iCare Health Network Employee Reviews

Featured review
iCare Health Network selected this as a representative review
Forward thinking and exciting
Clinical Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJune 13, 2019
ICare is without a doubt the most innovative healthcare company I've worked in. They manage to care for a challenging demographic, while maintaining a high quality of care. We are constantly expanding our capabilities, which makes the company perpetually exciting to work for. Management has always treated me very well, and been very accommodating. Workplace culture is happy, stigma free, and gives you the feeling that staff really care about these residents.
Busy, Diverse, Cultural
Recreation Director (Current Employee) –  hartford, ctJune 26, 2019
I started working for iCare when I was 16 years old starting as a dietary aide, 11 yrs later transferred into the Recreation Department at another one of their buildings, to then becoming a Department Head. There is room for growth with the company if you have the determination. I have grown & learned so much when it comes to handling behaviors, personalities, time management, budgets, staff relations & still learning as the company is also growing!
All three buildings I have worked in are very diverse with staff & residents. Some residents can be challenging with behaviors but its a great experience for learning.
One aspect I really admire is how the company has seasonal events to bring the buildings together at the corporate office with some of the staff & residents to meet & greet each other!
talented and dedicated people
Director of patient Enrichment.Physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 25, 2019
It is wonderful to work with such a talented team of creative and insightful people on every level. There are many opportunities to contribute and be a champion as well as be supported on a daily basis.
I have learned many things that have help me grow, improve my effectiveness and my job satisfaction
It is important to come to work everyday with a positive attitude and do everything we can to take excellent care of our residents, patients and families. We are a important part of our community and it is wonderful to work with people who are willing to contribute in so many way.
Pros
many talented and dedicated people
Cons
none that I would not expect when working the current healthcare system, not company specific
Great work environment with helpful co-workers
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 25, 2019
From my experience working with Icare for the past 7 years, I have learned valuable skills which has helped me better work alongside with other healthcare professionals. Icare provides unique and quality person-centered care for the residents. Icare provides great opportunities and support for career advancements for the staff. Overall it is a place that offers work-life balance and I would recommend to future healthcare professionals.
Caring work enviornment
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 25, 2019
I have been an employee with this company since the beginning and have watched it grown into a positive and professional company that only looks out for the best in their staff and residents.
Pros
Friendly working enviornment
Cons
Nothing I can think of at this time
Awesome company to work for
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 24, 2019
I've worked for several nursing home companies in CT and iCare is, by far, the best. The corporate management team is incredibly friendly and very supportive. They are always available to assist at the facility level with whatever is needed. I feel appreciated and inspired to do my best work possible.
Pros
Management is friendly, supportive, helpful
enjoyable place to work
nurse (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 21, 2019
The staff and management are friendly and helpful. The team here work well together and the residents are well taken care of. Family members say they are comfortable with the care their loved ones are getting.
Good people with commitment to good care
Liaison (Current Employee) –  corporate officeJune 21, 2019
The company looks toward the future and how best to bring good care to those it serves, with its many specialties meeting the needs of a diverse population and doing so with respect. When one needs support it is offered and provided. With such a broad array of skills in leadership positions there is a great opportunity to learn.
Pros
The people I work with, both in and out of the buildings
Resident and Staff Activities
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, CTJune 20, 2019
My day is fast paced consisting of scheduling resident doctor appointments, resident transportation to and from their doctor appointments, resident banking, resident trust, facility petty cash, account payable invoices and telephone customer service. Daily administrative work for several departments. Assisting residents and visitors.

I have been here for many years and have always enjoyed the atmosphere and my coworkers. There is a great sense of camaraderie between everyone. We work as a team and know that we are here for our residents in their home.

The hardest part of my job is when a resident passes. The most enjoyable part of my job is our residents.
A stressful but rewarding job
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 13, 2019
I enjoy working at I Care. The resident population is sometimes difficult to work with but the staff is great. Our facility is well managed and we receive training monthly. It is a challenging, fast paced job.
icare review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 13, 2019
I have been working for ICare, will be 3 years in September and I can say it is a great place to work. Working in management, especially in one building has given me a lot of experience to work with. Learning wise, you do grow a lot and it is a place to grow your career. It has also given be a schedule to work with, considering I have a little one and situations arises. They work with my hours and are very flexible.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to build a career!
Pros
flexibility
There is no place I'd rather work
Care Transitions (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 13, 2019
I started with iCare almost 2 years ago and was very reluctant to leave my current job at that time. It was the best decision I ever made. The management team is calm, understanding, fair and their knowledge and leadership is top notch! I love a job where I am paid to learn and encouraged to advance in my skills.
Critical medical issues/behavioral patients there are mostly noncompliant.
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 14, 2018
I have to say as a professional that has been trained in dealing with this population, that 70% of the staff does not understand the Mission Statement of iCare. The non licensed staff relies more on their union rights than they do in caring for the patients. That results in a lot of insubordination towards management and a lack in the quality of care that the patients receive. It is a very difficult building to manage, however, it has granted me a great opportunity to learn.
Pros
The ability to be a good nurse where one is needed
Cons
A difficult population that is relentless
Positive Environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 4, 2017
I worked at a variety of facilities and always found a positive attitude at every location. The management was always appreciative of my efforts. The staff that I worked with were very professional.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
low salary
Terrible place to work.
Nursing (Former Employee) –  CTJune 22, 2016
Management is unfair to employees. Health benefits are exceedingly expensive and not good coverage. Salary compensation is well below industry standards. Many staff have extremely poor attitudes and work ethic. Management does not hold staff accountable. So glad I left this company.
Pros
Cons
Terrible culture, benefits and pay
Terrible place to work
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CTApril 22, 2016
Upper management doesn't care about the patients, much less the staff. It's all about making money for the company, which doesn't trickle down to employees. Salary and benefits are awful, unless your in the union. The management and any non Union staff have to pay an enormous amount for health insurance, time off is poor, no incentives or perks. No company contributions to retirement. Rigid and antiquated policies. Run, don't walk from this company. No one is trustworthy, I've never work with this lack of professionalism before.
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
very busy job,love it
Scheduler Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 29, 2014
Always busy, good job, love my co workers, using the vortex system to blast out open shifts
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healtcare
Temporary position
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 4, 2013
this was a temporary position and I did what I was hired to do and the people that I worked for used me to the fullest of their ability.
Receptionist
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 30, 2013
My main responsibilities were to make sure that the office was supplied with the proper equipment and to make sure that the manuals were up to code for the state. I was responsible for making sure that meetings were set and that people were on time with submitting their information.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iCare Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2