IDeaS Employee Reviews

Muy comodo el ambiente.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loíza Municipio, PRSeptember 11, 2017
El ambiente era muy cómodo. Me desarrolle muy bien con los estudiantes. Lo mas difícil fue en las giras educativas mantener a todos los estudiantes tranquila. Me gusto muchísimo el poder desenvolverme con los niños.
Pros
Desarrollo personal y profesional
Cons
Muy activo
Extremely Positive Environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2017
For full-time employees there are benefits, but as a contractor, those benefits were not offered to me. This is completely understandable and was not a problem. This place is wonderful.
A challenging work environment
Program Coordinator - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  INMarch 22, 2016
Working for IDEAS was a very interesting experience that taught me to work on several areas of understanding.
It was an interesting mix of management. Hardest part of the job was submitting to untrained leadership that lacked comprehension of the work force.
Pros
opportunity to live overseas and work in a very challenging environment
Cons
Lack of growth opportunities
Feeling that I am helping people to succeed
Financial & Adm. Liaison, Latin American Offices (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2014
I would go to the IDEAS Office at 9. I would check and response messages according to their level of importance. After this, I would check deadlines and status on the different projects. Then, I would update each project's accounting information. Once the accounting was done, I would contact two to five clients by phone as a great percentage of our clients did not have access to computers. I would check and write down the status of their projects. This call also gave our clients the opportunity to let me know the type of support needed from our office in order to complete their projects. I would then update our data base with the information gathered and request the appropriate support. Once every two-weeks I would have a meeting with my supervisor to update him on every project under my management, share information and concerns. I would also submit a monthly report of each project and its financial status. I would leave at 12:30.
I learned to work independently with little or no supervision. I learned how to manage, follow up, and bring to a successful delivery more than one project at a time. I learned to keep accounting books on our data base, prepared and delivered reports and project presentations.
My manager was approachable and always willing to help me in order for me to help our customer succeed in their different projects.
The most difficult and enjoyable part of my job was to see our customers succeed and the project expanding. Once the project expanded, I did not have enough time to finish my work during my office hours and I would bring it home
  more... which disrupted my family life. However, it was amazing to see how more and more low income people were succeeding at creating and running their own small businesses in Latin America.  less
Pros
Part-time job that fit my schedule/helping low income people succeed in developing countries
Cons
Success and grow came hand to hand
A very hot and irritable place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJuly 3, 2013
I honestly didn't like the job but I gained a lot of skills from the job that I think will carry me along as a Production Operator.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
No benefits
Challenging with many new opportunities
Management (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 13, 2012
Great co-workers
Fast paced with a lot of changes
Unique combination of hospitality, revenue and software development
Easy access to all levels of management Including executives