IFS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Biased workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leander, TXAugust 14, 2018
Working here has definitely taught me a thing or two about customer service needs. Pay is good, and so are the benefits. However when it comes to management and work environment, it has been one of the worst jobs I've worked in. Not only are the managers unjust with people of color but they watch your every move, I would not recommend anyone of color work for this discriminatory company. I enjoyed working here until I truly saw every one of the managers' colors, they belittle as a human being just because of the color of your skin. Rules and expectations are enforced, but only those of colored skin have to follow.
Fair
Service Technician/Driver/SALES (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 30, 2018
Great company family owned learn as you grow. Fast paced great people ..Good pay fourty hours work week some weekends.Learn a new feild oil recycying ….
Pros
Swefwqfw
Cons
Wefwqfw
Fun work environment
Delta Staffing Lead Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2018
Uniform consultations and fittings for flight attendants are the bulk of a typical work day at Delta headquarters. I learned so much about style, fit, measurements, customer service and organizational skills. Management was always readily available to assist with fittings and any issues or concerns occurring on the floor. It is a very diverse workplace and very friendly team environment. The hardest part about the job is ensuring that each flight attendant has the right and accurate fit. The most enjoyable part about the job was interacting with the flight attendants and learning about their journey in becoming a flight attendant.
They lie
Floater (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 26, 2018
They are liers. They hire you for one thing, but use you entirely differently. They tell u a certain amount of hours, but work you FAR longer. And they have a “floater” position, but will have u at the same place nightly, beware of blackbaud! And I heard other places are worse!
Pros
They won’t breathe down your neck
Cons
they lie about hours and job duties
i was some good but i dont like
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
I was working there but jcpenny offers me a better position so i move on to a better places to have good.benefits end to be haven't the 2 daysoff lukemonday to fridays
Cons
shortbreak
Fun to do welding
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lake Crystal, MNAugust 14, 2017
I like to weld. But it was hard sometimes! It was full time! So I had to get surgery because I injured myself. I liked my co-workers there too! I really miss them!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short lunch
Hvac
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 12, 2017
Learning the fieid of hvac the work is great learn everyday,management needs improvement s. Great company for a beginner.you have to be a family member or a good friend to go places ,experience really doesn't matter at ifs
Pros
A challenge
Cons
Need certification
good place to work
Shop Foreman/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clinton, OKMarch 29, 2017
mngmt. was good. but felt i should have been given raises.though it was understandable with decline in oilfeild at that time.i enjoyed working for ifs. thier christian and moral atmosphere was good almost unussual in the oilfeild bussiness.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
no raises
It was just work no fun ,coworkers create thire own fun
Kitchen production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2017
You have to make the job fun while doing your work. the hardest part of my job was finding new way to work. My coworkers taught me a lot so we can get the job done on time.
fun place to work
IFS trainee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2016
great experience, learn aircraft language, cpr qualified, OE flights, made a lot acquaintance.its a great company very challenging but you will come out one of the best. love my supervisor they taught me a lot.
productive challenging work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  pflugervilleAugust 10, 2015
great place to work great balance of work and family always a new challenge and very busy work place great benefits and OT if needed
Pros
bonus and 401 k
fast past job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 7, 2015
long days and I learned a lot about food and there were great people working there the hardest part of this job was the long days but the great part was getting those nice checks
Pros
great pay
Cons
cold
Logistics
Operations (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 4, 2015
Everyday is different in the world of logistics. In this company, one can challenge themselves to stay on top of it all. Best learning experience ever and thrown right into the action of coordinating shipments from door to door, or port to port.
Not a reliable for hours
Line/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Deer Creek, MNApril 1, 2015
Not knowing if you will get a 40 hour week or always layoffs. They don't have good ventilation for painters. I would not refer this job to anyone. This company has their favorites and pet pees.
Pros
They have company Christmas Dinner.
Cons
They have their favorite pet pees
It is a bank
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2015
It is ok to work in, but it is a bank with the view that technology is the cost center. A lot of systems are legacy but company more interested in the compliance, s.not the great technology advancement.
Pros
you can work from home
Cons
everything takes months to accomplish
IFS believed employees should share in the rewards of their labor.
Owner/President (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJanuary 26, 2015
IFS provided computer software/hardware systems services for the business magazine publishing industry. A multimillion dollar company with an IT staff of 20-25, promotions were primarily from within. The company believed employees should reap the benefits of their labor.

The best part of working there was you never new what the day had in store and your duties would vary with the challenges as they arose. Data service was the business but contract negotiations with customers and vendors as well as sales were daily routines.
Pros
Never boring, always new challanges
Cons
Adversely affected by the drop in advertising revenues
It was a good place to work.
Purchasing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CADecember 9, 2014
Very busy in the Purchasing Department. I liked working with the Marketing department, creating new products for fundraising. I liked many of the people I worked with. Most enjoyable part, was the samples we would get.
I was sad when my position was eliminated and eventually the company closed.
Pros
The Team building Parties
Cons
No bonuses
very productive job,
o Analyst for Beachmint accounts (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CADecember 9, 2014
The job was a very straightforward task full with many things to accomplish throughout the days.
The management was mostly always on top on the employees and their jobs.
I learned to developed communication skill by organizing weekly meetings and leading them.
The hardest part was to find answers/solutions to situations that seemed hard to find the problem to.
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers because they atmosphere and vibe was great
Pros
big parking lot
Cons
no flexibility in the schedule
Global Food Processor
Corporate Quality Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 30, 2014
Unilever is a $70+ B food and consumer products company. Bestfoods is a $9 B subsidiary of Unilever developing and manufacturing savory sauces and dry blend branded products food manufacturers, food retailers and food service.
Great Company
management and security (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 4, 2014
Was educational, a new look at in a office setting took it to help the owner who had serious medical issues, she knew me and knew she could trust me.
Pros
Classes, Education
Cons
State and Federal Input and checks ever 3 month -Banking?