IDEMIA Employee Reviews

Going through a lot of changes since acquisition
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER/BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  BILLERICA, MA, USDecember 8, 2018
I am not a fan of all the changes happening. I am uncertain of the future of my project that I am working on. There have been some decisions made that do not make sense.
Overworked, underpaid
Employee (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 11, 2018
Summary says it all - employees are overworked, exhausted and expected to do the job of at least 2 people without reasonable compensation for doing so. I know of several people looking for a new job.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Does not provide enough help for amount of work.
Idemia
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 6, 2018
Ive worked here twice and i loved it both times. I wish i could have stayed with the company when i relocated south, but it wasnt meant to be. I love the higher ups in this company they rly care about u and they do a great job taking care of their CSRs
Work-Life Balance is GREAT!
Mobile Enrollment Agent II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 18, 2018
Idemia is a great place to work for the most part. However, starting as an enrollment agent, I do not see much career advancement unless you are willing to move out of state. The pay is better than most and the benefits are great!
Stressful
Enrollment Agent (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAOctober 11, 2018
Company was new after 8 yrs f/t went p/t due to illness. Co.laid me off . Company was not professional, was laid off without any notice. Great job poor management.
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
Breaks, poor management.
Good work/life balance
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 5, 2018
Time is pretty flexible at IDEMIA at Boston site. People can also feel free to work from home if wanted to. And the management team there is quite considerate about employee's status.
Love the job
Senior Field Service Supervisor of Kentucky (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 1, 2018
I love the job, but this is the fifth merger in 10 years. I have had 4 different supervisors. The current supervisors have become micromanagers and I have lost my autonomy to deliver the new KY Drivers License contract. We just won a 10 year contract and in the first time in company history, the operations team was used in the RFP. I presented at the RFP, also a first.
Wasted the last 9 years and 9 months of my life
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 28, 2018
Terrible company to work for, the past two years I think I've only worked 4-5 weeks that were 40 hour weeks. Typically expected to work anywhere from 50-55 per week. I made on average $5 less than other Field Service Engineers in my region (within our company). After working overtime in excess for the past two years and stepping up to help manage an upgrade project across our state, my supervisor informed me that I would be receiving a promotion and pay raise for the work I'd put in. It never happened. The entire company has no regard for its employees, don't expect to be respected, or to actually be able to take PTO without being expected to answer your work phone. Health Insurance is also terrible
Fun place to work at but poor management
Quality Assurance/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 6, 2018
Like most companies you get a moderate amount of kind co-workers but this company had many genuine employers that would gladly assist you in time of need (work wise). Other than that, my manager only was unprofessional and was unfair.
Pros
has a gym, amazing benefits & great cafeteria.
Cons
not so much vision coverage & poor management
Terrible company to work for
Enrollment Agent (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 5, 2018
Too much work for so little pay . They don’t care about the employee only about themselves . They nickel and dime you for travel and take forever to reimburse you . Managers are terrible and dont have a clue how to run the office
nice workplace
Market and Business Intelligence, Director (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 30, 2018
Good people generally work there
leadership and management is on weak side
managers not business savvy
direction from them is rather poor
overall ok place to work
strategy poor
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2018
There is no such thing as a typical day in this job. One day could be as simple as resetting passwords and helping to understand how an application works. Other days you could be rebuilding a full database or re-writing a workflow. This job will help you grow and learn new skills that will keep you striving to grow.
Pros
Great team and flexible work enviornment
Cons
None come to mind
Used to be great. Now not so much
Field Service Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 1, 2018
Since this company has become Idemia I went from the best job in the world to one of the worst jobs ive ever had. The company only cares about its financial success at this point and could care less about its workers. Bonuses this year were cut in half (never happened in company HISTORY) and pay raises were non existent. I have and will be obtaining new employment. preferably to a place that treats its employees the correct way.
important work generally, but practically given no respect
Configuration Manager/Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 1, 2018
A typical day begins with the standard scrum stand-up meeting and then you work assigned tickets, driven by ego-laden team leads. Upper management is inspiring. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a select few on one-off projects.
Productive and Fast Pace
Enrollment Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 30, 2018
You are constantly busy. Dealing with different people from different cultures. Rarely a dull moment. Contract with the Government so includes benefits and paid time off.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Time Off
Cons
30 min breaks
Too Much Expected and Too little paid
Enrollment Agent (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2018
On a daily over 100 customers for two people to manage.
This is not including walk-ins for over 5 different programs we manage.
No time for breaks which is against the law and working with the Public is Stressful enough with a minute to go have some Fresh Air!
Little pay, Federal and State Background for only Minimum Wage!
Money matters to them but not when it comes to their Employees.
Very challenging environment
NA (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 9, 2018
Very challenging environment

Good people but not very focused on the employees.

Hopefully things will improve as there is a very good mission statement.
Free coffee each day and free donuts every friday
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 29, 2018
Answering phones in a timey manor. Used listening skills to provide best service for applicant speaking little English. Great Management team. Mixed races. Had to learn new state procedure within 1 week. Enjoyed training new employees of job procedure.
Pros
Employee appreciation week, celebrating the unit birthdays, assisting each other in our unit as needed
Cons
Call Center closed in Springfield IL
Ok work place. Not much room for advancement
Silkscreen Pressman (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAJune 10, 2018
The work environment is ok. The main issue is work advancement. Whether it's a new position or a new shift. Usually where ever you end up working in the company is most likely where you'll stay. I currently work third shift and have been trying for over a year now to move to first shift. Not enough opportunities to grow.
Pros
Descent benefits and paid time off.
Cons
Poor management. Very difficult for job advancement.
Idemia Employment
Enrollment Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 14, 2018
I loved working at Idemia. The training is top rate. Management is superior. I learned how important credentialing, identity, and more importantly; how the state and federal laws of this confidential nature apply.The workplace culture is superb. The hardest part of the job was making sure the documents provided for identity were presented properly by our customers. There was not a part of the job I did not enjoy. It was a pleasure working for Idemia.
Pros
The work experience was amazing.
Cons
I have no cons at this time