IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union Employee Reviews

Growing Company
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 3, 2018
We are a growing company with a promising future. With that, comes growing pains and at times that can become stressful. With the great teamwork we have, we are able to accomplish very much in a short amount of time. Members are a top priority, and we do our best to be the financial institution and workplace of choice. Some systems are outdated and some processes are tedious, but we are working fiercely at improving these. I enjoy working for this company and the people I get to work with. We are also a huge part of the communities we serve, and I’m proud to say I work for IHMVCU.
Pros
Community involvement, great co-workers
Cons
We need more great team members to join our team!
Innovative Company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Quad CitiesSeptember 26, 2018
IHMVCU is always looking forward, what it can do as a company to improve employee relationships and member relationships. They are focused on building memberships and their financial health. If you are energetic and love to help people this is your place!
Pros
Benefits, Vacation, Family Environment
People don't quit jobs they quit bosses, absolutely worst management team and totally unprofessional
Officer Manager (Former Employee) –  E. Kimberly RdJuly 16, 2018
Incompetency rises to the top. Management only cares about lining their pockets, trust me it's not all about the member. They call themselves a Credit Union when in reality their culture has become that of a bank. Board of Directors have no clue.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management only cares about upper level totally out of touch with employees
Horrible Management at West Kimberly
Teller (Former Employee) –  West KimberlJuly 9, 2018
When I first started management was great then she accepted another position so someone else came and that's when the morale changed. The new manager was rude and condescending. Showed obvious favoritism and spoke to others like we were stupid. If we were to ask for help she would either not answer or take a really long time to provide an answer even when it pertained to a member that was currently in the lobby waiting. She stressed the importance of not waiting the members' time but showed no urgency in helping them or the staff.

Did not care about employees outside lives. Most had children and she did not care if there was a family emergency, wouldn't let them leave if their children needed them. Made employees miss doctor's appointments despite granting approval ahead of time. Corporate should have launched an investigation into her management a long time ago.
Don't waste your time
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Quad CitiesJuly 9, 2018
Decent benefits but management is oblivious to what is going on around them. Don't expect any career advancement. Expect to be micro-managed by a supervisor who doesn't know how to do the job they are micro-managing.
Benefits
Cons
exceedingly poor management.
Very up tight place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILSeptember 5, 2018
I went to IH because I thought it would be nice to holidays off. this place has a stressful work environment. It is faced paced. The people that work are nice.
Productive and funb place to work
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kewanee, ILFebruary 10, 2018
Since we are a business is a small location, it was nice to see our daily members come in, and help make their day. I learned a lot of financial services while working there, that I did not know much about before hand. The hardest part about the job was probably dealing with frustrated members when it came to their money, but it was nice to help them resolve the issue and gain their trust to better help them in the future.
stressful
MSR- Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valley, MSMarch 22, 2018
you get members that can be very difficult. You have to be able to deal with that on a daily basis. Working your way up is very hard. And the annually pay raise is like .23 cents per year.
Pros
time off is nice after a year
Cons
health care bennefits
Friendly staff, poor management
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 8, 2017
Staff are generally friendly and easy to work with, however the management team operates without a clear vision, does not communicate to employees very well, tends to hire from outside vs. from within and absolutely does little for employee recognition.
Pros
Compensation is fair
Cons
Lack of performance recognition, overly political environment, no clear department and organizational vision
Great Coworkers
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silvis, ILJune 20, 2017
This company is fantastic to their employees.
In the morning and afternoon you count your drawer to make sure it balances.
Help guests make deposits, withdrawals, order checks, turn in change, reissue new debit cards, create money orders, etc.

Very caring coworkers and management. Always ready to help when in need.
The most difficult part of my job was being very quick AND accurate in order to please a guest. I felt a lot of pressure. I learned that speed comes with accuracy.

The most enjoyable part of my job was people were happy after I served them. Always makes you feel good.
Pros
Clothing Allowance, Hour lunch, and less than a mile from home.
Cons
Stressful.
No suggestion
Junior Manager (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 22, 2017
Everything changed after new CEO took office. CEO and senior Exec team does not value their employees, only their friends who were brought on board. Years of hard work and dedication no longer matters.
Fake fun
Workload is heavy
Lack of communication
Who you know to advance
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Exec team, senior management
Outstanding place to work!
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJune 5, 2012
A typical day at IHMVCU is helping members meet their financial goals throughout the day either via face to face, phone, internet. Management in my department is by far the best I have worked for, he lets you do your job and do it well. Co-workers are terrific, a very family atmosphere where we all help each other out. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help people get into their dream homes, help them save money and build relationships with my members where they will always think of myself before any other banking institution whether it be for a mortgage a car loan and ect.
Productive and Professional
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 12, 2013
Typical day at IH, start with a huddle meeting before opening the doors, taking care of the members needs. Opening new account IRA's and CD's.

Learned a lot about the banking world and customer service, by attending seminars and educating meetings with our training department.

My co-workers work together as a team. ( as a supervisor I promoted team work).

Hardest part was working passed our working ours to correct errors or catch up the work load of the day when computers went down.

I enjoyed working with the public and helping them with their banking needs.
Pros
great benefits and vacation pay
Cons
Added work load with the same pay
I enjoyed working for IHMVCU
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 28, 2017
I was able to grow and gain many useful skills while working at IH. I became aware of the meaning of quality customer service. They provided excellent training and there was a lot of room for advancement.
Ihmvcu
MSR/Branch Advocate (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJuly 8, 2017
Great place to work if you are willing to work every Saturday. Great pay with good management.Always keep up to date on policies and procedures. Training is a must.
very leasant atmosphere to work in
Member Service Rep / Teller (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILMarch 4, 2013
The work hours were ideal. I learned alot there, about customer satisfaction. I also learned alot about patience and strived to pay attention to detail. i also learned alot about referring products.
Pros
referral incentives
Cons
i wasnt multilingual
Fast paced and constantly growing
Full time Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 29, 2012
IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union was a very well rounded opportunity. There were constant products to become familiar with and policies to learn. It was an overall great learning experience.
Great atmosphere with super friendly staff
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 16, 2015
Working at IH is like being brought into a huge family, everyone is polite, friendly and always willing to help. Everyone works towards a common goal which is to ensure awesome customer service!
Good place to get started
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILDecember 22, 2016
A good place to learn about finances and customer service. Pay was not great and calling in sick or needing to leave early was highly discouraged.
Pros
Better pay than other local jobs
Cons
Pay
Great company if you like the job
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 10, 2014
Balancing drawer twice a day, handling up to $10,000.
Process basic transactions
Suggestive Products and Services Sales

They hire part time. Difficult to get full time,because everyone is going for the open positions.

Hours for part time are barely worth it. Only going in for a couple hours at a time.

I have too much personality for this industry. You are so busy with next person in a long line, there is little time to connect with members.

Did not like having a boss breathing over our shoulders all day. Literally, directly behind us, interrupting at times. I do not feel people enjoy personal banking with a second person staring at them from behind the counter, chiming in at times. This is protocol for all branches.

Spent most of our time watching the clock. I come from a backround where personality is everything, you are busy, fast paced, and lively. So this job felt mundane, monotonous, and tedious.

GREAT contests to motivate tellers to get products and services.

Decent hourly wages

Great opportunity for advancement if you are patient and persistent.
Pros
Contests, Wages, Hours of Operation
Cons
Hire part time, Boss over shoulder, Monotonous, Standing... in one place, not allowed to wear comfortable shoes while standing all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight