Ideal Image Employee Reviews

Constant Change/Fear of job-security/Unethical company & policies/Everybody hates their job here!!!!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 11, 2018
This company is constantly restructuring itself! Upper Management in the company is a joke! Work life balance is impossible with the forever changing schedule/policies/expectations & favoritism is given to certain employees. The turnover is extremely high; I have never seen anything like it.

My Boss works 10+ hours a day 7 days a week; literally, 80+ hours a week. To say that you a micromanaged is an understatement.

Constant change to policies which continually have an adverse affect to my paycheck. Based on recent changes, my paycheck will be cut by nearly 60-75%. I am leaving this company & would advise those who are considering working for Ideal Image to look elsewhere.
Pros
Free Treatments & I like the people I work with!
Cons
Ceo, Micomanagement, Daily Major Policy Changes, Fear of Job Security, Poor Communication, Zero Work-Life Balance, Horrible Employee Benefits Other Than Free Treatments, No 401K Matching
Let down
Treatment Provider (Former Employee) –  RegionalNovember 7, 2018
I was very hopeful and excited to start my career in aesthetics and grow with this company. I searched for ways to become more involved and be useful to the team. I was unfortunately very let down.

Management does not keep providers updated or in the loop on what is happening until it is being implemented. Everything is very secretive and behind your back even if it directly impacts your daily job.

There is no support or guidance to ensure you are successful in this new role. All profit driven and the goal is always to save the sale. Trainings are not thorough or sufficient to feel confident in performing many of the services. They are trying to make it feel more like a medical setting but are not holding nurses accountable for their knowledge base.

The provider areas are tiny and most of the electronic apps necessary for daily work are not up and running making our job more difficult to complete.

I’m very disappointed I’m looking for a new career path as I was very eager and excited to excel in this field of medicine.
Pros
Free services
No respect for their employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2018
This company treats their staff like theyre disposable. High turn over rates, understaffed shifts and over-booked schedules. They pressure you to make and keep sales, even if guests have a contraindication to treatment they want you ro push another modality down their throat before a refund. There is no flexibility in scheduling and it's difficult to switch shifts due to short staffing. Lastly, they offer you bonuses and then say theyve calculated the bonuses incorrectly and will be taking money out of your check for the next 2 checks.
Pros
Pay and bonuses
Cons
No respect for work life balance, sales driven, disposable employees
Amazing Company, but pay cuts are often.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 21, 2018
Company is amazing in many ways. Expresses passion, care, quality, and desire to be the best. Sales pay has been cut over and over and over again and has been devastating.
Pros
Company with amazing quailties
Cons
Pay cuts
Stay away...
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  New EnglandOctober 16, 2018
New England upper management is terrible..or nonexistent. Money hungry company willing to sacrifice customer service. Understaffed, Training, coaching and development also non existent! Unless you are a nurse their is zero growth opportunities.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Too many
dont work there!!
Aesthetic nurse (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 4, 2018
very stressful, poor management and terrible schedule working from 7:30 am until 9pm. What company stays open until 9pm @ night and even open on Sunday's??? No lunches most of the time
Pros
free treatments if you can get tem in
Cons
schedule!!!
Money hungry company who does not care about employees
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  ncOctober 3, 2018
This company is solely focused on money. They do not seem to care about their employees whatsoever. There is zero work life balance. The company is open monday through Sunday, as if that is not enough, they are now opening for extended hours several days 8am-8pm. Management will not respond to you when you have questions or need to address something important to you. This includes Human resources. There is no room for advancement in the company for RN's or front desk. I have personally never worked in a place that is so drama driven. People constantly talk about each other and go behind your back to get others in trouble or make themselves look better. It is something one would expect from high school, not people who are well into their 40's and 50's.
Pros
good pay
Cons
work-life balance, poor management, toxic work environment
Horrible place to work
Guest Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 24, 2018
Henderson ideal image went through 3 center managers in 10 months. The company has poor management and even worse higher ups 3 different regionals in a year and 4 different ceos in 6 years. The company has no regard for personal life on many occasions we were told if you didn’t hit a certain sales goal for the day you had to stay 2 extra hours with no way of making the goal very rare you actually get a lunch. Company does not care about the guest once they get their money and it is a Very dishonest no scruples company
Pros
Free services with strings attached
Cons
Everything about the job
great place, lot's of fun with the staff
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTSeptember 12, 2018
great time getting to know your guests. I learned the office manager role vs. retail. Hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy every guest. the most enjoyable was the overall positive change you are making in someones life.
Great place to work, frequent changes
Registered Nurse Treatment Provider (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WI 53005September 5, 2018
Over the years I've been here, there have been 2 CEO's. The bonus structure changes frequently, policies change frequently. I love working there, many services to offer. Employee perks and free treatments. Great training for nurses.
Pros
Free treatments, monthly bonus opportunities
Cons
Open late some nights, work every other saturday
Great Place
RN-BSN (NC, TN, VA) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 20, 2018
Enjoyable. Love the people. Interesting. Could belong hours. Growing. Fun environment. Pay well. Management can be disorganized. Overall a great place to work
My job title is very competitive
Guest Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 18, 2018
I am responsible for scheduling in the mornings & sales in the afternoon & evening. I am a team leader and speaking about daily goals with co-workers was my duty. The hardest part of my job is being in after 6 and working most weekends.
Great Place
Guest Services/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 4, 2018
My overall experience at Ideal Image was awesome! My team was supportive and the pay was great for the location. The hiring process wasn't difficult and my interview was easy.
A great team makes for a great time
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJune 18, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Ideal Image. The atmosphere is amazingly productive, the team is so positive and the management is incredibly supportive and energized. I highly recommend this job to anyone who ask.
Pros
Great environment
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 8, 2018
So many great people in the business that have heart and passion for the company and what they do. The brand itself is broken, many changes with a continual cycle of new leaders. All with the best intent and the same vision, however all have gone about achieving things differently causing for a pause and break in process and a restart. its hard to maintain or create a culture when there are continual leadership interruptions. as these happens it also becomes hard to be a cohesive team in the field because depending on when you started you have either come in on different values, or have seen so much change you are hesitant to believe this one will be permanent. It also makes it hard to do your job because expectations change all the time- as does company structure.
Pros
services, peers
Cons
change, no one listens
In-House Counsel Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2018
Environment is laid back and dress is casual. Have yoga 2x a week during lunch. They seem to do a lot for their employees like monthly birthday celebrations.
Was promised training but received none.
Estimating/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 6, 2018
No training - learn as you go. Constant criticism, no motivation, talked out of applying for other positions more suitable to my background. Was talked down to by upper management most every day.
Pros
Human Resources, Company Christmas Party, co-workers
Cons
Poor Management - definite lack of communication
Dallas Uptown
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2018
Dallas Uptown had a lot of turnover, poor management, from lower to upper. I liked my coworkers but they will fire you quick over silly stuff. Change of upper management is truly telling sign when especially when the CEO steps down because the "company is going in a direction not consistent" with her values, as did the COO, and some mid level management. They bullied my center manager over meeting sales goals, then changed bonus from being sales based to being customer service based. No room for growth after the first year. I got along with everyone but that wasn't the issue I had with the company. And the new SalesForce system sucks.
Pros
close to other shops
Cons
short breaks, if any;
horrible pay and promises of bonus that aren't realistic
Treatment Provider (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 4, 2018
Working as a treatment provider at Ideal Image is the lowest paying job you will ever have as a nurse. They will tell you about bonus programs or commissions during the interview, but they aren't realistic. If you sell a guest thousands of dollars worth of treatments you will only be rewarded a hundred dollars. And good luck trying to sell enough treatments to make that hundred dollars. Also, the monthly bonus wont ever make its way to your paycheck...they measure you on things that are unrealistic and often have nothing to do with your actual job. There is no career path. Even though they need nurses to do the services, they don't in any way want to pay them a competitive wage. Most times in this type of nursing job, the hourly wage is low because there is a commission on every service you provide. Not at Ideal Image. There is nothing but your hourly wage and some unrealistic dreams of additional bonus. They pride themselves on offering free services, but honestly it doesn't compensate for the low wages they pay and it is really the only thing they have to offer their employees.
Pros
free treatments
Cons
Pay, benefits, work hours, not at all being appreciated by the corporation
work culture
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 4, 2018
This company is money driven no beauty driven, The have no care about the workers, You can be fired at a moments notice. no training, or discipline.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ideal Image. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight