Idahoan Foods, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and comfortable office
Trade Spend Specialist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 8, 2018
The office was a productive but comfortable place to work. Our ideas and suggestions for improvement were always taken. We were given all the tools and supplies we asked for in an attempt to make our jobs easier and more efficient.
Pros
working kitchen with Idahoan product
Terrible worst job ever
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, IDAugust 4, 2018
Absolutely dreadful place to work, higher ups only care about money not the people. They act like they care and want you to let them know what they can do better but never change anything. We went to them for months with the same concerns some being safety, not one thing got changed or fixed. They train poorly as well and expect you to do the job as good as people who have been there years. Definitely not a team at this place, and a ton of drama and talking bad about others. Some of the leads were awesome and some of the people working there but the higher ups don't care about their people at all. Worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Not a good place to work
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 30, 2018
To many hours to work, rather 5 days 8 hr shift,
Management only care about production not quality!
Managers don’t get involve with employees and they are racists! Very stressful pkac to my work
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long shift hours, management
Productive and Fun
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 24, 2018
Idahoan Foods is a very fun to work at. You learn something new everyday. I would do just about anything to work form them. Best place I have ever worked at.
Idahoan
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, IDFebruary 21, 2018
Work here has been somewhat less than ideal for an internship. You won't gain much education from this place but you will get exposure of the industry. That experience is pretty great though.
They'll work you into the ground
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDFebruary 7, 2018
When I first started working at the Lewisville plant, the company cared a great deal about the quality of their packaging, e.g. the packaging looked good. A time went on, management wanted the machines to run faster and faster. This caused the quality of the appearance of the packaging to decline. Instead of trying to improve the quality, management lowered their quality standards. And kept lowering them and lowering them. 5 years later, I didn't even recognize the company anymore. People who once loved coming to work, began to hate coming in. I'm glad I got out when I did.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Too much ambiguity
Great parties and prizes!!!
Professional (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 11, 2017
Idahoan is a great place to work with some growing pains. I wish more people would realize how much Idahoan does for their employees during any given year.

We have a management team that is trying really hard to do the right things for the right reasons. We don't always get it right all the time but their intent is in the right place.

Idahoan provides their employees a great budget to do parties and give away great prizes like $5,000 to pay off your bills!!

What company does that anymore?!?!

If you need a job and want consistent hours with plenty of opportunities for overtime during the holidays consider Idahoan Foods!!
Pros
Well positioned company with plenty of positives!!
Cons
We are growing really fast.
Constant change of schedule
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 11, 2017
Constant change of schedule to learn new machines, but never able to move to a different line. Learned three different lines by switching schedules but never given the chance for change.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Having to use vacation days to cover extended days off around holidays. To much unnecessary time off
Work you like a slave
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 22, 2017
Before I worked there they had two people working the flake machine. When they seen that I busted my butt they made me do it on my own. I would walk/run about 15 miles a day going from one end to the other trying to keep it going. I think they took that opportunity to get rid of one worker because I did it out of necessity. It really takes two people to run it. Also, the only ones who could add mineral oil to the gears were the maintenance and they would not do it when needed. If I had been able to add it it would not have had as many problems.
Not a good fit for those who want a life outside of worm
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, IDSeptember 7, 2017
Idahoan makes a good product. The job has the potential to be a good place to work, however they have created an environment of backbiting and confusion. The supervisors are for the most part unqualified, and they hire mostly from outside rather than promote from within. The hours are horrible, as you always work at least 45 hours a week, and then in the summer from June to September they work 13 days on 1 day off. This makes for no home life or vacations in the best days in idaho. Overall I would recommend employment elsewhere.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Crazy schedule, bad corperate policies, and shift work
Reactive Leadership
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, IDApril 19, 2017
Idahoan used to be an amazing company to work for. Now, unqualified, unprofessional, and those who play politics are the norm. They are systematically getting rid of employees who have been there for 30+ years, and those who are getting educations. Very sad, since it could be an amazing place to work at.
Pros
Decent pay for Idaho
Cons
Accountability in wrong places
Job place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, IdahoSeptember 14, 2014
This company offers a very steady work, it promotes productivity and gives opportunities to grow.
it is not a bad place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 23, 2014
The front line managers are great to work with, it is the ones above them that are the problem. This is not a bad job, or company although, they would rather step over a dollar to pick up a dime.
Pros
pretty laid back in my department
Cons
the 7 day rotating schedual is awful
Management is more concerned with production than safety or the moral of it's employees/employee's families.
Packaging Lead (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 8, 2013
When I started at this job. The management was well balanced. they made everyone feel as if they were on a team, and that their contribution toward building a winning production facility and brand was something worth working hard for. Slowly the management team started to get replaced out with arrogant, dictator attitude type leadership. The moral of all employees has dropped dramatically, not only causing poor attitudes, but lower quality of product that was produced.
Management stopped working as a team, and more of the "Do this, or you will be written up". Most times than not, the management would put more work on the employees then they could accomplish in a 15 hour work day, and then punish them for things not being completed. Management would provide no assistance, even when directly asked.
In my case, when I confronted management about their lowered leadership skills, and lack of help, a case was made against me stating I was showing lowered elation for the position I held. When I explained that I still worked hard, putting in 15+ hour work days, not seeing my family, and that I just needed resources to help accomplish the goals set by their unreasonable expectations, it fell on deaf ears. I continued to get written up stating that my rapture was affected until they had enough to let me go.
In summary; If you are looking for a place to work where your hard work is rewarded... choose another company.
Pros
Co-Workers were great people, determined, and hard workers even with the poor management atmosphere.
Cons
Forced overtime, almost daily with no regard to employee's family time.