Ideal Concepts, Inc.

United States75 reviews
Featured review
Ideal Concepts, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Strong, ethical sales organization
Technology is fast and inuiative, strong compliance angle to all sales, focus on the client, helping people, similar ethical background as me, good compensation considering the free leads, cool sales management team, interesting work talking with all kinds of people, top agency with a lot of the top insurance carriers in the country, they are good at finding products that are necessary and help clients, very focused on client relationships, work when you have time, now have some guaranteed pay, listen to their agents and care about their opinions.

Great job introducing the cash program! This is a game changer. No guaranteed pay has been the one negative for the longest time so thank you for listening to your agents and introducing this program!
Pros
Everything I said above, listen to their agents, care about their agents, employees and clients
Cons
1099, pay your own taxes, work from home (which is great but also can be difficult)
Nice easy job. Very friendly to others. Very patient with subs and what not. It was convenient for me and I should have kept it to be honest. But I'm in the works of new one
Toxic environment
They dont communicate at all whatsoever. The managers throw you under the bus for no reason at all. They're training is basically making you figure everything out on your own.
Cons
Run fast from this company
Very deceptive company. Leads are the worse in the market. You can wait 15-20 mins to even get an answering machine. Same lead sold to hundreds of other company since they buy from a lead source. Most leads never made any request and the leads are so old. And if you don't meet their quota of 20 ins. and 20 SureMed - which is their supplemental garbage ins.sale per month you get let go without warning. Invest hundreds of dollars and mislead by the number of non-resident state license you have to purchase to make any money. No renewal income, low commission split and very poor functioning technology. Stay away unless you have lots of money to spend and make very little money back and back your head against the wall to get someone to speak with that is remotely interested in purchasing insurance. Agent will also poach your clients that you are working with.
Pros
Autodialer
Cons
Garbage leads, misleading poor management
Great place
You have to put in the work and be strict with yourself. No slacking and the payout is big! - there’s a small start up cost to get rolling, but you can’t make money without investing. Try getting as many licenses as possible little by little.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Deceptive Management
I have been selling Medicare for a over 10 years and I wanted to give that teleremote sales platform a chance. At first the management seems to be on board for your success but then you slowly begin to realize that they make most of their money on the SureMed sales which they tell you to justify the xpense to seniors who qualify for zero premium plans. Of course once they push you out because you haven't sold enough SureJunk plans they keep all your clients and even threaten you if you try to contact them at a later date. Very deceptive management style.
Don't expect to get a weekly paycheck.
In order to make a living, you are REQUIRED to solicit their house product - which is an inferior product and it is expensive. No renewals on policies written.
Run as Fast as You Can Away from this Company
I was contacted by a recruiter for remote medicare sales. I was never told the truth from the beginning. It was over $2000 to get licensed and appointed in all number of required states to be able to be productive and actually have enough interested customers without getting hundreds of repeat dial-outs in the same states. They tell you that only 5 are required but that is not nearly enough to get enough actual closings. On top of that, they terminated all of my appointments with all of my carriers, including major ones like Humana that they didn't even have as a carrier.

On top of that, their management is beyond horrible. If you like being "managed by threat", then this is the job for you. We were constantly told that if we don't hit our numbers of 20 closings a month plus at least 50% cross sell of their horrible SureMed products, we would be terminated. Surmed is their in house product with Hospital Indemnity, Dental and Vision. The Dental is $60 per month plus more for vision for senior citizens and even more for their hospital indemnity insurance. If you have a conscience at all, you can not sell that product to senior citizens that are already on a tight budget as it is. The training was a joke. If you were one minute late, you got screamed at. The trainer was constantly pulled away to other duties. The "National Sales Calls" were always late if they even happened at all and were were constantly told, "we don't know why you aren't getting new leads." The script was super clunky and if you didn't follow it exactly, then you were screamed at by management. And please
November 8, 2019
Hi Agent! Thank you for your feedback. I'm disappointed to hear that our platform didn't fit your needs. I appreciate your honest opinion, and we love hearing feedback from agents: It's the only way we can work to grow and improve!
That being said, I'll take the time to clarify just one or two statements from your review: Start up costs are no where near $2000, although agents are allowed to spend as much as they want or feel necessary. The average state license costs about $60, and we require 5. That's $300. Carrier appointments are an added cost, of course, and those range. I'd say no more than a couple hundred. As with any new business ventures (which is what you're doing as an independent sales agent), there are start up costs associated with doing business. I completely understand these costs being a detriment, but most agents find they are able to pay themselves back these costs within just a few weeks.

I'm not going to dispute everything I disagree with in this review, but I do want to clarify for any agents reading this that we do NOT terminate any appointments with carriers. We do require you to transfer appointments for carriers we sell. Since we are supplying 100% of your leads, I think it's fair that we get paid on the business you sell. That's the whole structure of our platform! :-)

I'm sorry that at home sales agent didn't fit your lifestyle. You're totally right- it can be discouraging to hear "no", and talk to people who don't really want to talk to you. But I can assure you, we are 100% TCPA and CMS compliant in our lead generation- that means that we are NEVER
 - more...
Great place to work with caring managers who work closely with agents
Pros: Caring managers who want you to do your best and be your best, useful sales training, great selection of various carriers from Obamacare to Short Term health and even Christian health plans if that's your thing, beneficial bonus programs, make your own hours, work as much as you want, helpful staff (shout out ot the licensing team who is the best!), great programs for contests, friendly staff, really focused on making agents successful. The only thing they seem to care about is helping clients and making agents money, which I'm fine with. That's the only things I care about either! This was a great fit for me and I hope I'm here for a long time.
November 8, 2019
Thanks for your great review, Agent! Be sure to reach out to me with any helpful feedback on how we can improve. Alisha Leavelle (ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com)
Horrible lead program!
The recruiter promises leads, but once you jump through all of their hoops and finish a 40 weeks worth of unpaid training, you are expected to handle the customers their computers are calling over and over, and over again throughout the day. Most customers that come through are so mad about the amount of calls, they wouldn't purchase health insurance from you even if they needed it. Another downfall of this company is they do not offer all the healthcare companies available in each state, making it even harder to make a sale! Do Not believe the recruiter when accepting this position. It is a huge waste of time.
August 27, 2019
Thank you for your review Agent! We appreciate all feedback. I'm sorry our sales platform did not live up to your expectations.
I just have to quickly clarify- you were not an employee as we have no employee agents. Also, we don't have a lead program. We have sales technology, and we provide all leads, but there is no "program."

Again, I'm sorry things didn't work out. We do have hundreds of successful agents who would argue against your feedback, but I understand every individuals' experience is subject to their own background and skills. Feel free to reach out with any constructive feedback on how we can improve our sales platform! -Alisha Leavelle (ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com)
Excellent company with positive trend upwards
Long term training, fast and cutting edge technology, unmatched support in this industry. Ability to run your own business, make your own decisions and schedule, with virtually no overhead.
Pros
Everything I said below and more. Collaborative environment with hard working sales managers.
Cons
You're an independent agent- you have to work. If you don't put the time in, you're not going to make money. But as long as you get on, and answer calls, you'll make sales.
August 27, 2019
Thanks for the review, Agent! Just have to clarify- we don't have employee agents. That being said, I'm so glad you are benefiting from our platform. Keep up the great work! -Alisha Leavelle
InsureTech company looking to make waves in the industry
Great benefits, my H1B is sponsored, it is a supportive work environment focused on technology, training and learning. There are opportunities to move forward. The work is mostly interesting, and I am doing a lot of things which I might not be allowed to do elsewhere on my level. People are friendly and inviting. The atmosphere of the company is hard working. I am friends with everyone in Engineering, and all of us are transplants.
Pros
Sponsored my H1B, free health insurance, dental/vision, accident, life, critical illness, 401k, Hsa $, monthly birthday potlucks, company events like parties
Cons
Nothing I can think of.
August 27, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! Be sure to reach out with any suggestions on how we can improve our workplace even more. -Alisha Leavelle (ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com)
Contractor making a comfortable living doing what I love
Great team, motivating sales managers, kind coworkers, intelligent staff, free leads, free CRM, free calls, free education, free everything lol

The negatives: contract position so no base salary, no guaranteed paid.

