iHeartMedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,044 reviews matching the search See all 1,112 reviews
Sometimes a fun place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 4, 2018
Plenty of company parties and events with alcohol. My position had a quarterly bonus, provided we pulled the numbers. I was drastically underpaid for what was done for the company. Culture is competitive to a cut-throat degree, and no secret is safe amongst the gossipers. Gross mishandling of funds among the executives.
Pros
Booze, parties, swearing at work
Cons
Lack of trust, produce till you die
Best job I've ever had the opportunity working at.
Customer Support Analyst• Full Time (Former Employee) –  Millenia Mall FloridaNovember 10, 2018
What the best job I ever had excellent work environment excellent people excellent staff. The work environment was fast-paced with daily scrum meetings. Also another department for overlooked and always staffed. management was more like a friend any issue had they would always resolve it within 48 hours. Great compensation great benefits great vacation started from day one. No expense was ever spared Carpe Diem started at 150 my first day for food only. when traveled always stayed in a five-star hotel even if it was for two to three months at a time 150 a day just for food. My personal experience was the best work environment I personally ever experienced.
Pros
Still in touch with all management and staff
Cons
They close Orlando it Department.
First Job
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2018
Treating others with fairness, respect and empathy – always
Bringing together multiple skills and experiences to make important decisions or solve problems
Being curious and asking questions to broaden our perspective
Respecting different cultures—and work with global and regional teams to deliver local results
Building teams, at all levels, which reflect the communities we work in
Creating a safe and welcoming workplace
Ensuring diversity when recruiting, developing and promoting team members
iHeart Media
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 1, 2018
iHeart Media is a a top leader in multimedia marketing and a place I am very happy to currently work for. I am an Account Executive with a core list of accounts that I work and help build awareness with the goal of increasing bottom line sales and profits. At the same time I am responsible for bringing in new business and help them develop marketing plans to help build a successful marketing campaign/strategy.
Toxic and Outdated
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
The company culture is the complete opposite of what you think when you see "iHeartMedia" award shows or radio performances. Sales operations are 20 years outdated and illogical for 2018. The sales team is completely unorganized with too many meetings and nothing ever gets done or is improved. No Account Executive is under 34 years old. They seldom hire recent college grads to pick up new accounts, then terminate them while handing the commission and account off to a veteran Account Executive. Turnover is high and they are inflicting it on themselves.
Pros
I loved working with my clients outside of the office.
Cons
Does not compensate fairly. No growth mindset. No ethics.
Decisions not made by work performance but by bottom line numbers
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 22, 2018
Never fully sure if what I directly was doing was in any way a contribution to the company. With the past 12 years of continued staff attrition the atmosphere for those who remain was always tension. My decision making and priorities as a mid line manager was not what I felt was most important but what we felt our superiors wanted.
Productive and responsive work environment
General Ledger Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2018
I will always cherish my time at iHeartMedia. I do not want to leave, but I have to relocate. Unfortunately, I cannot take the company with me to another state. I could not recommend working here enough. If I could never leave, I would.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Bankruptcy
Really cool and hands-on intern experience
News Intern (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 28, 2018
iHeartMedia was one of the coolest internships I did. There was a lot of accessibility to executives and people who were high up in the company; we had weekly intern meetings with guest speakers and fun field trips. I wish I'd gotten to experience other areas rather than just my specific intern specialty, but overall a great internship.
Pros
Weekly speakers, field trips, food, hands-on learning
Cons
Stuck in one specialty, slightly creepy older men
Fun work environment.
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2018
iHeartMedia is not your typical company. Being in the radio industry you have perks in the entertainment World and access to concerts, events and more! The environment is fast-paced and ever changing. Always something fun going on!
Pros
Company events, occasional concert tickets, fun coworkers
Cons
benefits are ok
Stay Away
SR vice president of sales (Former Employee) –  Eastern USAugust 26, 2018
I was a Sr VP of sales, made to handle a second market for a $48 a week raise. Hit budget consistently yet was treated poorly. Benefits terrible. Upper management for the most part a joke. My direct supervisor only cared for himself. Took credit for everything and contributed very little. Got fired after I left and now took his act to Cumulus in Erie PA. Kissing the proper tail is an art form
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Too many to list
Should've tapered my expectations.
Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 5, 2018
Not really the greatest place for someone from this side of the river to try and find work in the production side of radio. The company tends to hire Canadian residents for the broadcasting side of the business and ship promotions this side of the border.

Like I said, it's sensible, just disappointing if you're not living in Windsor.
Job advancement
Producer/on-air "The Drive with Jackson and McCoy (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2018
I would like to see a stronger effort put into more full-time opportunities. The people are still the driving force for success when it comes to the on-air product. If there is no room for advancement, then why would a person continue or care about doing their job well? Also, the amount of work we do does not warrant 8.10 and hour. It is worth at least $10 to $12 an hour.
Pros
Team chemistry
Cons
Pay and advancement opportunities
iHeartMedia
WLAC-AM News Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2018
I worked for WLAC radio for nearly 20 years until I was let go due to budget cuts in 2017. I always enjoyed my role at iHeartMedia and was given the chance to “wear many different hats.” I had hoped to retire there but now need to look for my next career.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
No job security.
Fun place to work, but pay is horrible
Producer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 22, 2018
The people here are great, good vibes, but the pay is horrible! Also, depending on where you work, they will lay you off in a second. There is no job security.
Pros
Free tickets to concerts and events, flexible schedules
Cons
Horrible pay, stretches you thin, not enough staff, no job security, very little upward mobility
Not a bad gig
Prefer not to answer! (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 30, 2018
Overall the staff and people you work with are great, however management in the corporate office often make bad choices and only after complete failure do they reverse course.
Pros
never the same day twice
Cons
often have corporate mandates that make little to no sense!
Culture is lacking and artificial
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 28, 2018
Very little opportunity to progress.
Work culture is horrible and leadership does not know how to correct the issues.
Benefits are poor.
Not competitive in the Bay Area market.
Pros
Entertainment, location to freeway
Cons
Culture, compensation, growth
Cooky cutter radio
On-air radio personality (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 19, 2018
Music play lists formatted by off-site music consultants without allowing for much "local" flavorinput, at the time. Working conditions were great, co-workers were like a real family.
Pros
Great equipment, with regular maintenance
Cons
Corporate radio is all about selling airspace, and not about giving the listeners what they really want
A day as an Account Executive
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Sarasota,FLJuly 21, 2018
Typical day is - there is no typical day. Radio sales account executives are used to a fast-paced ever-changing landscape. Each day can include tasks from CRM management, copywriting, creative brainstorming for clients, learning new software, learning about a new prospective clients' industry through research and contacts, presentation building, campaign planning, through to events and appearances organized through station promotions.
Pros
Always changing
Cons
Always changing
Great Environment
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2018
Good place to work. Clear direction, training, and culture. Leadership has vision and plan to execute the vision. Compensation tends to be unpredictable on a quarterly basis, but they make up for it by being flexible in other facets of the job.
Pros
good autonomy
Cons
compensation
Autonomy and great working environment
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Working with iHeartMedia has been a much different experience than working for any other company. You are given much more freedom but still expected to meet your deadlines. It is a fun and upbeat work atmosphere.
Pros
Autonomy, Great work atmosphere
Cons
Low chance of advancement