IDEXX Laboratories Employee Reviews

Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 8, 2019
The management is nonexistent. There have been many cases of poor conduct/breaking of work rules that has not been handled properly by ANY type of management.
Integrative
ISAM (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEApril 2, 2019
The environment was Goal oriented and biomedical. The culture was extremely diverse with encouragement of self development. Quarterly goals was the most challenging but fun.
Pros
Quarterly objectives
Cons
Drive to work
Outstanding Company
Field Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 1, 2019
I loved my time with IDEXX and I was able to create a wonderful family in all of my colleagues. It was just time to find other opportunities; in the position I held there was limited growth potential in the field.
productive and fun. Nice cafetrias.
Lab Technician- Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEMarch 22, 2019
I whish that I did not have to leave IDEXX and would accept a full time job there. loved my two last managers there. Chance of improving is high and you get paid for you education.
Do not recommend working at this lab
MLT (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 18, 2019
Working at a reference laboratory can be terrible, quite the opposite from working at Westbrook, from what I gather at least. Management is awful, there is no truth or trust, they flat out lie to your face about everything. Opportunities for advancement are misleading, favorites are played heavily... very discriminatory, there are clearly visible double standards. If you can keep your head down and don’t care about advancing or how you are treated, you can have some longevity here, otherwise you will be miserable within a year. The lab has an abysmal turnover rate, they lose about 3-4 people per quarter, sometimes in a month. The majority of the staff, about 90% of them, have been there for less than two years. Unfortunately I don’t think corporate has a clue, and if they do, they don’t care or know how to handle the problem. Medical quality is a joke, which is upsetting. They care about numbers and quantity and push for sloppy work. Pay is decent for what it is and for the industry, but don’t expect it to be worth it in the end. I wish I listened to folks when I started who had been there a while and either left sooner or didn’t get any hopes up about anything.

Most of the employees at this lab are actively seeking employment elsewhere. Please do not waste your time here.
Pros
Pay isn’t bad - but even that isn’t enough to hold people
Cons
Everything other than pay.
Terrible Work Life balance
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJMarch 17, 2019
Due to terrible management Idexx Totowa is a complete nightmare. Employees are treated with no value or respect. You will have no work life balance, since you are at the mercy of a terrible schedule that everyday exceeds the hours your are scheduled.

Totowa’s turn over rate for employees is so large that they cannot keep consistent staff. Employees endure extreme amount of stress due to lack of staffing, the way they are spoken to, and the overall culture. Due to their inefficiency to maintain staff, actually having any PTO time approved is nearly impossible. You are asked to only go home, once the work is done which many times is serval hours after already working throughout the night.

Although against what they promote, they enforce quantity not quality. And, while being in the health industry it’s Incredibly alarming, and saddening.
Pros
PTO days
Cons
Work life balance, Management, Short Breaks
Does not care about their employees
Microbiology, parasitology, and lab generalist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 14, 2019
Idexx didn't not listen to their employees and treated their employees as disposable. The manager will throw employees under the bus to save themselves.
Successful company with a great set of products
IQA Inspector - Metrology Lead (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEMarch 12, 2019
Challenging technical work. Great co-workers. The day went by quickly. There was a constant variety of projects with varying degrees of difficulty. I interacted with scientists and engineers from all walks of life.
Diagnostic Consultant/Digital Radiology Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 7, 2019
Great place to work. Good culture, long hours and travel. Career advancement was good. A leader in veterinary diagnostics. Veterinary is a good field to be in for medical sales.
Good place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  MEMarch 4, 2019
A good company to work for if you can get hired. The staff are good people and most really enjoy what they do. Great location with good benefits for the workers.
Good company- lots of change
Product Manager III (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEFebruary 28, 2019
Great place if you thrive on change. Compensation weak vs the rest of Portland. Great mission, nice side benefits. Excellent executive team, senior management is weak
Pros
Mission, c-level team
Cons
VPs, relies on its perks as compensation
Stuck in place
Idexx Vetlab Station Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEFebruary 28, 2019
IDEXX pays well, but advancing salary is tough as you cannot move above 1 pay grade no matter what. I would not recommend IDEXX if you plan to move quickly trough the system.
Productive and kind people
UX Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEFebruary 20, 2019
I loved interning at IDEXX as it helped me grow professionally and personally. My mentors stirred me to improve as a designer and learn more about how to tackle a big problem through step by step process and design the final result which is invaluable to me.
Idexx
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  North Grafton, MAFebruary 10, 2019
Nice place to work. Processing department can be overwhelming as it is short staffed. There are not enough workers in the department to be able to handle the demand of samples needing to be processed.
Good benefits terrible environment
Clinical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 3, 2019
A lot of negative energy there. Machines are old and constantly breaking. Workplace bullying. Employees are miserable. Felt like I was back in high school. Females are super catty. Terrible place to start a lab tech career. Nothing like what you learn in school and clinicals. I could tell from the moment that I set foot in there that I wouldn't want to stay there long. A lot of people were leaving and everyone seemed unhappy. Hard work goes unnoticed and unappreciated. So glad to be gone.
Benefits
Cons
Shotty equipment/ Bad management
Awesome place to work
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 29, 2019
Management has really turned things around within the past 3 months and the current supervisor has made a huge effort in really seeing and hearing the employees on her team. Great feedback and conversations are had to help you improve your career. Upper management seems to still not care, but you don't see it trickle down through your direct supervisor. Awesome team and great culture in the specimen processing department. For once in 2 years, I can legitly say I love my job.
Pros
great team, paid vacation, employee engagement, awesome supervisor
Cons
night shift, long nights
great place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJanuary 23, 2019
Very Awesome place to work. I had a great team and I was part of a realignment to inside outside sales. Management was going through some changes and the stability was not there at the time i was employed. I chose to leave to pursue a time of leisure and I am at this time hoping to regain employment.
Pros
great collaborative work environment
Cons
very rigid call center metrics
Good work/life balance, poor training and development
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJanuary 22, 2019
Great product line, good work life balance, good vacation days, nice facility, great cafeteria and coffee options. TERRIBLE training, development and communication - very frustrating. I would avoid IDEXX.
Run, and run FAST
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJJanuary 9, 2019
Zero work life balance, favoritism, constant overtime. Money is good but it isn’t worth the loss of sanity that working here will come with over time. Management asks for feedback and then shuts it down. Overworked, underpaid, and DEFINITELY under-appreciated. I wish I ran when the senior technicians told me to. You are disposable and treated as such, no matter what your ranking or experience level. Micromanagement level is unbelievable. They schedule everything down to your optional 15 minute breaks and will use your own job against you if you offer suggestions that your supervisor doesn’t agree with. Been here for too many years and can’t find anything else that pays as well in the field in this state but seriously - Run, and run FAST. Your mental health and overall well-being is NOT worth this company. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
401k, benefits
Cons
Literally every aspect of this job aside from pay and benefits
worst place i have ever worked
Histotechnician (Former Employee) –  North Grafton, MAJanuary 9, 2019
dirty lab with horrible no onsite management. the path lab manager lives out of state and they are oblivious to the problems. tissue gets lost and no one cares. they hire people from the wood dept at home depot or interior designers who have ABSOLUTELY NO HISTOLOGY LAB EXPERIENCE and train them (train them...that's a joke) to be lab techs. have to laugh when these horribley trained "techs" call themselves histotechs!! it's a factory job with HIGH turn around & favoritism. i let my veterinarian know how awful IDEXX lab is in North Grafton, he has now switched to Antech!
Pros
nothing
Cons
lousey management, favoritism, cliquey coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDEXX Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss