iCare Health Network Employee Reviews for Nursing Supervisor

Featured review
iCare Health Network selected this as a representative review
Busy, Diverse, Cultural
Recreation Director (Current Employee) –  hartford, ctJune 26, 2019
I started working for iCare when I was 16 years old starting as a dietary aide, 11 yrs later transferred into the Recreation Department at another one of their buildings, to then becoming a Department Head. There is room for growth with the company if you have the determination. I have grown & learned so much when it comes to handling behaviors, personalities, time management, budgets, staff relations & still learning as the company is also growing!
All three buildings I have worked in are very diverse with staff & residents. Some residents can be challenging with behaviors but its a great experience for learning.
One aspect I really admire is how the company has seasonal events to bring the buildings together at the corporate office with some of the staff & residents to meet & greet each other!
Critical medical issues/behavioral patients there are mostly noncompliant.
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 14, 2018
I have to say as a professional that has been trained in dealing with this population, that 70% of the staff does not understand the Mission Statement of iCare. The non licensed staff relies more on their union rights than they do in caring for the patients. That results in a lot of insubordination towards management and a lack in the quality of care that the patients receive. It is a very difficult building to manage, however, it has granted me a great opportunity to learn.
Pros
The ability to be a good nurse where one is needed
Cons
A difficult population that is relentless
Terrible place to work
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CTApril 22, 2016
Upper management doesn't care about the patients, much less the staff. It's all about making money for the company, which doesn't trickle down to employees. Salary and benefits are awful, unless your in the union. The management and any non Union staff have to pay an enormous amount for health insurance, time off is poor, no incentives or perks. No company contributions to retirement. Rigid and antiquated policies. Run, don't walk from this company. No one is trustworthy, I've never work with this lack of professionalism before.
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!