IBMC College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
IBMC was a good place to work , enjoyed the interaction with all staff and faculty
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 10, 2018
A typical day at work was first thing was to check all server, and to trouble any issue with the computers or network.

I learned alot about the phone systems, how to maintain the database, how to create and maintain all user accounts both for active directory and email accounts,

how to connect network printers ,and copier machine setup.

The Management of the company always keep us informed , they were trustworthy and most important they were honest.

I was a great place to work, it was healthy place to work, and if there was any Issues the HR department handle the issue.

Hardest part of the job, was getting both the staff and faculty to report issue in a timely matter.

The positive interaction of staff, faculty and most important assistant students with any computer issue and resolving them in a timely matter.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
lack of overall benefits
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 8, 2018
I love working at IBMC I sought out the position. I have been excited to be here for every class I teach. This is a place where everyone is happy to be.
Pros
Sharing experiences with students
Fun and Productive
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 10, 2017
As a work study I was able to see a lot more than other students. I was taught how to assist students in completing the FAFSA. I also assisted at the front desk so I was able to build better relationships with my fellow students. I never was treated to feel like I didn't belong and I truly enjoyed my fellow coworkers.
Careful
Employee (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 6, 2017
Need to be careful do management wanting to micro manage everything. No support to staff and staff on hand was always looking to spread rumors to save their jobs.
Great place to work with great people
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 31, 2017
I was a work study, temporary job while I was in school. I really enjoyed working here and am ready to spread my wings as soon as I finish school and graduate.
September 5, 2017

Dear Work Study Student,

We're glad you took the time to share your experience of working at IBMC's Longmont campus. Work study can provide great opportunities for students, and we always encourage them to take advantage of it. We wish you well as you transition into your chosen career, and we appreciate the work you've done for our college!

Team IBMC College

Good people, but lacks job stability!
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 25, 2017
Was hired by former Campus Director as a Day Porter with guarantee of advancement potential when position became available.

Unfortunately despite much applause from students, staff, and corporate management, and "Employee Of The Quarter" awards, job became stale since no advancement options became available.

Although fellow employees, staff, Owner, and Corporate Management are some of the finest people you will meet, the possibility of coming to work and finding that you have been Corporate Downsized is ever prevalent at IBMC College is why I could not recommend IBMC College as a great place to work!
Pros
Potlucks, positive employees, family atmosphere
Cons
No insurance, no job security
August 31, 2017

Dear former Day Porter,

We appreciate your compliments toward the college's staff, faculty and everyone who has come together to make IBMC a great school to work for, and attend as a student. We would also like to thank you for your dedicated work as member of the IBMC family.

As you know, we value all of our employees greatly, so situations like this are difficult to for everyone to approach. With the closing of our Cheyenne campus, there was bound to be some amount of disappointment and grief among students, staff and faculty. It's hard to lose a position that one values greatly, and we thoroughly sympathize with everyone who will be leaving the college because of the closure.

The decision to close the campus was a difficult one, but it was a necessary action to ensure the longevity and stability of the college as a whole. IBMC has served the Cheyenne region and brought change to numerous lives in the previous decade, and we continue to pledge our commitment to serving the Cheyenne community. Through career-placement in the region and by assisting students who are willing to commute to northern Colorado, our mission is not done in Cheyenne.

Still, we understand your frustration as an employee who has been adversely effected by the closure. We sincerely apologize for the circumstances of your leaving the college. Please contact our HR department at hr@ibmc.edu if you have any further questions or concerns. We wish you the best of luck.

Full time student
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 16, 2017
Full time student training for a new career. Instructors and faculty are knowledgeable, classes are conveniently scheduled and are focused on my new career goals.
Pros
Close, convenient and career focused
Cons
Student loan debt
June 19, 2017

Dear Student,

It's good to hear that you're enjoying your time at IBMC College. We agree, our instructors are great, and we're also glad that you've had an easy time with your class schedule. Good luck with your new career!

Team IBMC College

Great people and management!
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 23, 2017
IBMC is a great place to work. Upper level management is always open to new ideas. The owners of IBMC are involved in running the school and are very open and caring. It feels like a family. I have worked for many companies over the years and IBMC is one the best. They treat you like a person not a number. This school helps struggling adults learn a real trade and get back on their feet and or gain the education they need to maintain a solid job. This is a great place with great people. I would like to thank IBMC for giving a place to grow professionally.
Pros
Flexible schedule, open door policy, friendly enviroment
Cons
Need better coffee lol
June 19, 2017

Dear Massage Therapist,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you feel happy and comfortable at IBMC College, and we're glad to have you as a part of our family!

Team IBMC College

Relaxed pace, with knowledable staff to work with
Work Study Worker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2017
On a typical day after my classes are over, I usually cover the phones during lunch break and then help out the staff mostly with clerical and other typical college staff requests.
managment
Student Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 15, 2017
I loved my boss that i worked for at this company, he was very understanding and and supported my work ethics, helped me learn alot about the school i worked for
Pros
managment
benefits
August 31, 2017

Dear former Student Account Representative,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience working at the IBMC Greeley campus. It's good to hear that you felt supported by management in your position. We try to help all of our employees in any way we can, so it's no surprise that you were able to learn a lot and feel supported during your time with the college. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Time, management, friendliness
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 5, 2017
My typical work day would start by getting my cleaning supplies gathered and then would just go room to room, emptying the trash and cleaning up. Then I would move onto the area for the instructors.
I would only work for 3 hours Monday-Thursday, and then 8 hours on Friday. I loved having a work at your own pace job.

Dear Student Day Porter,

Thank you for the time and attention you provide to our campus facilities. We are grateful for your hard work.

IBMC College

A training instatute.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 31, 2017
Great teachers, very approachable with any problems or concerns I had. When phlebotomy training came, I knew this was the reason I joined the medical field and wanted to be proficient in it. After receiving great evaluations of technique from volunteers, teachers and fellow students of skills learned, I was assured I wanted to be a phlebotomist.
Pros
Help when needed and open to all questions.
Cons
Spanish translation class.
February 21, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and wish you the very in your future career endeavors!

Caring people, fun environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 20, 2017
I love working here. The instructors are friendly and willing to do what is necessary to help the students reach their goals. The staff and management love what they do. It is an excellent place to be.
Pros
Great people

Dear Current Employee,

Thank you for taking the time to rate IBMC College. Our staff and instructors are incredibly passionate about helping our students and providing optimal training.

Keep up the great work at the Cheyenne Campus location!

IBMC College

IBMC College changes lives and helps people
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Fort CollinsJanuary 3, 2017
Time and time again I have witnessed the compassion, hard work, overall integrity and dedication of IBMC's staff and faculty. The people here really love what they do.

This company does a lot of good in the community and equips students with important skill-sets employers look for, so important for our economy.

Personally, at IBMC, I am not just an employee. I am like family. Management is incredibly understanding when life throws curve-balls. They are receptive to new ideas and making IBMC a great place to be. Mission accomplished!
Pros
Management, training opportunities, team work, the convenient locations and the benefits.

Dear Employee,

Your feedback is incredibly valuable! Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience with IBMC College. We are all caring individuals...changing lives.

IBMC College Staff

Don't waste your time!
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 28, 2016
Horrible enviornment to work in. There is NO communication within employees and upper management does not stick up for their instructors. Students are allowed to take control of their education and dictate what the instructors should teach and verbally abuse them in the process. They are just concerned about student enrollment rates and using other students to sell out enrollments. The faculty manager is horrible and the career services department does nothing to help students with externships. Also, one of the instructors has a criminal history.
Pros
Cons
everything

Dear Former Adjunct Employee,

We are sorry to hear you felt this way. We have made great strides to improve internal communication. From Monday Morning Huddles to CAPS News to monthly internal memos, these outreaches have been beneficial to a variety of employees this last year.