That's the one way they could improve their platform is to offer an employee sales position. I'd take it in a heart beat, even if it meant making less.
August 27, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Agent! As you pointed out, we don't have employee agents, but it is something we've considered and will continue to consider in the future. -Alisha Leavelle
Top Workplace in the Lehigh Valley, Fastest Growing Company, Inc. 5000 List
There's a reason they've earned all the titles in my headline: This is hands down the best opportunity I've ever had as an independent agent. They have the best tech, I love my manager, and all the staff is friendly and hard working. I've always been a big proponent of insurance, and in this place, I get to sell insurance over the phone to people across the country. I help protect people for a living.
Pros
Top technology, friendly staff, hard working employees, selling top products, good commission, free leads
Cons
1099, no health insurance (I buy my own and earn a commission lol), pay my own taxes, work by myself, etc.
July 12, 2019
Thank you for your kind words, Agent! I'm glad you take pride in all the awards and recognition we've won, but having agents like you be achieve success is the true testament to our success. -Alisha Leavelle
Fun place to work, Good energy, everyone helps eachother
I have been at IDC for a few months and it has been awesome! My director is very understanding and flexible, the hours are between 7:30am-6:30pm (9-hour shift, 1-hour lunch) and there is flex time (give you 30 minutes then considered late, so if you start at 8am, and you're stuck in traffic and do not get to work until 815, you are not considered late, but you will need to make up that 15 minutes), allows for makeup time, have company events like picnics, iron pigs games, etc. My team is very collaborative and if you need help from anyone, people here are always willing to help. The only downside really is although the pay is decent, we are salaried, therefore there is no overtime pay. I do like that we get paid weekly, though. The company-paid benefits make up for what I am no longer spending for benefits out of my salary.
Pros
company-paid health, vision, dental benefits, flex time, make-up time, monthly birthday potlucks, friendly culture
Cons
no overtime
June 7, 2019
Thank you for your review! I'm so happy to hear that you value the benefits, culture and team atmosphere we've worked so hard to cultivate. Glad to have you on the team!! Please reach out with any suggestions on how we can make Ideal Concepts an even better place to work! -Alisha Leavelle (ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com)
Na
They don’t care about employees. Each department has different rules. Not organized at all. Every day is a cluster and they only like you if you work over 40 hrs.
June 7, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! I'm so sorry to hear you weren't happy here.
I am confused as you identify yourself as an "Assistant Manager" and "Former Employee", but we haven't had any Assistant Managers leave in such a long time- at least a year.

I'm confused why you would feel that we have different "rules" for each department, as we have company policies that are universal. I'm sorry to hear that you felt we were disorganized. As a rapidly growing company, we have experienced some growing pains, but I think we are handling them quickly and with as much grace and positivity as we can muster.

I'm also sorry to hear you felt that we "like" our employees to work more than 40 hours. Our full time employees are expected to work full time hours only. We do not have overtime and therefore would never expect anyone to work more than 40 hours, and in fact, have very few employees who do, and usually only in extreme cases on important projects.

Good luck in your job search! I hope you've found a company whose culture more closely aligns with your own personal goals! :-) -Alisha Leavelle
Sales agent for Health Insurance
Excellent System for writing health insurance the phone for clients.
The company does Push its reps to Sell their Sure-Med to clients. This product does not follow my beliefs in helping clients to the fullest level. Pricing is very high and advantages included are low.Your sales and performance are gaged only by selling Sure-Med, not health insurance. Sure-Med is a major money earner for the company and not health insurance sales. With the company if you do Not believe in their supplement and therefore do not add it to health insurance sales, they will terminate you.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Sure-Med
June 7, 2019
Thanks for your 5 star review, Agent! I'm so happy you enjoy working from home and value our intricate SalesRadix platform.
I'm sorry to hear you did not value selling our supplementary insurance products. I will have to clarify that yes, you are correct, supplemental insurance products are not health insurance. We would never expect you to sell them as a replacement for health insurance. In fact, we expect supplemental products to be cross sold WITH a health insurance product. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to cross sell supplemental products, as health insurance, as I'm sure you know, has so many holes today. A $7500 deductible does not protect a client from financial ruin, but a $7500 deductible plan sold with $7500 in accident and critical illness coverage does help protect them! In addition, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that major medical insurance commissions are so low nowadays, it's impossible to live on those alone. You need supplemental insurance commissions as much as clients need supplemental insurance! :-) Have a great day! Alisha Leavelle
lead quality suspect/medicare sales
technology the best, products very good. but be prepared to call on same person multiple times a day who have voice mail multiple times that day, along with a whole bunch of other agents. have to make lots of calls to get to buyers. biggest obstacle. most people have answering machines today. you may actually only talk to a couple of people a day. after initial training you are on your own, management not really supportive after that. this is a huge market that has a big need, dont know if this is the best way to reach market.
Pros
dont have to dial phone
Cons
lead quality poor, definitely not exclusive leads
April 1, 2019
Hey Agent! (I assume agent, even though it says "Former employee" and we have no employee agents.) I'm so glad to hear that you valued our technology and our products! We work very hard to give agents cutting-edge technology and the best products out there. :-)
Sorry to hear you weren't successful on our platform with our leads. If you'd like more help from management, please reach out to me directly. We have a lot of very successful Medicare agents, using the same platform and leads as you, and we want every agent to be as successful as possible. I'm sure our managers would love to work more closely with you. Email me any time! ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com. - Alisha
Waste of time and money
It will take a few months to get from the recruiter until you are ready to sell. During this time you must buy multiple state licenses and your own errors and omissions insurance. A very serious investment for an agent. $$$.

Once you are ready to sell you find out that they provide you with low quality internet leads that they buy from lead seller's. And pass them off as free leads. Not a true statement, they pay a lower commission and keep all the renewals. Which is how you pay for them.

Their dialer is very disorganized and full of problems.

It will take several months before you get paid

You must also sell their discount club memberships on each call.

I gave it my best effort but realized my mistake in signing up with them.

I do not recommend
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Everything else, lowered commissions, leads, management
March 4, 2019
Hey agent! I'm glad you enjoyed working from home. I'm sorry to hear you did not do well on our platform. It says "former employee"- I assume you meant "former contractor", but either way, I'm glad you've moved on to something that better suits your selling style and lifestyle! Our platform isn't for everyone, and we would never want someone to be on our platform if they weren't able to be successful.
We'll have to agree to disagree regarding leads and compensation- we have hundreds of agents who are very satisfied with our compensation. Our leads are generated from a plethora of sources, including our own online, print, mailer, & social media marketing, warm call transfers, etc. All of this is provided to you free of charge, and experienced agents usually understand the value of free, qualified leads vs. pounding the pavement and knocking on doors.

I do have to refute your statement that it takes several months to get paid. This is incorrect. Obviously compensation payment is dependent on product and carrier, and obviously we have no control of that. We pay agents as soon as we are paid. For ACA plans, unfortunately, especially 1/1 effective plans, it could take some time as carriers are slow to pay everyone. However, ancillary plans sometimes pay out as quickly as the following week!

We also do not have a "discount club membership", although I think perhaps you're referring to the various supplemental benefits offered through an association membership, and we do not "require" you to sell any products. We do encourage agents to sell supplemental products as health insurance
 - more...
Exciting sales organization with an ethical approach to insurance sales
I previously worked for an organization that play a little fast and loose with health insurance sales laws and I'm glad to be away from it, although I do hear grumbles from other agents sometimes about how strict Ideal is on compliance.
Everyone here works hard- from licensing to commissions to adminsitration to sales management to agents. I love that I am surrounded by that kind of work ethic.
Pros
Very compliant, structured training, free leads, supportive staff, knowledgeable managers, room for growth (into management), excited administrative team who is happy to help agents, ethical approach to sales, very above board.
Cons
1099 independent contactor with no base pay or benefits, Long hours during Open Enrollment. Slow days during the dead of summer.
January 28, 2019
Thank you for your review, Agent! I'm so glad to hear from an agent who appreciates our strict compliance standards and excited, hard working staff! Feel free to reach out directly with any suggestions on how we can improve- Alisha Leavelle (ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com)
Horrible experience
Run away fast. 1099 position with no base , no benefits and no hope of covering your bills. I have 15 years of Medicare experience. Don't buy the bull that you will talk to 20-30 qualified leads a day. They all qualify to buy overpriced dental and vision but not to buy Medicare products.It sounded like4 the perfect job but it was a nightmare and with bills piling up I had to bail. Didn't make enough in 6 weeks to cover the cost to get started.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Worthless leads that were always promised to improve
January 17, 2019
Sorry opportunity didn't work out for you agent! We have many Medicare agents who are very successful, so perhaps this just wasn't the right fit for you. You are right though- this is a 1099 contractor position. We're very upfront about that. Have a great day! -Alisha Leavelle
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ideal Concepts, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.