IC System, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stay away
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 19, 2018
It started off good training was either you pass the test or you’re fired. The management does not communicate and it is very clicky like high school in the workplace . I wouldn’t recommend working here.
Pros
They have Boca Chica every other week and some what flexibility if you’re on the right team.
Cons
Everything else
A Company that holds truth to their CORE VALUES.
Consumer Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNJune 8, 2018
IC System is truly a company that holds truth to their core values. They pride themselves in treating their client and consumers with dignity and respect even in escalating situations. Although highly-expected to help consumers with each inbound and outbound call, you'll often find peers doing what's right even if it means upsetting the consumer. It was an honor to have succeed in their company while it lasted.
Pros
flexible schedule monday-friday, one night to 8PM. healthcare and 401k benefits
Cons
it is hard mentally and emotionally on bad days as a debt collector
If you work there, you're "that guy"
Professional Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 25, 2018
Working in collections turned me into a person I didn't want to be. The company had some shady clients. That's probably why they are no long in business...
Pros
Can't think of any...
Cons
You're a debt collector...
Nice place to work,
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 10, 2018
IC System is a great place to work. the employees are real close like a family. Team building is always a priority. Employees feel valued and rewarded.
Pros
Incentive plans.
ok
Customer Service Representative - Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 8, 2018
its ok if you need a job, flexible schedule that allows you to change schedule to fit needs at home which can be very helpful if you have kids or a family
Great employee morale
Consumer Financial Rep (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMay 7, 2018
Lots of incentives to keep things fun. Employees take inbound and outbound calls to consumers with delinquent accounts in collections with a goal of resolution.
ok place to work
Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 17, 2018
not a bad place to work. not very much room to advance. Best to keep to ones self, work enviorment can be very highschoolish. Not a bad place to work for a college student, wouldn't make it a carrer though.
Pros
Flexibale hours, hours can be made up if missed
Cons
stressful enviorment
Relaxed collections... Good for new collectors
Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNMarch 24, 2018
Good place to learn collections. Family owned. Flexible schedule. Work two nights a week. Deal with unhappy people on phone. Great incentives to collectors.
Pros
Incentives. Family owned.
Cons
Unhappy people on the phone
Poor management and communication
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNFebruary 27, 2018
Pros- Pay is fair. Schedules are flexible. Chill work environment.
Cons- Management lacks leadership and are not serious about their jobs. They don’t communicate with you in a trusting manner. Gossip everyday. The nature of the job is not for everyone.
Fun working environment
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNFebruary 12, 2018
Fun and friendly environment , flexibility was great and bonuses/commission was ok. Pay not all that good. Sometimes you get angry consumers but it comes with the job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Paid people different for doing the same job reguardless of experience and took away overtime.
IC is a great call-center environment in the financial services industry
Consumer Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIFebruary 2, 2018
IC System has great management staff at all levels who care about their employees. The dynamic atmosphere is a positive one with diverse teams working together to pursuing common goals. This is a great place to work if you are looking for a position in a call-center environment in the financial services industry. Three week training that prepares you to hit the call floor running.
Pros
Employee engagement and fun events are held regularly throughout the year.
Dont work here warning
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNJanuary 19, 2018
Its an ok job / company but the management just make a bad job 1000% worst and horrible unprofessional Don't worst your time. Yea you can get pretty good bonuses every month. but its not worth it DO NOT WORK HERE
Fun place to work, incentives, supportive management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNDecember 10, 2017
Management is amazing. Very supportive & understanding. Everyone treats each other like family. The team helps each other. Free donuts every Friday. Free breakfast for working on Saturdays.
Pros
Great pay, commission
Cons
Short breaks
People!
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIDecember 6, 2017
The company itself is absolutely great to work for but the job is stressful. You are collecting debts for clients who themselves have terrible customer service departments and do not deliver on what they promise so we are the ones who get the brunt end of it. My supervisor is amazing and our team leads are so helpful. But the job is terrible and if you miss hours without making them up, they take 25% of the bonus YOU EARN.
Pros
Great managment, very understanding
Cons
Consumers and clients
Exciting and fun place to work and the owners really appreciate there employees.
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 3, 2017
At IC System the instructor are great and want each employee to excel. I have nothing but great things to say about I C Systems.
What I do appreciate is the owners open door policy and how the participate with each employee. I loved the fax that they care and will listen.
Pros
Free donuts on Friday and great food during the summer
Cons
We all care about each other...
Lacks Communication - Onalaska
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WINovember 23, 2017
Ic System starts out as a great places to work but after 6 or more months it changes. The Operation manager consistently changes rules and doesn’t tell employees until after the fact so they get screwed over. Some supervisors are completely worthless and never get off their butts. Employees are very click either your in or your out.
Pros
Create your own work schedule
Cons
Communication
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN 55126November 17, 2017
Paid training for 2 weeks, test was really easy and the instructor was excellent always repeating so that we would memorize answers. Once on the floor your department is very welcoming and helping. They strive you to do your absolute BEST. I've had some amazing supervisors and I would totally recommend this job to anybody. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that it was bi-weekly pay and that we had to work 2 nights and 2 mornings along with 2 weekends a month. I do think the pay could've been a little better. I was originally working at St Paul Mn but had to recently move so I basically transferred over to the Onalaska Wi office but in doing so they said my pay would cut down.
Pros
comfortable environment, good management, flex schedule and a break every 2 hours!
Cons
Bi-weekly pay and low wages
It is a lot like high school--except that you get paid, and it is poor pay.
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 6, 2017
Corporate culture is juvenile at best, they have insanely ridiculous contests all the time for "charity." The pay sucks and they require you to work one evening a week--even if you have kids and need to be home to pick them up and tell them, ahead of your hiring offer, that this is NOT NEGOTIABLE, they will eventually screw you over. Then they let you sit there, arguing with you in front of co-workers in their own cubicles, trying to make calls to collect money.

In short? Unless you're an inveterate gossip who cannot wait to do that at work" My advice is to keep looking for work elsewhere.
Pros
casual dresscode
Cons
inflexible for working parents, gossipy atmosphere.
Don't do it!
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WINovember 2, 2017
This place is an awful place to work. It's extremely competitive, and not in a good way. In a "I'm going to stab your back as soon as you turn around" way. They claim to have a thorough training program which is half true. The two weeks of training on the laws and regulations are wonderful, however it does not prepare you for real life calls. Those you get thrown into and a manager might come listen to a couple calls and that's it. Then you only hear from them when you've screwed up. There are way too many people to answer to. It feels like office space and the management definitely plays favorites. If you aren't one of the chosen ones good luck.
Pros
Flex scheduling
Cons
Pretty much everything
Great
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIOctober 31, 2017
This is such a great place to work. Hours are flexible to fit your personal life. Sick days can be made up at times that work for you. The wage is ok but the opportunity to earn bonuses is great. In one years I averaged $400 per month is bonus pay.

The management is great. Friendly and understanding. They frequently o had competitions and games to make the work more fun. The staff is great to work with too.

Overall this was a great experience for me. I would have never left except I relocated too far to drive.
Pros
Happy place to work. Bonuses.
Cons
Okay pay.