Iconic Group Employee Reviews

Mediocre
OFFICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 5, 2018
Great place to work! It's not really a hard job to do; it's very laid back. The tasks are easy and manageable, however it can be a bit tiring, sitting and looking at computers all day. The workplace culture is great, it is an office atmosphere with artistic visions. Pay is great too starting off.
Pros
Constant breaks to stay rejuvenated
Cons
Get's boring
Fun place to work
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCNovember 8, 2018
Good place to work, just want better job advances. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to learn the boat business. Meet a lot of cool people, and got along with everyone.
Productive work environment
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2018
A typical day at work was filled with fun and working with guests and children.
I learned better guest management and satisfaction skills, as well as retail.
The management was fairly good, however some managers/assistant managers were rude and refused to give breaks to the crew working from 4:00pm to 11:00pm.
The workplace was very professional.
The hardest part of the job was going a long time in a hot outfit without water.
The most enjoyable part was working in retail and entertaining the guest.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks for 4:00pm crew.
Nice job with travel
Photographer (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 9, 2018
I get to travel around Florida taking pics. There is not much else to talk about. We get the assignment then go and take pictures. Clients normally involve universities and high schools,
laid back
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 24, 2018
The Customer service Manager doing the scheduling need more training, she only place her friends on the schedule to work. If she do not like you and it is obvious you will not be scheduled to work. She will make up things about your work especially the older employees so they are not able to work there in the customer service department anymore. This manager block all older employees from working if they are not in her friend circle.
Flexible Schedule with petty management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 13, 2018
This was my first job and the hours worked perfectly with my class schedule. I was even able to study or do homework during downtime. However, there was a change in management and the manager began cutting hours and firing representatives that had been there for a while if they "rubbed her the wrong way." She's incredibly unprofessional and it trickles down into the workers.
Very stressful and not worth it
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke PinesSeptember 9, 2018
At first it’s really slow, especially in the mornings. Closer to Christmas it gets crazier and more stressful. A lot of annoying and rude parents. The pay is low and not worth it. Have to stand for VERY long periods of time. Also very disorganized at times.
Pros
Free pictures
Cons
Stress, short breaks, low pay, Disorganized
Poor environment
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 21, 2018
Accounting systems are severely under optimized and headcount was reduced in late 2017 and early 2018 before staffing needs were understood. Currently in a state of flux (headcount cuts, etc.) with management exhibiting little to no appetite to slow down deadlines relative to headcount (monthly full financial close with an expectation of completion by ~business day 11). During my brief time, vision for staffing changed 4 times (each different than discussed during interview process with no discussion of changes to my direct reports prior to cutting headcount). No onboarding strategy for new Accounting employees. Management appears to have little understanding of the day-to-day and often charges professional staff with clerical type duties; clerical duties are assumed, due to relative ease of procedure, that they take no time to complete (but in reality require a significant time from professional staff).

Job requires overtime at almost all times to meet deadlines as well as attend to other responsibilities of the job ("slow" weeks are ~50 hours, "busy" weeks are generally 6-7 day work weeks ~60+ hours; 60 being the low end). Not at all unusual to send and receive e-mails between 9pm and 2am (it's not just Accounting that's working bizarre hours). Have heard stories of employees cancelling vacations last minute and/or being called up on office holidays (there’s only 5) to work.

Company culture is all about "How much time do you work?" Recent employee awards reflect this culture. Downward communication is need to know only. Upward communication expected to be exhaustive
  more... and complete. Not unusual to hear about C-suite “fussing” at staff over what can be construed as pretty thin-skinned matters (anecdotes of past and present staff indicate various instances of fussing preferred over calm and collected discussions). Company does promote from within, however, doesn’t do a good job of knowledge transfer such that duties/knowledge continue to reside with promoted individual. Further, Directors often involved in staff-type work rather than a technical review and directing capacity (further causing need for overtime).

Accounting doesn’t need to be difficult and the shop has promise if management put resources into either staffing or optimization. Currently, there appears to be appetite for neither.
Pros
PTO is solid (20 days; no sick pool, however), Pay levels solid, Most rank and file employees are helpful, good people
Cons
Work follows you home, Administrative systems unoptimized, Deadlines not considerate of staffing levels, 401k (6 months to enter; 1 year for employer match; 2 years until 20% vesting), Downward communication is extremely poor, Micromanager culture.
Mixed bag
ID Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 20, 2018
It was a mixed experience. When I was there in 2017, I thought the actual work was tolerable, but that place was swamped with work and it had fundamental issues.

The immediate management/leads good, but severely overworked. You needed questions answered, but had to find a brief second to get to it.

