IGT Employee Reviews

A Great Place
Instant Ticket Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 12, 2018
This is the place you want to work. They treat you extremely well and provide you with a great work environment.

The benefits are beyond amazing and the health plans are top notch.
Great Experience
Finance Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 7, 2018
Amazing internship experience. I was able to get two years of corporate finance through their program and learned many new skills. Excel is heavily used to create reports.
software Lakeland FL only
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 17, 2018
if you are working for software game Dev you must be perfect, no mistakes are tolerated. The Manager was great to work with. Lots of process are not standardized.
Pros
free soda machine, some good people in process
Cons
can be treated as sweat shop at times, No remote access.
Flexible
Data Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 16, 2018
Overall the company has been a good place to work, the only issue is the work and home life balance is difficult as a manager you are 24/7 and even when on vacation you are working.
Cons
Pay
Bench technician repairing lottery machines
SERVICE REP, BENCH TECH, NETWORK SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2018
I was lead technician at the Georgia lottery repairing, installing and setting up communications with the lottery machines. This required ingenuity and patience.
Pros
Met lots of customers
Cons
Low salary
Great Company
WAP Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 28, 2018
This was a fun and great job. Salary and benefits were great as well as the job culture. The management was great there was a little bit of cut throat to get ahead but overall a great company and job.
Family Friendly Environment
Call Center Agent I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Typical day is answering incomings call or making outbound calls as necessary about lottery related items and helping troubleshoot lottery equipment.
Learned about resolving technical issues with lottery equipment. Management is understanding and cares about their workers. Employees are helpful, friendly, and treat you like family. The most enjoyable part of the job is the company get togethers, job pot luck, contests, and catered events.
Pros
Fun family oriented environment
Cons
Great until mass lay off
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2018
The company was wonderful to work for until they did a mass layoff at the call center and ripped a lot of people apart. Honestly I would go back because the job itself was great and the company was great too but a mass lay off leaves a bad taste in someones mouth
stressful management
Field Svc. Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2018
The biggest issue I had was w/the supervisor at the time. Supervisor was unreliable and was quick to get anyone in trouble. Even though you did your job they asked for too much and did not pay enough
Most relaxed job ever, also lowest pay.
Feild Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MISeptember 1, 2018
I worked for IGT for a few months as a FST. Coming from another big company as a technician this was a very easy job with few complaints besides pay and lack of work life balance. The pay is extremely low in my area and there are guys who worked there for years who agree. This is a great job for someone with a low overhead expense budget or fresh out of HS looking for work. Management was great, very hands off as long as you do your job, and the work was fairly easy and not too physically demanding. I left for another opportunity that provided better quality of life for my family but besides the pay the benefits that kick in on day one and the company provided vehicle make this a great job for someone looking to get into the industry. This is probably one of the most relaxed FST jobs I’ve ever had.
Pros
Easy job, great company, no micro management
Cons
Pay, work life balance
Good place to work but not much career growth opportunites
Senior Software Enginner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 20, 2018
It was generally a decent place to work but hard to make your way around some old timers who were pretty much ruling the place. The workplace culture had a good work-life balance.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 20, 2018
I enjoyed my years at IGT. I would have liked to continue in my position remotely, but that was not possible. I worked at IGT 3 separate times and would go back there in the future.
Great place to work!
Electronics Technician I (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIAugust 4, 2018
If you're ever in the position to get a job at IGT, take it without hesitation! I was very young going into the job and was treated exactly the same as everyone else. The pay was fantastic to start for someone with no experience, thought I do think I was underpaid compared to some of my coworkers who made more while doing the same job at a lower quality of work. Awesome cafeteria where they will cook you fresh meals for lunch at an amazing price, free soft drinks & coffee.
Drill seargent supervisors and team leads feels like a prison
Lead press operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 31, 2018
Good paying job with Ben. If you can handle the prison like atmosphere and the drill seargent team leads and supervisors/ managers who won't listen or care about thier retaliating team leaders. If you go over thier heads to hr you are soon done.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Stated above
Overal a good job to retire from and to have a balanced finiancial life
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 30, 2018
I would go back if they would let me I got let go for lack of atendence and for that I been regretting it and payong for it since. Been there for 3 years and always felt like I had a balanced life at work and home
Pros
Benifits and 401k
Cons
12 hr days
Not to bad of a place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 28, 2018
I mostly feel they should pay better hourly. this job should pay $18 to start and then up to 25 per hour, with reviews and wadge increases every 6 months for the 1st 2 years.
Pros
good holiday and vacation benefits
Cons
have to work in casinos where people smoke, must be willing to work overtime, and must work 1 weekend day.
Director has terrible organization & people skills
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 11, 2018
My job description for the Chef Manager position was completely differrent than what was actually my reality. No direction in the beginning, no budget, no support, no organization and Human Resources was completely a virtual reality... computer based & someone on a phone from far away. They fired our 1st Food Service Director, which was a solid professional, then promoted an unconfident newly hired supervisor to be our director. Big Mistakes, Bad Business, Train Wreck Direction and Fake Menus & Recipes stolen from the Food Network website. I was Laid-Off, which wasn't a big disappointment... I felt rescued.
Pros
Hours of operation
Cons
Direction from Leadership, Micromanagement, Fake Recipes, 17 weeks of cycle menu, but every menus were old school cafeteria, H.R. is terrible "FAKE!"
Multitasking
Route Manager/Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 8, 2018
Day running from city to city
learning on the job
Management hands tied
Work culture stress
Hardest part installing satellites
enjoyable boss daily
Benefits
Cons
Lack of on hand employees
Great friendships
Employee (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 30, 2018
Encouraging MGT, nice life balance.. There are places to work out and unwind along with opportunities to make connections with people. There is a cafeteria and focus on wellness.
Productive and challenging work place
BACK UP LEAD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 26, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily excitement that goes along with working on a printing press that had an upward speed of 1000 ft. per minute.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Favortism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IGT. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight