IDEXX Laboratories Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to Work
Specimen Management Technician II (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 14, 2018
Absolutely loved IDEXX. Just stay out of the clique of the management, otherwise it's rewarding, pay is great, always learning, and the benefits are amazing for a job. Hours and schedules are usually set too.
IDEXX was a great place to work
Distribution Lead (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEAugust 4, 2018
IDEXX was busy multitasking work. They treat their employees very good and provide room for advancement. I truly miss working there and would very much like the opportunity to return.
poor management
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 3, 2018
lousy managers doofus looking guy.
cant comprehend how he got there. Must be a relative or "went the Extra mile" in the back office if ya catch my drift ;)
QA Manager summary
Senior Corporate Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJuly 30, 2018
Managed a team that was responsible for all aspects of Quality Assurance including new product development, product regulatory submission, product release for distribution, on market support and post market activities. There is a collaborative culture where people work hard.
Pros
free coffee, two paid volunteer days per year, great benefits
Cons
work life balance, large company
Idexx Review Summary
Histology Bench Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJuly 20, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with a gym. Autonomy and career advancement. Ability to have open relationship with managers. Positive environment. Large company
Pros
gym
Cons
Not a great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 19, 2018
Hopefully the work environment improved since 2000, because when I worked there I noticed quite a bit of unprofessional behavior with management. For instance, a supervisor was able to curse an employee out with no repercussion.
Poor leadership
Veterinary Diagnostic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2018
I would highly recommend staying away from IDEXX. Managers and leadership are all about making themselves look good. IDEXX really needs to clean house with many of the filed managers. They are lazy, and provide little value to the field.
Pros
Animal Health is a fun business to be in
Cons
Poor management, culture, strategy, emotional intelligence
It's okay if you enjoy being a night owl
Sample Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 10, 2018
The night shift is usually what they're looking to hire for, day shift usually goes to senior staff who "has earned that privilege". The lab is pretty tiny compared to other labs. its an okay place to work.
Just not worth the pay.
Sucks
Temp Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Grafton, MAJuly 2, 2018
when i was working for idexx it all started off fine, with time youll notice that these people (managers) dont give really care. all they care about is “speed” but cant accomodate anything for their workers who bust their butts off (especially as a “runner”). managers from processing and parasite (to be more specific) can be extremely petty. the pay is good but they will juice the lifep out of you ++++ they are messy and working as a temp is like working on limbo because they dont even know themselves when is your temp position over. the company isnt bad but its who manages it. they suck.
Cons
overnight
Challenging working environment that provides incentives with great work ethic.
Diagnostic Consultant Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJune 25, 2018
My position requires scheduling sales calls with decision makers to achieve sales goals and company objectives. Management is not micro managed and provides flexibility not only achieve goals, but not exceed. I enjoy building relationships with my accounts and providing the best diagnostic solutions for their needs.
Pros
Work life balance, challenging, benefits, working from home
Cons
Career advancement
Cut throat, No communication between each manager suck
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJune 17, 2018
Managers and so-called coworkers are very cut-throat, and will stab you in the back when you're not looking.
They don't check on you when you're working to even see if you have a heartbeat especially on the night shift.
The lead managers go on hiatus and go hiding and they will find rooms in idexx to hide in for 8 hours.
same with the coworkers...they will Sabotage your work-area.
I was treated very badly and abusively by both
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Cut throat manager(s)
Company invests in itself
Sr. Project Manager/Core Team Lead/SCRUM Master (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJune 17, 2018
Work with very smart people - scientists and code developers. Plenty of variety - no day is the same. CEO is brilliant and very personable - he knows quite a few people by name. He has clear vision.
Pros
Growth, reinvestment
Cons
Can churn and burn
Stress environment with skewed work-life balance
Graphic/Web Designer and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 15, 2018
I think IDEXX is a great company overall. I love what it stands for and how it supports the veterinary industry. I fails in several areas. The two that stand out to me are: the "silo" approach it has been stuck in for far too long, especially within specific lines of business; and, the company's inability to fully implement a work-life balance plan for all employees.
Pros
Good health insurance, vacation plan, and stock program
Cons
Poor management and poor communication within the LOB's
Avoid this company.
Medical Technologist - Hematology (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJJune 5, 2018
I was an ASCP Certified Medical Technologist working in the Hematology Department of an IDEXX reference lab. I was working there around time of a pet food contamination out of China. The place was crazy busy. Originally my schedule was M-F day shift. Suddenly without notice we were informed that we would be required to do alternating Saturday night shifts. We were told on a Thursday that this would start as of the coming weekend and we were required to accommodate the change. We all were working overtime, they refused to hire new people, and the lab manager who was starting to turn things around was fired for doing it right and implementing change over time, rather than immediately. Moral was terrible, due to the excessive work, with no sympathy from the management, there was a lab in the New England area where the majority of the employees, got up left and quit. After working for 11 months, I wasn't able to stand it anymore and left the company and lab work for good.
Pros
Cons
Extremely poor management, no concern for employee health or safety, overworked, low moral, etc
Great Benfits But No Room for Advancement
Hardware/Software Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 2, 2018
If you are looking for a job with great benefits but little to no advancement Idexx is a great fit. Management likes to change procedures every few weeks to keep you on your toes.
Pros
Benefits. Pay, and Vacation Time
Cons
Little to no room for advancement, criticism comes easy and praise/acknowledgement is hard to get
IDEXX is a good place of employment
Senior Operations/Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 30, 2018
Typical day at work involves managing vendors and exceptions related to the operation. Work with customer service and sales departments regarding the logistics of the operation.
good job
PROCESSING/DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 25, 2018
was very happy but working night shift for a long time really took a toll and interfered with my life out of work,but overall good place to work for :)
Great company providing crucial health services for pets
Parasitology Bench Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Grafton, MAMay 24, 2018
IDEXX provides a lot of opportunity for internal growth, and has many options for employment from R&D to laboratory benchwork. There are many locations in the US and internationally.
Productive, Stressful, excellent pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2018
Employee's do not leave good companies, they leave bad managers. Employed with IDEXX 9 years with no complaints until the company decided to revamp the Lab Liaison team. Favoritism played a major part in my resignation. Upper management should consider visiting this location and speaking with the employees. There are tons of dedicated employee's being treated unfairly with no support from management.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Moral, favortism
Compensation
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 14, 2018
I like the benefits but dont like the politics played in moving up. Also how there is never enough in the budget for tuition reimbursement. Also I dislike how they would rquire us to work weekends sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDEXX Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss