th is for the 16th onward for the prior month. That means my first check won't be until 12/5/2018. Ummm...WE HAVE BILLS TO PAY AS PEOPLE YOU KNOW!!!!!!!

I wouldn't wish this job on a prison inmate! Never have I felt so undervalued by an employer!
Pros
Cons
Quality of facilities & personnel hired, strict personal item policies, poor training structure

Tedious Job
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2018
Working at a call center is never fun, but working at IBEX just felt like doing the same thing all day every day. Talking to people that didn't understand the basic usage of technology is pretty annoying. Having to tell someone that you can't just give them all their money back because they dropped their phone is annoying. The only plus side I'll say to it is that you got to sit inside in air conditioning or heating (if it worked). The management tends to not understand their own rules, they'll enforce something for a day and then forget about it for a few weeks until someone important comes to visit. And being rated based on how a customer reviews you is a bit ridiculous. A customer could have an issue with something entirely different to your department, but if they get sent a survey on how YOU did and they say you did poorly, you still get punished for it.

Fun working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portmore, Saint CatherineNovember 9, 2018
It is a fun working environment at times but it is not consistent, the work is a handful but it is some times bearable.. and promises are not kept which is a bummer
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough motivation
great pay
Tech Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 7, 2018
A good company to work for to gain experience in that field. The benefits are okay, but benefits are available. They need to be more transparent with its employees.
It’s okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 7, 2018
I honestly wasn’t pleased with my work experience at ibex. I was let go after having to miss work for kidney problems. Work excuses for each trip to the emergency room while being told my kidney function was depleting. They would not accept them and let me go while on suspension for missing days.

It’s a job
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2018
Pays good. Customers are okay not always yelling. Job wasn’t that bad but the environment was incredibly bleak and depressing. Trainers are poorly taught so there’s a lot to figure out and management doesn’t even want to be there. Everyone I work with now that came from IBEX all have a joke about how it was the most depressed we’d all been. I did gain experience from the job and helped me move forward.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Negative culture, non flexible schedules, bad management

Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2018
if you are looking for a job than IBEX is a good place to start. It will help you get experience you need in the work place so that you could move to something. It is also perfect for those going to school to work around classes. I feel it is a relaxed and laid back job. I like it for now as a job but not a career.
Pros
have contest, friendly environment, good managers, flexible hours
Cons
pay is low, high cost benefits, make sure you get paid
Terrible place to work
Agent in tech support (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 1, 2018
They constantly treat you like a child. I am currently trying to get a hold of them and no one is answering, my final check wont go through and tried calling corporate and they just transferred me back to the bend location who again didn't answer
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
Management sucks

client services
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 1, 2018
Great group of managers. The will help you develop into the job. The staff helps nurture and develop for other job positions. If you need schedule changes they are accommodating.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Floor support
this was a excellent place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVOctober 31, 2018
i loved the job and the people very nice and helpful. The people that are higher up are very dedicated to their employees. not much more to say it really speaks for it self.
Pros
they helped you move up in the company
Cons
certain team managers
Hated it
Tier 1 Tech Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 31, 2018
I hated everything about the job.
It never could hold up to a job of the corporate world with real professionals.
It was a lot of bad management.
Just not a good place to make a career move to.

Unorganized
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 27, 2018
They haven't once fulfilled their promise. They halfway do what they say and then give you excuses and why they can't do it. Great people are here but the policies set up need A LOT of work but no one is willing to shake things up. Management is too focused on saving their position in the company to worry about their employees well- being. They do not have a good training method created yet and the new changes day to day are never told to the employees that need to know. Yet they will fire you if you don't follow those changes even though they never give you the time to research them. The pay is good and commission can be weird but it does help your paycheck out a lot.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Bad Management, terrible polices, no concern for agents

We are open and willing to listen to all that you have to say!

Ibex -- horrible place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  spring hill, tnOctober 26, 2018
I was hired as a Customer Service Rep, but as the training proceeded it became very clear that this was a sales job. The sales quota is rediculous. The training consists of reading at your own speed, creating posters about what you read and then tested. One you make it to nesting, the runners are more set on flirting and texting than actually helping and showing you how to answer a customers questions. No one held the reps responsible for lying to the customers unless another coworker reported them. The resources are just too many. Navigating the software took a rocket scientist degree. VERY hard to understand. When I asked for help, the runner or supervisor would come to my desk, shout an answer without any explanation as to why that was the answer. The operations director gave the same speech during nesting about helping them out and working shifts that were NOT conducive to my family life. I could not work 1pm to 10pm at night. I stated this when I interviewed. Single mom with a young child at home.
This has undoubtedly been the worst employment experience of my adult life.
Pros
Great pay, paid training, not too far from home
Cons
Inadequate trained staff, no one takes responsibility for their actions, not transparent with the employees

We are open and willing to listen to all that you have to say!

Fast paced call center. This is a sales job, so if you aren't good at selling, this is not for you
ATT Agent (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 26, 2018
Fast paced call center. Took order for new ATT phone service, took payments, handled customer issues. Company expects you to upsell once you have customer on the line
Pros
Fair pay, M-F work
Cons
You had to clock out to use the bathroom!
Call Center stressfull atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 25, 2018
Receive calls
help people with their bills, remote, extra channels
Try and sell HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, ect
Liked the job for directv

However AT&T bought over and they did not do the proper training they turned a 3 month training course into a 3 week training course provided 3 people to help 160 people take live calls left people on hold for 30 to 45 minutes not getting the help they needed that they were calling in to have help with their cell phones.
Culture was like being in high school with each little group of people talking about people no one keeping to themselves being noisey in other people business alot of childish acts.
Working with people and helping fix their problem was satisfying
Pros
Party for team play
Cons
inappropriate people to deal with

supervisors are joke
tec support (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2018
horrible place to work.favoritism .if you sleep with manager you get moved up. horrible environment /nasty place. you will get tired of the company place and job since no one help you after training

We are open and willing to listen to all that you have to say!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ibex. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ibex.

Powered by Comparably