IDEAL Employee Reviews

working at Ideal
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILFebruary 8, 2018
working at Ideal was a new thing to me i lean a lot worked around a lot of nice people got too brakes it was a very good job to work at but you do move around a lot .
Stepping stone
Packer / Picker (Former Employee) –  Liberty, NYJanuary 14, 2018
None consistent. Always short staffed and working longer hours. Mandated more frequent then none. No notice in a reasonable amount of time. Needs better management
Fast and slow paced job
Cashier/Baker/Gardener (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, NJ 07848December 1, 2017
A typical day at work is a 2- 3 hour work shift during the week and a 18 hr shift on weekends. Working here you learn to work the register, answer phone calls, baking, cleaning the store, gardening, animal attending, and communicating with co-workers and customers. The hardest part of this job however is working in the months of October and November. It is fast past and you are not allowed to have any days off. You don't have any breaks or lunch breaks, you have to eat while working. During November you only have roughly about twenty minutes to eat and you work in the greenhouse were it is only 65 degrees. If you can't stand the cold, I wouldn't recommend working there. You only get paid minimum wage. For the amount of work your do during October and November it is not worth it.
The most enjoyable part of this job is once in a blue moon getting a free snack, such as water melon or strawberries.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
No breaks and no lunch break, must work while eating
Calm workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dawson Springs, KYOctober 19, 2017
Very clean and friendly. Entergetic. Costumers from different places came in often and you could learn and hear things u would have never imagined. The company would work with u if needed time off
Pros
Manager very easy talk to
Cons
Some of the co workers was riude to other co workers
My job with engineering was interesting
Tool and Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 7, 2017
My first job in Florida. Began with progressive dies, which they used at the time for thermostats. Interesting and diversified.
Moved to engineering, which was my forte and satisfied my design interests.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very loud environment
Awesome Management and Owner Teams
Maintenance Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2017
Great place to work. Awesome opportunity to rebuild the systems and machinery. Friendly staff and owners. We are investing in the future. I have enjoyed meeting new people with great ideas and implementing the growth programs.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Minimum breaks
Great job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Waveland, MSDecember 13, 2016
Really enjoyed working with the Lowes people, in plumbing and electrical. Bob was great and easy to talk to. If I had a problem all I had to was call him and I get the answers.
productive
Job coach assistance (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 12, 2016
great place to work. management, team oriented. Work well with staff. Salary is fair. Traveling is required. Fun place to work.
Laid back and comfortable Environment, but very slow when it comes to upper management
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 10, 2016
While the work environment is very comfortable and many of the people here are great to work with. When it comes to necessary changes and needs within the company; the process is a giant mess due to the owners of the company not being able to manage things properly. Working help desk is as to be expected. But in the production/shipping department things are made to be more complicated than they need to be due to lack of a communication between the sales, shipping, and production departments.
Pros
Good people, relaxed environment for the most part, good way to get some experience
Cons
Lack of communication, Poor upper management when it comes to the internal needs of the company, Easy to get blindsided by multiple random large contracts with limited instruction and timeframe
Fun workplaces, with very friendly coworkers.
Food and Nutrition Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYSeptember 25, 2016
Working at Senior Living at Ideal is hard, but simple. It's fun at times, and the management is cares about each employee.
Pros
Free Lunches, Friend work area
Cons
Liniate staff, low employment
Great non-profit trying to help Deaf individuals
Volunteer for IDEAL (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2016
As a volunteer, I do mainly what they require me to do. When I began that was help to build the new website, which has been my ongoing project with the help of several others.
Pros
Great cause, good people
Cons
poor organization
i like working there
Front End (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 9, 2016
It gives me the experience that I always dreamed of. the environment is great, the customers were nice, the managers too, but what I missed the most is the fun that I had
Fun work place
Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMarch 31, 2016
Fun place to work, but short staffed (Management trying to get anyone and everyone to cover CNA shifts) .. Management could be improved. Pay and benefits should be better.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
short staffed
big divide between factory workers and management
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Only interned, but I noticed a big divide between the line workers and the supervisors. Line workers don't receive as much credit as they should.
Productive and funny environment
Shop Worker (Current Employee) –  West Burlington IowaJuly 16, 2015
A typical day at work, I would get given my tasks to work for the day. I could be told to clean up the entire office and shop, or another day I'm given 3 trucks with problems in them and told to have them fixed by a certain day and time. I was also given tasks to go to different stores and buy parts for trucks and machinery. I learned so much, which is great because it can get me ahead of the other people in my college classes because I will have real life experience.The hardest part of the job was probably the heat, otherwise I loved every part of this job. My favorite part of the job was getting to know my co-workers and be a small part of something big.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Heat
talking with customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gordon, NEApril 19, 2015
i really like working there because of the customers and some of the coworkers they were fun to work with and the hours were good
Construction
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Clayton, OHMarch 3, 2015
It has helped in the knowledge of hand tools. It has also allowed me to travel and see different areas. I enjoyed working with the guys that were on my crew. In a typical day at work, we did a lot of framing.
Very professional
Small Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIAugust 26, 2014
A very organized and professional environment. Owner is polished with excellent customer service skills. Clients feel at ease knowing they are in good hands.
Pros
Open to new opportunities / great people skills
Excellent co workers
Middle School Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2014
Ideal lacked adequate materials and administrative support. Often schedules and requirements changed at a moments notice.

I taught 3 different grade levels, 6, 7, and 8th. 2 classes each of 6th and 7th graders and one 8th grade class. I taught the Earth Sciences standards to 6fh grade, the Life Sciences to the 7th graders and Chemistry/Physics to 8th grade. The school day ran from 8:15 to 3:45 Mon thru Friday. There was a staff of 6 middle school teachers. I had an hour of planning and 1/2 hour for lunch.

I learned to prioritize my time and to compartmentalize my efforts. I also sharpened my classroom management and organizational skills. We were trained in the use of the Smart Board. I also became adept at developing curriculum and content for the 3 different levels.

My co-workers and I spent at least 2 hours at the end of the day planning instructional strategies, given our population that included 50 percent special needs students. We would have monthly pot luck afternoon meals.Everyone was professional and collegial.

Management was emotionally supportive yet inept when it came to future planning and communication. While I had freedom to instruct, I did not get notices on last minute changes to my schedule or the schools implementation of polices or events.

The hardest part of the job was planning 3 lessons a day, 5 days a week with no curriculum, text books, supplies, or content.

The most enjoyable part was the freedom to deliver instruction in an innovative manner and my relationships with my co-workers.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Lack of materials and support.
Ideal Services Corp was great place to work.
Commissary Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, ColoradoFebruary 10, 2014
Everyday was a challenge due to the nature of the business, fresh cold food vending machines was always a challenge. Finding new menu ideas was always fun, meeting specific customer request could prove quite interesting as the products had to fit a cold food vending machine.
Pros
Excellant family values
Cons
early morning shifts