Ibex Employee Reviews

Found 1,513 reviews matching the search See all 1,846 reviews
I would not recommend
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 16, 2019
If you are looking for something temporary, IBEX is your place. The management is poor and you are answering calls all day whether it be customer service for a communications company or the city. You are constantly on call and at your desk. There are no options for breaks and if you have to use the restroom, you only are limited to a few minutes. If you go over, it is not good.
I would not recommend if someone is looking for something that would be considered a career or something long term.
I originally accepted the job due to the awesome hours. After a few months, they made us go to flexible hours and weekends.
Pros
Most supervisors are awesome
Cons
The hours and pay are terrible.
Other agents were great, management was awful! Two faced, hypocrites, contradictory and just plain self absorbed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVJanuary 10, 2019
Good money for the area but so not worth going home feeling like dirt every night. Supervisors walked around on Snapchat and Facebook while ignoring the questions that anyone had!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, being billing and pushed to sale, long hours setting
Run
Butler Farm Road, Suite (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 9, 2019
The work culture is very young and unprofessional. The hours are okay but, the PTO is something to be desired. You have to work some holidays and weekends. The people can be okay but, most do not speak or always in someone business.
Pros
Learn a lot about Apple phones and computers
Cons
People/Management
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Customer service in the billing department high call volume an average of 100 calls per day , the hardest part of the job was having to deal with upset customer and try to make the happy.
Pros
Free DTV
Cons
calls are back to back
Work atmosphere is conducive to quality work outputs!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 6, 2019
The overall work environment is really pretty good but it does sometimes get loud which is distracting to me personally. And then the opportunity for advancement is actually really great if that’s what you want! Of course, you’ve got to prove yourself and provide the results, but the possibility is high when you want to advance into a management position.
Benefits
Cons
Can’t have cell phone on you AT ALL!!!
Ghetto, Careless, and Very Unprofessional
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 2, 2019
The pay sounded decent until the job was fully experienced. It is not worth your sanity. There are reasons why many think the company is a joke to work for. Management is desperately lacking and the agents need to learn how to conduct themselves better in the workplace. They pressure to make sales and encourage to con the customers. I've been told to lie and even hang up on the customers by supervisors and floor support just to watch my disconnection rates and handle times. They blast trap music with very little consideration for the agents and customers. I didn't learn much about retention or the systems we have to use because the trainer was always disappearing, texting, or gossiping. Overall, just a very unprofessional place to work. And the only ones who move up are favorited by management. There is a huge disconnection between the higher ups and the agents. The client itself is a very poor company to represent. I've been told dozens of times by customers to either quit or move up in order to show other agents how to do their jobs right. I felt like I wasn't being paid enough for actually doing the job. No, I do not recommend Ibex to anyone in all honesty.
Pros
The pay, but it could be better
Cons
Poor Work Ethics by Agents and Management
Ghetto and little if any work ethics
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 28, 2018
It is loud and disorderly all the time. And you can't blame it on the employee's cause most of the time it gets started up by the managers. It has a dress code that very few follow including the managers and you just don't know what to expect from day to day. It is my worst performance on a job ever for real just because of the environment and If was so below my own standards and expectations of myself I just do not fit in there.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
work culture
January 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! As a company, we strive to be a great place to work for all of our employees so we apologize you did not enjoy your employee experience.

We want to understand your journey with ibex so that we can use that feedback to help make ibex a better place to work. We encourage you to reach out to ibexexperience@ibex.co so that we can coordinate a discussion regarding that feedback.

