ICF Employee Reviews

Innovative company
Mail Room Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 8, 2019
Great company to work for. Benefits are great. The most enjoyable, part about working for ICF is the Holiday party. There really was no hard part about working for ICF,
Great place to work and great people to work with!
Program Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 8, 2019
I can honestly say that I like everyone that I work with at ICF and no one that I don't. With that being said, the best thing about working at ICF are the people. The company provides consulting services to a multitude of sectors ranging from government services, aviation, energy efficiency and more. Despite it's unique consulting position in the market, it still is a for-profit independent consulting company so we are expected to produce revenue for the company. The company truly values its employees and has provided various resources for professional growth, training and mentorship. The company is not as technical as other consulting companies but the different types of work they provide for their clients are very rewarding. Top management clearly understands this and have been working hard to position ICF for success by improving technical services, technology, and culture. A con of ICF doesn't lie in its people but instead the clients they are assigned to. Quite often, consulting services are not transaction but instead long-term. Depending on clients, ICF employees can sometimes be on the wrong end of the stick, but it takes a true professional consultant to herd in the cattle. There are a lot of opportunities for independence and can very much feel like I'm working for a small but powerful company.

The people I work with are all very smart people and I learn from them everyday. Each person brings something unique to the company and by embracing each other's strengths and helping each others' weaknesses has helped me become a leader within the organization. This company
  more... is right for anyone looking for a challenge, professional growth and working with truly intelligent and inspiring people.  less
Pros
People people and people.
Cons
Clients
Great place to work!
SENIOR DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
I worked at ICF pre-acquisition since 2004, then moved on to other opportunities in 2016. During my tenure with the company I was offered numerous opportunities to develop, grow, stretch, and explore new capabilities outside of my comfort zone. I believe these experiences helped me mature into the strong seasoned professional that I am today.
Pros
Supportive environment and culture
Cons
The federal contracting side of the business can be volatile due to government shutdowns.
Productive but not great place to work as used to.
Sr. Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 27, 2018
Over workload under staffs
Interrupted by management for meeting and unprofessional management by addressing conversation loudly on the hallway.
Hard to focus on the dead line with sharing the same office with other staffs.
Will never had enjoyable time till the day is end or management changed.
Being an On-call employee is not recommended
Environmental Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CADecember 1, 2018
It almost looks like a scam. Companies are "hiring" on-call employees, and pay them only when they have projects. This means that there is no monthly salary and no benefits. Still, being an employee means that you are not "unemployed" but you don't get paid. Nice and neat method for the companies - very bad for the "employee".
Excellent
IT Specialist/Cloud Engineer (Snr. Associate) (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 27, 2018
All I know is that ICF is a great place to work. The people I work with are great and the environment provides sufficient opportunity for career challenge to keep you abreast of the latest trends in technology.
Typical Day
Data Entry Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 20, 2018
Typical day consists of extracting pertinent information from both active and inactive contracts.
Data entry of approximately 3,000 contracts from a SharePoint site to an internal contracts management system (Deltek).
Great Work Environment
Energy Ambassador Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 6, 2018
The work itself was enjoyable and makes you feel like you're making a difference and the team is absolutely phenomenal. Management is willing to work with you.
Great company with great benefits
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 6, 2018
Excellent company. By far the best company that I have worked for. I definitely recommend. Upper level management attempts to meet the needs of all employees.
Okay kind of a place but you might not stay longer
Sr. Manager/Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 4, 2018
You won't get any guidance or coaching from your Managers. You are on your own, period. There won't be any assistance on how to manage your client's expectations, how to handle their scope creep etc, but there will be an action, the moment when you bring any of those items to your accounts Manager.
Pros
few things like nominal pay and exposure to clients
Cons
bad management
Great office, lacked structured career path
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 30, 2018
ICF was a great place to work starting out of college. As with any large company, pay advancements are in percentages and not always up to market value for your skillsets.
Nice place to work
Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 30, 2018
Heart this company, but probably it's time for me to move on. I learned a lot from my coworkers. I love all the projects I have worked on. Ups and downs, almost 10 years now
Average work day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAOctober 27, 2018
I in the department for Child support. Call volume can range up to about 100 to 130 calls in queue. Everyday is not like that however. You don't receive any pay holidays or raises. It's not a bad environment to work honestly depending on management.
Cons
health benefits are to high for what's offered.
long hours for low pay
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYOctober 11, 2018
we picked packed and shipped sleep wear

I learned how to use equipment that later in my life helped me
the management was alright,the facility where I worked wasn't open long enough for me to know them too well
Pros
easy work
Cons
low pay
This is more a paper consulting company as vs technical
NIH Sr. Technology/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2018
I only work on one project and it was more politics than actual technical work. The job was promised to be a full time for 3 months, but management will not pay unless it was work assigned
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 27, 2018
ICF is a good company not very stressful. You are pushed to excel at your job however management does not always understand that quality maybe better than quantity
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Pay could be better
Icf
Subcontracts Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 25, 2018
ICF is great if you are a professional just starting your career and would like that fast pace heavy workload. They have an excellent work from home program and the work is rewarding.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 22, 2018
Loved the environment. Environment conscious. Great employee relationship. Great employee morale. Great company events. Good benefits and employee treats
Great leadership support
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 21, 2018
During my tenure at ICF I had great leadership support during some difficult times. This was valuable to me. I would encourage other companies to be incredibly available, supportive and attentive to their team members.
Soul crushing
Calling Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 17, 2018
There systems all auto dial the calls, though it displays this private information to the call rep. Each agent is expected to compete for the most completed surveys never mind that this is luck of the draw.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Non of the cutomer's like you, you WILL be cused out over the phones, manegment keeps quotes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICF. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss