IDC Employee Reviews

Advanced level scuba instructor
PADI IDC-Staff Instructor and Program Director (Former Employee) –  Roatan HondurasJanuary 25, 2019
Scuba related job with on call need to fill in when required extra staff. I was given priority due to experience and qualification and was able to work in many different locations from 5 star resorts to low cost dive shops. Typically I would start the day preparing for the course i would be teaching including checking equipment safety, maintenance, required materials to make a seemless transition when the student arrived. once the student arrived I would walk them through all required liability and safety paperwork which would be promptly filed and on a student record. The class would proceed until completion adhering to strict standards and then the certification would be issued.
As this is an enjoyable and exciting experience we would proceed with extremely high levels of energy and appearance of ease, taking into account the students demeanor and adjusting as needed. I learnt a lot to read people as we often were placing them in areas that can cause extreme stress and anxiety which we had to address and reconcile immediately. After the course was complete I would also aim to up-sell to the next training course or to purchase their own equipment for additional sales and engagement with the company.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the high level of energy and excitement while working long days on end handling extremely heavy equipment in stressful situations often 6 days a week. This was all made worth it with the reviews and often once in a lifetime look and appreciation of thee client.

While working in the director of marketing, sales and management
  more... position I would create and manage all social media posts across all platforms as well as updating the websites to adapt to the local and global competition. I would be available to answer questions, set reservations and create sales via phone, video call and email at all hours.

I would also rework the program to improve offerings using local market research and PADI marketing and sales content to improve enrollment in all levels of courses and build new programs to set our professional level programs apart.
Pros
customer satisfaction, providing once in a lifetime experiences, scuba diving on a beautiful island every day, free additional training
Cons
long hours, heavy lifting, little down time
Ever Changing
Event coordinator for nightlife entertainment (Current Employee) –  OwnerDecember 10, 2018
The work was easy at times, and hectic at others. I learned a lot from the nightlife industry. Too many highs and lows. The hardest part of the job was consistency. The enjoyable part of the job was seeing people happy and thriving on something you created.
Geo-Tech Core Logger (Former Employee) –  Iliamna, AKMay 10, 2018
Long hours, different shifts, always on feet, learned a new trade, lots of people, two weeks on with two weeks off shifts. The best part was the people.
no fun
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 7, 2018
management not fair and they lie very uncomfortable to work there. Not a good job envirorment to much back stabing do not appreciate hard working employees
Pros
no pros
Cons
no trust
fast pace work environment
Inventory & Quality Control / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 19, 2018
I loved working for IDC, fast pace always challenging. Always room to learn new things and challenging situation and deadlines, I work early morning till early evenings, always something to do never a slow day.
Pros
fast pace, great hours for those wanting to work
Great place to work, clear strategy, strong market brand an preence
Sr Account Executive, Consulting Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work. Clear strategy and guidelines from the leadership team. IDC has a strong market brand and presence based on existing customers and reputation of market research and services offered.
Changes needed for growth
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  MidwestOctober 29, 2017
IDC can be a great place to work at times, however, a lot of changes need to be made to continue to be successful. Heavy investment is needed in all departments. Not a sales driven organization.
Large company, well organized
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
Great place to learn and grow, but large size breeds complexity. You will learn a lot about new technology here and be exposed to client early on in your career.
Pros
Well organized
Cons
Complex management structure
ok
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 7, 2017
the job was okay. the pay was some what decent. good people to work for defiantly. never stressful at anytime. would recommend anyone to work for them
Average Company
SBU Manager (Sam's Club) (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJuly 10, 2017
Source and sell company with the only benefit being a brand. No long terms vision and only managed by those with a vision of short term success / gains.
Productive and Fun place to work.
Accounting Clerk/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 18, 2017
IDC is a Fund Raising firm, which I was fortunate to work for 11 years. I learned basic Accounting from different softwares while updating the system. I got along with all the Co-Workers, we were like a family. The hardest part of the job was when I found out that the company got bought out by Harris Connect (another company).
Pros
Company Picnics and Christmas Parties
Cons
N/a
productive
Warehouse Lead & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
Responsible for daily warehouse duties, assists with pick-up(loading), transportation, and delivery (unloading and placement ) of goods in accordance with established procedures and prtocols, lifting, moving, installation and placement of heavy items by hand or with assistance of handling equipment.
Pros
everyone helped each other out on the shift including boss as well
Cons
early morning traffic on the way home
horrible place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Germantown Hills, ILApril 28, 2016
I'd give less than 1 star if possible. This place is absolutely full of empty promises and the owner would rather have the company fail vs going and getting work from other places.
Pros
Cons
the owner
Awesome work environment with friendly coworkers.
Parts Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dos Palos, CAFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day would start at 7:00 am. I would help the work crews load any heavy equipment, and pull any parts they needed. (pipe, glue, PVC parts, etc.) After the work crews would leave the yard, I was in charge of cleaning the store, sweep, mop, and restock our shelves by combining partially empty boxes and bringing parts from the top shelves down to the lower shelves. This allowed me to have a better idea of what parts we needed to order more often and what parts could wait when making future orders. While making my rounds around the store, we would receive shipments throughout the day, and I would hop on the forklift unload the trucks and sort out the parts. It was my responsibility to check the invoices and make sure all the parts were there.I would then separate job parts from inventory. After breaking down what we received I would go back and continue where I had left at in the store. All while helping any customers that walked in and needed help. I would end the day by lining up our pallets in lines and write the job numbers on all four sides of the wrap so it was easier for the work crews to see what jobs we needed to knock out and the parts they would need. Also, I would sweep one last time before locking up because the warehouse was surrounded by dirt. I had one manager above me who handled the tech side of the store. He would do all the online ordering, shopping around for cheaper prices on parts, and answer the phone calls.
The hardest part of the job was being in a metal warehouse with out fans or air conditioning. At times it was like working in an oven.
  more...
The most enjoyable part was definitely my co-workers. I was the youngest worker by about 8 years, so all the guys saw me as a little brother and made the transition really easy.
Pros
Free lunches at times, holiday bonuses, and rotating weekends off.
Cons
Heat inside the warehouse, and the dust made it difficult to work at times.
very busy
Owner (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIOctober 7, 2015
Very professional company responding to customer needs.
Fun place to work with a great staff.
Logistics was both fun and challenging.
The hardest part of the job was sales. I was very good at sales.
Productive company to work for.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Tauton. MaJuly 16, 2015
Princess House is a direct sales company work for them over 25 years. I was a area manager, trained and developed new consultants. Wonderful company to work for. My upper management team showed me how to advance in this business and to become a very motived manager for my team. Love the company and how they treated their consultants and the families.
Pros
Free travel trips
Cons
Getting ladies to book home parties
nice place to work
Dan Ellis (Manager) (Former Employee) –  los angeles,February 12, 2015
i really enjoyed working at this job. Company was down sizing and I was one of the employees that was let go. The company was a telemarking company. i use to sell toner i worked very hard at doing this job.
Pros
calling was easy
Cons
people would hang up on you
Very nice people to work for
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Prairieville, LAFebruary 11, 2015
This company was a very fair place to work,there was alot of room for advancement,I was the only female that worked in this department and its was a very good experience.My co-workers respected my presence,we teamed up well and got the job done.The hardest part was not knowing what time your day was going to end.H ad to complete most jobs before you got to leave.The most enjoyable part was recieving a a well deserved paycheck on thursdays.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
unscheduled breaks
Stable company, nice people, low employee morale, heavy workload
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 5, 2015
It is a stable company that has been around for over 50 years. Many employees stay at the company for a very long time. The employees are very nice and most are easy to work with. The employee morale is low though. Most employees have very heavy workloads, which causes a lot of stress. Some managers try to improve morale and balance workloads, but they are given limited funding and resources to accomplish it.
Pros
Lots of holidays and PTO. Friendly employees.
Cons
heavy workload, stress
Fast pace work.
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 10, 2014
A typical day at work consist of me picking and packing products for trucks to be delivered to the hospitals throughout the NorthShore LIJ health system.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
constantly on your feet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight