ICF Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2019
Consulting is fast paced and never ending. Pressure to sell more services to existing clients. Off site leadership. Lots of meetings. Expenses are reimbursed, so impacts your personal cash flow.
Yikes
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 19, 2019
absolute joke, terrible management and even worse are the clients. everyone is clueless and nothing is actually delivered. no development life cycles are accounted for and there is zero culture here for any sort of collaboration and team building. everyone works on an island basically. upper management refers to people below them as "resources", not as people or by name. SO, if you're looking to be treated as a "resource" instead of a human being then I guess this is the place for you!
Icf
PROJECT MANAGER AND LEAD BEHAVIORAL SCIENTIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2019
The company itself was excellent. They have almost European style HR policies. However, they are a consulting firm, and the clients they serve can be horrible.
great place of employment
Customer Service, Research Technician, Processor (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMarch 14, 2019
Leaders were very helpful when needed. Employees were able to have in put on certain projects as well.The pay was okay for the area i was living. Overall, ICF was an okay job.
Job is Boring but Staff is Nice
Survey Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMarch 13, 2019
I started as a temp and was hired on after 9 months. It's not a bad place to work if you don't mind having people cuss at you on the phone for calling them 3 times a day to do a 20-27min health survey, or insisting that you're a scam caller (we're not).

The co-workers are great honestly, I haven't met anyone here who wasn't friendly. I don't really know who the managers are? The upper office types come down sometimes, they seem fine. Supervisors and team leads are great, they're understanding and fun to work with!

It's not a hard job at all. It is the most boring job but sometimes you get people who will actually do a survey and are super nice, and it makes the shift go slightly less slowly. A typical day in the middle of the month will usually net me about 300-500 calls and maybe 5 people who will complete a survey.
You can kind of set your schedule? You can change your schedule hours or days every 90 days as long as it's approved, which makes it convenient for a second job.

You get 4 minutes of break time for every hour you work, and typically work 6 hours which means you'd get 24 minutes. Some work 4, you'd get 16, so forth. You can take those minutes whenever or however you'd like though! On longer days you get a 30 minute unpaid lunch, like on an 8-9 hour shift, plus the 4 minutes on every hour.

Just remember to leave voicemails, don't falsify information, and read verbatim (you will get tired of that word, I promise) and it'll be fine.
Pros
Flexible work hours, friendly staff, canteen
Cons
30 minute lunch, no cell phone usage in building, boring
Remote worker, supported by the home office
Medical Simulation (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 10, 2019
ICF is a worldwide company that supports those who are not near an office. Focused on serving the client or customer, ICF provides employees with the tools needed to excel.
Good and Bad
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 8, 2019
Most of the people are great, but management is lacking leadership skills and poor decision making. Good mixture of services the company provides for government and social programming.
Never Work Here!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMarch 4, 2019
I worked there for over a year and it was very stressful. Management was extremely bias and the pay was ridiculous. Training is a joke and not long enough. Expect you to,learn a program with little training.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and Management
No room for growth, very political
SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 3, 2019
Learned a ton but once management changed it went downhill quickly. Didn’t care about people just what they did. Took credit for work others did and did not hold themselves accountable for things they did wrong
awful place to work for
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 2, 2019
Terrible company to work for. The PM isn't about helping the employees. ICF is all about making the gov client happy and the client is wrong. The gov client doesn't give guidance . They set you up for failure
Pros
good pay
Cons
gov client is horrible to work for
Burnout
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 2, 2019
No work life balance, no sufficient pay. Lots of days with 12-14 hours work. Advancement in the company is not guaranteed. People worthy of promotions have not been promoted.
Professional Work Environment
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 28, 2019
The typical day would be going into the office to my work station. Work on project and processing data for an energy efficient program for the major utility companies. making phone calls and answering calls from the Hot Line.

I've learned about the energy efficiency and how some of the programs can help homeowners save money.

We were not allowed to stand in the hall ways to converse with our co-workers because it would be disruptive to the others.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be that I was allowed to work from home independently.
Pros
Lunches were always provided at Meetings
Cons
Not as friendly environment as I thought
Better Work Life Balance Needed
Senior Program Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2019
Management can remotely micromanage. They will try to low ball you. There has been staff working on the same project doing the same work and salaries vastly range from 50k - 80k.
Pros
Pay is decent
They Specialize in Nothing
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 16, 2019
I worked as a contractor for this company when I lived on the East Coast. It was a remote job. I was paid a low salary and did not received reimbursements for mileage or a company car. In fact, I had to use all of my personal equipment and office supplies to perform the scope of work.

ICF is a general contractor that has its hands in everything. Like Walmart, it specializes in nothing, particularly health. This job is associated with a million dollar contract, but it's likely that the person hired will be offered a low salary and expected to travel 50% of the time.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Low salary, extensive travel
Worst place ever
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 4, 2019
This is the worst company you could ever work for. They do not care about the employees at all. If you have to call out of work but have a doctors note, you will still receive an occurrence. They will give you an occurrence for everything, even if you use sick or paid time off. They only allow 2 people to be off at a time so most of the days you request off will be denied. The management is also horrible, all they do is talk about all of the employees and spread all of your personal business around the office. They push you like you are a robot. If you don't meet the goals they want you to meet they will write you up and stress you until you do meet the goal. They want you to meet all of these goals but do not tell you how to efficiently meet them. And the training you receive is also horrible, everything you learn in training is completely different from what you are actually supposed to do. If you don't have to work at ICF, don't.
Innovative company
Mail Room Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 8, 2019
Great company to work for. Benefits are great. The most enjoyable, part about working for ICF is the Holiday party. There really was no hard part about working for ICF,
Great place to work and great people to work with!
Program Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 8, 2019
I can honestly say that I like everyone that I work with at ICF and no one that I don't. With that being said, the best thing about working at ICF are the people. The company provides consulting services to a multitude of sectors ranging from government services, aviation, energy efficiency and more. Despite it's unique consulting position in the market, it still is a for-profit independent consulting company so we are expected to produce revenue for the company. The company truly values its employees and has provided various resources for professional growth, training and mentorship. The company is not as technical as other consulting companies but the different types of work they provide for their clients are very rewarding. Top management clearly understands this and have been working hard to position ICF for success by improving technical services, technology, and culture. A con of ICF doesn't lie in its people but instead the clients they are assigned to. Quite often, consulting services are not transaction but instead long-term. Depending on clients, ICF employees can sometimes be on the wrong end of the stick, but it takes a true professional consultant to herd in the cattle. There are a lot of opportunities for independence and can very much feel like I'm working for a small but powerful company.

The people I work with are all very smart people and I learn from them everyday. Each person brings something unique to the company and by embracing each other's strengths and helping each others' weaknesses has helped me become a leader within the organization. This company
  more... is right for anyone looking for a challenge, professional growth and working with truly intelligent and inspiring people.  less
Pros
People people and people.
Cons
Clients
Great place to work!
SENIOR DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
I worked at ICF pre-acquisition since 2004, then moved on to other opportunities in 2016. During my tenure with the company I was offered numerous opportunities to develop, grow, stretch, and explore new capabilities outside of my comfort zone. I believe these experiences helped me mature into the strong seasoned professional that I am today.
Pros
Supportive environment and culture
Cons
The federal contracting side of the business can be volatile due to government shutdowns.
Productive but not great place to work as used to.
Sr. Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 27, 2018
Over workload under staffs
Interrupted by management for meeting and unprofessional management by addressing conversation loudly on the hallway.
Hard to focus on the dead line with sharing the same office with other staffs.
Will never had enjoyable time till the day is end or management changed.
Being an On-call employee is not recommended
Environmental Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CADecember 1, 2018
It almost looks like a scam. Companies are "hiring" on-call employees, and pay them only when they have projects. This means that there is no monthly salary and no benefits. Still, being an employee means that you are not "unemployed" but you don't get paid. Nice and neat method for the companies - very bad for the "employee".

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICF. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss