iCare Health Network

iCare Health Network Employee Reviews

United States71 reviews

residentfacilitycarestaffpatientteamyearfamily

For profit nursing home

Typical nursing home. Union is strong. Some workers care and some don’t. Union employees are paid well. Non union employees rarely get raises. Lots of turnover in management staff.

March 21, 2022
Thank you for the review. We would clarify that non-union staff almost universally receive commensurate pay increases with each new collective bargaining agreement. iCare also has some of the longest longevity among management staff in the industry with administrators averaging 8-9 years.

A few fun staff

A handful of good team players. Company lacks communication and cares 0 for their staff, very little effort made to genuinely show they appreciate staff.

Pros

Paid lunch, 1199 Union

Cons

Never has supplies, poor staffing turn around

iCare Health Network insights

• Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Management no good

As long as you working and nothing goes wrong in your life it's great. But the moment you hurt yourself or life happens they throw you away quickly! They play the favoritism thing.

Pros

Lots of work available

Cons

They will throw you away without hesitation

They don’t pay enough

You work hard for a small amount of money no raise in two years it’s not worth the pay working there it’s bad don’t work here !! Good thing is medical coverage everything esle is trash

March 21, 2022
Thank you for the review. As noted elsewhere, there are pay changes that accompany the collective bargaining agreement (union contract) meaning the unionized staff receive contracted raises which are then extended to virtually all non-union staff. There has not been a two years block without increases.

Very stressful and people are rude

Over works you and the pay is nothing!! The staff is rude, they don't take care of the residence as they should or there employees!! I wouldn't recommend working there! Just very rude people that doesn't care how much you do!

Pros

Cons

Overworked

Easygoing

Very easygoing. Union is great. Easy to get the job and hard to leave once you’re working there. Working with people who feel like family. Growth opportunities and benefits are great as well.

Fun

Best place to work. I have no issues here. It’s the best employer I have ever had. I really hope to retire with this company

Pros

Pay. PTO. Holidays off

Cons

Bloomfield location fine, organization meh

I never had an issue with the Bloomfield location as I only worked there per diem but the bullying at the Meriden location was awful...very toxic work environment with no support from upper management.

Lovely

People was very understanding . My clients was very respectful , I loved everyone I worked with , I learned so much , I pray I keep people happy and blessad

Pros

It help me learn paients

Cons

I hated being called off

Fun to work with my residents

Working with Icare has opened me to nursing a younger group of patients. Sometimes difficult but achievable, they always bring out the patience in me. They are lovely and bond with staff, especially when they see that you take the time to listen to them. The members of staff can be challenging at times, but dealing with them in understanding and listening to them, even if there is no immediate solution has been a key for me. Management is management, I believe they are always able to strike a balance in a sense of judgment in situations. The hardest part of the job is the Union business that senior officers have to deal with and dealing with members of staff that are taking advantage of the union benefits and union safety arms. It is a nice feeling to know that people count on you as responsible and have a sense of duty. The offense will always come because we are individuals with different backgrounds and personalities but how we handle the differences is what makes the building a happy place.

Don’t

I work on the homecare side and it’s as if no one in management understand patient care . We take care of human beings . That takes a certain understanding. I would not recommend.

March 9, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review iCare Health Network. We take your concern and comments seriously and I would encourage you to express your detailed concerns directly to your Supervisor or Manager so we can have an opportunity to address it. Patient care should always be at the center of what we do.

Challenging

Because it's unionized based, it equals job security and career advancement. Benefits and pay are good. Diversity amongst patients and staff. Expect a heavy work load in REHAB/RECOVERY/SNF. Some nurses and majority of CNA's need to go. Very disrespectful, effortless, and have nasty attitudes. They make the hard workers and the facility look bad.

Great Company

Pleasure to work at iCare. Employees are encouraged to provide excellent resident care as well as a culture of great customer service. Flexible with scheduling.

Recreation department are always keep our residents active

The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of residents and to see how running programs daily makes them very happy. Coming to work very day to see how much the resident looks forward to us making their day.

The best!

I worked in this community several years ago. This was one of my greatest work experiences. The community embraces their employees. They support a common mission. This is evident by their continued growth in the community and over-all 5 star rating. I am so proud to have had this experience and to have had the opportunity to work with a great group, many whom are still there.

September 9, 2021
Our hope based on the description is that this was intended to be a five star review all around!

Excellent for college students

This was a good place to work from your HEART. Undesirable clients with drug problems...occasional roaches and mice. Excellent 1199 Benefits. $5000.00 per.semester for school after one year of per diem employment. Time and a half pay after 8 hours! This job helped me provide for my family for years. Unfortunately, if you advance from aide to nurse, ICARE doesn't hire you.

I am happy to work with the company

Great team work. The Nursing department and all of the departments are really great. The DNS, assistant DNS and supervisor are amazing. It is union facility!

Oppressive atmosphere, demoralizing.

Your voice is not heard & staffing is an issue. That is how I would describe this place. It is a transitional location - one cannot remain here too long.

productive, patient centralized care

smooth transition for shift change, skilled nursing (i.e., tracheostomy care), friendly management and supervisors, productive and patient centralized care

Pros

holiday lunches

Cons

not enough hours

Beware

Please be beware that all the positive comments are provided by their staff using fake accounts. Ask any worker here that this place is horrific. My family works there and I also experienced how bad this place is, management is all about money and doesn’t value the staff. The state will shut this place down if they knew how bad this place is! Every positive comment is literally management making false advertisement!

September 18, 2019
100% of Employee Reviews on this page (except this one) has been done by a current or former employee through a verified account with Indeed and have stated their current or former roles within the company. We encourage prospective employees to "ask any worker here" about their experience with IHN, as noted in this review. That is the best way to learn whether we are the right employer for you.

Just a terrible atmosphere

It’s very stressful working at Chelsea Place especially when you’re new. You have to earn the right to stick up for yourself and to gain respect. People just walk all over you. There is not a lot of communication between staff and managers. The residents are difficult but that’s the job and that’s what you sign on for. It’s the staff that are difficult especially the managers. And I’m a manager myself so I can say that.

Common questions about iCare Health Network

Answered by current and former employees at iCare Health Network

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iCare Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits