ICON plc Employee Review

Worked at ICON as a Doc Mgmt Asst from 2005-2008
Document Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAAugust 30, 2013
I liked the perks at ICON Clinical Research but did not care for my manager and how they continued to raise the quota. Too much work for little pay. Typical day at work involved reviewing, scanning, indexing and filing of protocol study drug documents. The hours were flexible which I liked. My co-workers were nice but so much younger than me. I associated mostly with people my own age who were mature. A lot of cliques at ICON which I did not care for. Manager was sneaky and untrustworthy. The hardest part of the job was indexing, I experienced difficulty in grasping it but they continued to raise the bar with the quotas and I was terminated. Never had this problem when I worked for the Dept of Defense for 11 years, that was a great job better than this one. I liked the filing part of the job because there was no pressure or stress in that area. I did experience a panic attack one day at my desk because I was very stressed out at work. I am on medications for that now.
Pros
One hour lunch break and good health benefits package, also vacation pay.
Cons
Bad managers.

Other ICON plc Employee Reviews

Great middle management, not always great leadership
Sr Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2018
I was very fortunate to have great managers with my time at ICON, however the over-arching feeling and behavior of the company in its push to grow and move forward often left people feeling unprepared and vulnerable, also making decisions for yourself to keep from bottlenecks in process and output was frowned upon and a strict hierarchy was to be adhered to at all times, even if it negatively affected an outcome.
Pros
brilliant, fun, helpful colleagues and managers, good pay and benefits
Cons
No room to think for yourself
Rate of co-workers resigning is alarming, but does not appear to concern management.
Validation Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAMay 29, 2018
ICON plc is a Clinical Trial Management company based out of Ireland. The company does not respond to the needs or input of the employees, although they do run annual surveys and they do imply that they respond. Management does not communicate with their teams. Reviews are generally stuck in the bell curve process where regardless of how well jobs are performed, nothing beyond satisfactory can be given. General mid-level staff are not rewarded for good performance, employees are left in the same positions and not promoted or rewarded although new employees are hired into the business units. Overall, not a good choice for employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICON plc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight