ICF Employee Reviews

Soul crushing
Calling Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 17, 2018
There systems all auto dial the calls, though it displays this private information to the call rep. Each agent is expected to compete for the most completed surveys never mind that this is luck of the draw.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Non of the cutomer's like you, you WILL be cused out over the phones, manegment keeps quotes
Its fine to work at ICF
Customer Acceptance Testing (CAT) Lead (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 9, 2018
Personally, I do not like the culture of ICF in terms of communication and how they treat every employees. The managements are not given proper respect to employees.
Just a paycheck
Research Technician, (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VA 24112September 6, 2018
Simply put, we have no leadership. The person in charge got his job through a buddy that was running the place. Neither of them were qualified for what they did. Neither took calls or processed rebates. Promotion is done on a buddy-buddy system, not on merit. We don't get raises, paid holidays, employee recognition, etc. We have had good employees leave and go to Wal Mart and get an increase in pay and our management wonders why they left. If you are not in the "clique", you are simply biding your time to firing.
Pros
Its a job
Great for earning experience
Wildlife Biologist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 4, 2018
The biologists and senior staff are excellent, but you must always keep in contact with them so they know you are available for work. Just like anywhere in this industry, certain periods during the year yield lulls in work availability, which is the only downside to this company and its natural resources department.
Educational and caring
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, KYAugust 27, 2018
Working at ICF was a great experience for me and it tought me how to take care and respect the elderly and I I learned to know about some of the elderly that I took care of.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Heavy lifting
A nice place to work
Field Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
When ICF acquired Macro International they focused attention away from some of the business lines. Local management was dismissed causing an employee exodus.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Remote management
Good Place
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Adelphi, MDAugust 1, 2018
Good place to work, just filling in words because indeed is forcing me. I'm just going to ramble about how indeed wants 150 characters and it's borderline a joke it does this to users.
Sample
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 30, 2018
Great company and program to work for. This was a great opportunity for me to learn and grow. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great carreer
Depends on the Contract
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 16, 2018
Those who work FOR ICF proper probably have a different view. As a someone who works on the contract side of the business, I am an ICF employee, officially, but I work remotely and I receive few if any of the "perks" that are available inside the office. My job is insecure as the contract is insecure. I'm disposable and made to feel as such. I love my work and the work I do for the contract, but ICF plays into that in a very small way.
Overall good company to wrok
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2018
Over all good company to work. Very good culture and ethics. I love work flexibility. Career development training and encouragements.
Always support from team members
Great Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 27, 2018
If you can find a job that you want to work in, you should defiantly apply. the environment is good and dispute being a large company, the regular all hands make you aware of what is going on. However, the problem is that moving internally is hard because job postings are limited and often hard to find. But if you stay with your team there should be no problems.
Great place to work but limited opportunities for career advancement
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
I really like working at ICF. I have been with the company for about 8 years and had the opportunity to grow as a public health professional. Unfortunately, I feel as though my skills and abilities have far outgrown what is required for my daily responsibilities. I desire to grow as a public health professional and to be compensated based on my contributions to my place of work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Limited opportunities for career growth beyond the scope of contracts with clients
Great people / great environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
ICF has strong leadership and management, a wide range of groups and divisions, excellent growth opportunities, and a positive and creative work culture.
Focused and driven workplace
SEO Strategy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 19, 2018
The goal was to maximize efforts and minimize time waste. We rarely had meetings that did not result in actionable insights and the team being able to walk away to do productive work.
Review
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 14, 2018
Typical consulting company atmosphere. Management feels disconnected from the day to day. Lots of re-orgs lately, however the company continues to win important contracts.
Great way to learn customer skills
Outbound Survey Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJune 8, 2018
A typical working day here for me was clocking in and making calls to targeted communities to survey for government programs. I was able to speak to different people of multiple and diverse backgrounds. I was able to learn how help others understand the program. The management was helpful and adequately guiding. The hardest part of the job was avoiding to be biased while at the same time keeping the conversation flowing. The most enjoyable part was the flexibility of working hours and the encouragement each employee received.
Pros
Amazing events hosted by the company.
Cons
Not much time to learn when new material was introduced.
Great people but not great work culture
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
I have loved the people I work with here, but the for-profit mentality in a public health setting has made it more and more unpleasant to work here. At the same time, it feels like there is minimal opportunity for advancement unless you are willing to work overtime regularly. Healthcare benefits have been cut back a lot which is strange for a public health job; yet, maternity leave benefits have improved. Job training is definitely a must, especially for proposals and project management, but not every person is pulled in for the training which is odd. It would be helpful to have everyone trained to advance.
Friendly enviornment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 6, 2018
individual office room with very good view. every co-worker is very nice and friendly. I have learned a lot from there including prepare invoices and use Costpoint.
Great workplace
Data Manager / Statistician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
I enjoy working at ICF. I have been provided with great opportunities to grow as a professional. I would recommend ICF as an employer to any of my colleagues or associates.
Overall not a good place to work
Financial Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 6, 2018
This company was very disorganized and lacked training. It was a hostile work environment. I learned how not to get involved with work gossip. Management was not up to date with the current times. The hardest part of the job was the workload and not being trained properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the catering that was done during the holidays.
Pros
Cons
No breaks too many tasks to complete in one day. Disorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICF. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight