IC System, Inc. Employee Reviews

Awesome job culture
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 24, 2018
Even being in the field that we're in, the environment I was in made it a lot easier. Coworkers are very helpful, and the managers are always there for you. It really felt like a family that actually cared for each other. The pay was competitive as it did help pay for my schooling without having to work my life away. The job itself was to make inbound and outbound calls to collect debts from past-due accounts. It wasn't the most exciting job, but the incentives definitely made it more worthwhile. I had an overall good experience, and would work for them again if I could.
Pros
incentives, competitive pay
ic system
CONSUMER FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNJanuary 17, 2019
i have worked there going on 7 years, that being said the chances for advancement aren't what they used to be nor is the bonuses we used to get. i'm lucky to hit goal and bring home a bonus with the structure they have set up for bonuses now its almost impossible. that being said, the managers are your best friends but i need a manager not a friend. if your "IN" then you get the perks, catch my drift?
If you looked high school this is a place for you.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIOctober 30, 2018
There is drama. Look out for some of the female supervisors, they are not trust worthy. If they dont like you, you get fired. Matt, the guy who trys running the place.. has no clue what hes doing. He never smiles, and walks around likes hes a cop paroling the streets. You are underpaid.
Stay away
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 19, 2018
It started off good training was either you pass the test or you’re fired. The management does not communicate and it is very clicky like high school in the workplace . I wouldn’t recommend working here.
Pros
They have Boca Chica every other week and some what flexibility if you’re on the right team.
Cons
Everything else
Competitive
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNDecember 9, 2018
I was a debt collector for medical bills, there was commission involved so yes it did get a little bit competitive but I did great at competitiveness.
A Company that holds truth to their CORE VALUES.
Consumer Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNJune 8, 2018
IC System is truly a company that holds truth to their core values. They pride themselves in treating their client and consumers with dignity and respect even in escalating situations. Although highly-expected to help consumers with each inbound and outbound call, you'll often find peers doing what's right even if it means upsetting the consumer. It was an honor to have succeed in their company while it lasted.
Pros
flexible schedule monday-friday, one night to 8PM. healthcare and 401k benefits
Cons
it is hard mentally and emotionally on bad days as a debt collector
Productive and fun workplace.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNJuly 24, 2018
This employer may be the best company I've ever worked for. Although the opportunity for growth wasn't as open as I would have liked, the company cared. It seemed as though the culture of the company was based on two things; integrity and dignity.
Pros
Family oriented and close-knit.
Cons
PTO plan.
The people at IC
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJanuary 21, 2019
I love IC's schedule flexibility, and reward programs the best. But the truly "worth working here" aspect of the job are the people. All of the people are kind, caring, generous, and understanding. You couldnt ask for better co workers. I promise.
Pros
People, relationships flexability.
Cons
The hourly pay kinda sucks.
Fast paced competitive environment
Consumer Financial Representative, IC System (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIDecember 6, 2018
Great opportunity to make money. If you show up on time and put in the effort to move up in the team stats you have the potential to make some serious money.
Plenty of accounts to work on
a lead within 9 months (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2018
Over all it was a solid was work. There were plenty of accounts and departments to work. I collected on accounts for Dell Financial Services. So primarily I worked on accounts that were businesses, as oppose to personal accounts. That was more so what I was looking for and prefer.
Don't do it!
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WINovember 2, 2017
This place is an awful place to work. It's extremely competitive, and not in a good way. In a "I'm going to stab your back as soon as you turn around" way. They claim to have a thorough training program which is half true. The two weeks of training on the laws and regulations are wonderful, however it does not prepare you for real life calls. Those you get thrown into and a manager might come listen to a couple calls and that's it. Then you only hear from them when you've screwed up. There are way too many people to answer to. It feels like office space and the management definitely plays favorites. If you aren't one of the chosen ones good luck.
Pros
Flex scheduling
Cons
Pretty much everything
easy call center job
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNJune 11, 2018
Easy job in a call center doing collections, some of the managers are great some are so-so, people at the job are friendly but competitive. monthly commission is nice if you stay focused you'll be able to get one.
Pros
they feed you once or twice a month
IC is a great call-center environment in the financial services industry
Consumer Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIFebruary 2, 2018
IC System has great management staff at all levels who care about their employees. The dynamic atmosphere is a positive one with diverse teams working together to pursuing common goals. This is a great place to work if you are looking for a position in a call-center environment in the financial services industry. Three week training that prepares you to hit the call floor running.
Pros
Employee engagement and fun events are held regularly throughout the year.
decent place.
Debt Collection Rep (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJuly 24, 2018
I found the job to be quite stimulating. The one negative was the fact that we were trying to get outstanding bills paid. Needless to say talking with me or one of my co-workers wasn't people favorite part of the day.
Pros
Days went fast.
Cons
Angry customers.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN 55126November 17, 2017
Paid training for 2 weeks, test was really easy and the instructor was excellent always repeating so that we would memorize answers. Once on the floor your department is very welcoming and helping. They strive you to do your absolute BEST. I've had some amazing supervisors and I would totally recommend this job to anybody. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that it was bi-weekly pay and that we had to work 2 nights and 2 mornings along with 2 weekends a month. I do think the pay could've been a little better. I was originally working at St Paul Mn but had to recently move so I basically transferred over to the Onalaska Wi office but in doing so they said my pay would cut down.
Pros
comfortable environment, good management, flex schedule and a break every 2 hours!
Cons
Bi-weekly pay and low wages
Competitive and outgoing !
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNJuly 30, 2018
Making calls to consumers regarding past due balances. Competive commission plans and a great company to work for if you can get past the stressful calls!
Pros
Commission
Cons
Stressful
It is a lot like high school--except that you get paid, and it is poor pay.
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 6, 2017
Corporate culture is juvenile at best, they have insanely ridiculous contests all the time for "charity." The pay sucks and they require you to work one evening a week--even if you have kids and need to be home to pick them up and tell them, ahead of your hiring offer, that this is NOT NEGOTIABLE, they will eventually screw you over. Then they let you sit there, arguing with you in front of co-workers in their own cubicles, trying to make calls to collect money.

In short? Unless you're an inveterate gossip who cannot wait to do that at work" My advice is to keep looking for work elsewhere.
Pros
casual dresscode
Cons
inflexible for working parents, gossipy atmosphere.
Poor management and communication
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNFebruary 27, 2018
Pros- Pay is fair. Schedules are flexible. Chill work environment.
Cons- Management lacks leadership and are not serious about their jobs. They don’t communicate with you in a trusting manner. Gossip everyday. The nature of the job is not for everyone.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 18, 2018
Taking inbound and outbound call over 120 calls a day or more. Floor support and taking payments and setting up payment. Sending and replying to email.
Great
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIOctober 31, 2017
This is such a great place to work. Hours are flexible to fit your personal life. Sick days can be made up at times that work for you. The wage is ok but the opportunity to earn bonuses is great. In one years I averaged $400 per month is bonus pay.

The management is great. Friendly and understanding. They frequently o had competitions and games to make the work more fun. The staff is great to work with too.

Overall this was a great experience for me. I would have never left except I relocated too far to drive.
Pros
Happy place to work. Bonuses.
Cons
Okay pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IC System, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.