The working enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  portmoreDecember 28, 2018
The working environment is a very fast place. The training is hands on but the calls varies from person to person. the work load is very heavy but once your able to master the system it becomes easier. its a ever changing environment so you always have to be on your peas and cues however it isn't a worker friendly environment. The company is more for the clients than its agents
Horrible management, favoritism
Inbound Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 27, 2018
Awful workplace. You’re expected to maintain unrealistic stats while dealing with the worst customers ever, and you aren’t permitted to defend yourself in any circumstance of wrongdoing on the companies part.
Pros
Two ten minute breaks, thirty minute lunch. Two consecutive days off.
Cons
Management. Favoritism
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 19, 2018
Run away. Sales were tops. Never told what it was like. They hire anyone. Highest turnover. Poor management. Just a stepping stone. People would mysteriously disappear. Then found out they were fured.
work place
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 17, 2018
it not the worst place to work at but its hard to work with the schedule I have and still try to be a singe mom all at once.i loved my old manager but I also love my new manager as well
Pros
its sitting down job
Cons
pay vacation schedules
annoying
technical support agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2018
kids and old people
lazy
stealing
unorganized
cannot go to school and work
unfair
lazy
management sucks except for ROBO
way under educated
not worth the pay
easily top 5 worst companies
Working at IBEX
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 13, 2018
IBEX is a company that I would use soley for a stepping stone. with that being said, at the time I was employed there I loved my job I just didn't agree with how the management ran the company.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, Managers not being honest with the employees
Its ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2018
What I disliked about this company are the machines would rarely work. It would keep clocking you out and tell you that you were on breaks when obviously you were on calls.

Positives is you workmates who have been there a while are super nice. This is proven by how harsh management sometimes treats the employees.

It was not a bad job. Great starting point.

If you mess up too much or they don't like you. you get walked out without warnings sometimes.

Worked here til early 2018. stayed for a few years turned down for promotion to promotion for not being close with upper management. Promoted here and there promised raises never delivered.

Agents who came after me and didn't have good stats would be promoted for hanging out with management

Hardest part of the job is management.
Low IQ gets promoted and then they push their agenda and pick on people they don't like

Much like high school.
Pros
improves your skills
Cons
politics and favoritism
Management is a Hindrance
Customer Service/Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PADecember 10, 2018
Most of the day was spent taking calls at a PC, which you weren't assigned to one.

I learned I love retention, and am really good at it.

My supervisor was great, but upper management is on a constant overturn.

The hardest part of the job was the fluctuation of policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with.
Pros
pay, people
Cons
client sucks
Good place to work for.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2018
I was able to make it to Supervisor within five months. My team was of 20 agents. I helped in their devepment within the company. Hardly part time work. Fun place to work. Typical day at work.
Pros
The upper Managerment kept on changing.
Cons
Breaks, Healthcare
Do not do it
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 10, 2018
This place is so poorly managed that I cannot understand how it has not sunk already. They are only concerned with their numbers and couldn’t care less about their employees. They require mandatory OT and sometimes require working 6 days. The compensation is definitely not worth the type of skilled work you are expected to do. You take hundreds of calls a day and sometimes do not even have 2 seconds between calls. Management is shady, they will make you sign a paper from a client stating that you understand policy, but then immediately tell you that following that policy will result in coaching. Please trust me... don’t waste 2 minutes working here.
December 26, 2018

Sufficient Pay
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 9, 2018
Easy job if yo have extensive customer service experience. Company had numerous technical issues with the computer system. Extremely poor management, frequent displays of favoritism and very little team work.
Pros
Affordable Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Wouldnt wish this abuse on anyone
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVDecember 4, 2018
Worst place ive ever worked they lie and mislead you the from interview through training. Then when you hit production threaten you telling you, you must lie to customers and get sales or your fired. Also the managment scream at you and allow other employees to threaten your life ***literally*** and nothing is ever done. Coaches spit on employees and call you names all the time. Out of 21 in my training class 3 lasted. That should tell anyone all you need to know about this horrid company
December 26, 2018

Horrible Place with Horrible Working Conditions
Senior Technical Support Desktop Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNDecember 3, 2018
Due to their numerous non-disclosure agreements, I cannot talk about what I did there other than I fielded technical phone calls. Management did not care if you were sick, if your child was sick, if weather was absolutely terrible and you could not make it into the office. All of those things were a hit against your record, no matter what.

The had several instances of mandatory overtime, where if you called out that day it counted as two occurrences. There were no holidays off. Easter, work it. Thanksgiving, work it. Christmast, work it. They didn't care if you had the vacation time, they would deny it 90% of the time.

The call center was always very loud and it didn't help that we "
advisors" couldn't get up and move around; but, management would stand there and blather on loudly about totally un-work related stuff.

This company does not care about its employees, they only care about their bottom dollar and that YOU are working.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ibex. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight