Ice River Springs Employee Reviews

fun workplace with a ping pong table.
Operator (Current Employee) –  High Springs, FLJuly 25, 2018
the QA manager is a total female dog . she actually got caught banging the mainteance manager and they both still have a job. Management is absolutely horrible. they say safety is number one. but its all a lie. the only thing they care about is keeping everything a secret to corporate to make them look better. its sad that the qa manger gets off scott free with everything just because shes good at taking a male genitalia part in her female genitalia parts
Pros
days off
Cons
everything elese
Would not tell anyone about this company
Smi operator reset start (Current Employee) –  High Springs, FLMay 11, 2018
All about management stay home rob a bank don't work here I. High Springs gonna be nestle by end of summer would not recommend this to my worst enemy
Pros
When not there
Cons
Sucks unless up front for the benfits lol
Great place
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLMay 4, 2018
I am new at the company but so far everyone from production to corporate have been friendly, helpful and willing to do whatever you need to be successful. It is a smaller company then I am used to but that gives them the ability not to treat you like just another badge number. Like any company they have their good days and bad. treating everyone with respect, dignity and an open mind is top on the list as well as building the belief that peoples health and safety are equally important as quality and production numbers. If I could I would hire my whole family to work here.
Pros
Good, Honest and hard working folks
Cons
not the larger budgets I am used to
Clean and secure, plenty of OT thru the summer
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  OntarioApril 8, 2018
Its a busy place most of the time, good days and bad but if your willing to work and looking for a steady secure job then its for you. Clean and never boring.
Garbage
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  High Springs, FLMarch 2, 2018
Only work here if you have no other options. Training was nearly non-existent, fork lifts were grade F trash. Find something else, anything else. It sucked a big one.
Pros
It's over
Challenging, not for everyone but rewarding
Manager (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCJanuary 22, 2018
The work is fast pace and demanding no doubt, but if you’re eager and talented opportunities are plentiful. I have seen several people advance from entry level positions up the ranks into mid and upper management positions. Job security is an issue unless you’re a top performer and schedules require flexibility and commitment. The company is very lean and this causes people to balance multiple job responsibilities at once; however this gets people exposed to roles and responsibilities they otherwise wouldn’t have the chance to learn. Manufacturing is tough regardless of where you work and the company has to make a profit, it’s a business. Local Management cooks food for monthly plant meetings, recognizes accomplishments and encourages a family atmosphere. You get back what you put in; at least that has been my experience. (I am not related to anyone in management or ownership)
Pros
Opportunities, Base pay, Eco
Cons
Job security, Demanding, Very Lean
Challenging, not for everyone but rewarding
Manager (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCJanuary 22, 2018
The work is fast pace and demanding no doubt, but if you’re eager and talented opportunities are plentiful. I have seen several people advance from entry level positions up the ranks into mid and upper management positions. Job security is an issue unless you’re a top performer and schedules require flexibility and commitment. The company is very lean and this causes people to balance multiple job responsibilities at once; however this gets people exposed to roles and responsibilities they otherwise wouldn’t have the chance to learn. Manufacturing is tough regardless of where you work and the company has to make a profit, it’s a business. Local Management cooks food for monthly plant meetings, recognizes accomplishments and encourages a family atmosphere. You get back what you put in; at least that has been my experience over 10 years. (I am not related to anyone in upper management or ownership)
Pros
Opportunities, Good Pay, Family atmosphere
Cons
Constant high since of urgency stresses people out
no comment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  High Springs, FLJanuary 18, 2018
no comment, was taught if you have nothing nice to say ....say nothing...again nothing good to say about this company. Employees are not valued there
Worst job ever
Slave (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLSeptember 12, 2017
If I knew what I knew now I'd never applied!! Everybody is treated differently. No equality at all and very awful favoritism towards employees. You have no freedom and have to work 7 days a week no gratitude towards having a family or business outside of this mess called a job. Once you're hired there's no moving up in the company, you're stuck wherever you're put. Management has the worst attitude and always push employees away. You are one person doing a 3 man job. The turnovers are ridiculous!! The machines are old and breaks down daily and the company is to cheap to fix them but are billionaires!! This is the worst job and I wouldn't recommend this job to a dog
Pros
You're to tired to enjoy any if it was worth putting pros
Cons
Everything bout this job
Bad management
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  High Springs, FLSeptember 3, 2017
Very bad management and poor scheduling, and very poor equitment. No advancement if your not family. this is a dead end job. The company seem to be afraid to spend money to improve the plant.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
One of the Best Jobs I've had
Palletizer Operator, Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Kentland, INAugust 4, 2017
I worked as a forklift operator here. My job was to bring raw material to the production workers and move finished product to the warehouse and load trucks. This is a family oriented company with amiable management and coworkers.
Pros
free water
Cons
water is wet
Human being
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 27, 2017
Treat you as normal ppl that has to work but taking care family too.
Worst part benefits are not good at all more ppl with family.
Hourly pay sadly really bad but we the way the treat you recompense the payment.
id rather get unemployment
operator (Former Employee) –  high springs floridaJune 16, 2017
worked for this company for over 4 years. unless you are apart of the plant managers family. you will go no where with this job. worst place of employment i have ever been apart of. plant manager is one of the worst bosses i have ever worked for. place is ran like a prison and the manager makes you feel like its an honor to work for him. everyday i worked there i would always cry a little when i pulled into the parking lot and didnt see the place gulfed up in flames.
Pros
free work shirts
Cons
everything else
Not good
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLJune 6, 2017
Poor management and salary. Not a good place to work very remote locations. Not very safety orientated and poor leadership. There business plan is poor and they hate to spend money on repairs
Dont bother unless you are desperate
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAMay 22, 2017
training horrible

