ICF Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Energy Ambassador Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 6, 2018
The work itself was enjoyable and makes you feel like you're making a difference and the team is absolutely phenomenal. Management is willing to work with you.
Great company with great benefits
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 6, 2018
Excellent company. By far the best company that I have worked for. I definitely recommend. Upper level management attempts to meet the needs of all employees.
Okay kind of a place but you might not stay longer
Sr. Manager/Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 4, 2018
You won't get any guidance or coaching from your Managers. You are on your own, period. There won't be any assistance on how to manage your client's expectations, how to handle their scope creep etc, but there will be an action, the moment when you bring any of those items to your accounts Manager.
Pros
few things like nominal pay and exposure to clients
Cons
bad management
Great office, lacked structured career path
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 30, 2018
ICF was a great place to work starting out of college. As with any large company, pay advancements are in percentages and not always up to market value for your skillsets.
Nice place to work
Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 30, 2018
Heart this company, but probably it's time for me to move on. I learned a lot from my coworkers. I love all the projects I have worked on. Ups and downs, almost 10 years now
Average work day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAOctober 27, 2018
I in the department for Child support. Call volume can range up to about 100 to 130 calls in queue. Everyday is not like that however. You don't receive any pay holidays or raises. It's not a bad environment to work honestly depending on management.
Cons
health benefits are to high for what's offered.
long hours for low pay
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYOctober 11, 2018
we picked packed and shipped sleep wear

I learned how to use equipment that later in my life helped me
the management was alright,the facility where I worked wasn't open long enough for me to know them too well
Pros
easy work
Cons
low pay
This is more a paper consulting company as vs technical
NIH Sr. Technology/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2018
I only work on one project and it was more politics than actual technical work. The job was promised to be a full time for 3 months, but management will not pay unless it was work assigned
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 27, 2018
ICF is a good company not very stressful. You are pushed to excel at your job however management does not always understand that quality maybe better than quantity
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Pay could be better
Icf
Subcontracts Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 25, 2018
ICF is great if you are a professional just starting your career and would like that fast pace heavy workload. They have an excellent work from home program and the work is rewarding.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 22, 2018
Loved the environment. Environment conscious. Great employee relationship. Great employee morale. Great company events. Good benefits and employee treats
Great leadership support
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 21, 2018
During my tenure at ICF I had great leadership support during some difficult times. This was valuable to me. I would encourage other companies to be incredibly available, supportive and attentive to their team members.
Soul crushing
Calling Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 17, 2018
There systems all auto dial the calls, though it displays this private information to the call rep. Each agent is expected to compete for the most completed surveys never mind that this is luck of the draw.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Non of the cutomer's like you, you WILL be cused out over the phones, manegment keeps quotes
Its fine to work at ICF
Customer Acceptance Testing (CAT) Lead (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 9, 2018
Personally, I do not like the culture of ICF in terms of communication and how they treat every employees. The managements are not given proper respect to employees.
Just a paycheck
Research Technician, (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VA 24112September 6, 2018
Simply put, we have no leadership. The person in charge got his job through a buddy that was running the place. Neither of them were qualified for what they did. Neither took calls or processed rebates. Promotion is done on a buddy-buddy system, not on merit. We don't get raises, paid holidays, employee recognition, etc. We have had good employees leave and go to Wal Mart and get an increase in pay and our management wonders why they left. If you are not in the "clique", you are simply biding your time to firing.
Pros
Its a job
Great for earning experience
Wildlife Biologist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 4, 2018
The biologists and senior staff are excellent, but you must always keep in contact with them so they know you are available for work. Just like anywhere in this industry, certain periods during the year yield lulls in work availability, which is the only downside to this company and its natural resources department.
Educational and caring
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, KYAugust 27, 2018
Working at ICF was a great experience for me and it tought me how to take care and respect the elderly and I I learned to know about some of the elderly that I took care of.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Heavy lifting
A nice place to work
Field Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
When ICF acquired Macro International they focused attention away from some of the business lines. Local management was dismissed causing an employee exodus.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Remote management
Good Place
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Adelphi, MDAugust 1, 2018
Good place to work, just filling in words because indeed is forcing me. I'm just going to ramble about how indeed wants 150 characters and it's borderline a joke it does this to users.
Sample
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 30, 2018
Great company and program to work for. This was a great opportunity for me to learn and grow. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great carreer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICF. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ICF.

Powered by Comparably