IDEMIA Employee Reviews

There are better companys, keep looking
Enrolment Agent (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 23, 2019
Do not even bother to come work here.
The work is boring, repetitive, and not fun.
The management is horrible.
The pay is mediocre. Bonuses are a thing of the past. Merit increases are about a nickle a year.
Management does not care about you.
They only care about the customer and the money they make. The company has transitioned so many times, they have no clue who or what they are any more.

The customers are rude snobish or just ghetto.
Take your pick.
Agents are overworked and underpaid
Pros
There are none
Cons
Everything is a con
Horrible
Enrollment Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2019
Horrible place to work. Very poor management, anytime you need anything you don't get it, it's like they have no idea what's going on or they just don't care. Would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Idemia
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 17, 2019
I work there now, I feel like they only like you if you are friends with supervisors or stuck up to them. I took the job position thinking I would get paid more. I wasnt able to look at my offer letter. My current supervisor was a team lead for 3 months then promoted. No 1's on 1's. The call center is dirty like they dont clean well. Other people who work there aren't nice at all. Not what I expected.
Pros
Free coffee, no weekends
Cons
Bad management, dirty call center, favoritism
Terrible company
Enrollment Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 17, 2019
Company will do anything they can to ignore problems. If there is a problem, ignoring it makes it go away. Ive seen and heard “ management” flat out lie.
Pros
Co workers tend to be good workers to begin with.
Cons
Co workers tend to give up after being “bullied” and then ignored
an okay company to work for
Enrollment Agent II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2019
This was an okay company to work for. They only cared about getting their work done as most company do. They didn't worry about the safety of the employees.
Pros
Good Health Care
Cons
No respect for family life
Intern restrictions and outdated software
Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 13, 2019
Due to the fact that the company deals with contracts from the state and federal government this will mean that if you are not a full-time employee you will not be able to work on very many projects as an intern.

The main downside to working as a software engineering position in the sustaining engineering department is that you have to deal with a lot of outdated and obscure technologies because you are supporting systems that were written 10+ years ago and none of the government clients are interested in changing these systems in the near future.
Pros
Nice office. Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Government
Good Staff, Terrible Management
HQ Staff (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJanuary 2, 2019
The General Work staff here tend to be very good, but overall short lived. Unfortunately the reason is very simple. Management here is terrible. They constantly make shortsighted decisions and do things that make it more difficult to accomplish anything or measure success. There seems to be very little control from the top down as Directors in the company all seem to run their own little kingdom and fight amongst each other constantly.

To add to the management issues, typically a given HQ employee will fall under multiple directors each trying to influence the given employee to support them instead of another director. It makes it difficult to get anything done.

The technology and the professional level staff are great incentives to work here, but the management sours everything. The salaries are a little sub-par, but the benefits are generally good.

The best way to sum up working here is a quote from a former colleague, "The best way to get fired is to do your job". Unfortunately this is true.
Pros
Starting on a Remote Work Culture, Decent Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Processes are confused and lack focus
Going through a lot of changes since acquisition
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER/BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  BILLERICA, MA, USDecember 8, 2018
I am not a fan of all the changes happening. I am uncertain of the future of my project that I am working on. There have been some decisions made that do not make sense.
Overworked, underpaid
Employee (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 11, 2018
Summary says it all - employees are overworked, exhausted and expected to do the job of at least 2 people without reasonable compensation for doing so. I know of several people looking for a new job.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Does not provide enough help for amount of work.
Idemia
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 6, 2018
Ive worked here twice and i loved it both times. I wish i could have stayed with the company when i relocated south, but it wasnt meant to be. I love the higher ups in this company they rly care about u and they do a great job taking care of their CSRs
Work-Life Balance is GREAT!
Mobile Enrollment Agent II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 18, 2018
Idemia is a great place to work for the most part. However, starting as an enrollment agent, I do not see much career advancement unless you are willing to move out of state. The pay is better than most and the benefits are great!
Stressful
Enrollment Agent (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAOctober 11, 2018
Company was new after 8 yrs f/t went p/t due to illness. Co.laid me off . Company was not professional, was laid off without any notice. Great job poor management.
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
Breaks, poor management.
Good work/life balance
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 5, 2018
Time is pretty flexible at IDEMIA at Boston site. People can also feel free to work from home if wanted to. And the management team there is quite considerate about employee's status.
Love the job
Senior Field Service Supervisor of Kentucky (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 1, 2018
I love the job, but this is the fifth merger in 10 years. I have had 4 different supervisors. The current supervisors have become micromanagers and I have lost my autonomy to deliver the new KY Drivers License contract. We just won a 10 year contract and in the first time in company history, the operations team was used in the RFP. I presented at the RFP, also a first.
Wasted the last 9 years and 9 months of my life
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 28, 2018
Terrible company to work for, the past two years I think I've only worked 4-5 weeks that were 40 hour weeks. Typically expected to work anywhere from 50-55 per week. I made on average $5 less than other Field Service Engineers in my region (within our company). After working overtime in excess for the past two years and stepping up to help manage an upgrade project across our state, my supervisor informed me that I would be receiving a promotion and pay raise for the work I'd put in. It never happened. The entire company has no regard for its employees, don't expect to be respected, or to actually be able to take PTO without being expected to answer your work phone. Health Insurance is also terrible
Fun place to work at but poor management
Quality Assurance/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 6, 2018
Like most companies you get a moderate amount of kind co-workers but this company had many genuine employers that would gladly assist you in time of need (work wise). Other than that, my manager only was unprofessional and was unfair.
Pros
has a gym, amazing benefits & great cafeteria.
Cons
not so much vision coverage & poor management
Terrible company to work for
Enrollment Agent (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 5, 2018
Too much work for so little pay . They don’t care about the employee only about themselves . They nickel and dime you for travel and take forever to reimburse you . Managers are terrible and dont have a clue how to run the office
nice workplace
Market and Business Intelligence, Director (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 30, 2018
Good people generally work there
leadership and management is on weak side
managers not business savvy
direction from them is rather poor
overall ok place to work
strategy poor
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2018
There is no such thing as a typical day in this job. One day could be as simple as resetting passwords and helping to understand how an application works. Other days you could be rebuilding a full database or re-writing a workflow. This job will help you grow and learn new skills that will keep you striving to grow.
Pros
Great team and flexible work enviornment
Cons
None come to mind
Used to be great. Now not so much
Field Service Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 1, 2018
Since this company has become Idemia I went from the best job in the world to one of the worst jobs ive ever had. The company only cares about its financial success at this point and could care less about its workers. Bonuses this year were cut in half (never happened in company HISTORY) and pay raises were non existent. I have and will be obtaining new employment. preferably to a place that treats its employees the correct way.