iCare Health Network

iCare Health Network Employee Reviews

United States25 reviews
Featured review
iCare Health Network selected this as a representative review
I started working for iCare when I was 16 years old starting as a dietary aide, 11 yrs later transferred into the Recreation Department at another one of their buildings, to then becoming a Department Head. There is room for growth with the company if you have the determination. I have grown & learned so much when it comes to handling behaviors, personalities, time management, budgets, staff relations & still learning as the company is also growing!
All three buildings I have worked in are very diverse with staff & residents. Some residents can be challenging with behaviors but its a great experience for learning.

One aspect I really admire is how the company has seasonal events to bring the buildings together at the corporate office with some of the staff & residents to meet & greet each other!
People was very understanding . My clients was very respectful , I loved everyone I worked with , I learned so much , I pray I keep people happy and blessad
Pros
It help me learn paients
Cons
I hated being called off
Working with Icare has opened me to nursing a younger group of patients. Sometimes difficult but achievable, they always bring out the patience in me. They are lovely and bond with staff, especially when they see that you take the time to listen to them. The members of staff can be challenging at times, but dealing with them in understanding and listening to them, even if there is no immediate solution has been a key for me. Management is management, I believe they are always able to strike a balance in a sense of judgment in situations. The hardest part of the job is the Union business that senior officers have to deal with and dealing with members of staff that are taking advantage of the union benefits and union safety arms. It is a nice feeling to know that people count on you as responsible and have a sense of duty. The offense will always come because we are individuals with different backgrounds and personalities but how we handle the differences is what makes the building a happy place.
I work on the homecare side and it’s as if no one in management understand patient care . We take care of human beings . That takes a certain understanding. I would not recommend.
Official response from iCare Health Network
March 9, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review iCare Health Network. We take your concern and comments seriously and I would encourage you to express your detailed concerns directly to your Supervisor or Manager so we can have an opportunity to address it. Patient care should always be at the center of what we do.
Pleasure to work at iCare. Employees are encouraged to provide excellent resident care as well as a culture of great customer service. Flexible with scheduling.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
smooth transition for shift change, skilled nursing (i.e., tracheostomy care), friendly management and supervisors, productive and patient centralized care
Pros
holiday lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Please be beware that all the positive comments are provided by their staff using fake accounts. Ask any worker here that this place is horrific. My family works there and I also experienced how bad this place is, management is all about money and doesn’t value the staff. The state will shut this place down if they knew how bad this place is! Every positive comment is literally management making false advertisement!
Official response from iCare Health Network
September 18, 2019
100% of Employee Reviews on this page (except this one) has been done by a current or former employee through a verified account with Indeed and have stated their current or former roles within the company. We encourage prospective employees to "ask any worker here" about their experience with IHN, as noted in this review. That is the best way to learn whether we are the right employer for you.
It is wonderful to work with such a talented team of creative and insightful people on every level. There are many opportunities to contribute and be a champion as well as be supported on a daily basis.
I have learned many things that have help me grow, improve my effectiveness and my job satisfaction

It is important to come to work everyday with a positive attitude and do everything we can to take excellent care of our residents, patients and families. We are a important part of our community and it is wonderful to work with people who are willing to contribute in so many way.
Pros
many talented and dedicated people
Cons
none that I would not expect when working the current healthcare system, not company specific
From my experience working with Icare for the past 7 years, I have learned valuable skills which has helped me better work alongside with other healthcare professionals. Icare provides unique and quality person-centered care for the residents. Icare provides great opportunities and support for career advancements for the staff. Overall it is a place that offers work-life balance and I would recommend to future healthcare professionals.
I have been an employee with this company since the beginning and have watched it grown into a positive and professional company that only looks out for the best in their staff and residents.
Pros
Friendly working enviornment
Cons
Nothing I can think of at this time
I've worked for several nursing home companies in CT and iCare is, by far, the best. The corporate management team is incredibly friendly and very supportive. They are always available to assist at the facility level with whatever is needed. I feel appreciated and inspired to do my best work possible.
Pros
Management is friendly, supportive, helpful
The staff and management are friendly and helpful. The team here work well together and the residents are well taken care of. Family members say they are comfortable with the care their loved ones are getting.
The company looks toward the future and how best to bring good care to those it serves, with its many specialties meeting the needs of a diverse population and doing so with respect. When one needs support it is offered and provided. With such a broad array of skills in leadership positions there is a great opportunity to learn.
Pros
The people I work with, both in and out of the buildings
My day is fast paced consisting of scheduling resident doctor appointments, resident transportation to and from their doctor appointments, resident banking, resident trust, facility petty cash, account payable invoices and telephone customer service. Daily administrative work for several departments. Assisting residents and visitors.

I have been here for many years and have always enjoyed the atmosphere and my coworkers. There is a great sense of camaraderie between everyone. We work as a team and know that we are here for our residents in their home.

The hardest part of my job is when a resident passes. The most enjoyable part of my job is our residents.
I enjoy working at I Care. The resident population is sometimes difficult to work with but the staff is great. Our facility is well managed and we receive training monthly. It is a challenging, fast paced job.
I have been working for ICare, will be 3 years in September and I can say it is a great place to work. Working in management, especially in one building has given me a lot of experience to work with. Learning wise, you do grow a lot and it is a place to grow your career. It has also given be a schedule to work with, considering I have a little one and situations arises. They work with my hours and are very flexible.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to build a career!
Pros
flexibility
I started with iCare almost 2 years ago and was very reluctant to leave my current job at that time. It was the best decision I ever made. The management team is calm, understanding, fair and their knowledge and leadership is top notch! I love a job where I am paid to learn and encouraged to advance in my skills.
ICare is without a doubt the most innovative healthcare company I've worked in. They manage to care for a challenging demographic, while maintaining a high quality of care. We are constantly expanding our capabilities, which makes the company perpetually exciting to work for. Management has always treated me very well, and been very accommodating. Workplace culture is happy, stigma free, and gives you the feeling that staff really care about these residents.
I have to say as a professional that has been trained in dealing with this population, that 70% of the staff does not understand the Mission Statement of iCare. The non licensed staff relies more on their union rights than they do in caring for the patients. That results in a lot of insubordination towards management and a lack in the quality of care that the patients receive. It is a very difficult building to manage, however, it has granted me a great opportunity to learn.
Pros
The ability to be a good nurse where one is needed
Cons
A difficult population that is relentless
I worked at a variety of facilities and always found a positive attitude at every location. The management was always appreciative of my efforts. The staff that I worked with were very professional.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
low salary
Management is unfair to employees. Health benefits are exceedingly expensive and not good coverage. Salary compensation is well below industry standards. Many staff have extremely poor attitudes and work ethic. Management does not hold staff accountable. So glad I left this company.
Pros
Cons
Terrible culture, benefits and pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at iCare Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.