Ideal Concepts, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work!
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 4, 2018
I went from working for a multi-billion dollar company to working for Ideal Concepts. It was a night and day difference. When I worked for the big corporate company I felt like I did not make a difference and I was not important. I was overlooked and under paid. When I came to Ideal Concepts, I get recognized for all of my hard work. People notice what I do and I get appreciated! Our company has company outings and are appreciated daily. Plus the upper management is extremely helpful in building your career. Plus they pay a lot more than other companies in the area. This place was the best decision I ever made.
Pros
Company Outings, free healthcare, 401k, free coffee/soda/water, staff that cares
Cons
None!
September 5, 2018

What kind words! Thank you for your detailed review. I'm glad you're enjoying your time at Ideal Concepts and I hope we continue to meet/exceed your expectations! -Alisha Leavelle

Geat Place to work
Health/Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2018
I worked remotely for the company. It was a great experience and a fantastic way to keep making money with an active lifestyle.
Health insurance sales takes a ton of dedication to knowing the product and putting forth the time needed to run a home office.
Pros
Time management, Work/life balance
Cons
Remote managing and coaching, Remote pay issues hard to fix over email/phone, No set sales process
January 17, 2019

Thanks for your honest opinion, Agent! I'm very confused by the "no set sales process." We actually have a lot of different processes in place, depending on the clients' needs and what products you want to sell. We even have a great process in place for determining what product would be best for them to sell. Feel free to reach out directly with more description feedback- ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com.

WARNING - most of the reviews are definitely phony
Telephone Sales Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 31, 2018
Overall, the leads are totally worthless. Management is odious. There is no way you can make the kind of money that they tell you when they recruit you. Absolutely the worst Job I ever had. They force you to cross-sell another product with Medicare Advantage. If you leave voluntarily, or involuntarily, they will NOT release you from your carriers. Consequently, you cannot work in the insurance industry for a long time. READ THEIR CONTRACT VERY CAREFULLY. It is the most abusive, restrictive, onerous, and bizarre contract you can possibly imagine. READ THEIR CONTRACT VERY, VERY, CAREFULLY, and then run away from this Company as fast as you can. Believe me, there are much better places to sell Insurance.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
They force you to sell another product with Medicare Advantage
January 17, 2019

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, Agent. I'm sure our 3,500 other contracted agents would disagree with your assessment, especially the ones who wrote the reviews you are accusing of being fake.
I would like to clear up one thing- we do NOT refuse to release anyone. As a Medicare agent, you should know that most (if not all) Medicare carriers refuse transfers during AEP, and therefore, it is outside of our control. In addition, you're required to clear out your balance before transferring- obviously it wouldn't be ethical to rack up thousands of dollars in chargebacks and then leave before those are paid. I hope you're doing well at your new position! -Alisha Leavelle

Contract Commission only Job
Licensed Insurance Agent Producer (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 20, 2018
If you can endure a commission only position then this could be the place for you. But if you're not then be weary of this contractor type job. There are no benefits and commissions are paid sporadically and inconsistently making it hard to count on money to pay your bills. Charge backs, like all insurance jobs make it hard to continue. Licensing can be very expensive and you have to pay everything yourself because you're a contractor. The company would be better if they paid a base salary though, even if it was say $12 an hour it would then be worth staying and working there. The people are nice and most are supportive and encouraging though.
Pros
Good and supportive licensing and most admin people.
Cons
Inconsistent commission pay
January 17, 2019

Hi Agent! Thank you for your review. You're right- this is a contract position and therefore requires a certain type of person with a strong work ethic and lots of self motivation. Not everyone fits that bill!
I know some people would prefer to be paid less in order to have a base salary, but that's not the type of opportunity we want to offer. Our platform allows our top agents to earn double or triple the amount of an employee agent with a base salary.
Our commissions are paid as soon as we're paid by the carrier. You're right, not every carrier is consistent, but overall, most are on the same cycle- ACA can take months to pay out, but supplemental policies pay pretty quickly. Thanks again for this helpful review! -Alisha Leavelle

Horrible experience
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTDecember 26, 2018
Run away fast. 1099 position with no base , no benefits and no hope of covering your bills. I have 15 years of Medicare experience. Don't buy the bull that you will talk to 20-30 qualified leads a day. They all qualify to buy overpriced dental and vision but not to buy Medicare products.It sounded like4 the perfect job but it was a nightmare and with bills piling up I had to bail. Didn't make enough in 6 weeks to cover the cost to get started.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Worthless leads that were always promised to improve
January 17, 2019

Sorry opportunity didn't work out for you agent! We have many Medicare agents who are very successful, so perhaps this just wasn't the right fit for you. You are right though- this is a 1099 contractor position. We're very upfront about that. Have a great day! -Alisha Leavelle

Could be better
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 17, 2018
Ideal concepts was okay at first, I still love the environment, the people are friendly and it is very relaxed but management could be better, the changes lately have been very unprofessional and you do not get compensated for the work that you do. The hours are fine, butt he pay is horrible.
Pros
health benefits, pto
Cons
management, poor salary, sometimes unorganized.
January 28, 2019

Hi! I'm so glad you enjoy the environment, your coworkers, our generous PTO schedule and health benefits. I am very surprised to hear you're a "current employee" when you have a negative view of management and salary. We don't want any of our employees to stay in their positions if they are unhappy.
We will have to agree to disagree on the salary assessment- if you do the research, our customer service representatives salaries are actually well above market average. Add in the generous PTO, full health, dental, vision, critical illness, accident and life insurance coverage, 401k matching, and HSA company contributions, and we're one of the top customer service opportunities in the Valley! Thanks again for your review- Alisha Leavelle

Great company, supportive management
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Princeton, TXJune 21, 2018
A typical day at work is dialing from your home office at least 8 hours a day, using a very advanced dialing system that gives you free leads all day long. Yes, you have to go through a lot of leads to make a sale, but if utilize the system and follow the instructions, you will succeed!

Like any job where you make good money, you do have to work hard. Expect to put in at least 40 hours a week to make decent money. Management is very supportive - the assistant sales managers are your go-to for questions and issues and they are very knowledgeable. My ASM's name is Sam and he is the absolute best. Always responsive, encouraging and adds humor to uplift my day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with chargebacks - they are bound to happen with any insurance commission based job, but you do have to stay on top of them and make sure you write enough business to stay ahead of them. Again, you have to treat this like a full time job. Part time hours will not do it.

This is your own business, so you can be flexible with your hours, which is great! It has enabled me to take care of my elderly mother, who lives with me, doctor appointments, etc. I love working from home!
Pros
Free leads, generous commission
Cons
chargebacks
June 28, 2018

Thanks for the detailed review, agent! Great to hear such positive words about Assistant Sales Manager Sam. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to his manager. Again, thanks for your review. I hope it gives potential agents a honest look at what it means to be a remote health insurance sales agent! -Alisha Leavelle

Caring managers who want you to sell, sell, sell
Sales (Current Employee) –  Slatington, PAMay 30, 2018
As with any health insurance job right now, this is extremely competitive with a focus on closing sales and cross selling multiple products. It can be done successfully, as long as you follow their program, utilize their sales tech, and work hard.
Pros
Smart, caring managers who want you to do your best, Free leads, Work from home, Make your own hours, Spanish leads available.
Cons
1099, inbound and outbound calls, work alone at home.
June 28, 2018

Hi Agent! Thank you for your realistic view of our platform. I'm glad to hear that you find our managers caring and our tech and other benefits useful. You're definitely right that being a 1099 remote worker can be hard. Thanks again for your review! -Alisha Leavelle

Great sales platform!
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 10, 2018
I joined this team after being referred by a friend and I'm glad I did. They offer good compensation, but the best part is the tech and the free leads. The company cares deeply about offering great products to clients, and making sure they have the best sales platform for agents. Management takes suggestions and offers explanations when they don't. Everyone seems to work hard, so it's a "practice what you preach" situation, since they encourage agents to work full time. Great training which was super useful to a new agent.
Pros
Free tech/leads/support/training etc.
Cons
1099 so no base or benefits.
January 12, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Agent! Make sure to reach out directly with any suggestions. -Alisha Leavelle (ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com)