Additionally, individuals must meet certain requirements to enroll at IBMC College. Most students have went through The Right Fit process, which helps them identify their goals, skill-sets and determines if our programs are a good match or not.

We ask that you please reach out to HR@ibmc.edu to further clarify your concerns regarding our hiring process and employees.

Could be so much better
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 17, 2016
Not a well run facility. Training for instructors very limited. Information was not communicated between upper management to middle management then to instructors. Unfair practices in place, cronyism, nepotism, all very strongly used by the upper management. Pay is very low considering the number of hours worked outside of the classroom. If you take a job here remember to NEVER speak your mind about anything. Your suggestions and opinions DO NOT matter and are NOT valued. Unfortunate for the students that are trying to get a quality education and go out into the job market. Would NOT recommend employment here if you want to try and make a difference in peoples lives, or you have a personal commitment to helping others help themselves. The co workers were awesome, and were in the same boat. Overall the daily environment was very good. The students were the absolute best!! I learned that what is expected of you is not always going to be communicated to you, and that the ego of people in management always wins.
Pros
Interaction with students
Cons
poorly run

Dear Adjunct Instructor,

You are correct. We do employee people who loves their jobs and enjoy helping people.

We are sorry for the distress you felt while employed. Our upper management respects and cares about the opinions and well-being of all employees. We ask that you please reach out to HR@ibmc.edu to discuss the situations mentioned in your review.

A place with heart
Campus President (Current Employee) –  Longmont and Colorado Springs, COJune 23, 2016
IBMC College really does walk the talk, everyday. It truly is a company of Caring Individuals, Changing lives - making decisions based on what is best for the student.
December 27, 2016

We are so happy you chose to work at IBMC College. Thank you for making a positive difference in the lives of our students and in the lives of your current colleagues each day.

Great place to work!
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 27, 2016
IBMC treats their employees like family. They do not have high turnover. Most people who get a job there, stay there forever. Good sign in looking for the right company. Locally owned and operated. They always do what is right by the student. Putting the student first is the reason they have done well in the local communities they serve.
Pros
Great location, great culture, great branding and marketing department.
Cons
Communication. It's their biggest area of opportunity.

Dear Admissions Representative Staff Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We pride ourselves on offering a great work and learning environment for staff and students alike. Being a locally and family owned college, we know our students by name and offer small class sizes. We are not accountable to big corporations or stock holders. You can see and feel the difference when you enter into our building. We appreciate your caring heart and the way you assist individuals in finding the best path for themselves during the Admissions and tailored Right Fit processes.

Enjoy what I do...
Lead Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 3, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others and being challenged to do better everyday. I would recommend this to anyone seeking higher education as a Career.
Pros
off weekends
Cons
high budgets

Dear Admissions Representative Staff Member,

Helping others is a wonderful benefit to working at IBMC College. You are absolutely correct. In as little as 6-19 months, in most cases, students have the ability to transform their lives and enter into a new and exciting career. Budgets are devised based on historical data and a multitude of factors. We will take your feedback into consideration as we begin budgeting for the New Year.

Great place to work.
Regional Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 4, 2016
IBMC College is a fantastic place to work as they believe in taking care of both the students and employees. They are very ethical and provide an excellent educational experience for the students. I traveled over five campuses and would spend one day a week at each location supporting the sales teams. I had great coworkers and strong interaction with the management team. The hardest part of this position was traveling approximately 800 miles per week for campus visits. The most enjoyable part of the position was interacting with my teammates every day.
Pros
Great placement and student experience.
Cons
Smaller organization.
December 27, 2016

Thank you for your service to IBMC College. Your feedback is very much appreciated, as well as the leadership and guidance you provided to our Admissions Team. We wish you all the best in your future career ventures!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBMC College. Our community is ready to answer.