IGS Energy

IGS Energy Employee Reviews

United States155 reviews
Learning Experience
started out as a great company. 6 months in we get a pay cut. Mangement did a shift change and culture. After prices went to 62 ccf i was done!
New to sales good company to get your feet wet. Seasoned sslesman no room for advancement. Good ole boys club!
horrible
Micro managed and long hours never good enough always wants more there is nothing good about working for IGS like i said long hours and always being called on the phone every hour even when not on the clock they would give the excuse you are salaried no life work balance at all
During my tenure, it was a good company, but stressful
There were a lot of changes in management as well as upgraded business tactics. For example, employees hired to go door-to-door, new products were offered commercially and residentially, etc. So there were many changes, but there was also employee appreciation activity as well.
Amazing place to work
Loved working for this company!! The leadership there was amazing. I would recommend this job to anyone who is interested in sales!! I always was able to get help if I asked and the work life balance was unmeasurable.
Motivating company
IGS energy was a fun place to work at. I loved the motivational class that we would get at the beginning of our day . It was my first time doing door to door sales . Some days would be exhausting but i loved that i could choose my own hours and build my own paychecks.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Tough door to door sales
My management was great, extremely supportive. Decent pay. You must hit a minimum of sales each week or work Saturday/Sunday as well until you reach the minimum. Job itself is tough. IGS prices are higher than the top competitors so it’s very hard to sell to those people. The easy sales are to customers who are being ripped off by other customers but even then, you have to get them to let you talk and have them listen which is very hard when you’re doing door to door. Hours aren’t great, basically the peak times of day (10am-7pm or 11am-8pm) need to be a self motivated person to be successful.
Great place to work... However, management is sub-par.
The company was great in terms of pay, benefits, somewhat in regards to work/life balance... But management needs a lot of work. We were never in the loop about changes being made, management didn't attempt to help struggling reps. In my case, I was formally a very successful rep with IGS, however, I struggled towards the end of my employment and I wasn't given any help whatsoever. It's possible that it may not of made a difference, but it's also possible that it could have, and potentially having my team lead come out into the field with me (which is part of their increased pay) would have likely made a difference in my case. Other than that, I enjoyed my time with IGS.
Awesome place to work with great culture
The company was extremely helpful in helping me grow professionally. I enjoyed my team and they taught me quite a bit about who I want to be after I graduate. The culture was welcoming and inviting and everyone there wanted to help me.
Great Company
This is a great progressive Company. I recommend this company to anyone looking to get involved in the energy business. Much room to grow and advance.
They'll say they care, but they don't
Sure, you'll make sales and get promoted once or twice. But in the end, they're snakes that will lie to get you fired. Management will be your best friend, until they want you out, then no amount of truth you say will save you. They'll bully you into thinking you're a horrible person. Do not work here
Great place to work!
Great place to work! Great benefits and commodore. Lots of people to help you understand the business and cheering you on along the way. Volunteering is awesome as well.
Great Culture and upside for those that are competitive and driven
Leadership is very motivating and inspirational. Great benefits with base pay that is competitive, but commission can fluctuate with rates and competition. They have products and services that others don't provide, and they truly care for their employees. I would recommend this organization to anyone that is driven and enjoys green energy and products that people need, but need educated on as well.
My time with igs
I enjoyed my time here, the pay is unbeatable. You can make 6 figures with ease. The culture and atmosphere is the greatest of any employer I've ever worked for.

But you'll be sacrificing relationships, social events, your family to keep up with what's going on in the market, route planning, note taking, phone calls (you get business cards to give to every customer with your cell phone number on them). In the end, it was too much for me.
Can’t say enough great things about IGS!
I have had so many opportunities for advancement in my time with IGS. Great atmosphere with co-workers and leaders. IGS is huge into giving back and I have had some of the greatest experiences in my time here! Excited for the future!
Pros
Culture, benefits, work-life balance
Cons
Weather occasionally
Rediculous company to involve yourself with.
If you are "ghetto", apply here. Phony-baloney management team trying to get you to sell OVERPRICED gas and electricity to unsuspecting people. Heck, even the manager at the Beachwood office is NOT stupid enough to be a customer with those high prices!

Betting he's not the only one.
Starts out great until all the lies become apparent......
First off they never mentioned during the interview process that you would have to work on the weekends. The commission structure is a joke, you work for the companies benefit and then after 13 sales in the week, you get an embarrassing $20 for the 13th sale. The only way you can make any money is to lie to customers, if you have any integrity, you will not survive. For example, when they launched solar in our area, we were told to tell customers it was FREE. When I mentioned in meetings that there was no way it was free I was labeled the trouble maker and was asked if I believed in what I was doing.
Cons
Terrible commission, need to lie to get sales
Do you like sitting down?
Get paid to sit down and scam people all day long. Lie to poor old people regarding their bills. Get them into higher contracts so they can’t afford medication.
Most Incredible Work environment
Management is on your side. They are more coaches then managers. Their success is based on your success and they know it. I have never experienced this level of collaborative work environment.
If you don’t have a soul this is for you.
If you want to sell a product that you wouldn’t sell to your grandparents, then stay away. This is a high pressure door to door sales job. If you’re a super fast talker, and want to raise people’s bills then you’ll do well. And, if you don’t have a soul.
Cons
Door to door sales when most of Americans work during the day.
Management are fascists
I worked there for 3 years as a commercial territory manager. After two years our bosses changed everything for the worst. They added lots of work and unnecessary meetings to justify their own jobs. They monitored our emails, criticized everything we did and said. When before these idiots took over we were doing just fine. TheyEE and MR started firing everyone thinking hiring college kids was the answer. Last I heard they were being sued for age discrimination. Hope EE and MR are homeless by now.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –
What a sad incompetent group of liars...I was in the top 10% of sales people in this company...was badgered constantly to sell more...was Induced to lie to sell more... was micromanaged at every turn...watched as team leads allowed sales people to lie cheat and steal because they made money on these crooked sales and let the cheating go on for months....the lies were encouraged by a management style imported from a group recruited from another company that used the same crooked tactics to stack up sales...the new mission is to eliminate the sales team in favor of the call center it seems..... and sales are routinely stolen by these phone thieves because they are paid so much less......so sad because the owner has been duped into thinking the company is being handled ethically...run from these liars and never look back
Pros
Not a single one
Cons
Poor management, poor training, lies about pay, you beat your own car to death, no morals, no ethics