New to the team but glad I'm here!
Marketing and Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMarch 1, 2018
Just joined the team late last year and I'm still figuring things out but I'm glad I'm here. I had been looking for an independent position that would allow me the flexibility to make my own hours and have complete control over my income, and I def found it. The hard part is motivating yourself to work, but the sales managers are great at helping you. I'm learning a lot and making money, and I expect to get better and better over the next year. I fully expect to break the 6 figure mark in my second year!
Pros
Great management team, caring individuals, helpful, thoughtful, motivating, good compensation, free marketing
Cons
1099, chargebacks, irate/irrational clients are part of the biz

Comment – March 2, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Agent! Glad to have you on the team. Be sure to send us suggestions as you run across them! -Alisha Leavelle

A Team Atmosphere You Won't Find Anywhere Else
Content Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 4, 2018
At Ideal Concepts, you won't be treated like a number. Instead, you'll have coworkers and managers who care about you and your career goals. It’s refreshing to see everyone working hard and communicating to ensure we achieve our mission.
Pros
Free coffee and soda, comfy desk chairs, great location.
September 5, 2018

Glad you enjoy our comfy desk chairs! :-P Thank you for your kind review. I hope you continue to enjoy your time with Ideal Concepts! -Alisha Leavelle

I love this job!
Licensed insurance agent specializing in Medicare (Current Employee) –  Alamo, TXJune 6, 2018
First of all I have been 1099 most of my sales career so as far as benefits are concerned, I am not used to having them. Having said that I would be less likely to recommend someone from coming to Ideal Concepts for fear of spoiling a good thing than the other way around. The other agents are all very chill...and no one is a shark! Management is unbelievably supportive and the marketing department does a great job! We offer great products and present them in an honest and forthright way. Our job is to sell but never at the expense of what is best for the customer.

This is a place to work if you take pride in what you do, because the company sure makes every effort to give you every tool possible to succeed.

The company "feeds" you leads through a proprietary system everyday and you sift through them to find the diamonds. The more you do it though the better you become as a problem solver and that increases your closing rate. I hesitate to even imagine the cost of the leads I work through on a daily basis if I had to pay for them myself...but they have found a way to make it work. No we are not order takers...we have to work the leads and sometimes they are not overly receptive at first, but if you are a good rapport builder, you will get good leads every day! I have had leads that had blown every other agent off the phone only to let me help them to determine the best solutions for them and enroll them! All of us here have had that experience routinely!

So if you are just an average agent that can only write business that falls into your lap...this probably is not
  more... the right gig for you. However if you take pride in your craft, and are a strong communicator looking for a company that lets you determine your own level of success, Ideal concepts will probably be a good fit!

It was for me!
Pros
Flexibility, managerial support, marketing, licensing assistance
Cons
They did not give me a private jet
June 28, 2018

Hi Agent! I'm sorry to hear we were not able to fulfill all of your expectations: i.e. private jet! :-P Thank you for your honest and detailed review. I believe potential agents will find the information you provided very useful. I completely agree with you: hard work and talent is necessary to be successful in our platform, but I hope that we continue to provide all the support you need to do so! Thanks again, Alisha Leavelle

Make what you want to make with all the support you need
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 21, 2017
From my first interview to now, Ideal Concepts, Inc has been nothing but a blessing for me and my family. I have had jobs in insurance that gave me promises of making great money, yet they never lived up to there promises. Ideal Concepts, Inc has been the exact opposite. They are very straightforward as far as what they expect from you and how they will give you all the tools you’ll need to be successful. As long as you work your business you will succeed with this company. I would even say you are GUARANTEED to succeed due to the tremendous marketing they do to provide FREE LEADS and also all the technology and support from management to ensure your success. If you are looking for a lasting career I am pleased and honor to say you will find it with this company.
Pros
Make your own hours, make your own income, it’s your own business
Cons
None.
January 8, 2018

