Ideal Concepts, Inc. Employee Reviews

Could be better
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 17, 2018
Ideal concepts was okay at first, I still love the environment, the people are friendly and it is very relaxed but management could be better, the changes lately have been very unprofessional and you do not get compensated for the work that you do. The hours are fine, butt he pay is horrible.
Pros
health benefits, pto
Cons
management, poor salary, sometimes unorganized.
Commission Only job
Health Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDJune 15, 2018
Commission only job. The concept is to answer cold calls coming into you and talk to clients about health insurance with a goal to sell them a policy.
June 28, 2018

Hey Agent! Thanks for your review. Be sure to reach out with any suggestions on how we can improve our platform even more! -Alisha Leavelle

A waste of time
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJune 14, 2018
I had 15 years of Medicare insurance experience I was told 20 to 30 eligible leads a day. The only thing they were eligible for is the dental vision discount card No stand alone vision. The leads are people who go to a website looking for a quote and only get their info sold to companies like Ideal concepts. These people have no idea dozens of agents will call them no stop to try and sell something. I spent nearly $800 to get appointed and set up my home office. In 6 weeks I only managed to sell 5 total applications and got paid for 3 of them. I would have stuck with it as they promised the turning 65 leads we got after they turned 65 would be fixed. I had no choice but to get an hourly wage job to try and hang onto my house. If you have another source of income to get you to the 6 week open enrollment give it a whirl. If not don't fall for the sales pitch and invest in something else.
Pros
They do want you to be successful
Cons
1099 no safty net no just pie in the sky promises of endless qualified leads
June 28, 2018

Hi Agent! Thanks for your review. You're right: we do want you to be successful! I'm sorry to hear that we didn't get you there. 1099 full commissions jobs aren't for everyone, and I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Feel free to reach out with any suggestions: ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com. -Alisha Leavelle

Great training and overall an amazing team-based system.
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 11, 2018
Right off from the start the company assigns an ASM to the new agents. So far i'm glad I got Sam as my ASM. All the ASMs are knowledgable and have their own way of explaining things. They will take an agent through training and help them out during their time with Ideal Concepts. Everyday I receive updated emails on our performance and also included is a message to motivate us. I've had nothing but positive feedback on my work and how I talk to my clients. This is exactly the job I've been looking for. The agents get to work from home and pick their own hours. There are going to be some rough spots through the beginning but the ASMs are there to hold you up.

Can't forget to include the system we use for leads. It is something out of the ordinary. Leads coming to you all day. Ive worked with other lead systems but nothing like this one. It is a great opportunity.

Im fresh out of college and as soon as I saw this on Indeed, I had to try it. Ive had my ups and downs but it all depends on how hard you work. The team understands the daily hustle an agent goes through and thats why it makes it extremely comfortable to work with this company. We have meetings every Friday full of information on carriers and plans. They also include tips on how to increase performance. Its been an awesome experience so far.
Pros
Great team to work with.
June 28, 2018

I'm so glad to hear that our platform is working out for you, Agent! It's also encouraging to read your kind words regarding Assistant Sales Manager Sam. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to his manager. Keep up the great work and good luck! -Alisha Leavelle

I love this job!
Licensed insurance agent specializing in Medicare (Current Employee) –  Alamo, TXJune 6, 2018
First of all I have been 1099 most of my sales career so as far as benefits are concerned, I am not used to having them. Having said that I would be less likely to recommend someone from coming to Ideal Concepts for fear of spoiling a good thing than the other way around. The other agents are all very chill...and no one is a shark! Management is unbelievably supportive and the marketing department does a great job! We offer great products and present them in an honest and forthright way. Our job is to sell but never at the expense of what is best for the customer.

This is a place to work if you take pride in what you do, because the company sure makes every effort to give you every tool possible to succeed.

The company "feeds" you leads through a proprietary system everyday and you sift through them to find the diamonds. The more you do it though the better you become as a problem solver and that increases your closing rate. I hesitate to even imagine the cost of the leads I work through on a daily basis if I had to pay for them myself...but they have found a way to make it work. No we are not order takers...we have to work the leads and sometimes they are not overly receptive at first, but if you are a good rapport builder, you will get good leads every day! I have had leads that had blown every other agent off the phone only to let me help them to determine the best solutions for them and enroll them! All of us here have had that experience routinely!

So if you are just an average agent that can only write business that falls into your lap...this probably is not
  more... the right gig for you. However if you take pride in your craft, and are a strong communicator looking for a company that lets you determine your own level of success, Ideal concepts will probably be a good fit!

It was for me!
Pros
Flexibility, managerial support, marketing, licensing assistance
Cons
They did not give me a private jet
June 28, 2018

Hi Agent! I'm sorry to hear we were not able to fulfill all of your expectations: i.e. private jet! :-P Thank you for your honest and detailed review. I believe potential agents will find the information you provided very useful. I completely agree with you: hard work and talent is necessary to be successful in our platform, but I hope that we continue to provide all the support you need to do so! Thanks again, Alisha Leavelle

Caring managers who want you to sell, sell, sell
Sales (Current Employee) –  Slatington, PAMay 30, 2018
As with any health insurance job right now, this is extremely competitive with a focus on closing sales and cross selling multiple products. It can be done successfully, as long as you follow their program, utilize their sales tech, and work hard.
Pros
Smart, caring managers who want you to do your best, Free leads, Work from home, Make your own hours, Spanish leads available.
Cons
1099, inbound and outbound calls, work alone at home.
June 28, 2018

Hi Agent! Thank you for your realistic view of our platform. I'm glad to hear that you find our managers caring and our tech and other benefits useful. You're definitely right that being a 1099 remote worker can be hard. Thanks again for your review! -Alisha Leavelle

Over promise under deliver...
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 26, 2018
Real deception and dishonesty at this place. Tech is good, but if the leads are trash nothing else matters. You are just a number here and that is fine if you are making money. Ask about leads and turn-over before you commit to this company.
Pros
Good Technology
Cons
Leads are Garbage
May 29, 2018

Hi Agent! Thank you for the compliment regarding our technology. As a technology and marketing focused organization, we pride ourselves in producing cutting-edge technology that allows agents an edge over their competitors.
I'm sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with our leads. As you mentioned, there are many agents who are making good money- with the same leads you were working with. Perhaps there is something else your manager could have worked on with you? We are eager to help every single agent become successful, as your success is our success!
Our turnover rate is extremely low, especially for a 1099 contractor position. Again, I'm sorry the opportunity did not work out for you! Feel free to send over any suggestions you may have to improve our system.
-Alisha Leavelle

Amazing Opportunity!!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAApril 5, 2018
I love Ideal Concepts. When I first interviewed here a few years back I thought this is too good to be true but Everything was laid out for me to be successful, they mean what they say! I make a ton of money here and I’m never going anywhere. I worked in a bank prior to this for 10 years and made the change due to healthcare reform(Obamacare) to come on board with Ideal Concepts because I saw a huge earning potential and Man was I right! This is the best place I ever worked for. Our CEO and Management is awesome and very supportive, along with back office support and our commissions team of course. We’re paid weekly and my check is always something to look forward to. They do not rip you off or sell you a dream like most of these Insurance Compaines. LEADS ARE REALLY FREE ALSO! Our salesradix CRM system is the best Ive ever come across with no monthly cost to use. I feel very secure in my position here and I’m very thankful to be able to have this opportunity to be apart of this amazing team here at Idealconcepts. Thank you, everyone!! Keep up the great work!!!
Pros
You choose your Hours, Your your own boss, work from home, Awesome Management team
April 9, 2018

Wow, what a great review! I'm glad that Ideal Concepts has provided you with a great opportunity and living. We're lucky to have someone so obviously dedicated on our team. If you have any suggestions to make things even better, please reach out to me directly at ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com. We work hard to constantly improve our system, so feedback from current agents is crucial! -Alisha Leavelle

Dedicated management team devotated to helping you become a better sales professional
Broker Agent (Current Employee) –  Bath, PAMarch 29, 2018
Professional, caring management team committed to creating an educational, nurturing environment for sales brokers.
Amazing, quick, useful technology that is always improving.
Loyal and hard working support staff.
A variety of carriers with a ton of products.
Intelligent CEO well-known in the insurance industry who always strives to do what's best for the company and the agents.
Pros
Free marketing, free sales technology, free training, free support
Cons
Must have the ability to deal with disgruntled clients, just like any telesales job, must be able to budget like any business owner
April 4, 2018

Thanks for the review, Agent! Great advice to potential agents! -Alisha Leavelle

New to the team but glad I'm here!
Marketing and Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMarch 1, 2018
Just joined the team late last year and I'm still figuring things out but I'm glad I'm here. I had been looking for an independent position that would allow me the flexibility to make my own hours and have complete control over my income, and I def found it. The hard part is motivating yourself to work, but the sales managers are great at helping you. I'm learning a lot and making money, and I expect to get better and better over the next year. I fully expect to break the 6 figure mark in my second year!
Pros
Great management team, caring individuals, helpful, thoughtful, motivating, good compensation, free marketing
Cons
1099, chargebacks, irate/irrational clients are part of the biz

Comment – March 2, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Agent! Glad to have you on the team. Be sure to send us suggestions as you run across them! -Alisha Leavelle

It's all a facade
Agent (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Ideal concepts is very good at putting smoke in mirrors. Some things just aren't what they seem. Too bad some people can not be tricked.

Try practicing what you preach and you will get far.
March 1, 2018

Hi Former Agent! I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with our program. I'm not sure how we "trick" people, and would be interested in hearing more about your experience. At no time are agents paying us for anything: leads, training, support, technology- it's all free!
I'm also not sure what you're referring to in your suggestion that we "practice what we preach and we will get far." I'd love to get your constructive feedback.
That being said, as one of the largest and most successful individual health insurance marketers in the country, named to Inc. 5000's top 12% of the country's fastest growing companies, named a Top Workplace in the Lehigh Valley two years running, named a top FMO/#1 FMO with several major national and local health carriers for the past 4 years, and with more than 3,500 independent agents contracted, I'd have to say we've gone pretty "far"! :-)
Please feel free to send me suggestions on how we can do even better- Alisha Leavelle, ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com

Caution - most of these reviews are fake
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Based on my experience nobody except the CEO thinks this is a perfect place to work. It is not. The leads are not great but to be fair the technology is pretty good. Also, the assistant manager was really good to work with. Smart, cool guy and very helpful. However, the thing that you cannot see on these reviews is that the CEO is adamant about you reading a script from beginning to end on every call! Imagine that! Read the script, read the script, read the script!!!! Blah, blah, blah. This is not how you sell ANYTHING.
Agonizing, agonizing, AGONIZING!! I quit my job, built an office at home and bought all new computers, etc... For a job that lasted three months. As it turns out, unless you can read a script (and sell) stay far away from this piece of excrement.
Pros
decent training, good technology
Cons
Read the script stupid. Oh, yeah and sell too (NOT)
February 12, 2018

Hi Agent! First of all, let me thank you for your positive review of our technology, training, and management team! I’m glad you found those aspects of our platform valuable; we work very hard to make sure we have the best of all of those three things!
I'm not going to engage most of your other accusations in this review, as I think it's pretty obvious to anyone reading that you purposely used inflammatory, juvenile, and unprofessional language.
That being said, I would like to respond to your one main complaint: Scripts. Not sure if you’re aware, but for Medicare, scripts are not a CEO requirement as you repeatedly state, but a CMS requirement. Not only are the scripts required by CMS law, CMS actually reviews and approves our scripts. If you do not read the script, you are going against CMS required guidelines and breaking the law. So in general, you’re correct: Our CEO is adamant about following the law.
Your one piece of useful advice is that “Unless you can read a script (and sell)” you should stay away. I’d have to agree. Unless you are willing and able to follow CMS guidelines (and sell), you should stay away from this opportunity! :-) Thank you for your feedback- Alisha Leavelle

Great sales platform!
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 10, 2018
I joined this team after being referred by a friend and I'm glad I did. They offer good compensation, but the best part is the tech and the free leads. The company cares deeply about offering great products to clients, and making sure they have the best sales platform for agents. Management takes suggestions and offers explanations when they don't. Everyone seems to work hard, so it's a "practice what you preach" situation, since they encourage agents to work full time. Great training which was super useful to a new agent.
Pros
Free tech/leads/support/training etc.
Cons
1099 so no base or benefits.
January 12, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Agent! Make sure to reach out directly with any suggestions. -Alisha Leavelle (ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com)

Make what you want to make with all the support you need
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 21, 2017
From my first interview to now, Ideal Concepts, Inc has been nothing but a blessing for me and my family. I have had jobs in insurance that gave me promises of making great money, yet they never lived up to there promises. Ideal Concepts, Inc has been the exact opposite. They are very straightforward as far as what they expect from you and how they will give you all the tools you’ll need to be successful. As long as you work your business you will succeed with this company. I would even say you are GUARANTEED to succeed due to the tremendous marketing they do to provide FREE LEADS and also all the technology and support from management to ensure your success. If you are looking for a lasting career I am pleased and honor to say you will find it with this company.
Pros
Make your own hours, make your own income, it’s your own business
Cons
None.
January 8, 2018

Hi Agent! Thank you for your kind words. Please feel to reach out with any suggestions! We want you to continue to be happy here! -Alisha Leavelle

not truthful about leads and earning potential
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  work at home anywhereDecember 10, 2017
They have an excuse for every problem that arises. I followed what they said to do and am not getting enough qualified leads to make more than 1 sale a day during the peak of Obamcare enrollment
Pros
make your own schedule and work from home
Cons
leadsare not what they are advertised to be for most of the agents
January 8, 2018

Hi Agent! I'm sorry to hear that you are not able to successfully sell on our platform. I will say you are in the minority, and therefore, perhaps it's not the leads, as everyone works with the same leads. You're saying you're not even closing one per week, when running a quick report, I see that our average agent during OEP closed 7 to 10 sales per week. And that's our average sales persons- our top earnings closed 30 and above during the first week of December! In addition, while OEP is fun because there are a lot of easy closes, many of our agents enjoy SEP more because they earn more per sale than during OEP.

I would love for our sales management team to sit down with you, perhaps even shadow you for a few hours, to figure out what's missing. There's a number of things it could be, but if you truly aren't receiving enough "good" leads, it could be the states you're in- not enough states, or not high lead states. There are lots of things we can do to work on getting your sales numbers up. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so I can connect you with a sales manager and get you shadowed! Since all of our tech, support, and marketing is free to you, we are not successful unless you're successful, so of course we want to do whatever we can to make sure you're making sales!! -Alisha Leavelle, ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com

Ideal Concepts is the future of insurance sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PASeptember 18, 2017
Ideal Concepts has created the ultimate individual insurance sales package for agents: free leads, free sales tech, free training, free support. They take a hairline cut of your commissions to cover all of that. For agents afraid of ACA, I don't make my money on Obamacare. I use Obamacare to get in the door, but I make my money on dental, vision, accident, etc.
Pros
Massive income potential, Specialized and intensive training, Quality products, Caring management, High-tech sales technology, Interesting and fun atmosphere, Competitive commissions, Work from home, Make your own hours, Control your income
Cons
1099 contractor position, no guaranteed income
September 19, 2017

Thanks Agent! You've got a great sales strategy and attitude. We're lucky to have agents who value our platform! -Alisha Leavelle

Best insurance opportunity I've found in the industry!
Health Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PASeptember 5, 2017
I'm so glad I ran into Ideal Concepts! This company changed my life, for the better. I was selling life insurance independently, and wary of joining a captive platform, but this company delivers! The health insurance part of it was tricky (transitioning from life to health) but well worth it. The only way I would leave is if I found a company that did this exact thing, only for life insurance, which I enjoy selling more. That being said, rumors are floating that Ideal Concepts will eventually get into life and when they do, I'm hoping aboard that team, because I can't think of anything better!

The one thing that's worrisome is what the government is going to do, but I feel pretty confident in AIO that they will survive and do the best they can do for agents. They have so far!
Pros
1099 position; Control your own income/work hours; Excellent training, support, assistance, technology, leads, management; Great CRM and their own health exchange to make things fast & easy.
Cons
Commission only, no benefits, Obamacare changes are constant and rocky, You have to work full time hours in order to succeed, Start up costs to a commission only job are high
September 18, 2017

Hi Agent!

Thank you for your feedback/review. We love hearing from current agents! We understand the uncertainty agents have about the individual market, and we appreciate your confidence in our ability to pivot and adapt. That's our speciality!

In response to your suggestion on life insurance, it's definitely one of our goals. Expect a life department to be launched within the next few years.

-Alisha Leavelle

Positive, Motivated Workplace Capable Of Big Things
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 26, 2017
My time at Ideal Concepts has been extremely pleasant. I've found the work to be challenging and satisfying and I feel surrounded and supported by helpful, knowledgeable people willing to teach.

Ideal Concepts has strong business ethics and has an administrative staff that understands how to motivate employees.
Pros
friendly, helpful workplace; understanding management; challenging, satisfying work; open to new ideas
Cons
limited remote work opportunities for non-agents
Run...Run away as fast as you can
Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 17, 2017
The head manager is a QUACK!!! If you go to work for them you'll find out what I mean. There training is horrible, they just throw you to the wolves. All he trains on is the script and brags about himself. Pathetic
Pros
Cons
Training is the worst, Head Manager is very Arrogant
August 25, 2017

Unfortunately, I suspect this is a fraudulent review. We do not have, and have never had, a "Licensing Coordinator". We do have a Licensing team, but their manager is a woman, not a man. In addition, all of our Licensing team members have been at their positions for more than a year and this reviewer identifies themselves as a "former employee". If this is in fact an agent who mistakenly identified themselves as a "Licensing Coordinator", as well as an "employee" (our agents are contractors), then I apologize for any issues you may have had. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any complaints. We welcome the opportunity to receive constructive feedback! -Alisha Leavelle, ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com

No ping pong table like the suggestion, but lots of commissions
agent (Current Employee) –  macungie, paApril 19, 2017
I've had several sales positions before and I enjoy this one the most. I make my own hours and work whenever I can. Their training was helpful and even though I'm an experienced agent, I believe I am better at my job than I was previously. I like selling over the phone, and I enjoy that more than driving to appointments like I have in the past. My income is agreeable and I make more than just a good living. I'm comfortable in my position here and I hope to be a long term agent. I would recommend any experienced agent give it a try- there's no cold calling (although there are of course bad leads sometimes), no appointments and no walking into someone's creepy house.
Pros
No driving, free leads, good commissions, make your own hours.
Cons
No benefits, full commission, "dry" days with bad leads occassionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ideal Concepts, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2