IC Mechanical

Working at IC Mechanical: 16 Reviews

United States16 reviews

Great Place to be a part of

I have worked for IC Mechanical for just over 6 years. I started out in the Service department and have since moved to the accounting department. I thoroughly enjoy the work I do and the people I work with. I have had many jobs in my life and this is the first place that I truly feel like I fit in and I belong. I am hopeful that I will stick around for as long as they will have me. Being a female in a male dominated industry can be intimating but I mostly feel empowered.

Pros

Working from home during Covid to stay safe

Safe environment

After retiring from Essilor of America in 2008 I enjoyed a couple years off before getting bored. Enter IC Mechanical, a company that did a lot of our HVAC work before the facility closed. I was asked to help them develop a strong safety program. In the now over 8 years that I have been with them part time they really have been serious about having a safety program that truly protects their most valuable asset, their employees. They invested heavily in developing a program, training everyone, providing the needed protective equipment and working with their customers to provide the highest level of safety. I am still there now tweaking the program and improving their procedures and training. During the pandemic shutdown they kept everyone on board and provided on line training in all areas. I am proud to say that I am part of ICM.

Pros

Flexible schedule, part time

Cons

None as far as I am concerned

IC Mechanical insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Great place to work.

IC Mechanical has been a great experience for me. Job processes are streamlined and a great team to work with. Management continuely works to help employees meet or exceed production expectations.

Mechanical HVAC and Engineering Work Opportunities

Every day presents new opportunities and challenges which keeps daily work fresh and interesting. Management is attentive to the needs of all employees, creating a family atmosphere showing they care about individual as well as company success. For me, the most enjoyable part of working with IC Mechanical is being able to work with our clients to identify HVAC issues/opportunities, develop proposed solutions through design and ultimately implement successfully.

Pros

Friendly work atmosphere, experienced team of employees to meet needs of customers

Cons

Not aware of any

Taking Time to get it right

First off, IC Mechanical pays higher than most employers in the Tampa area !! THANK YOU!!!!Second, although we are in a very fast paced and ever changing market, IC takes every step to “GET IT RIGHT”, from project management, to quality of work, to leadership in the fireld. Although at times quantity of work changes as our customers needs change, the owner of IC is always focused on quality work over quantity, this makes our jobs more rewarding at the end of the day. IC mechanical is a good company to work for, they do their best to make sure every employee is treated fair and equally, even if that does sometimes mean that some employees don’t always get everything they ask for. When it comes to training, every employee has the same opportunities for training, we have in house classes, school for VFD’s, schooling for Mitsubishi VRF, and others as well. IC has always been willing to provide any of us additional training should we provide them with the information to sign up for the classes. IC is a fast growing company with a ton of potential and I’m glad to be a part of what makes it great!

Pros

Great pay, close knit group, work culture, training.

Cons

Construction projects

Great Place to Work

Open to change, new ideas, work place culture is solid. We are a growing company and evolving. Leadership is embracing new ideas to better serve the customer and take care of the employees.It is enjoyable to come to work every day and contribute towards the growth and success of the company.

Pros

Adapts to new and improved suggestions

must want to work hard.

Awesome company to work for.Strong management with a good atmosphere !Great pay and benefits / vacation time/ bonuses.Annual parties and three month cook outs.If you work hard, here you will be rewarded.

Pros

Good environment. And you can learn a new trade.

Cons

Can not really think of any !

Dynamic and growing work environment, full of support and feeling valued~

I have been working here for almost four years now, and I am so grateful that I was hired. First, I want to make it clear that there is only one sole owner of the company. The leadership team here (all with construction or managerial background) is amazing, and has drastically changed for the complete better since the VP of Operations has joined. Leadership is constantly bringing in the best of the best team members and evaluating the necessary changes for us to grow and succeed. ICM works hard to create a truly diverse and inclusive work environment. Employees are truly empowered, respected and supported. We are all comfortable bringing our true selves to the table. We have a fast-paced environment and things change daily, but that is the fun part of the awesome construction workflow life. We get things done!!!!!! AMAZING team work, staff full of expertise and knowledge!!! ICM will provide you with all the necessary tools you need to succeed at your job. Training opportunities available ~ you have to be go for what you want in life! The company truly pays attention to personal growth and development. I have fallen in love with the construction industry and have changed my career path to better meet with my goals here at ICM. Sometimes you have to showcase your skills and qualities, and then hard work will pay off. I have went from a part-time employee to a full-time employee in a small role, into a potential higher role, due to working hard and being receptive to feedback. There is always improvements to be made at any company and things you may not like or agree -

Pros

401K matching, health care benefits, flexible schedule, holiday party, bonuses, paid time off, laid back culture. AND MORE!

No Growth for service techs

Let’s start with it’s a Father, daughter, son owned company with the children having no experience in the trade. Next, the Service field supervisor thinks he’s god gift to hvac and is never wrong. Which makes solving an issue difficult with tech’s. Hvac is a technology driven trade now and requires constant continuing education which IC don’t provide or send you to training. So for a technician who wants to grow in skills set and/or within this company this is not the place for you.

Pros

The dispatcher is the best thing about this company

Cons

Management, Ownership, waiting forever on PO’s, cost of healthcare

October 27, 2020
IC Mechanical has one sole owner. The owner's son has over 10 years of experience in the trade. The owner's daughter manages overall operations with a focus on HR (no trade experience necessary to be successful in role). The Service Field Supervisor has an extreme amount of knowledge and is always willing to teach and pass along his knowledge to our technicians. IC Mechanical provides every opportunity for additional training and even conducts in house training sessions.

Good place to work. Field manager needs instruction manual

IC Mechanical was a good company to work for. There is no chain of command, only the field manager to contact for anything. Due to this, there was a lack of communication.

Pros

Most field personnel good to work with

Cons

No chain of command

"New Admittees Beware!"

The turnover rates is very High "Deceptive, Unethical, Poorly Managed, No Sense of Direction" I am the 4th Estimator to get fired in 3 years. it felt like i was in highschool

October 27, 2020
IC Mechanical's turnover rate is actually quite low. Employees are fired for cause as was the case in this incidence.

One of the best place to work within Tampa BAy

As a former employee that decided to explore another offer. I would work for the Vice President again at any time without hesitation. The compensation and benefits are among the best in the area. The people and staff there are very professional along with being very enjoyable to work with. I would recommend anyone to work for the company and regret ever leaving. Great Company!!!!!!

Family owned and operated with teamwork culture!

Very team oriented workplace. Many key players (leadership) have been with the company for 10+ years. Family dynamic is strong and teamwork is embedded in culture. Management is receptive and actionable to feedback from field employees to office personnel.

Enjoyable fast-paced position with growing company

I enjoy coming to work everyday. My co-workers are professional and friendly and we all work together as a team. Very fast-paced work load, easy to keep busy, accomplish a great deal of work each week, which is satisfying. The building is fairly new and well-kept with ample free parking. The company is financially sound, been in business for 24 years, and is growing. The management team has many years of experience in the construction industry which results in wise decisions. They are not afraid to try new things and be innovative, but tracks progress closely to make course corrections when necessary. You are made to feel very special on your birthday. Quarterly BBQ luncheon get-togethers. Company-sponsored industry networking events after hours. Incredible Company Christmas Party!! The future here looks great!

Pros

Management that is always willing to listen. Financially sound. Fun culture. Great future.

Cons

Minimum holidays, Pto.

Company had had several Service Manager they fired

Service Manager was an excellent SM. Upper management decided to bring in a lower paid inexperienced person (friend of family and fired the SM. Father , daughter , son owners did not treat employees with respect. Did not pay travel time.

October 27, 2020
IC Mechanical has a travel time policy which is outlined in the employee handbook. IC Mechanical has never hired a friend of the family for the Service Manager position, nor have we fired several SM. We have the utmost respect for our employees.

Under qualified Office / General Manager

Company was vibrant and growing, my key manager was a family member of the owner, brought in under difficult conditions but lacked managerial skills. I enjoyed my other managerial counterparts.

Pros

Determined

Cons

Mean, didn't utilize staff effectively

Common questions about IC Mechanical

Answered by current and former employees at IC Mechanical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IC Mechanical. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits