Ideal Concepts
Happiness rating is 54 out of 100

Ideal Concepts Employee Reviews

Ideal Concepts insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Strong, ethical sales organization

Featured review

Ideal Concepts selected this as a representative review
Technology is fast and inuiative, strong compliance angle to all sales, focus on the client, helping people, similar ethical background as me, good compensation considering the free leads, cool sales management team, interesting work talking with all kinds of people, top agency with a lot of the top insurance carriers in the country, they are good at finding products that are necessary and help clients, very focused on client relationships, work when you have time, now have some guaranteed pay, listen to their agents and care about their opinions. Great job introducing the cash program! This is a game changer. No guaranteed pay has been the one negative for the longest time so thank you for listening to your agents and introducing this program!

Pros

Everything I said above, listen to their agents, care about their agents, employees and clients

Cons

1099, pay your own taxes, work from home (which is great but also can be difficult)

August 14, 2020
Thank you for your review, Agent! We love hearing feedback, and we love implementing changes based on that feedback. Glad to hear that the cash program is working and appreciated. -Alisha Leavelle

Great company

PROS: Hard working and caring staff- overall great team. They are good at waht they do and everyone seems to want you and everyone around them to succeed. I feel like I'm valued and not just another agent. Compensation is ok, leads are ok, you just have to have the drive to sit on th ephone and sell all day.

Pros

Staff and sales managers are great

Cons

1099. Taxes. Customers who aren't nice. Hearing no all th etime. No benefits.

Self-Employment with Employee Support

I work with the under 65 division of Ideal Concepts. Their model really helps the agents that are looking to get into the field with structure, advanced commission, and support through chat, calls and literature. If you are a seasoned agent that doesn't need the extra support, then amount of work you put in really is seen in what you get back. I get new business commission paid weekly and renewal commission paid monthly. With support comes compliance to help you not make the rookie mistakes and to grow as an independent agent. I started with 8 licenses and dedicated myself to getting more licenses with each check. I now have 16 licenses and average 200 calls or more in 8 hours. Open Enrollment and Special Enrollment- expect to take advantage to these opportunities and SELL, SELL, SELL.

Pros

Self-employed Be Your Own Boss, Support, Cash Flow Advancement, Technology provided to manage clients, licensing support to manage all carrier appointments, Excellent carriers

Cons

Pay you own taxes, must be able to handle being NO

Intense micro managing working remotely

The good. The provide incoming calls most of the day but they force you to follow a script which made me feel very limited. After each sale which was recorded, they would complete an intense review of every word you said ( my first evaluation was 11 pages of comments ) which were not constructive at all. In fact, they threaten to fire you. They don’t pay renewal commissions which is why most people become agents. Grew to dislike management who was not readily available when needed. The job sounded good but all that glitters is not gold.

Pros

Free leads working in multiple states

Cons

Management, delayed Medicare payments, scripting calls

Excellent work home life balance(work from home)

Overall I couldn't be happier with this employer, they do everything in their power to help you succeed! However, it is a commission only, sales job and after a few years sales gets to wear on you! I am in need of a change, but this company is great!

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Don't Bother

Work/Life Balance - The leadership in Compliance does not understand the division between home and work life, and will frequently turn this into their subordinates' problem, scheduling long meetings for just before end of day or failing to respond to or acknowledge requests in a timely fashion.Compensation/Benefits - The bare minimum required by the state of PA and not a dollar more should be your expectation here. The health plan is a joke, and the "free SureMed membership" allows them to claim a benefit provided that costs them nearly nothing and is not as robust as an actual supplemental medical plan.Job Security/Advancement - Expect the Sword of Damocles at all times. Reviews of time spent on tasks are frequently inaccurate an do not account for time spent in meetings called by management, resource lack, or incomplete guidance.Management - Management in Compliance has no personnel management experience and it shows. Lack of training, clear guidance, and being held to standards that were not communicated were weekly occurrences.Job Culture - They will tell you this is important to them, right before putting you in isolation from speaking to anyone but management and being yanked all over like a kite in a windstorm. Be sure to give them high scores on that survey for Lehigh Valley's Best Places To Work, though, they'll remind you daily!In short, explore other options for your own sake.

