Ideal Image Employee Reviews

Director of Sales and Operations
Director of Sales and Operations (Former Employee) –  North DallasJanuary 14, 2019
Since I started this company from the beginning, I LOVED it! We saw so many successes, learned so much, improved in so many ways, but unfortunately it was a franchise and ultimately governed by a corporation - not my boss, the owner of the franchise in Florida. So, when the times changed and the 3rd party financing was removed from our company to offer to our clients, sales dropped and we had no way corporate was allowing us to change our business model. They took the franchise back, and my position was eliminated. Sad sad day!!! It was doing so well, and everyone was happy. Interesting tho, the new proposed business model I brought to the owner that the corporation wouldn't allow, was later implemented throughout their company from corporate. hhhmmmm But, it was a compliment to me as I pondered that whole thing.....
Pros
building a new business from ground floor up
Cons
Since franchise, owner struggled with some things, and we did too
Ugly people hiding behind Botox and fillers
RN (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 23, 2018
They want all employees to look a certain way. Basically they will fire you if they don’t think your pretty enough but tell you they don’t feel it’s working out.
Pros
Gain experience working w lasers
Cons
Everything about this place is awful
Great company and fun working environment!
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 9, 2018
Ideal Image was awesome to work for until the owners and managers did not listen to the needs of the employees. Zero recognition for hard work. It was an easy decision to leave.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Management was difficult to work with
Pathetic leaders
Lead Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 8, 2018
I agree with all the reviews on here that I am reading. Management has NO clue,,,,,,hire managers and consultants with medical sales background mainly from a surgical background and a strong sales background like Sonobello or LifeStyle Lift......it's boring and the volume is very low so you really don't make the salary that you are hoping to make. PTO is a joke because you can't ever get time off. The Atlanta market is pathetic. Very sad the management team. Smoking every time and smell of cigs is GROSS!!!!!! The NURSES are all AWESOME!! Best part !
Pros
Lots of potential
Cons
Pathetic leaders
Great team and great benefits
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 29, 2018
I worked at Ideal Image in guest services for about 3 years. Although I believe the hourly pay should be higher for the amount of stressful work you do there, on the other hand, there is a big opportunity to get commission and benefits.
The team at the office was fun to work with and there were a lot of incentives which kept it fun and motivating. I enjoyed my time there. Sometimes we worked very long hours, especially if there were special events, and you were expected to stay over time..
Pros
incentives
Terrible company!!!
Provider (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 14, 2018
Know your worth and DO NOT work here. You will not be respected, no raises, no advancement, constant change in structure and management, constant backstabbing and drama. It is a JOKE. The company has had several CEOs, changes regional directors about once a month, hires managers, secretaries, etc who barely have a pulse and are so dumb and lazy that all they do is sit around and gossip all day and look in the mirror at themselves. The company has no clue what they are doing, they are clowns. They are constantly making big exciting announcements that never happen because they can’t even keep their employees, managers, regionals, CEOs long enough to tell their hand from their foot. There are minimal modalities because the company Is very confused about what an “Advanced Med Spa” really is and it takes them years to add on a new one. *While the real Med Spa down the street is booming with the latest services and opened less than a year ago. So once you are trained on all services, that’s it. No challenges. No advancement. No raises. Don’t worry about “free services” they offer, you can go work somewhere else, be happier, making more money, and afford to pay for like services yourself at a real Med Spa. They will breathe down your neck and tell you exactly how you should be breathing. You will feel about 12 years old and 2 feet tall. Please don’t waste your self worth, education, and experience by working at this circus full of clowns!! It’s a JOKE. You are better than that. I stayed too long, and I hope this post helps at least one person make their decision to find a different  more... company to work for who will let you blossom in your career! You worked too hard to waste any time here! This company has zero values!  less
Constant Change/Fear of job-security/Unethical company & policies/Everybody hates their job here!!!!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 11, 2018
This company is constantly restructuring itself! Upper Management in the company is a joke! Work life balance is impossible with the forever changing schedule/policies/expectations & favoritism is given to certain employees. The turnover is extremely high; I have never seen anything like it.

My Boss works 10+ hours a day 7 days a week; literally, 80+ hours a week. To say that you a micromanaged is an understatement.

Constant change to policies which continually have an adverse affect to my paycheck. Based on recent changes, my paycheck will be cut by nearly 60-75%. I am leaving this company & would advise those who are considering working for Ideal Image to look elsewhere.
Pros
Free Treatments & I like the people I work with!
Cons
Ceo, Micomanagement, Daily Major Policy Changes, Fear of Job Security, Poor Communication, Zero Work-Life Balance, Horrible Employee Benefits Other Than Free Treatments, No 401K Matching
Let down
Treatment Provider (Former Employee) –  RegionalNovember 7, 2018
I was very hopeful and excited to start my career in aesthetics and grow with this company. I searched for ways to become more involved and be useful to the team. I was unfortunately very let down.

