ICF Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Depends on the Contract
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 16, 2018
Those who work FOR ICF proper probably have a different view. As a someone who works on the contract side of the business, I am an ICF employee, officially, but I work remotely and I receive few if any of the "perks" that are available inside the office. My job is insecure as the contract is insecure. I'm disposable and made to feel as such. I love my work and the work I do for the contract, but ICF plays into that in a very small way.
Overall good company to wrok
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2018
Over all good company to work. Very good culture and ethics. I love work flexibility. Career development training and encouragements.
Always support from team members
Great Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 27, 2018
If you can find a job that you want to work in, you should defiantly apply. the environment is good and dispute being a large company, the regular all hands make you aware of what is going on. However, the problem is that moving internally is hard because job postings are limited and often hard to find. But if you stay with your team there should be no problems.
Great place to work but limited opportunities for career advancement
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
I really like working at ICF. I have been with the company for about 8 years and had the opportunity to grow as a public health professional. Unfortunately, I feel as though my skills and abilities have far outgrown what is required for my daily responsibilities. I desire to grow as a public health professional and to be compensated based on my contributions to my place of work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Limited opportunities for career growth beyond the scope of contracts with clients
Great people / great environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
ICF has strong leadership and management, a wide range of groups and divisions, excellent growth opportunities, and a positive and creative work culture.
Focused and driven workplace
SEO Strategy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 19, 2018
The goal was to maximize efforts and minimize time waste. We rarely had meetings that did not result in actionable insights and the team being able to walk away to do productive work.
Review
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 14, 2018
Typical consulting company atmosphere. Management feels disconnected from the day to day. Lots of re-orgs lately, however the company continues to win important contracts.
Great way to learn customer skills
Outbound Survey Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJune 8, 2018
A typical working day here for me was clocking in and making calls to targeted communities to survey for government programs. I was able to speak to different people of multiple and diverse backgrounds. I was able to learn how help others understand the program. The management was helpful and adequately guiding. The hardest part of the job was avoiding to be biased while at the same time keeping the conversation flowing. The most enjoyable part was the flexibility of working hours and the encouragement each employee received.
Pros
Amazing events hosted by the company.
Cons
Not much time to learn when new material was introduced.
Great people but not great work culture
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
I have loved the people I work with here, but the for-profit mentality in a public health setting has made it more and more unpleasant to work here. At the same time, it feels like there is minimal opportunity for advancement unless you are willing to work overtime regularly. Healthcare benefits have been cut back a lot which is strange for a public health job; yet, maternity leave benefits have improved. Job training is definitely a must, especially for proposals and project management, but not every person is pulled in for the training which is odd. It would be helpful to have everyone trained to advance.
Friendly enviornment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 6, 2018
individual office room with very good view. every co-worker is very nice and friendly. I have learned a lot from there including prepare invoices and use Costpoint.
Great workplace
Data Manager / Statistician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
I enjoy working at ICF. I have been provided with great opportunities to grow as a professional. I would recommend ICF as an employer to any of my colleagues or associates.
Overall not a good place to work
Financial Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 6, 2018
This company was very disorganized and lacked training. It was a hostile work environment. I learned how not to get involved with work gossip. Management was not up to date with the current times. The hardest part of the job was the workload and not being trained properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the catering that was done during the holidays.
Pros
Cons
No breaks too many tasks to complete in one day. Disorganized
Professional
Housing Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 29, 2018
My immediate supervisor was the best. Her main interest was getting people back home and into their houses. This was a program to assist Hurricane Katrina victims. She always kept things honest, truthful and professional.
Pros
My immediate supervisor and co-workers.
Cons
Upper management eas unstable, we had about four.
ICF Review
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2018
The job responsibilities were very repetitive. Once logged into an auto dialer the responsibility of the agent was to overturn the respondents and rebut for an opportunity to take a 25 minute survey. As a supervisor the tasks were to be aware of what assignments each agent under supervision was tasked to. Also making sure protocol was met by giving the necessary hours available from agents scheduled towards what the client expected to be completed in each of the jobs needed for their research.
Pros
Hours flexibility, comfortable work environment
Cons
Job security and promotion
What I learned
Program Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 18, 2018
Attention to detail, running reports from COGNOS and COST POINT. Working with non financial people put in program management positions is difficult. Learned to be very patient.
Good place to enhance your professional skills
Senior Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 17, 2018
Free Starbucks in the morning is a great perk
Good place to enhance your professional skills
Staff works well together
Excessive workload
Management is focused on the bottom line
Benefits
Cons
Excessive workload creates burn out
Worst place to work in owings mills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OWINGS MILLS, MDMay 17, 2018
Horrible place to work,, management needed to be trained properly and trainingg would have ran smoothly.. The trainer was from silver spring area she was very boring and always running late, the managers were very disrespectful because of there position with no respect for employees.. They would have your monthly rweview done right on the floor in there lil cubicle where everyone on the floor can hear the horrible review they are giving you.. Everything always negative ..Yup the start off with a big class but only 1 or 2 stay
No Work/Life Balance
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 14, 2018
The work/life balance leaves much to the imagination. The benefits are mediocre and the work environment is not okay. There is little room for promotion. There is flexibility, depending on the project, but job security is lacking.
Aweful
None (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 11, 2018
Don't work here because you don't get any raises, advancements. No appreciation!!! May seem perfect, but this billion $ company is nothing but a joke!
Pros
Cons
Health care and no raises!
Learn new medical terms
Agent (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 9, 2018
What I learned from working at ICF was how to take calls and schedule callbacks in order to get the survey. I learned new medical terms in both English and Spanish, which will later help me in the future with my nursing career. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the great people there. In a friendly environment, I personally got alone with many there.