Pros

Temporarily, that many positions are WAH. They are pushing to get back in the office though.

Cons

Health plan coverage is a joke, bested only by calling the leadership there "management".

Boardering On Unethical

If you do not have a soul or don't need to sleep at night, this place is perfect! Aside from the garbage "leads," the few possible sales you get will test your morality, have you on the edge of losing your license and, finding out what your E&O actually does for you.95% of your Medicare calls will be indigent, Medicaid cases that can switch plans 4x a year. You are encouraged to find a benefit like, meal delivery or Lyft rides and BAM! $100 in you pocket. That's about 1/3 what the insurer pays out and, Ideal Concepts keeps any residuals but, no need to worry about renewals because, they'll be switched to another plan next quarter so you can eat the charge back! This is provided you get any calls, at all! Be sure to get the minimum licenses required and speak to the sales manager before adding states because, contracting will lead you to believe their marketing is balanced. It isn't.Be sure to learn Spanish. 30% of people that you can actually help, will need to be transferred to a Spanish speaker. You can 3way a translator, but the call will be 2-3x as long and if you don't close, there goes half your day. Good luck!

Pros

Work from home

Cons

95% Medicaid Marketing for DSNP SEP exploitation

Rewarding if you can hit goal and not be driven crazy by 98%bad leads

I had great management, super nice people. I feel training was good, and if I would have have known the pay would be as good as it was for no more than I did, I'd probably touched it out and just hunkered down and.not let my mind get the best of me. You will work.long and hard most days to call endlessly on a dial, get yelled at and berated but if you are willing to learn, have faith, and go in knowing a bit about the business you do, you will do fine. Take time after your long work to develop your own lead sources with guerrilla marketing and bust your butt. After you get at least 35 states, you can come to work most every weekday, you will do great. Don't let the leads get in your head.

Pros

Money...Money..Good managers, Flexibility, Great system

Cons

Unbelievable drudge of calling on people called a million times.

Awesome support and training

This company has great training and support. You get out of it what you put in to it, Commisions on health insurance is not great, but that lies with the carriers and the industry, not the company.

Pros

Flexible hours, great support from ASMs

Cons

Health insurance overall does not have a lucrative commission structure, you must put in many hours to make a significant income

Leads not that great

I've been with the company about 1 month now. Started off so promising but this has been the slowest OEP I've experienced in the 4yrs I've sold Health Insurance. Not sure if it has to do with the pandemic or if it's just poor quality leads. Most individuals say they never requested information for health insurance. Be prepared to take over 100 calls to only get maybe 1 sale.

Pros

Work your own schedule

Cons

Not the best leads

Jobs at Ideal Concepts

See more jobs

Too good to be true

I have been with Ideal concepts for about 3 months. I was recruited by the company and left a prior insurance job that had more promise than this one. It is a 100% commission job, so keep in mind you will not be compensated for the time you put in. In 3 months I have generally dedicated 40 hours a week to the dialer. In that time I have made about $150 and I don't think I'll even be able to keep that due to a cancelled policy. It took about $600 in start up fees from Errors & Ommissions Insurance, state license fees, and appointment fees. I have been waiting to find a new job because I continued to hear promises of open enrollment being a lucrative time for agents. I was also promised free quality leads with the company. The first week of open enrollment I did see an influx of leads, but they were VERY poor in quality. I'm not sure where this company sources their leads from, but many clients were not even in the market for insurance. And many of the leads are overly marketed, meaning I'd be the 7th person from my company today to contact them and they don't even need insurance. On the first Monday of open enrollment, I made 3 sales, but I wont see that money until January, if the clients follow through with their payments. This first Monday gave me a little hope, I thought I was finally able to do what I came here to do, which is help people in need of insurance, but it just went downhill from there.The rest of the week I didn't even speak with anyone interested in insurance. And commission rates are low. I did start with quite a bit of money saved up incase this job didn't -

Pros

Set your own schedule

Cons

Poor quality, overly marketed leads

December 8, 2020
I'm so sorry you aren't enjoying your time as a contracted agent. You're right, while OEP is a great time to make a lot of sales, you do not get paid on those sales until at least January, because that's when carriers pay out. However, we do have a Cash program that pays agents based on how many hours you work and how many sales you make, so as long as you're working, you're earning money every week. I'm sorry, but $150 in three months is impossible. Not only because of our cash program, but also because we have production requirements in order to receive leads, and earning $150 in commissions wouldn't cut it. Regardless, obviously you have a number of things in this position that make you unhappy here and I'm sorry to hear that. I understand that the opportunity isn't for everyone. Good luck in your job hunt! -Alisha Leavelle

Medicare Sales

Medicare sales aren’t as easy as they use to be. People are more caustics about making changes over the phone. You’re more successful with inbound callas rather than outbound.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Constant rejection

December 9, 2020
Hey Agent! Thank you for your review! You're 100% right, Medicare sales have definitely becoming more difficult. Lots more competition, etc. Which is why it's great to have an FMO supporting you with free marketing and technology! We've greatly expanded our efforts to bring in inbound calls with a number of strategies and I hope you've been able to see the results of those actions. Thanks again for your review! -Alisha Leavelle

Golden Opportunity If You Put In The Effort

I am so grateful to work for this company. They are amazing people and really care about the clients and doing the right thing for everyone. They give wonderful support to grow your business. I am so grateful for leads I don't have to pay for and not having to sell door to door! This is job is great for driven people who want to help their clients!

Pros

Great commission opportunity, don't buy your own leads, work from home, no door to door

Cons

you must hold yourself accountable and manage your time wisely

December 9, 2020
Thank you for your review, Agent! I'm so glad to hear you value our support team, marketing, commissions, and platform. I think your recommendation to agents considering coming on board that they hold themselves accountable and manage their time wisely is great advice! Thanks again for your review- Alisha Leavelle

Effort and dedication

Your effort and dedication will be appreciated by the company. There is a learning curve to overcome, do your best. The managers are always willing to listen and give advice.

Pros

Support and encouragement

Cons

Can often get rude individuals on the phone; staying focused between sales

December 9, 2020
Thanks for your review, agent! I love hearing that our agents value our managers! I do hate hearing that you have to deal with rude clients, but you're right- it's definitely part of any telesales job. Our successful agents are persistent, positive, and focused! Thanks again for your review- Alisha Leavelle

not awful

They aren't completely upfront with what the job really is. It is more of a call center vibe with no hourly pay. You are taking mostly outbound calls to prospects that they send their mailers out to. Most of these prospects really don't want to talk to you and most already have what they want. Not bad if you have all day to sit on a dialer but I would have liked it if they just said flat out what it really was about. They do have good management to try to help back you but if you don't have all day to make calls then you wont make any money at all.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

On dialer for hours with possibly no income

December 9, 2020
Thank you for your review agent! It's great to hear you value our management team. I'm so sorry to hear that you feel mislead about what the position is. Our ad says "Connect with company provided leads to sell health and life insurance products." It also very clearly states that it is a full commission job, which means that you don't make any money if you don't make any sales. It is your job to "sit on a dialer all day", but it is our job is to make sure we get you the best marketing and sales technology. I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel that we fulfill our end of that arrangement, but I'm optimistic that you've found Open Enrollment to be a profitable time. Otherwise, I'm hopeful that you've found a position that is less of a call center arrangement and more tailored to your needs. Thanks again for your review! -Alisha Leavelle

My First Insurance Job

I feel very fortunate to have joined this organization. As a new agent, they have been extremely patient and helpful. The leads are good. Lots of calls in a day, and you just got to get to the one or two that are a sale. Great culture. Flexible hours.

December 9, 2020
This is so great to hear! Thanks for your review agent. I hope you're doing well! -Alisha Leavelle

Warning

I'm telling you now, Do NOT work for this company! I was selling and not even paid for the entire month of Oct and Sept in 2019. They basically want you selling their ancillary product and IF you sell enough units THEN you get your commissions. Do not work for these crooks, please.

December 9, 2020
Hi agent! Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our platform. I do have to say that there is no way that you wouldn't be paid on business for an entire two months. Especially considering our Cash program, where as long as you're working, you receive money similar to an advance. It's just not physically possible for you to not be paid. As for ancillary products, again, you get paid on anything you sell, and these products pay out much quicker than MA or Med Supp products. I do notice that you said you worked here in 2019, so perhaps the major changes we've made over the past year are working better. If you're interested, we always consider previously contracted agents. It may be worth another look to see what changes we've made! Otherwise, good luck with your job search! -Alisha Leavelle

Terrible place run

These people are terribly unprofessional and will hurt your insurance sales career. They will get you appointed and then not give you a release when you leave. They are crooks and liars from the top to the bottom.

Pros

nothin

Cons

Everything about them is crooked.

August 21, 2020
Hi Michael! After speaking with Anthem, they were able to provide proof that you were terminated with them and us in all states since 2017 for non payment of appointment fees. Further investigation on their end showed that you only asked for a termination on August 12 (the same day you wrote this review), and they mistakenly told you that your Kentucky appointment was still with us. You emailed us on August 12, and received a (unnecessary) release from us on August 12. The same day you wrote this review. So saying that you were not given a release when you leave is misguided at the least, purposely misleading at the most. I hope you are satisfied with your results and good luck in your job search!

August 14, 2020
Hi Michael! As you never actually written a piece of business for us, I do believe this disqualifies you to post feedback as a former agent, much less former employee. Additionally, you were sent a release on the same day we received your request. Prior to this week, we never once received a release request from you or any carriers in regards to your appointments.Additionally, most carriers grant releases without an agency's approval after 6 months of non-production. Since you haven't been with us since 2017, I can't image that they'd be holding your appointment with us. We never hold appointments hostage, and grant releases whenever they a requested, as long as there are no pending chargebacks. I'm glad we got this fixed as soon as it came to our attention. Please reach out with any other concerns- ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com

My time in purgatory.

Compliance department has endless, ceaseless, unexplained changes to process and procedures, as though they are groping in the dark for the answer. Never ending revolving door of sales agents, discouraged by labyrinth like quality scores and evaluations, a myriad of formulas and flow charts based upon past scores. Management does not keep promises made to employees in the sense of the support offered and delivered. May, indeed set you up to fail.

Pros

Free coffee, short commute.

Cons

Managers lack of support, may set you up to fail.

August 14, 2020
Hey! Thank you for your 3-star review. I just want to remind you that insurance compliance is a living, breathing monster that is constantly evolving, and so we have to change requirements on the fly in order to keep up. Additionally, as we add carriers and products, it’s imperative for us to quickly adjust our compliance regulations to their requirements. The compliance department’s job is to re-train agents who are not conducting themselves in a compliant manner, and sometimes that includes weeding out the agents who don’t meet our standards of compliance. I can believe this is often a thankless job when it comes to agents, and I sympathize with your frustrations. However, as a company, we appreciate our Compliance Department so much as they keep us running!! :-) We take great care in hiring Call Quality Specialists who can handle the ever-evolving compliance requirements, sometimes grumpy agents, and other difficulties, but not everyone is qualified for such a crucial job. I hope you've found a better position elsewhere. -Alisha Leavelle

Nice easy job. Very friendly to others. Very patient with subs and what not. It was convenient for me and I should have kept it to be honest. But I'm in the works of new one

August 14, 2020
Thank you for the 4-star review but unfortunately, we do not make Subway sandwiches. :-)

Toxic environment

They dont communicate at all whatsoever. The managers throw you under the bus for no reason at all. They're training is basically making you figure everything out on your own.

August 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback, Agent! Feel free to reach out with more specific feedback on how we can improve training. We're very keen to make sure every agent is set up to be successful. -Alisha Leavelle ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ideal Concepts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ideal Concepts