Management does not keep providers updated or in the loop on what is happening until it is being implemented. Everything is very secretive and behind your back even if it directly impacts your daily job.

There is no support or guidance to ensure you are successful in this new role. All profit driven and the goal is always to save the sale. Trainings are not thorough or sufficient to feel confident in performing many of the services. They are trying to make it feel more like a medical setting but are not holding nurses accountable for their knowledge base.

The provider areas are tiny and most of the electronic apps necessary for daily work are not up and running making our job more difficult to complete.

I’m very disappointed I’m looking for a new career path as I was very eager and excited to excel in this field of medicine.
Pros
Free services
No respect for their employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2018
This company treats their staff like theyre disposable. High turn over rates, understaffed shifts and over-booked schedules. They pressure you to make and keep sales, even if guests have a contraindication to treatment they want you ro push another modality down their throat before a refund. There is no flexibility in scheduling and it's difficult to switch shifts due to short staffing. Lastly, they offer you bonuses and then say theyve calculated the bonuses incorrectly and will be taking money out of your check for the next 2 checks.
Pros
Pay and bonuses
Cons
No respect for work life balance, sales driven, disposable employees
Stay away...
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  New EnglandOctober 16, 2018
New England upper management is terrible..or nonexistent. Money hungry company willing to sacrifice customer service. Understaffed, Training, coaching and development also non existent! Unless you are a nurse their is zero growth opportunities.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Too many
dont work there!!
Aesthetic nurse (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 4, 2018
very stressful, poor management and terrible schedule working from 7:30 am until 9pm. What company stays open until 9pm @ night and even open on Sunday's??? No lunches most of the time
Pros
free treatments if you can get tem in
Cons
schedule!!!
Money hungry company who does not care about employees
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  ncOctober 3, 2018
This company is solely focused on money. They do not seem to care about their employees whatsoever. There is zero work life balance. The company is open monday through Sunday, as if that is not enough, they are now opening for extended hours several days 8am-8pm. Management will not respond to you when you have questions or need to address something important to you. This includes Human resources. There is no room for advancement in the company for RN's or front desk. I have personally never worked in a place that is so drama driven. People constantly talk about each other and go behind your back to get others in trouble or make themselves look better. It is something one would expect from high school, not people who are well into their 40's and 50's.
Pros
good pay
Cons
work-life balance, poor management, toxic work environment
Horrible place to work
Guest Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 24, 2018
Henderson ideal image went through 3 center managers in 10 months. The company has poor management and even worse higher ups 3 different regionals in a year and 4 different ceos in 6 years. The company has no regard for personal life on many occasions we were told if you didn’t hit a certain sales goal for the day you had to stay 2 extra hours with no way of making the goal very rare you actually get a lunch. Company does not care about the guest once they get their money and it is a Very dishonest no scruples company
Pros
Free services with strings attached
Cons
Everything about the job
great place, lot's of fun with the staff
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTSeptember 12, 2018
great time getting to know your guests. I learned the office manager role vs. retail. Hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy every guest. the most enjoyable was the overall positive change you are making in someones life.
Great place to work, frequent changes
Registered Nurse Treatment Provider (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WI 53005September 5, 2018
Over the years I've been here, there have been 2 CEO's. The bonus structure changes frequently, policies change frequently. I love working there, many services to offer. Employee perks and free treatments. Great training for nurses.
Pros
Free treatments, monthly bonus opportunities
Cons
Open late some nights, work every other saturday
Great Place
RN-BSN (NC, TN, VA) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 20, 2018
Enjoyable. Love the people. Interesting. Could belong hours. Growing. Fun environment. Pay well. Management can be disorganized. Overall a great place to work
My job title is very competitive
Guest Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 18, 2018
I am responsible for scheduling in the mornings & sales in the afternoon & evening. I am a team leader and speaking about daily goals with co-workers was my duty. The hardest part of my job is being in after 6 and working most weekends.
Great Place
Guest Services/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 4, 2018
My overall experience at Ideal Image was awesome! My team was supportive and the pay was great for the location. The hiring process wasn't difficult and my interview was easy.
A great team makes for a great time
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJune 18, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Ideal Image. The atmosphere is amazingly productive, the team is so positive and the management is incredibly supportive and energized. I highly recommend this job to anyone who ask.
Pros
Great environment
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 8, 2018
So many great people in the business that have heart and passion for the company and what they do. The brand itself is broken, many changes with a continual cycle of new leaders. All with the best intent and the same vision, however all have gone about achieving things differently causing for a pause and break in process and a restart. its hard to maintain or create a culture when there are continual leadership interruptions. as these happens it also becomes hard to be a cohesive team in the field because depending on when you started you have either come in on different values, or have seen so much change you are hesitant to believe this one will be permanent. It also makes it hard to do your job because expectations change all the time- as does company structure.
Pros
services, peers
Cons
change, no one listens

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ideal Image. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight