ICON plc Employee Reviews

ICON is a great company to work for, however the lack of progressive leadership and continuity between divisions is immense.
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAApril 4, 2018
New leadership and lack of change after 2 years has caused many valued employees to leave. The workload has been immense and the consideration for the hardworking employees has been over looked. The yearly evaluation system is seriously lacking any helpful guidelines to creating and cultivating dedicated employees.
Unproductive and slow paced, inconsiderate,
Sr. Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Home basedMarch 26, 2018
Manager was not efficient and impolite as well as inconsiderate. Poor communication, and slow paced work. Not very well pain and slow progress. Promises broken.
Pros
Cons
As mentioned above.
Poor Management in Study Start-Up
Study Start Up Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 21, 2018
The people you work with are nice. However, management is insufficient and inappropriate. You are watched like a hawk and criticize daily. The environment is negative.
Cons
No breaks. Managers lack people skills.
Empowered to work harder and longer
Project Data Lead (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAMarch 12, 2018
You're empowered to work harder/longer hours instead of being give the opportunity to develop your skills and find process efficencies. Turnover is also incredibly high in my department losing 8 of 12 resources in 2 years.
Cons
dislike
INVESTIGATOR CONTRACT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 2, 2018
have you ever seen office space. that's what icon looked like. i was hired with the premise id be promoted quickly and was told my position was well below my skill set , after 9 months of waiting (i was told it would be 6) i decided i to resign.
Pros
gym and a great cafeteria
Cons
stark cubicals.
Wonderful Atmosphere
Clinical Research Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 16, 2018
Wonderful atmosphere and management. great place to work and flexible schedule when needed. Everyone helpful and willing to assist if/when needed. ICON is awesome company
can do better
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 13, 2018
can do great in planning
staff can be provided training
more professional training can be added
certifications can be provided to the team
more time
Fast paced stressful
IT Service Delivery Tech II (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAFebruary 4, 2018
A lot happened during the nearly five years with the company. I survived outsourcing of 90 percent of IT, only to have to pick up the slack of those that left or were laid off.

Overall, I liked working there, but realized there was no room for advancement so I had to leave.
Pros
Nice corporate office, plenty to keep you busy
Cons
No career advancement
Mostly everybody are professionals
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Good company to work for if you are permanent but there are not many hour to work or benefits if working PRN Doctors are great to work with I like the shifts that the company has.
ICON was a great place to learn the inner workings of a Contract Research Organization.
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 26, 2018
ICON was a great place to learn the inner workings of a Contract Research Organization (CRO). They have a good orientation/training program for inexperienced CRAs. ICON gave me the training and experience I needed to move up the CRA ladder.
Pros
Good training/orientation for new hires.
Cons
It was not easy to move from one dept (Clinical) to another (Data Management).
I enjoyed my time with Icon and had a great management team.
Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  HomebasedJanuary 24, 2018
I left icon due to career advancement and they were on the very low end of the compensation spectrum. Amazing training and great study teams. They invest in their training and receptive to questions. Great starter company.
Pros
Management work/life balance
Cons
Compensation
A wonderful place to start your career
Application Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAJanuary 17, 2018
ICON is a CRO who dedicates itself towards growth. While the atmosphere and culture are fantastic, management leaves something to be desired. Also, the HR department is not there for the benefit of the individual, making it seem as though your voice is unheard. As long as you have no issues, it is a great place to work.
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJanuary 9, 2018
I learned about clinical trials and how to follow guidelines for ICON and for the client I was contracted by at ICON in regards to HIPPA and other medical and safety guidelines.
CRA III (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2018
This is by far the best CRO I've worked for. Work life balance is a big deal. The benefits are great, and they value their empleyees. I totally recommend working for them
Overall ok
Senior Analyst, Commercialization & Outcomes (Former Employee) –  CADecember 21, 2017
A great place to train you right out of school. You can ultimately end up getting a better job and better salary after spending a couple of years here.
Did not enjoy the job
Clinical Studies Associate II (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PADecember 21, 2017
This company was not a good fit for me. The company offered no benefits for personal growth. It was awhile ago since working there and maybe things have changed for the better.
Productive and fun place to work
Global Lead CRA (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PANovember 28, 2017
I worked for ICON many years ago. I had the opportunity to learn many different job roles/functions which helped me to become a very well rounded employee. The upper management staff were great and committed to doing a great job. I loved my time at ICON.
Pros
Great people and work environment
Cons
a lot of travel
Great Place to Work
TMF Lead (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PANovember 20, 2017
Great place to work and grow. Managers are very flexible. Pay is fair. Excellent benefits. I would recommend people to work for this awesome company to retire from.
Independent Certified Clinical Research Associate
Independent Certified Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2017
A great place to work . I enjoyed working with doctors and study coordinators to ensure the study protocol was being followed and eligibility patients have been enrolled in the study per FDA, GCP, and local regulations.
Not Caring
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Many SponsorsNovember 8, 2017
The people here didn't care if you liked your job or not
Heres your job you don't like it we have more people that will do it
There is only one way to do the job there THEIR WAY
Pros
Big Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICON plc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight