Idaho State University Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 72 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Idaho State University (ISU) is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution founded in 1901. At the main campus in Pocatello, and at locations in Meridian, Idaho Falls and Twin Falls, ISU offers access to education in more than 280 programs. Almost 14,300 students attend ISU.
You’re seeing all 84 jobs at Idaho State University because we can’t find any available jobs at Idaho State University close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 345 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Education & Instruction
Community & Social Service
Great work place. Nice people and freidecly manegment. Great pelace for part time student. Falixable schedule when needed good raises as well freiedly management
Most of my staff was supportive and worked hard. Others worked to undermine the department. Thus, there was always an undercurrent of negativity inside the Department.
What is the best part of working at the company? Left pretty well to your own devices What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Not enough people to really cover the entire building, lots of walking/standing What is the work environment and culture like at the company? The professors and other staff were pretty friendly, but not much of a team as far as the custodial staff were concerned What is a typical day like for you at the company? Clock in, fill mop bucket and other cleaning supplies, work through your area til complete emptying trash bins, sweeping/mopping, resupply bathroom products, etc then clock out
Many students turned employees. great place to work as a parent. Decent compensation for that work that is done. The university does a great job of supporting workers and undergraduate researchers. Great funding opportunities.
Idaho State is a great university with a great culture. At Idaho State you feel as if you belong there and people are great in trying to help you succeed.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 27 questions about working at Idaho State University. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Idaho State University employees.
Insights from 60 Indeed users who have interviewed with Idaho State University within the last 5 years.
Am I familiar with Audio/visual equipment and setup? Can I demonstrate these skills?
They asked me about problem solving situations, what my grades were like, and what jobs I had in the past.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Idaho State University