Some of the on-location photos work ranged from incredibly poor to beautiful. Your job was partly to flag the bad work and sometimes that was hundreds of pics on a large file, but you would get cited for taking that long. Then, some didn't flag at all to keep on time.

As someone who had both experience with photos and computer systems, I had recommendations to improve both, but I never seemed to matter at all. My co-workers included college kids who literally slept at their desks and no one cared.

I guess I was thought well enough that they had me train others at the time, but not well enough to even being asked back in 2018.

Par for the course.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
You get the same pay for working hard while others don't work
Fun Company
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2018
I have worked for Iconic Group for several years and it just keeps getting better. Each year more and more oppurtunities open up for me and I keep advancing.
Awesome
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 10, 2018
Loved working there. Specially the Christmas season. Would definitely love to come back again. It’s really a pleasure working for the company. Nothing but great things
Cons
No seating. Short breaks.!
Super productive ..and overall a super fun job
Cashier/Photographer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2018
Super fun environment. .and great people to work with. You get to work with kids and pets on the regular, and learn how to work with the technology that's around you.
Stressful, but good for students in high school/college
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 19, 2018
This job is good if you don't want to work in the food industry at minimum wage. I was a seasonal office associate and we got paid $9 an hour instead of minimum wage. Though we got paid $9 an hour, I still don't feel like with what they were demanding that that's enough money. I feel like I should be paying people $10 or $11 an hour. The job can be very stressful especially if your doing things like "not me's". With that being said, training is very poor. They put you through this very long program on the computer and don't really explain it to you until you have a question. In order to get your questions answered, you have to go up to the people instead of raise your hand like they tell you at the beginning. If you just raise your hand, it'll take them a long time to get to you or they may not see you at all. I also have a small problem with the shift leaders. Not all of them are bad, actually a lot of them are good but there were a few that were just blatantly mean and would not help people at all and they would just be rude for no reason. My boss for the season was very good though. She was super understanding and was actually nice to talk to versus some of the shift leaders. Overall, this is an okay place to work but understand that it can be stressful and you may have to learn some things on your own unless you are assertive and will go up to people and ask for help.
Pros
Very flexible schedule
Cons
Underpaid, No benefits, Shift Leaders, Training
Always exciting to go to work
Photographer/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Southern California and Central IllinoisJuly 16, 2018
I love my coworkers and photography team. I love going to on location events. I always feel great accomplishment after every shoot. The company is well organized, in which, I believe that is why they are successful, as well as, they take care of their employees.
Good seasonal job, lots of drama possible
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 29, 2018
This is a good, fun seasonal job. It is very fun to work with the kids and Santa. My team had a bunch of drama though between the manager and Santa in regards to scheduling the staff and time management for the guests' pictures. More compensation and/or benefits could be offered for experienced employees. Minimum wage for an experienced photographer is not a wage to live on or to encourage employees to return the next season.
Pros
Having fun with kids, opportunities to learn on the job
Cons
No benefits, minimum wage
As a photographer, it easy a setup with active shooting
Team Captain Photographer (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 18, 2018
Productive and fun for me part-time seasonal position, typically a lot of driving to locations. Company pays for rental for diving over 250 miles round trip. Company arranges hotels for overnight stays and meal pay.
Pros
seasonal part-time job
Seasonal Job Perfect for College Students and Quick Money
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJune 15, 2018
Iconic Group is a seasonal job that only lasts a few weeks. It takes place during the Easter and Christmas holidays. All one has to do is take pictures of children and families while they pose with the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus(depending on the Holiday). There is a small set up located in malls across the US. Starting out normally pays $8.50, Assistant Managers make $10, and Location Managers are salary. It is a great second job for extra money, and an even better job for college students who need something that works around their school schedule. It is also great for stay at home parents who need something to do while the kids are in school. Because it is seasonal and most of the people hired are infact students, there is usually a slim chance the same people return for the next holiday. If you do return, the hiring process is much simpler and you will ultimately work your way up the pay and position ladder quite quickly. You can even work your way from Location Manager to District and then Regional Manager.
Pros
Seasonal, Works Around Your Schedule, Easy to Learn and Understand.
Cons
Can Be Stressful, Seasonal, No Benefits.
Summer job
Seasonal Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 13, 2018
Great temporary job with good pay. Job task included identifying people for graduation ceremonies. It was fast paced but fairly easy. Recommended for college students
Fun !
Greeter to family and youth (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2018
Best experience I had so far working with children. Kids still believe in santa people and the looks on their faces are always priceless. It’s cool swing others in the christmas spirit.
Good work place
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
They work with the schedule you would like. If you have anything personal going on they will let you take a break. I loved working with kids. Love working with Santa he is a good person.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Big rush

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iconic Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about