Idaho State Police Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Being a public servant is very rewarding
State Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 10, 2018
You never know what is coming next. One minute you are bored and the next minute you are engulfed in a multi-faceted emergency. Officers are a close knit brotherhood and work together to protect the public and themselves. We were provided with the best equipment the budget would support and pride in the organization runs deep.
State Trooper
State Trooper (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 30, 2017
I was tasked with highway patrol. I responded to several emergencies that were life threating. I arrested suspects for drug violations, warrants and other violations
lack of accountability and responsibility
Communications Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDDecember 1, 2017
My manager had it out for me from the day that I was assigned to her. She never helped me with geography and would sit back and tell me "sorry - I don't know what you are going to do to get better". Despite my efforts, it was not enough. There was not enough training for geography either. I feel that there are a lot of issues with supervisors. The entire system is antiquated.
Pros
plenty of work.
Cons
management is not trustworthy.
It's okay
Regional Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDNovember 12, 2017
It's stressful, as most dispatch jobs are. There is not much benefit to seniority, nor is there much opportunity for advancement. Shifts are generally 4-10's.
Pros
Four 10 hr shifts per week
Cons
Difficult work environment.
Love my coworkers
SR Regional Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 6, 2017
I love my job and I love the people I work with. It is rewarding helping people and everyone is like a family. Only downside is the massive amount of never ending over time.
Great people to work with
Trooper (Former Employee) –  IdahoJanuary 17, 2017
Some of the best people I have worked alongside, however morale and job security is very low due to lack of management support in a field where trends are consistently changing.
Great people, and great work/life balance
Senior CJIS IT Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 25, 2016
Working for the Idaho State Police (Information Technology) provides an opportunity to learn a vast amount of knowledge. People are great to work with. Never a dull moment at work, there's a never ending list of stuff to get done, which adds a variety of learning new skills on a day to day basis.

Management is understanding and easy to work with when vacation time is requested. Plenty of vacation time, almost impossible to use it all up.
Makes a difference
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 15, 2012
It was a great feeling to work for a place where I felt the organization makes a difference. The Planning, Grants and Research department is a great department with great people.
Pros
able to achieve balance between work and family
Cons
salary and politics