Icon Identity Solutions Employee Reviews

Great sign company for beginners
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 16, 2018
Icon was a great company. They train you well to know the ins and outs of signage. Once you have the process down, you can take that information anywhere in the industry. The culture is great, and the people or great as well. the pipeline of work is pretty much endless. Icon works work many companies all over the United States and some clients are international.The pay is entry level, but they training you like no other. They promote from within, but everyone is fairly young in terms of the project managers, so advancement is slow. Great company for employment right out of college. As long as you have common sense and can manager your time well, you will have no problems here.
Pros
Culture, people, training, benefits
Cons
pay for more experienced, advancement
Ok Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 21, 2018
Did not work here for a very long time so I didn't get to see a lot. Good company with large accounts so work is always steady. Knowledgeable people who have been in the industry for a long time.
Greet People
Controller (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 25, 2018
A great group of people to work with. The company was going through some difficult challenges as the market changed, however management is talented and will turn the company around.
Great work place
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 18, 2018
Working at Icon over the past few years has been amazing! Many new changes have happened over the years, for example a new location (building), new and improved benefits, and different outings.

I have met very great people here and built awesome friendships.

ICON has showed me much love over the years and I have been able to move from different departments and learn something new every time.

It is definitely a very friendly environment and the company is very fair. Very flexible with the work schedule is one of my favorite perks.

I love the benefits and all of our little outings. I love the department where I work.

HR is super awesome

I totally recommend my work place to anyone who wants to be part of a great atmosphere and work with a variety of great people.
Flexible hours for great work life balance
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 6, 2018
ICON does truly care about their employees. You can absolutely find a similar job with better pay. ICON has proved that raises and promotions are available for those who earn it. I am comfortable with that. The hours are great. You have to be in the office between 9am and 3pm. However you make your 8 hour day is up to you. Most days I come in between 6 and 630 am and leave at 3-3:30. If I want to run some errands and come in at 9am, I can do that too. The ability to customize your schedule is great. I know what work I have to do, it's up to me to get it done.

I feel challenged and rewarded for my work. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable but, the job can be stressful for some. Everything is very quick paced. If you are not detail oriented and organized, this job is not for you. Prime candidates need to be able to jump from task to task and handle continuous interruption. You will never be bored and the days fly by.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Starting pay is low
Great Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMay 29, 2018
Been with the company for 6 years now. I'm very happy with the opportunities I've been given.

A lot of time is spent figuring out how to do our job to the best of our ability.

Coworkers are a pleasure to work with.

Management is excellent at getting employees rowing in the same direction.

Challenges usually involve balancing competing many multiple priorities

The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to make the company better on a daily basis
starter job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 14, 2018
This is not a place where you can advance very easily. Nepotism is rampant and management is out of touch with employees. Compensation is very low for the industry and is not very competitive.
Good Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 1, 2018
Employee engagement is a high priority. While work/life balance can be uneven at times, the company tries to make up for it. Plenty of opportunity for mentoring and advancement.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, modern environment
Be ready to learn
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  ClearwaterMarch 12, 2018
Great work environment, managers are very helpful, HR is great. Pay is below average but benefits package is decent. I am constantly busy learning a lot here. There is little micromanagement that goes on. Overall this has been one of the best companies I have worked with.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
no paid lunch, mostly work through lunch
Work review
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Work was ok and I do not feel like providing a review for this company. Thanks for taking the time to understand. I might get back to this later.......
Good atmosphere, flexible mangement
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILFebruary 23, 2018
A very good culture. the management seem to really like the employees. Work is difficult but then I do expect that. The co-workers are like family, We work hard and play often.
Pros
culture, co-workers, guidance
Cons
hours
Comfortable place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Company cares about the employees. Gives support when needed and allows independent work and encourages learning and growth in the industry. Supports work/life/balance concept and offers numerous opportunities for employees to advance.
Loved working there with everyone
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Lexington scFebruary 5, 2018
Everyone was fun to work with and made my day every one work together no argueing no fighting no horse playing every one just work together and every one got they're jobs done
Pros
They catered a lot
Cons
Reasonable breaks
Terrible Management, Don't understand Construction Industy
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75063November 29, 2017
Poor managment - blaming and "pass the buck" attitude. Condescending leader; problem oriented not solution oriented. NO training provided. Antiquated software that is not fit for construction industry. Slow to reimburse expenses. Poor ethics, don't follow their own policies. Promised 90 day review and raise, but dragged their feet for 6 months. Causing poor morale and high turnover.
Pros
Some nice coworkers
Cons
Everything else listed
Fast paced with opportunity for overtime
Metal Fabricator / Assembler (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCNovember 4, 2017
Productive site where a fabricator can have pride in seeing their finished product in the field.
Great teamwork across all departments to see the final results on a timeline.
Icon is a great place to work and grow with the company!
Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  Remote - Gilbert AZOctober 4, 2017
Icon is a fantastic company to work for. Besides the great benefits, they make all efforts to help you reach your career goals. They provide multiple training classes, both internal and external, mentoring, and performance reviews geared to help you succeed. Working at Icon is fast-passed, but rewarding.
Pros
Energetic environment / Employee Focused / Great Benefits
Cons
No Cons at this time.
high-paced, high-demand environment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 28, 2017
Great coworkers and surprisingly relaxed atmosphere. Negotiation and project management skills required. Salaried workers frequently required to work extra hours to meet deadline.
Amazing team
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 16, 2017
Amazing group if people! Supportive, work as a team and helpful. I went through some family issues right after I started and I had support and kindness from everyone. That is priceless!!
Pros
Great people and benefits
Cons
A bit more pay would be helpful
Never Home but lots of travel paid by company
Working Site Superintendent (Retail) (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 22, 2017
If you have a family do not recommend this job. You can travel with spouse but not the children.. air travel is about 60%. Insurance coverage but not very good. You need to be a problem solver and a great communicator.
Question
Potential employee (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 5, 2017
I'm a potential employee and was wondering what the Texas office is like? Is there anyone out there that works or has worked for Icon at their TEXAS location? Your opinion is greatly needed and appreciated. Thanks so much!
Official response from Icon Identity Solutions
August 30, 2017

Thanks for your inquiry! I'd be happy to discuss our Texas location with you further. Please feel free to contact our offices at 847-631-3233 and ask to speak with Christine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Icon Identity Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about