Icicle Seafoods, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hard work, bad management, room for advancement
Business Intern (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKJuly 25, 2018
Icicle Seafood's offers an opportunity to to make seasonal money and to travel. The management at Icicle is like at other companies, some good and some bad. I have had both good and bad experiences with management, although I have to say that in my experience the bad outweighs the good. Expect/hope to work long hours, because if you don't get the hours you will end up very bored.
Pros
Room and board provided
nice place
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  sorterJuly 6, 2018
lots of hours, management treats people right, very fast paced, have to have good skills, nice people to work with, small rooms, great food, lotsa to do during off hours
Pros
the food
Cons
hard work
Very exicting and fast based job
Fish Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 15, 2018
Operate conveyor belt systems to regulate the movement or flow of fish to head and gut machines. Discard incidental fish and fish that cannot be processed. Place the fish correctly into the slots of a moving conveyor feeding the head and gut machines.
Fish industry
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 29, 2018
The job was great and had no real issue besides being months at sea no privacy. Also I capped out at the company. So I lextvto come home to be with my family and go d a career job.
Cutthoat worker watching over you
Facilities Maintenance Technician and forklifts (Former Employee) –  Dillingham, AKMarch 3, 2018
Drama drama production manger not trust worthy . People do more blaming and finger pointing than work.alot of unskilled workers. Priorites all messed up out of wack
Loved Icicle. Learned alot from my time with this company.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKFebruary 21, 2018
Room for advancement if you have the drive and knowledge base. Good stepping stone for further work in the seafood industry. Healthcare is reasonable.
The work was , simple but difficult after long hours in cold weather conditions.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Seward, AKFebruary 20, 2018
In my time in Alaska I would wake up at 530 am to clock in at 6am then work that day until 12 am. through out the day i was given three 15 minute breaks and 2 45 min breaks for lunch and dinner. During my time here I also met people from different backgrounds and from all over the world ranging from Africa to New York.
Seafood Processor Assisted in boxing and moving fish from location to another /Load,Unloading Materials,parts and Products.
Exit freezer Putting Cartes out of the freezer. (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2018
Loaded/Unloading Material from freight Cartes and trucks manually and using hoist, conveyor and hand tools Prepared items for Shipping stamped, Stenciled and glued Identifying information and shipping onto Cartes and Containers , Trained and Managed people and Achieved Significant Improvements in their Productivity.
Pros
Free Lunches in Dinners breakers.
Cons
15mimes breaks if u smoke. In healthcare free
Fun and hard working
Cannery Worker (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJanuary 22, 2018
We work together and fun,because we team work
And sometimes we no more work,we just cleaning area or campus,or clean everywhere near the area..and we meeting about safety..
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Short break
Good seasonal job
Commercial Fisherman (Former Employee) –  Homer, AKJanuary 21, 2018
Depending on what job you have, you may be working a ton of hours. It's hard work and takes most your time. But the pay is good and If it's a good season you can make a lot of money.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Living on a boat for weeks
there is a ping pong table
Processor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2018
It's a good place to work, provides an opportunity to save money and meet new people. Forget the kids and the wife and go hang out in Alaska for a while.
Personally this place was a nightmare
Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 2, 2018
This job was by far the 3rd most painful experience of my life. i do not recommend this job to anyone. This job is for the lowlifes who have hit rock bottom and cannot get back on their feet.
Ambiente muy bueno de trabajo
Poner el salmon para procesarlo (Former Employee) –  AlaskaDecember 20, 2017
Muy buena experiencia me gustaria podee nuevamente trabajr con ustedes
It a good place to work and work never finsh there love the timeing
Trimmer Operator (Former Employee) –  Egegik, AKqDecember 12, 2017
Where to start I love it there the coffee room the hospitality was excellent the staffs or very friendly bathroom good it OK for me I would love to have permanent job there
Pros
We get time to break to get some coffee are somting to eat
Cons
The breaking is ok good timing show how to manage your time at work
it was a really long time ago
Processor (Former Employee) –  Seward, AKDecember 2, 2017
It was a really long time ago, and I feel that I was treated fairly. Since I am required to write some kind of review I will just keep typing this sentence.
Easy work, a lot of easy hours with a few months out to sea.
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  AlaskaNovember 17, 2017
This job has a lot of room for growth if you're a person that can handle being away from land, internet and family for months at a time. A plus if you like seafood yourself, because sometimes the kitchen serves what we get during the season (Salmon during summer, Crab or Codfish during winter)
Pros
A lot of overtime if desired, room and board are free
Cons
You won't have a room to yourself, easy to get bored when there is no work to do.
Seasonal Work
Quality Grader/Lead Quality Grader (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 14, 2017
I worked at Icicle to take advantage of the travel opportunities. The work is hard and you can expect to work 12-16 hours a day, seven days a week for several months straight. The pay is not great but you get to see parts of the world you normally would not. This is a seasonal job (summer and winter). I would recommend this for college students trying to make a little money in the summer.
Pros
travel
Cons
pay
great job terrible structure ship in leadership
Seafood processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 14, 2017
It's a great opportunity to make money and not be able to spend it but the lack of leadership based on proper Merit seem to me, very disturbing. not to mention everytime I personally needed to contact the corporate office it seems extremely difficult to get a response and presented itself in a very unprofessional manner.
Pros
great opportunity to make money
Cons
not enough good leaders to outweigh the bad ones
Hard
Fish processor, Engineer's Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 1, 2017
This is an extremely hard job with long hours in grueling locations. If you need money and can devote 6 months that money is so worth it. It can be very stressful
productive and fast paced
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seward, AKOctober 17, 2017
long days in the fishing season, repetitive job all day, cold, tiring, long days at times, worked anywhere from 8-21 hour days, back dock! counting and weighing fish, forklift driver
Pros
free food n board
Cons
long days