never know your work schedule until last minute

expected to do work not related to what you were hired for

management? unfair, not knowledgable

benefits look good on paper but try to strip you of them

no job security

fellow workers finger point to keep their job

machines always breaking down and fixed with a bandaid

basic supplies (paper towels, garbage bags, toilet paper, pens,gloves etc.) always in short supply

extremely hot in summer, cold in winter

everything is about going green (a nice way to say they are cheap)

raises? not great if you get one

always short on help (workers don't stay or last long)
Pros
always a job open
Cons
to many to list
Not unless there is no other choice
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  High Springs, FLApril 14, 2017
UPPER MANAGEMENT BITES!! That being said the Maintenance Manager was one of the best people I have ever worked with. Money was decent; checks did not bounce. Benefits expensive but good. All the overtime you could possibly want. Good hours. Equipment, especially forklifts, very poor. They were usually out of whatever part you needed so it had to be ordered. Upper management makes you feel as though they are doing you a favor by employing you. I do not recommend this job unless you have no where else to go.
Pros
Free water
Cons
About everything else
bottle water company
Krones Operator (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLMarch 24, 2017
I was a Krone operator that made sure that the labels and bottle were on each bottle of water. It was a great place to work for and it was like factory work.
Good company who care about enviroment and employees
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXJanuary 20, 2017
This company leased the property to which I was working and came in and improved the production and work ethic of the employees. They improved all aspects of the job. The downfall to the company was the issues with the company the building was being leased from had problems not foreseen when property was leased.
Pros
Great benefit program, cared about the employees
Cons
Had to close due to problems out of their control.
Forklift and warehouse
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 14, 2017
What is pay forklift and warehouse jobs they are hiring for shipping near my house. Shipping lead maybe it was called,,......,...................
Started as a great company but as they are growing they no longer care about their employees
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCJanuary 9, 2017
There is no job security left here. As they are growing, their values and culture are changing and not to benefit the employees. The employees are pushed to their limits - at times pushed to go over their allotted DOT hours in order to make the numbers look better. When I started I loved my job but by the time I left I could no longer enjoy going to work. I feel you should be able to trust your management team and that the people you report to would back you up but there is no trust or support. All management cares about is showing a profit no matter what they need to do to show it.
Pros
Can purchase cases of water at a very low cost
Cons
Can not trust management