Iconic Group Employee Reviews

Great Seasonal Work
Photographer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 14, 2019
I've worked for their graduation side and the race photography side (they no longer have the mall Santas/Easter Bunny jobs). Depending on where you live, it can be really busy during graduations but really slow during the rest of the year. They paid me quickly and you can earn more than the agreement if you do other stuff like candids. Shooting a race can be a long day but they pay by the hour which is better than a flat rate. I call them every season and they find a place for me to work as long as I'm flexible.
Pros
Set your own weekend schedule; Pay
Cons
Seasonal
Just doing my job
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 12, 2019
I'm a freelance photographer, who gets some good gigs shooting races and graduations. Love the culture, love the work. I'll continue working for them as long as they'll have me and what's nice is you get to shoot using their equipment, rather than wearing out your own.
Pros
They provide the gear to shoot
Cons
It's seasonal work, so don't expect to work every week of the year
Fun environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2019
Santa is great! Co Workers are very friendly.
Smiles most the time
Stressful at times
It is a seasonal job but the more you return to the company your pay rate rises.
Cast Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 15, 2019
I feel that iconic group needs better management. The work environment was very calm. Business was usually slow during the mornings which was the shift i worked.
Fun and safe environement
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 6, 2019
working for iconic group was a fun experience, i learned how to handle with customers and operate camera equipment. My manager was a very amazing woman and she cared for everyone on set and informed us if there was any changes on set.
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
customers
It was a great experience
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
I'd work with them again. Training, travel and capturing memories was a joyful experience.

It's been a while since I've worked with them, but I'm sure grateful for the time I did.
fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 29, 2018
talking to people all day
getting children excited to see Santa
flexible hours
work with friends
good pay
part- time or full time
sometimes evenings get busy
Pros
easy job
Cons
gets really busy two weeks before Christmas, slow internet, a lot of angry parents in wait lines
Iconic was difficult to work for, however it taught me to stick throught the difficult climate of hard work.
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CADecember 21, 2018
Iconic was not very motivating or resourceful. However I did gain a huge understanding to adapting to your surroundings and making the best of what I had. I picked up on everything with zero training.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours
Cons
no breaks, little pay, confusion
Was a terrible place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 20, 2018
The only good thing about this job is the kids. The management is terrible. There’s no communication. Someone got fired while I was there simply because the manager didn’t like them even though they were good at their job.
Pros
The kids
Relaxed place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 6, 2018
This position has a high call volume of answering incoming call in a courteous and professional manor. I provide the callers with accurate information while maintaining case confidentiality. I am required to answer any question or concerns that each client has, while documenting each call. This position has made me be more aware and alert. I loved the work atmosphere there.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
No overtime
Mediocre
OFFICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 5, 2018
Great place to work! It's not really a hard job to do; it's very laid back. The tasks are easy and manageable, however it can be a bit tiring, sitting and looking at computers all day. The workplace culture is great, it is an office atmosphere with artistic visions. Pay is great too starting off.
Pros
Constant breaks to stay rejuvenated
Cons
Get's boring
Fun place to work
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCNovember 8, 2018
Good place to work, just want better job advances. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to learn the boat business. Meet a lot of cool people, and got along with everyone.
Productive work environment
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2018
A typical day at work was filled with fun and working with guests and children.
I learned better guest management and satisfaction skills, as well as retail.
The management was fairly good, however some managers/assistant managers were rude and refused to give breaks to the crew working from 4:00pm to 11:00pm.
The workplace was very professional.
The hardest part of the job was going a long time in a hot outfit without water.
The most enjoyable part was working in retail and entertaining the guest.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks for 4:00pm crew.
Nice job with travel
Photographer (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 9, 2018
I get to travel around Florida taking pics. There is not much else to talk about. We get the assignment then go and take pictures. Clients normally involve universities and high schools,
laid back
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 24, 2018
The Customer service Manager doing the scheduling need more training, she only place her friends on the schedule to work. If she do not like you and it is obvious you will not be scheduled to work. She will make up things about your work especially the older employees so they are not able to work there in the customer service department anymore. This manager block all older employees from working if they are not in her friend circle.
Flexible Schedule with petty management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 13, 2018
This was my first job and the hours worked perfectly with my class schedule. I was even able to study or do homework during downtime. However, there was a change in management and the manager began cutting hours and firing representatives that had been there for a while if they "rubbed her the wrong way." She's incredibly unprofessional and it trickles down into the workers.
Poor environment
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 21, 2018
Accounting systems are severely under optimized and headcount was reduced in late 2017 and early 2018 before staffing needs were understood. Currently in a state of flux (headcount cuts, etc.) with management exhibiting little to no appetite to slow down deadlines relative to headcount (monthly full financial close with an expectation of completion by ~business day 11). During my brief time, vision for staffing changed 4 times (each different than discussed during interview process with no discussion of changes to my direct reports prior to cutting headcount). No onboarding strategy for new Accounting employees. Management appears to have little understanding of the day-to-day and often charges professional staff with clerical type duties; clerical duties are assumed, due to relative ease of procedure, that they take no time to complete (but in reality require a significant time from professional staff).

Job requires overtime at almost all times to meet deadlines as well as attend to other responsibilities of the job ("slow" weeks are ~50 hours, "busy" weeks are generally 6-7 day work weeks ~60+ hours; 60 being the low end). Not at all unusual to send and receive e-mails between 9pm and 2am (it's not just Accounting that's working bizarre hours). Have heard stories of employees cancelling vacations last minute and/or being called up on office holidays (there’s only 5) to work.

Company culture is all about "How much time do you work?" Recent employee awards reflect this culture. Downward communication is need to know only. Upward communication expected to be exhaustive
  more... and complete. Not unusual to hear about C-suite “fussing” at staff over what can be construed as pretty thin-skinned matters (anecdotes of past and present staff indicate various instances of fussing preferred over calm and collected discussions). Company does promote from within, however, doesn’t do a good job of knowledge transfer such that duties/knowledge continue to reside with promoted individual. Further, Directors often involved in staff-type work rather than a technical review and directing capacity (further causing need for overtime).

Accounting doesn’t need to be difficult and the shop has promise if management put resources into either staffing or optimization. Currently, there appears to be appetite for neither.
Pros
PTO is solid (20 days; no sick pool, however), Pay levels solid, Most rank and file employees are helpful, good people
Cons
Work follows you home, Administrative systems unoptimized, Deadlines not considerate of staffing levels, 401k (6 months to enter; 1 year for employer match; 2 years until 20% vesting), Downward communication is extremely poor, Micromanager culture.
Mixed bag
ID Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 20, 2018
It was a mixed experience. When I was there in 2017, I thought the actual work was tolerable, but that place was swamped with work and it had fundamental issues.

The immediate management/leads good, but severely overworked. You needed questions answered, but had to find a brief second to get to it.

Some of the on-location photos work ranged from incredibly poor to beautiful. Your job was partly to flag the bad work and sometimes that was hundreds of pics on a large file, but you would get cited for taking that long. Then, some didn't flag at all to keep on time.

As someone who had both experience with photos and computer systems, I had recommendations to improve both, but I never seemed to matter at all. My co-workers included college kids who literally slept at their desks and no one cared.

I guess I was thought well enough that they had me train others at the time, but not well enough to even being asked back in 2018.

Par for the course.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
You get the same pay for working hard while others don't work
Fun Company
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2018
I have worked for Iconic Group for several years and it just keeps getting better. Each year more and more oppurtunities open up for me and I keep advancing.
Awesome
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 10, 2018
Loved working there. Specially the Christmas season. Would definitely love to come back again. It’s really a pleasure working for the company. Nothing but great things
Cons
No seating. Short breaks.!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iconic Group. Our community is ready to answer.