Hi Agent! Thank you for your kind words. Please feel to reach out with any suggestions! We want you to continue to be happy here! -Alisha Leavelle

BS Factory
Agent (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 2, 2019
From my initial interview, I was disappointed. The recruiter missed several scheduled interviews, and I had to call and email constantly to have an initial 10-15 minute talk.
Weak leads and they want you to be a captive agent, stay away.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Everything else
January 17, 2019

I'm sorry to hear this about your recruiting experience. If you'll reach out to me directly with feedback, I can pass along your suggestions for improvement to our Recruiting Manager. We require exclusivity since we are providing 100% of your leads, sales technology, administrative support, training, etc. We'll have to agree to disagree about the leads- there are hundreds of other agents who do just fine with our leads. Many of those agents have been with us for years, making a fantastic living. Feel free to email me any constructive suggestions: ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com

Dedicated management team devotated to helping you become a better sales professional
Broker Agent (Current Employee) –  Bath, PAMarch 29, 2018
Professional, caring management team committed to creating an educational, nurturing environment for sales brokers.
Amazing, quick, useful technology that is always improving.
Loyal and hard working support staff.
A variety of carriers with a ton of products.
Intelligent CEO well-known in the insurance industry who always strives to do what's best for the company and the agents.
Pros
Free marketing, free sales technology, free training, free support
Cons
Must have the ability to deal with disgruntled clients, just like any telesales job, must be able to budget like any business owner
April 4, 2018

Thanks for the review, Agent! Great advice to potential agents! -Alisha Leavelle

Amazing Opportunity!!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAApril 5, 2018
I love Ideal Concepts. When I first interviewed here a few years back I thought this is too good to be true but Everything was laid out for me to be successful, they mean what they say! I make a ton of money here and I’m never going anywhere. I worked in a bank prior to this for 10 years and made the change due to healthcare reform(Obamacare) to come on board with Ideal Concepts because I saw a huge earning potential and Man was I right! This is the best place I ever worked for. Our CEO and Management is awesome and very supportive, along with back office support and our commissions team of course. We’re paid weekly and my check is always something to look forward to. They do not rip you off or sell you a dream like most of these Insurance Compaines. LEADS ARE REALLY FREE ALSO! Our salesradix CRM system is the best Ive ever come across with no monthly cost to use. I feel very secure in my position here and I’m very thankful to be able to have this opportunity to be apart of this amazing team here at Idealconcepts. Thank you, everyone!! Keep up the great work!!!
Pros
You choose your Hours, Your your own boss, work from home, Awesome Management team
April 9, 2018

Wow, what a great review! I'm glad that Ideal Concepts has provided you with a great opportunity and living. We're lucky to have someone so obviously dedicated on our team. If you have any suggestions to make things even better, please reach out to me directly at ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com. We work hard to constantly improve our system, so feedback from current agents is crucial! -Alisha Leavelle

A waste of time
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJune 14, 2018
I had 15 years of Medicare insurance experience I was told 20 to 30 eligible leads a day. The only thing they were eligible for is the dental vision discount card No stand alone vision. The leads are people who go to a website looking for a quote and only get their info sold to companies like Ideal concepts. These people have no idea dozens of agents will call them no stop to try and sell something. I spent nearly $800 to get appointed and set up my home office. In 6 weeks I only managed to sell 5 total applications and got paid for 3 of them. I would have stuck with it as they promised the turning 65 leads we got after they turned 65 would be fixed. I had no choice but to get an hourly wage job to try and hang onto my house. If you have another source of income to get you to the 6 week open enrollment give it a whirl. If not don't fall for the sales pitch and invest in something else.
Pros
They do want you to be successful
Cons
1099 no safty net no just pie in the sky promises of endless qualified leads
June 28, 2018

Hi Agent! Thanks for your review. You're right: we do want you to be successful! I'm sorry to hear that we didn't get you there. 1099 full commissions jobs aren't for everyone, and I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Feel free to reach out with any suggestions: ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com. -Alisha Leavelle

Caution - most of these reviews are fake
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Based on my experience nobody except the CEO thinks this is a perfect place to work. It is not. The leads are not great but to be fair the technology is pretty good. Also, the assistant manager was really good to work with. Smart, cool guy and very helpful. However, the thing that you cannot see on these reviews is that the CEO is adamant about you reading a script from beginning to end on every call! Imagine that! Read the script, read the script, read the script!!!! Blah, blah, blah. This is not how you sell ANYTHING.
Agonizing, agonizing, AGONIZING!! I quit my job, built an office at home and bought all new computers, etc... For a job that lasted three months. As it turns out, unless you can read a script (and sell) stay far away from this piece of excrement.
Pros
decent training, good technology
Cons
Read the script stupid. Oh, yeah and sell too (NOT)
February 12, 2018

Hi Agent! First of all, let me thank you for your positive review of our technology, training, and management team! I’m glad you found those aspects of our platform valuable; we work very hard to make sure we have the best of all of those three things!
I'm not going to engage most of your other accusations in this review, as I think it's pretty obvious to anyone reading that you purposely used inflammatory, juvenile, and unprofessional language.
That being said, I would like to respond to your one main complaint: Scripts. Not sure if you’re aware, but for Medicare, scripts are not a CEO requirement as you repeatedly state, but a CMS requirement. Not only are the scripts required by CMS law, CMS actually reviews and approves our scripts. If you do not read the script, you are going against CMS required guidelines and breaking the law. So in general, you’re correct: Our CEO is adamant about following the law.
Your one piece of useful advice is that “Unless you can read a script (and sell)” you should stay away. I’d have to agree. Unless you are willing and able to follow CMS guidelines (and sell), you should stay away from this opportunity! :-) Thank you for your feedback- Alisha Leavelle

Ideal Concepts is the future of insurance sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PASeptember 18, 2017
Ideal Concepts has created the ultimate individual insurance sales package for agents: free leads, free sales tech, free training, free support. They take a hairline cut of your commissions to cover all of that. For agents afraid of ACA, I don't make my money on Obamacare. I use Obamacare to get in the door, but I make my money on dental, vision, accident, etc.
Pros
Massive income potential, Specialized and intensive training, Quality products, Caring management, High-tech sales technology, Interesting and fun atmosphere, Competitive commissions, Work from home, Make your own hours, Control your income
Cons
1099 contractor position, no guaranteed income
September 19, 2017

Thanks Agent! You've got a great sales strategy and attitude. We're lucky to have agents who value our platform! -Alisha Leavelle

Best insurance opportunity I've found in the industry!
Health Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PASeptember 5, 2017
I'm so glad I ran into Ideal Concepts! This company changed my life, for the better. I was selling life insurance independently, and wary of joining a captive platform, but this company delivers! The health insurance part of it was tricky (transitioning from life to health) but well worth it. The only way I would leave is if I found a company that did this exact thing, only for life insurance, which I enjoy selling more. That being said, rumors are floating that Ideal Concepts will eventually get into life and when they do, I'm hoping aboard that team, because I can't think of anything better!

The one thing that's worrisome is what the government is going to do, but I feel pretty confident in AIO that they will survive and do the best they can do for agents. They have so far!
Pros
1099 position; Control your own income/work hours; Excellent training, support, assistance, technology, leads, management; Great CRM and their own health exchange to make things fast & easy.
Cons
Commission only, no benefits, Obamacare changes are constant and rocky, You have to work full time hours in order to succeed, Start up costs to a commission only job are high
September 18, 2017

Hi Agent!

Thank you for your feedback/review. We love hearing from current agents! We understand the uncertainty agents have about the individual market, and we appreciate your confidence in our ability to pivot and adapt. That's our speciality!

In response to your suggestion on life insurance, it's definitely one of our goals. Expect a life department to be launched within the next few years.

-Alisha Leavelle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ideal Concepts, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ideal Concepts, Inc. Reviews by Location