iD Tech Culture reviews

Productive and fun work environment
Summer Journalism Instructor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 21, 2019
iD Tech is an awesome camp to work for and I absolutely loved the experience! I had an awesome manager and an awesome team staff, everyone makes sure you’re comfortable and they really make you feel like family.
Fun interesting summer job
instructor (Former Employee) –  texasDecember 17, 2018
Fun summer job that allowed me to work in another part of the country, sometimes management offsite camp can but heads but staff on site were amazing and fun.
Great Summer Job
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2018
iD Tech is a great summer job, especially for college students or people working in order to get into an industry. They feed you lunch ever day, and if you work Overnight, they feed you breakfast and dinner, too! The company tends to promote from within - I worked my first year as an Instructor, then my second year I was Lead Instructor! The atmosphere of the company itself is relaxed, but self-conscious, which can be a great help when the campers can be a handful at times. The hardest part of the job is usually either the campers, or the course material itself - sometimes, courses are hectic, such as the Pi-Top courses. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of welcomness and family you get from working there.
Pros
Food, Good Pay, Great Summer Job, Semi-Industry, Workplace Culture, Travel
Cons
Campers or courses can be a bit stressful, must sometimes learn course materials the week or two before you actually teach it.
Fun Summer Job
CAMP DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2018
I worked at iD Tech as a camp director. I really enjoyed the position and felt like I had a lot of support from my direct manager and the rest of the Regional Manager team. I love the established culture and being able to incorporate that into how I interacted with parents, campers, and my fellow co-workers. I worked at an overnight camp and this option was not feasible for me for additional summer seasons. I would definitely work with them again if I could.
Pros
free lunch, free housing for the summer, snacks
Cons
minimal breaks
Best Job Ever
Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2018
I know iD claims this, but if you are a summer employee it is an AWESOME job with great pay and culture. Seasonal employees are treated very well, and the full time staff is amazing.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible schedule, excellent support staff
Cons
long hours, lots of time on your feet
Great company
iD Tech (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 24, 2018
I really enjoyed this company. I enjoyed the coworkers. They all worked very hard for the goals and the culture definitely had a lot of positives. We we definitely achieved a positive atmosphere.
Fun place to work, however pay is low compared to expectations
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 15, 2018
iD Tech has a fun engaging culture and was a very fun place to work. The main downside really ended up being the expectations are high and the pay was not good enough to justify them.
It's a job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2018
There are pros & cons to all jobs and this is no exception. My days usually go by fast with the constant workflow. Management can be improved upon by creating mandatory management trainings. The hardest part of my job is maintaining a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job is customer interactions.
Great place to start
Director of Design (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAMay 17, 2018
The culture is fun and wacky. Great place for Juniors in all departments but only Managers really get to make decisions and everything flows through the CEO.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
pay is low, no snacks or lunches
Great and awesome place to work!
Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 14, 2018
Not only is it a super fun working environment, but the vibe and culture of iD Tech is relaxing. I was able to teach without feeling the stress of doing everything alone. I always had support form my fellow coworkers and bosses.
Great courses, amazing instructors, and awesome camp culture
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  University of MarylandJanuary 18, 2018
iD Tech is an amazing place to work. Each year, I learned something new and was allowed to grow. I was able to advance from Instructor to Assistant Director over my five years of working there, and all of my peers helped gives me the skills I needed to excel in my job. Though work days started early and ended late, it was a summer camp, so there was plenty to keep you busy. Management was always only a phone call away for any problems, and their on-site visits helped nip those problems in the bud. They really wanted you to be comfortable. The culture in the workplace is outstanding. It is fostered from your very first meeting with your co-workers, and lasts throughout the entire summer, every summer. Though the days are long and some campers can be more frustrating to deal with than others, in the end you teach them something they've always wanted to learn. Seeing everything that they've made at the end of the week is really worth the effort instructors and other members of the team put in every day. Overall, iD Tech is an amazing place to work, and I'm so glad I attended and decided to come back as an instructor!
Pros
Free lunches, nights off, great culture
Cons
long days, stressful kids (sometimes), lots of compliance
Fun and Inspiring Place to Work
Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 14, 2018
I had a great time working as a camp instructor at iDTech. Not only were my fellow employees fun and good at their jobs, but the kids we taught were a blast to be around. A great company culture and fun workplace environment make iDTech an amazing company to work for.
Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 1, 2018
Really fun place to work, coworkers and managers were awesome. Wish it payed a bit more, but we did have a lot of hours to balance it out. If you like teaching kids and working with awesome people, it's a pretty great place to work.
Pros
Great coworkers, teaching opportunities, flexible work times
Cons
Slightly low pay
Awesome
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 16, 2017
A really great place to work! The management staff is very organized and working with the campers and large staff is always fun. It really is the best job ever!
Fun culture, but lacking ethical business vision
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 19, 2017
While iD Tech may have a great work environment and fun culture, the lack of strong management and vision of their business direction has the company at a very strong moment of growing pains. It doesn't seem their behaviors and selling points on their product correlate with their "purpose driven" company ethics they preach- which will make it hard for them to stay above the competition when there are similar programs popping up all over the country. Great place to make friends and learn some new things-- but not necessarily a place to grow your long term career.
Pros
Catered lunches, annual trip
Cons
Poor business vision and management styles
It was Good
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYAugust 19, 2017
a typical work day was busy and interesting. We had to learn the course material and then teach it in exciting ways. My management was well informed and suited for the position. Work culture was fun and effective. Hardest part of the job is working with destructive kids.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Difficult
Rather nice overall
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 25, 2016
Busy and stressful for the first two weeks when working but you would get used to it. I learned how to manage kids and how to teach them. My co-workers were great overall as well as my managers.
Well run company with a lot of culture
iD Tech Camps (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJune 28, 2016
A typical day at work was not the most easy of jobs. Managing roughly 8 campers on your own was not an easy task when each of them requires differing levels of attention and focus, but the job was extremely rewarding, with fair pay and easy job advancement.
Going to work was fun every day, with most camps having great peers to work with and a fun culture among the campers and other instructors that easily carries out of the job.
Pros
Free lunches, Tons of goodies, Fair pay, Great management, Easy advancement
Cons
Working with kids for long hours, Occasionally difficult to teach subjects
Very fun place to work!
Front End Developer (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAJune 26, 2016
iD Tech is a place that is all about having fun at the workplace. If you're not having fun and loving what you do, then the company will try and make things right.

While the fun is there, iD Tech leaves a lot to be desired in terms of management and advancement in your position. I feel like I have gone up about as much as I can in the company, and I've only been working there for a year and 8 months. There are simply too many people that have been working there for a long time, that the company has begun to neglect the fresh hires.
Pros
Super fun culture, company trip every year, beer/half-day Fridays
Cons
Little opportunity to advance, non-existent raises, stressful in the summer
Best Job Ever? Pretty Much.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 29, 2016
If you want to make some money and have a great time, this is an excellent summer job for the skilled individual. Great management, great co-workers, and the best job culture I have every seen. However, considering the hours you have to be on the job, the compensation isn't outstanding. That being said, when typical activities include playing video games and building legos, one can't really complain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iD Tech. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight