Icon International

Icon International Employee Reviews

United States42 reviews
Positive and productive work environment with great intent to achieve success for the company. A great work culture with a team coworkers who work together to see that goals are accomplished at all times
Did not like wearing a suit
Did not like the corporate culture

Good company outings and events

Free food daily

No work from home option

Too much cold calling

Dated CRM
Great management loved the people working there, just wish the salary was higher then it was otherwise I would still be there. Could have had a little bit more help when it comes to training but learning the work for my department wasn't that difficult.
The Icon International I was employed by has been absorbed by Endo Lighting and is not affiliated with the Icon International I am being forced to review.
Good company culture. There are fun/cool events you get to attend. But I got stuck on a team where I did not feel like I had the support from upper management. I was drowning in work (coming in early, eating through lunch, leaving late) and eventually burned out. If you are passionate about event planning, it's not a bad company to work for.
Management was unrealistic and inexperienced. Additionally the department was structured inefficiently. There was also a lot of favoritism based on who the boss was friendly with at the time.
Overall my work experience was great struggled a little bit but slowly got through will recommend the job to anyone I am a team player ready to learn.
I enjoyed my time at Icon International. Even though i had to leave before my contract expired due to a professional basketball opportunity overseas i loved the work environment and the people in the office. Everyone was friendly and engaged in plenty of friendly conversation.
Pros
a-lot of team meeting so free food was given often
Cons
no cons at all.
Been working with Icon for some time job work/ life balance was suitable but the pay needs to be better. They pay according to degree vs experience. The managers are not communicable. They listen but don't take suggestions to heed. Alot of gossiping amongst management and employees. Need more training and room for growth. They make up positions for people they like in order for them to move up and give them more money. They don't recognize those that work hard until that person is ready to leave the company.
Pros
Great job for entry level
Cons
Bad pay, management, no room for growth
Not a fan of the company overally structure and flow. Needs better management and better work hours for the company and specifically towards certain departments. Not ewnough appreciaition for employees
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Icon International?
good place to work, great building block. fun working environment. not the best management. Good entry level job. You will learn a lot but pay does not usually match company contribution.
In my time at ICON I learned a great deal and had a fantastic time. The work/life balance was tough, but that issue can be found at any advertising agency. They pay well, have an okay benefits package, and really do encourage growth and homegrown employees. There are a lot of quick turnaround times, however if you can multitask in a fast paced environment you will be fine. Management and HR does their best to listen and implement positive changes, however sometimes execution or communication on why it cannot be completed is lacking. Great company outings and plenty of opportunities to meet co-workers from different departments.
Pros
Great open minded culture, new building all to ICON, great pay, great opportunity for growth
Cons
shortfalls in communication from top to bottom
Took the job as a temp to hire position. Moved up the ladder quickly even though i was assigned to a department that was failing, even before i got there. I worked hard and met all deadlines. I was told i had job secuirty then when my department went under i was laid off. Their reasoning was ‘they didnt think i wanted a fututre in media’ without asking me how i felt. Not a positive experience.
Great place to work! Everyone got along great, super strong work ethics across the company! Promotions within and very fare wages! Sad to see it close!
Pros
Something new everyday!
Cons
No cons
This was a good place to work coming out of college, most of the employees were young, and the environment was pretty fun and friendly. The work itself though was boring and dull, and there wasn't much room for advancement within the department.
It was a decent job to get right out of college. Everyone there seemed to be pretty nice but still stuck in the "college" mindset which can be frustrating at times when work needs to be done. Learned a fair amount about the process of media buying and planning but the downfall about it was most of it was learning on your own. Tasks were handed over to me and expected to be completed relatively fast while having no formal training on any of it. Also, if you do not know how to do something and ask for insight on it, most were quick to say" go ask (insert name)" which can get quite annoying after a couple hours. The gym at the new building is nice but had its flaws. The gym closed at 7pm which is kind of a bummer so either you show up early before work to workout, go during your lunch, or try and fit it after work before closing. Lastly, the possibility to work from home is non-existent. It would be helpful to have laptops for the possibility to work from home on days when the weather is brutal and not use your PTO days.

Pro's

- Team lunches

-Company Events

-Hour Lunch

Cons

-Pay

-Long Hours

-Management
As a college intern at Icon International, I feel like the skills that I have learned there have set me up for success in future work places. I learned valuable lessons in time management, communication, as well as improving how I work in a team environment.
Young Company, co workers are willing to help, decent pay, gym in the new building, company outings. Good to start out of college. Not everyone can work from home.
ICON was great, a place to learn and grow with good training and direction from senior management. However, the culture does bit change year after year and could get stale. CFO and CEO are well into their 60's and do not wish to adapt to more modern work styles. i.e. working from home, laptops etc...
Pros
great work/life balance
Cons
Stone Age when it comes to products and resources
Great place to work that places emphasis on work life balance. Promotes from within and provides opportunities to transition into different roles. Good benefits.
I've been working at ICON for slightly over four years. The job is tolerable and I'm working with a lot of great people. If you're in the work-to-live camp or you've got a knack for the sort of position ICON is offering, go for it. However, growth at ICON is slow, both in terms of salary and in the acquisition of broadly applicable skills. You will learn how to complete a lot of company-specific tasks and find yourself having trouble explaining to family and friends what exactly the company you work for does. Deep fulfillment in your tasks will probably also be elusive, if you're looking for that sort of thing in a job.

All this being said, ICON is definitely worth a look if you're an industry player or just looking for a steady paycheck earned within normal working hours. It's full of friendly professionals who will help you succeed, if this is the sort of thing you want to succeed in. With an open mind and a positive attitude, ICON definitely has potential to be the answer to your job search.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Icon International. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9