IGT Employee Reviews

Director has terrible organization & people skills
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 11, 2018
My job description for the Chef Manager position was completely differrent than what was actually my reality. No direction in the beginning, no budget, no support, no organization and Human Resources was completely a virtual reality... computer based & someone on a phone from far away. They fired our 1st Food Service Director, which was a solid professional, then promoted an unconfident newly hired supervisor to be our director. Big Mistakes, Bad Business, Train Wreck Direction and Fake Menus & Recipes stolen from the Food Network website. I was Laid-Off, which wasn't a big disappointment... I felt rescued.
Pros
Hours of operation
Cons
Direction from Leadership, Micromanagement, Fake Recipes, 17 weeks of cycle menu, but every menus were old school cafeteria, H.R. is terrible "FAKE!"
Great friendships
Employee (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 30, 2018
Encouraging MGT, nice life balance.. There are places to work out and unwind along with opportunities to make connections with people. There is a cafeteria and focus on wellness.
Productive and challenging work place
BACK UP LEAD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 26, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily excitement that goes along with working on a printing press that had an upward speed of 1000 ft. per minute.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Favortism
Great place to work.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 22, 2018
I enjoy working at IGT co workers are great working is quiet, fun, fast paced. Hours are perfect and lots of overtime. My supervisor is awesome and understanding of what we do.
un buen lugar para trabajar en conjunto y en armonia
Salesman/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  santo domingo RDJune 10, 2018
Un ambiente laboral satifactorio en el trabajo y buena remuneracion economica.
Lots of opportunities but really have to work for it in order to achieve it
Product Tester IV International Gaming (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 10, 2018
Easy fun place to work, but positions are already taken before you even apply. Management is kinda unfair but other than that it’s a pretty good job. Love been a finalizer but feel like I should be more appreciated due to the amount of hard work I put up with it. Lots of overtime, which is great. No bonuses though.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Favoritism, lots of people fooling around.
n/a
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 6, 2018
i worked there as an intern through the year up program i loved the people i worked with and overall the culture there was very positive but i never once met anyone from management so i dont have much to say in those regards
IGT is a Great Place to Work
Help Desk Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 5, 2018
The company culture, the hours, flexibility, life-work balance, everything is great! I was a contractor but even then was treated extremely well and love it here!
Great Intern Position
Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 1, 2018
The workplace culture was relaxed and also friendly. Even if you worked in a different jurisdiction than other colleagues, everyone still knew each other and was willing to help with anything. It was a really fun atmosphere and the location is exciting.
Good starting place
Casino Services Field Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atmore, ALMay 28, 2018
It was a goo learning experience for me after my training but would not want to be a full time working in gaming technology. Thankful for the opportunity
Awesome workplace!
Call Center Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2018
Offers a lot of career growth and advancement .Very family oriented,offers company traveling. Very comfortable environment.Micro Managed majority of the time.
Fast paced with lots of opportunity.
Director (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 14, 2018
IGT can position you for wonderful opportunities and expose you to multiple business disciplines. An MBA program for the hearty and weathered. You will learn something everyday.
Drive by yourself and can never reach any bosses.
IT Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMay 14, 2018
The job has its benefits, but for me it isn't where I want to be in 5 years. Also management is sloppy. Not given the whole story upon the job interview. You find this all out later on down the road when you get yelled at for not following the rules. Which were told to you wrong in the first place. Also very hard to get fired.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Afraid to take breaks
Fun work with lots of culture
Sub Assembler 2 (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 10, 2018
Great work that can change depending on the product you build. Will push and test many different skills wity lots of opportunities to learn new skills
Stressful job with no advancement opportunities or raises
Order Entry/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 2, 2018
Job is consistently stressful, with no advancement, raises, or promotions in sight. This used to be a great place to work, but since the buyout, all our perks have been taken away. The only good thing is if you've made it past the five-year mark, you have 200 hours of vacation along with one week of sick pay. There is always a reason why you have not done your job well enough to get a raise. If you don't know people, you won't go anywhere. I worked my tail off to get a degree while working here full time and after graduation, was told that degrees really don't make a difference, when five years ago I was told that a degree would push me into management. You are constantly asked to do more work and learn more new processes without any compensation. Salary employees make up the majority of the company, and are able to work from home and have other small perks like 4 hours of time per day they can use to leave work early or come in late without using sick or vacation time, but hourly employees have to clock in and out and don't have those options. It is discouraging to come in to work every day and work with people who don't have the same restrictions you do. Management has no idea what you do and therefore year-end reviews make no sense because they don't know what they are talking about when looking at what you have done throughout the year. Healthcare has increased yearly and I'm paying out of pocket more every year when I never had to before. Management says they promote hiring from within but then hire from outside.
Pros
Vacation, on-site cafeteria and gym
Cons
No promoting from within unless you know someone, no raises, healthcare insurance is horrible, management out of touch
Good
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 19, 2018
Loved working there. It was fast paced and a good job. Loved the people I worked with. My manager was great! If you are fast and a quick leatner this job would be good for you.
Long Term Position
Gaming Systems Software Tester II (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 9, 2018
At first working at IGT was challenging and fulfilling. Towards the end of working at IGT they did As a QA Engineer the work was interest and I had the opportunity to learn how databases work. I was there 18+ years and have no regrets.
Stressful life due to Management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 30, 2018
Management causes the workplace to be extremely stressful and makes the job much harder then it should be. The complete lack of knowledge, uneducated within the field of business but promotion due to knowing the right people, causes a team that cannot function.

When there is an issue, Manager is no where to be found. Goodluck with dealing with anything unlessyiur a cute woman...
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Lack of management
fun
VP IT Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 30, 2018
The company was great to work for from 2000 through 2011. New leadership that was brought in changed the culture for the worse, and at the same time the industry was going through tough times so layoffs happened every month.
Pros
compensation
Cons
tough industry
Call Center
Support Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work. Management communication was terrific between every department. Job responsibilities were primarily reporting whereabouts of specific parts and technician while relaying information to customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IGT. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

55out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at IGT.

Powered by Comparably