ICF
64Average

ICF Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA174 reviews
Great Place
Very enjoyable. Great people to work with, though at times very frustrating but that is any job. Some people are very very smart and do not have any common sense which is hard to work with.
Great people, energetic work force, highly diverse
Worked on ENERGY STAR & other energy conservation projects at ICF. Opportunity for travel (at the time) was very good as well. Strong team environment. Again, this was circa 2004.
Benefits aren't good, no advancement
When I first started at the company over 10 years ago, the benefits we're good. In the past 2 years, the company decided to realign the entire salary and titling structure, which led to many demotions and employees excluded from any bonus pools. We used to be able to recognize our employees by giving them a spot bonus too, but that as well was taken away. Don't expect to get promoted or a bonus, unless you're at a vice president level. D

The company values upper management and profit more than the contributions of staff.
Motivated and fun workplace
Multileveled workplaces with focus on client management and delivering results. Focused on marketing and communications with top-notch product delivery and execution.
Okay to work here
The commute is great and job is okay, as no job is stable in this market. Working as a government contractor, you can feel siloed at the client site and not connected to the overall company.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
good experience but could be better
ICF was contracted for a long period but finaly the contract was suddenly canceled by government.

I just worked for 18 months, in a 2 year contract.

good experience in FEMA PA Program but to short
Pros
just 40 hours
Cons
short contract
So far so good..
Decent company. Pay is ok but could be better. Work/life balance is a plus. Management and client site could be better but also not the worse. Job culture is decent if you're on a good team.
There is no work-life balalnce
If management does not like you, you are done. No career advancement unless you get in with the right business group, unrealistic expectations, expected to work more hours to meet deadlines but not allowed to bill actual hours worked to client accounts. Benefits used to be great but they started acquiring smaller companies and cut benefits to all employees.
Productive and fun work environment
The office environment is welcoming and an open floor plan. I have learned a lot at this job. I have flexibility on my work hours and my remote work. I
Get hired, get stuck
Most of the intelligent, capable, forward-thinking people I met at this company left before I did for another, better job.
Power vacuums mean that managers are unwilling or unable to manage each other to set benchmarks, meaning that all projects come down to a crunch at the final deadline, often requiring overtime and weekend work.

And this is considered normal.

The Christmas party at the Smithsonian is cool though.
VERY Fast Paced Culture with No Work Life Balance
I really enjoyed the people I worked with, but the work life balance is almost nonexistent in Procurement; especially in Subcontracts. It's extremely fast paced and the workload/turnaround time is constant. I would bring work home and work on weekends as well as after my office hours. It seems to be the normal. Always work, work, work. A lot of people get burned out quickly and leave. I definitely felt burned out and am much happier after leaving. It is a great company to work for, just some departments workloads will get to a person.
Very impressive and challenging workplace
Managing tasks very impressive and challenging, particularly interacting with foreign country governments. But workplace culture was uncommon and changed over the time during the 20 years spent.
difficult place to work
Management did not present a good work environment and they do not value their employees. If you worked hard and tried to improve yourself position and pay you were told to look elsewhere. The work wasn't stressful but the team and overall company organization made it a very hard place to work.
Flexible
Flexible workplace. Professional environment. Benefits are not so good. Not much opportunity for advancement. Remote work possible as long as work is completed.
Entry Level position
Even though I have a master's degree and several years of work experience I feel very much as though I am being groomed to be an administrative assistant or secretary. A lot of the work is drudgery unless you enter the company with hard skills like data analysis abilities and even then you do a lot of copying and pasting, data entry and other admin tasks. I understand the concept of "paying dues" but it's incredibly frustrating and personally unrewarding work sometimes.

Opportunities to work on other projects rely entirely on the relationships that you make. Current manager micromanages everyone to the point that when I first joined the team, nearly every task lead warned me about her and told me not to take anything she says personally...I don't think that is a normal or healthy work environment.
Productive and a great place to learn the government contracting space
Mostly a good place to work. Great experience to learn the government
contracting business. If you are not working on a billable contract you are expendable.
Sweat shop, bullying and no accountability
Do not waste your time here. The financial system is beyond broken and no one is held accountable because no one knows how to use the system correctly. Everyone is afraid to make anything better out of fear of complaints that this is not how we do. Office bullies have free territory, even though there is an anti-bully policy. it is a sweatshop. I couldn't get people to apply to my positions because word is out and its true. Upper
management is unskilled and does a lot of lip service. The department I was in has people running a system upgrade and none of them have ever used the system. Their version of running the upgrade is to send out nasty emails telling people do their work. The consultants are running the upgrade and putting their spin on it because ICF people dont know what should be done. This upgrade is for a small piece of the company, they haven't started on corporate. I have been lied about, lied to,bullied and treated the worst by any place I have ever worked. If you complain, you get an target placed on your back. I came in happy and ready to help and am now in shock with what I have encountered. other departments are allowed to bully other departments, its just unbelievable!
It was okay
To many users that didn't respect IT or the equipment given. No over time and under paid. Plus side is that they give you free food and booze once a month every Thursday...
Pros
Free food an booze once a month every Thursday.
Cons
Under paid and under appreciated.
Yikes
absolute joke, terrible management and even worse are the clients. everyone is clueless and nothing is actually delivered. no development life cycles are accounted for and there is zero culture here for any sort of collaboration and team building. everyone works on an island basically. upper management refers to people below them as "resources", not as people or by name. SO, if you're looking to be treated as a "resource" instead of a human being then I guess this is the place for you!
Good and Bad
Most of the people are great, but management is lacking leadership skills and poor decision making. Good mixture of services the company provides for government and social programming.
No room for growth, very political
Learned a ton but once management changed it went downhill quickly. Didn’t care about people just what they did. Took credit for work others did and did not hold themselves accountable for things they did wrong
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICF. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.