IGS Energy Employee Reviews

Should be better
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 14, 2019
The easy things are great. Good food, wellness options, and beautiful building.
Opposition to management ideas for the better of the business is not always welcomed.
I had high hopes to find my forever job but the instability and anxiety is hard to deal with.
Pros
Workout room, benefits, cafe on site
Cons
Dental benefits, male management
Igs
Outbound Sales Represenative (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioFebruary 7, 2019
IGS is a good, thorough company, they care about heir employees,
Provided exceptional customer experiences and commnication to assist the business in making an informed decision for their energy needs. Also
educated businesses on IGS products and services that resulted in a sale or savings on their account. Educated them on navigating the system and procedures, to provide smooth transaction and resolutions when assisting a business. Met and exceed business customer satisfaction and sales goals.Also took advantage of opportunities to up-sell.
Pros
down to earth
Cons
no rseidual income
Super place to work, management and coworkers are great. Benefits great.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHFebruary 6, 2019
Love everything about this company. Trustworthy, great customer service, super benefits.
It a door to door sale and some days it's not easy walking in the hot summer sun and cold winter days.
Pay , bonuses, benefits, gas and phone allowances, all in all wonderful. I wish every company is as awesome to their employees and customer as this company.
The best job I've ever had!
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH 43016February 3, 2019
Opportunities for advancement and bonuses. Dublin and Agler management is stellar! HR is fantastic! The friendliest people you will ever meet. The best place I have ever worked!
Pros
Culture, bonus, and pay
IGS Energy
Marketing Representative/Area Salesman (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 29, 2019
IGS Energy was a very good job at the time i was working there.

It paid for my travel from Texas to Chicago, as well as a place to start and food.

It was a very great experience during the time that i worked there.
Not what they say it is, avoid like the plague
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 25, 2019
I started at IGS with the hope of working for a great company that believed in the same things I believed in. I drank the kool aid for a while, but quickly realized that this job is not what I was promised. Management promises you the moon but then is absent for most of your time here. Training only took a few days. That is not nearly enough time for a door-to-door sales job. This is a whole different animal. You will basically dupe people into raising their electricity and natural gas rates all day. Management stresses integrity in training but then wants you to do whatever it takes to get them to sign up for "price protection" which inevitably raises the customer's utility bills by $20+ a month. I find myself using deceptive practices to get people to sign up to avoid getting on management's bad side. If you do not kiss up to management, you will not succeed here. They will find any little thing to push you out. This is a recurring pattern with this company. In my opinion, management is under-qualified and overpaid. These are some of the worst managers and team leads I have ever worked for. You will have to attend weekly meetings that waste 2-3 hours per meeting. After that, you are still expected to go door-to-door, interact with at least 25-30 individual customers, and obtain 3 new "sales." It is near impossible on those days. Sometimes you also have a separate phone meeting during the week. This is another big time waster. The same things are covered every week. It is pointless. Management preaches autonomy but will micromanage and call you multiple times a day if your  more... performance slips. Their advice and compliments are always condescending and backhanded. This is how the inexperienced managers operate. You are to use your own vehicle to work each day. You are reimbursed for mileage but it is only $0.20 per mile - less than half the national average. Be prepared to drive hundreds of miles a week to move throughout your territory. You begin on a $30k a year "salary" and have the possibility for commission only if you exceed the weekly goal of 12 new sales. Depending on your territory and how deceptive you are, this can be very difficult. I've seen many people come and go because they have integrity and are not willing to sell using deception. I put the word salary in quotes because it is not really salary. You're paid hourly. If you miss a day, your pay will be docked. If you suck up to management enough and consistently hit your numbers, you will be sent to the home office in Dublin, OH to drink more kool aid for a few days. This "promotion" comes with a $5k a year raise and residual income from sales if you can hold on that long. Keep in mind that you will be out in the elements for this job. There are no days off other than the major holidays. You are required to attend community service events as part of your "salary." There is no way around this. Oh, you're sick? Forget it. Get out there and work. There are no days off. If you don't hit your goal by Friday, Saturday is mandatory. Be prepared to work six days a week if you don't deceive people into signing up all week, as is encouraged. I do not recommend this job to anyone. It is unforgiving and unrewarding. Management is awful as are the executives. You're just a number here and if you don't produce, you're out. Beware. Their "price protection" is a scam. They're just like all the other energy suppliers. Steer clear of IGS.  less
Pros
"salary", unique sales territory, autonomy unless you're on the bad list
Cons
awful insurance, management, six day work week for some, energy prices are higher than most
A beautiful building
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 24, 2019
A family business, fun, Affordable place to work, Excellent training, Good people to work for, Good management, Room for growth within the company. Good clientale.
Pros
Healthy foods, Beautiful building, good pay
Cons
More attention, closer busline
Workday
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH 43016January 7, 2019
go door to door to sell gas, electric, or home protection Monday-though Friday 8am-8pm. Phone sales. Management doesn't care about their sales reps or their families just sales.
Best job you will ever have
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  East Pittsburgh, PANovember 29, 2018
Great place to work. Flexible schedule. Best work/home balance. Great salary. Work with great people and get to help out your local community. Couldn’t recommend this job enough!!
Awsome
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 26, 2018
Great experience, great brand, own it, have a purpose, core values, and one heck of a brand. I learned about IGS through indeed. I was hesitant at first but when I met with the Market Manager I was intrigued. Three promotions in two years later, I love the respect.
High energy, great team, fantastic compensation and overall rewarding experience.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 26, 2018
I've developed myself both personally and professionally through working at IGS. There is nothing like the experience you get from talking to 20-30 new people every day. My family and friends have all noticed the positive development in my conversational and marketing skills over the past year.

The job is very simple, but not always easy. Not everyone is going to want to buy, however, purpose driven products and the impeccable training prepares you to be ready for anything.

I can't say enough about the culture at IGS, both at the Pittsburgh office and the company as a whole. Every single employee, whether peer or manager, treats you as family and will do everything to ensure your success.
Pros
Family feel, team oriented, great compensation, work-life balance
Cons
simple but not always easy
ok company with way too much micro management
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 7, 2018
Leadership was lacking and too much time trying to micro manage everyone
training was good and fun at meetings
too many weekly meetings requiring long travel times
unrealistic schedules with poor management
Pros
fun environment and freedom of schedule
Cons
hours of schedule required
good place to work
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2018
Peers are awesome but middle tier management has some maturity to learn. Over all would refer to my best friend to work there. Now I need to find more characters to move through this.
Pros
good open enviornment
Cons
management is stuck in their ways and not open to new ideas
Great place to work if your all about making money.
OUTBOUND SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2018
I loved working at IGS ENERGY but the hours and the job it's self does get to you. Talking to people and if someone just passed away , you can hear it in their voice. But most of all I never got to see my family through the week. Over all it's a great place to work .
Pros
Good money, great people to work with and amazing benefits
Cons
Hours
Job is good for those who have no conscience
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHOctober 16, 2018
This job is based on salary +commission on unit sales you make. Also, you can become employed here with little or no education background whatsoever. In the time I worked there, it seemed as though Management focused entirely on Quantity over Quality of employees.
Aside from that, since it is commission based with weekly quotas that had to be hit, many Home Energy Consultans (HECs) and Territory Managers would do and say anything to get their unit sales. This model, I felt directly affected the customers, since the HECs or TMs don’t necessarily approach a door to “help” the consumer, but to say or do whatever they need to in order to lock the consumer into a contract. I had seen a number of HECs and TMs first hand downright lie to people about anything they could, misleading consumers into signing contracts, thus securing their numbers.
The commission model that this company brags creates a scamming and dangerous environment for the consumer.
Aside from that, just research all the negative complaints the company has had posted to then BBB. Now consider the number of people who have been affected by lies who didn’t think to report the issue.
Pros
Monetary Compensation
Cons
Weather, Misleading, Life Balance, Door to Door, Not Transplarent
Great place to work if you do not have kids
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILSeptember 25, 2018
I loved working for IGS. They helped me when I needed it the most. However the hours that we need to work are not the best when you have a family. The compensation it amazing.
Pros
The compensation
Cons
hours
N/a
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 16, 2018
Motivated work environment with a strong management group.
Management skills highly encouraged to perform job duties on day to day basis.
Face-to-face customer service interaction required.
igs
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILSeptember 8, 2018
Illinois has a hard market, those from Ohio didnt believe it and set extremely high and unreasonable expectations for the company and the sale targets for the employees causing the job to be much more stressful than it should be
Energy Sales
Supervisor/Sales (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHAugust 27, 2018
Door to Door energy campaign. We door knocked until afte the sun went down and came across as pushy door to door sales to hit office goals. Our product was not always in the customers best interest.
Pros
offer customer choice programs
Cons
door to door
good $$$ tough product to sell
Technical Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 27, 2018
Very hard product to sell. i was successful there for 2 years but got tired of the constant increase in sales goals. No help from marketing, no marketing materials, no sales aides, etc...
Pros
weekly pay, benefits
Cons
Stress, Competitive marketing, Goals Always rising, managers Ride You

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IGS Energy. Our community is ready to answer.