iCare Health Network logo

iCare Health Network Employee Reviews for Nursing Supervisor

3.8Pay & Benefits

iCare Health Network insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Fun to work with my residents

Working with Icare has opened me to nursing a younger group of patients. Sometimes difficult but achievable, they always bring out the patience in me. They are lovely and bond with staff, especially when they see that you take the time to listen to them. The members of staff can be challenging at times, but dealing with them in understanding and listening to them, even if there is no immediate solution has been a key for me. Management is management, I believe they are always able to strike a balance in a sense of judgment in situations. The hardest part of the job is the Union business that senior officers have to deal with and dealing with members of staff that are taking advantage of the union benefits and union safety arms. It is a nice feeling to know that people count on you as responsible and have a sense of duty. The offense will always come because we are individuals with different backgrounds and personalities but how we handle the differences is what makes the building a happy place.

Critical medical issues/behavioral patients there are mostly noncompliant.

I have to say as a professional that has been trained in dealing with this population, that 70% of the staff does not understand the Mission Statement of iCare. The non licensed staff relies more on their union rights than they do in caring for the patients. That results in a lot of insubordination towards management and a lack in the quality of care that the patients receive. It is a very difficult building to manage, however, it has granted me a great opportunity to learn.

Pros

The ability to be a good nurse where one is needed

Cons

A difficult population that is relentless

Terrible place to work

Upper management doesn't care about the patients, much less the staff. It's all about making money for the company, which doesn't trickle down to employees. Salary and benefits are awful, unless your in the union. The management and any non Union staff have to pay an enormous amount for health insurance, time off is poor, no incentives or perks. No company contributions to retirement. Rigid and antiquated policies. Run, don't walk from this company. No one is trustworthy, I've never work with this lack of professionalism before.

Pros

None!

Cons

Everything!

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Jobs at iCare Health Network