IDX Corporation Employee Reviews

Easy and mundane work for moderate pay
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 12, 2018
Work is very easy and repetitive, however, management plans very poorly, so they will always rush you. There is little to no chance of ever moving up to another position unfortunately, regardless of how well you perform. You might get up to a 5% raise at the end of each year, which can be around 75 cents if you are lucky. New employees are often paid more than employees who have worked there a long time. If you work full time, you are given roughly 10 days total of PTO to be used for either sick or paid leave. Overtime is required most of the year (10h weekdays + Saturdays).

All in all, it's a reliable job if you perform well, but the work is horribly boring and repetitive.
Pros
Pay is decent, 55 hour weeks (possibly a con?)
Cons
Horribly repetitive and boring work
Very stressful work with IDX
Inventory Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
It was very stressful working with IDX. Personally I would not work for IDX again. Low moral and very cut throat. I know that some people may enjoying working for them but I am not the one.
Fast paced and daily challenges are my fun time
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 16, 2018
Fast paced, working with a lean crew and getting the days work accomplished. Training outsourced help to assist during spike seasons. We are and have been the best at what we do regarding accuracy and customer on time delivery throughout our sister companies in the U.S and global. We are the model that set the standard for all associated idX divisions.
Pros
Excellent teams from Account Executives to Project Managers to shipping and receiving.
Cons
Closure of the St. Louis Distribution center due to global consolidation from new owners
Was a good place to work back in the day
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 3, 2018
Idx use to be a family type business then went corporate. Then became a commodity. Being bought as an investment by other organizations that only cared about increasing profits unrealistically.
Causing Idx to cut expenses to maintain certain margins, laying off people who were part of what made them invest in the first place.
I truly hope that was the reason my position was eliminated & not
that I was of a certain age. Though it deal feel that way. Idx celebrated my 20 yrs of service with a plaque 2 yrs later it was celebrated with 6 weeks severance. Which was basically my 5 wks vacation pay plus 1 week. I know senior mgt has to do as the board directs. Its a shame idx went corporate it was a fun place to work.
Pros
Collegues that were there from the start
Cons
Projection of sales unrealistic, especially if not hitting the mark the yr before
Stressful workplace with low paying salary
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2018
Work is nonstop from the moment you get in, to the moment you leave the office. I bring my work home with me on a daily basis and never take a lunch. It is a high demand and stressful workplace. They used to care about their employees but not anymore. The salary is laughable to the amount of time and work you put in.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay and Work Hours
They don’t feed the horses
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXDecember 14, 2017
Compensation is a problem. You are continually asked for more and more but no change in compensation. There are many people in positions that do not belong in those particular positions. The result is poor decisions and resentment from other employees.
Pros
Occasionally we will get a free lunch
Cons
Insurance benefits are not good. They are expensive and don’t really cover much at all.
good
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 11, 2017
fast paced environment with high pressure positions well organized with full cooperation between departments and employees community active with good benifits
In the dark...
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 24, 2017
Pros: idX is a global industry distributed across 18 divisions. At a division level, the employees and culture are perfect.

Cons: From a corporate standpoint, management is poor and no direction is given to any team members. Also, the amount of work expected from an employee can be quite stressful at times. Only 12 PTO days a year with no sick leave.
Pros
Great culture at the division level
Cons
Heavy workloads, not enough PTO, no sick time
Rewarding and consuming work life
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2017
idX has highly committed employees that work extremely hard to fulfill the goals of the company despite the current store fixture industry environment.
Great job but not a whole lot of work to sustain employment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJanuary 2, 2017
I couldn't be happier with this company but there is one thing that needs improvement; more work to sustain employment.

That's one bad thing about this company, they hire a ton of temps (most of which don't stay on long because they can't handle the workflow) which takes away from those of us who need to keep the job in order to make it by.

The benefits are really good and don't take a lot of one's paycheck which is a definite plus.

The only other thing that's wrong with the company is this particular facility is working with overly-outdated equipment. If you work here on the mill side be prepared for machines constantly breaking down, being moved to different areas of the mill and pushing a broom for hours on end. They keep you busy during these times but it's just annoying when it becomes a regular thing.

The last thing I have to say is towards the people whom have worked there for longer than a year; a vast majority of them are really good people. You will find a few bad people who could care less about anything but most of them are people who care about your job and your life.
Pros
Pay, benefits, people
Cons
Temps, not enough work, outdated machines
IDX Corporation
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 15, 2015
I supported the manufacturing of store fixtures. I was responsible for purchasing raw materials available in the United States and finished products made in China. I was able to change the signage supplier at tremendous savings. I also streamlined the procurement of mirrors so it became a JIT product. This reduced the rate of damage since the mirrors arrived when the order was ready to ship. I worked with the manufacturing team to reduce the number and type of fasteners used in production. I was also able to reduct the cost of outbound freight by consolidating shipments.
Pros
I was able to make a difference in a very short time
Cons
I was not able to save as much as I had plan to if my position was not eliminated.
poor management from the top down
supervisor (Former Employee) –  DaytonJune 9, 2015
Its ran like a company thats not sure if theyll still be there the next day. One of the worst run companies ive ever seen. Employee turnover rate is staggering., from machinists, techs all the way up to engineers and supervisors. Not professional in the least...

Had problems paying simple Bills like the trash. Smh...

Advice to Management

Try and be professional. Stop the witch hunts, those weekly round table "who shall we point the finger at today" meetings. Learn from the experience of employees you bring in, try not to ignore their suggestions.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
poor management, layoffs and organizational chaos
Fun and Fast Paced Workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 12, 2015
My work environment is not for everyone. It takes a special person to survive in the Retail Fixture Business. I have adapted well and I have made myself a valuable member of the team. I have worked very hard to get to my current position. I thrive off helping team members come up with solutions to our customers needs.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
We manufacture in China and this requires many conference calls at night.
Poor place to work with unrealistic expectations of demand vs. life balance.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  VariousMarch 12, 2015
idX touts that they are a growing organization when in fact they have recently downsized workforce, consolidated plants and say they do profit sharing and employee bonus programs when in fact they haven't paid out in years.

Management does share any genuine care for their overall well being of their employees. If they did they would respect and protect their employees with the amount of pressures and hours they place. An account manager, making 40k a year shouldn't be on calls and emails all hours of the day and night.

Lastly, the senior management excludes themselves from the review process and are not held accountable for their actions. They each play their cards against one another and talk behind each other's back. I think even the Senior Director of Marketing and the overall VP of Operations are married. Nepotism much?
Pros
Holiday lunches
Cons
Healthcare, long work hours, too much pressure
Great co-workers
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Working at IDX (pre GE) was a great learning experience which led to learning the ETM application.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
Great people with great additutes
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 20, 2014
This job was one of the most challenging positions I ever accepted and took on.
I take pleasure in being able to turn the Shipping Department and Order Fulfillment around, from a team who made many errors and were not seen as incompetent to a competent dependable team.
My only disappointments are that I may have worked myself out a job, by helping to develop a competent team and creating processes and procedures for all three department, Shipping, Order Pulling and Inventory Control and creating written Employee "Duties & Responsibilities", the department was competent enough to be ran by the leads.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
To many Family Memeber to GM
A place to grow
Jr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 27, 2014
If you love dealing with problems non-stop and love being a workaholic then this is the place for you. There are some great people at this facility, but I feel like it has issues that start at the top. This is definitely a place to learn and grow because it is so fast-paced and has many aspects to the job. If you love working under pressure then this is the place to be. There is always pressure to get things done and the deadlines never end.
Pros
There is much to learn about the industry in the extremely fast-paced environment
Cons
The benefits aren't enough to make you feel like the hours you invest are worth it
Very nice company to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 18, 2013
TYpical day at work consisted of comanaging fixture projects for a large retail chain. Very busy, and stressful at times.Learned valuable information from the project manager that i assisted. Coworkers were very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the long days of working 60+ hours a week and traveling for days at a time.
Pros
great perks, and benefits
Cons
extremely long work hours, being on call 24 hrs
Doesn't exist any more
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2012
Interesting place to work, however was bought out several years ago by GE.
Pros
dedicated staff
Cons
closed