iCare Health Network Employee Reviews in Hartford, CT

Featured review
iCare Health Network selected this as a representative review
Busy, Diverse, Cultural
Recreation Director (Current Employee) –  hartford, ctJune 26, 2019
I started working for iCare when I was 16 years old starting as a dietary aide, 11 yrs later transferred into the Recreation Department at another one of their buildings, to then becoming a Department Head. There is room for growth with the company if you have the determination. I have grown & learned so much when it comes to handling behaviors, personalities, time management, budgets, staff relations & still learning as the company is also growing!
All three buildings I have worked in are very diverse with staff & residents. Some residents can be challenging with behaviors but its a great experience for learning.
One aspect I really admire is how the company has seasonal events to bring the buildings together at the corporate office with some of the staff & residents to meet & greet each other!
A stressful but rewarding job
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 13, 2019
I enjoy working at I Care. The resident population is sometimes difficult to work with but the staff is great. Our facility is well managed and we receive training monthly. It is a challenging, fast paced job.
icare review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 13, 2019
I have been working for ICare, will be 3 years in September and I can say it is a great place to work. Working in management, especially in one building has given me a lot of experience to work with. Learning wise, you do grow a lot and it is a place to grow your career. It has also given be a schedule to work with, considering I have a little one and situations arises. They work with my hours and are very flexible.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to build a career!
Pros
flexibility
Critical medical issues/behavioral patients there are mostly noncompliant.
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 14, 2018
I have to say as a professional that has been trained in dealing with this population, that 70% of the staff does not understand the Mission Statement of iCare. The non licensed staff relies more on their union rights than they do in caring for the patients. That results in a lot of insubordination towards management and a lack in the quality of care that the patients receive. It is a very difficult building to manage, however, it has granted me a great opportunity to learn.
Pros
The ability to be a good nurse where one is needed
Cons
A difficult population that is relentless