idX Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for no structure
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2019
IDX is a terrible company to work for. There is no structure and no management. If you try to speak up and change something for the better of the company you get punished for doing so as the company believes they are always right. They work you to the point you are frustrated and you change as a person. There is no support and no work/life balance. Think twice before working for this company. They will lead you to believe that everything is going to be great but it is not. They make up there own rules as they go and there is no standard corporate guidelines that every branch follows. Benefits offered are absolutely terrible. Only thing good about this company is the pay. Pay is fair and that is it.
Fun until you don't agree with them or speak up on things that's wrong.
A/R Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 16, 2019
They work you like a dog, it's sad when your boss has no back bone and doesn't know your job and doesn't not help with the work. You are over worked..
Pros
Work out room
Cons
Over worked - very stressful job. Very bad management.
They had a gym for employees is the only good thing I can think of. Upper management lied to employees in order to keep them from quitting.
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 12, 2018
Many employees were told they were getting a hiring raise when they knew that the new management company was not going to honor the raises.

Frequent layoffs, and being told if they signed up for unemployment they would be the last to be called back to work.
Different Everyday
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 16, 2018
This facility works on multiple items that differ in design everyday. A very good company to work for. Facility gives one entitlement for their project and are able to review on the factory floor.
Pros
Family oriented, New Challenges
Cons
Fantastic company, extremely bright & knowledgeablecolleagues
VP Business Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2018
I have nothing negative to say about my time at idX.
I didn't join them to be the cleverest in the room & at idX I wasn't.
I love being surrounded by bright people-makes my job easier!
My desire to part company was linked to a ceiling on commission-period.
Pros
Sper supportive, fantastic design & project management
Cons
Challenged on cost & sometimes responsiveness for clients.
In a word: cruel
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 8, 2018
Don't work for this company - at least the "Baltimore Division" that is now in Fredericksburg. The work/life balance is zero. The General Manager is a yeller/shouter and was not completely truthful to me on numerous occassions.
No room for growth.
Quality Assurance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 13, 2017
No career advancement. Low compensation. Management not very good at their jobs. Job culture sucks due to management and low wages. Company could use a few changes.
Healthcare informations provider
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJuly 25, 2017
working at IDX was highly rewarding, offering a strong training program and support structure, enabling consistent client success. The work structure was flexible and designed to foster strong team interaction and support.
Great Place to work
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WISeptember 26, 2016
I loved this job. I met great people and friends for life. My daughter still goes to this clinic as a patient and I will never work at a place so enjoyable again in life--great people!
Great Environment and Exciting Work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2016
Great work experience and excellent coworkers. Work life balance was good. Travel and meeting new people. Learned a lot from this position. Promotions were given equally.
Pros
Travel and telecomute
Cons
long hours at times
good
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  South Burlington, VTMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed working from home, but missed the people. When GE bought IDX it got a lot less personel. I miss that! I miss dealing with people one on one sometimes.
Pros
pay
Cons
no pay
Fun place to work
Software Engineer/CS/Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 23, 2015
I liked working for IDX. The culture at IDX was very competative with supportive management. Both management and my coworkers were great to work with.
Pros
Management and Co-workers were great to work with
Cons
Company was bought by GE Health who went through a major restructure
Great Place to work and grow
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2015
Within this company I was able to grow and build my knowledge within healthcare. I had several roles and responsibilities that allowed me to provide customer service, troubleshoot technical issues, manage a group of people along with installing the software at large academic healthcare organization.
Pros
Working with Customers and technical troubleshooting allowed more analytical thinking
Cons
Latter years management and loss the customer service relationships
great place to work
Senior Implementation Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 18, 2015
idx was bought out by ge. idx was a terrific place to work. i just got tired of the traveling. pay was good. ge is laying off a lot of workers in the healthcare sector so be careful of taking a position there.
Global Company with Local Start up
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Warehouse work with some great, hardworking employees.
I would say that the hardest part of the job is the hot climate within the building during the summer and any training will most likely come in the form of a reprimand instead of actual training.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of a job well done when the customer is happy with their product being received with quality and in a timely manner.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Mid Management
Wonderful job till they turn backs on you
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  WestJune 27, 2014
Always been a fun and rewarding job. You are asked and expected to give up your life and family for huge amounts of work After dedicating yourself and helping them to achieve record sales, you are told that you have done a great job and are an asset to the company. Then the following week, you are informed that despite your and many others' efforts, you are being laid off for no reason other than money. Over a dozen, hard working, tenured employees, cut loose across the company to eliminate salary and fluff the overall numbers.
You work hard, do right by everyone, strive for perfection and recognition but in the end you are just a pawn, expendable at any time so the disconnected senior management can reap the benefits of your hard work and enjoy the fruits of all your labor.
An unfortunate consequence to keep in mind that wondering if you have a job one day to the next, regardless of how successful you are is not the ideal scenario to work in. I am still struggling to support my family in transition looking for a new job and hurt from the complete disregard the company has for employees and their livelihood.
Pros
Loved the work, loved my coworkers.
Cons
Politics
idX is a great company I wish there was more work so I could stay
Installer (Current Employee) –  MOJuly 19, 2013
On a normal job I would arrive on Sunday check into my Hotel and go to the jobsite, I would let the store know I was in town and would be starting the job the next morning.

I would check ion with the General contractor and the truck line making sure del. was set up.
My crew would show up and I would meet them for the first time on Monday, we would unload our display and equipment (wall panels , cabinet, lights , stands.
I would lay out the plans and go over them with my crew, after the walls and cabinets are installed we would set them up per the plans
and plan o grams.
Pros
each job I got to meet new people and learn different ways
Cons
never working with same crews, sometime just not enough hours in a day
great people and place to work
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cuero, TXApril 16, 2013
nice place to work. great poeple to work with.
mostly keeping equipment up and running so production could be made. some days are harder than others. the management was great and the co workers were also easy to get along with
Pros
good pay
Cons
medical ins. not very good and pricely
good, fast paced work enviornment.
Edgebander (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INAugust 16, 2012
good place to work, paid every week, learn how to use a variety of equipment. co- workers are nice and courteous.
Productine
Administrative Asst/Mailroom Copy Clerk (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 10, 2012
I worked in the mail room and delivered everyones mail. I sometimes would have to answer phones at the switchboard.
Pros
free lunches from time to time
Cons
short breaks