iHeartMedia, Inc.
62Average

iHeartMedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA12 reviews
Fun and Professional
iHeartMedia is full of a good amount of young professionals who are fun to work with. The feel at this place is pretty serious for such a non-serious radio provider. If you don't prove that you deserve to be there, you're out.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
I was with the company for a little over 4 years and was sorry to say goodbye. It was a pleasure working with some very talented individuals as well as great management.
Fun Place to Work
It's fun fast-paced but there aren't many opportunities to move up unless you have the credentials or you'd just have to wait it out. This meaning that management doesn't promote you based on your performance alone.
Pros
free concerts and prizes
Management didnt communicate
It was very tough working for this company. No one was ever on the same page and only cared about sales and adds. No team building exercises were ever offered,.
Pros
free tickets to baseball games
Cons
no breaks
Not the best environment for entry-level candidates
Not the best working environment for entry-level candidates. Your superiors treat workers differently based on rank. The top superior was often pompous and arrogant. Seemed like the sales team cared more about making money than they did about the well-being of their employees. There was no structure or direction in some of the newer positions so at times it seemed like you were doing nothing. Many of the meetings consisted of workers talking about each other and going off topic.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No structure or direction in positions, Excessive unnecessary meetings, workers would complain about other workers
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Clear Channel Rockville, MD
Start the day screening calls for one of DMV's top radio stations The Kane Show. I've learned how to edit the show for website podcast and also work the boards during the show. Management was nice. The Co-workers were awesome! Hardest part was getting up at 4 a.m. but I did it haha. Most enjoyable part was getting a chance to talk on the radio. Great experience!
Pros
Mixing & Editing
Cons
Starting the day
iHeartMedia has no loyalty.
I was working long hours without overtime. My managers would never appreciate the hard work I was putting in. At first I thought my job was amazing, but due to new management, it went bad pretty quickly. I would not recommend working for a place like iHeartMedia.
Fun Place to Work
Good benefits, great co workers. It's radio, what's not to like?
Cons
No opportunity to advance
Challenging Job with 100% Commission Structure
This job was very challenging and was a great learning experience. It allowed me to be creative, and create advertising campaigns from scratch. While very rewarding and a great learning experience, there is no base salary which can make for some very frustrating months. My coworkers were great, most of management was very helpful, and overall this was a very rewarding experience.
Fun Place to work
Two days a week, flexible hours. Met a lot of cool people. Didn't do the same thing every day.
Interesting morning show with excitment every day.
My typical day consisted of answering listener phone calls and preparing topics for morning show.
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
early morning show, starts at 5:45am
Fun place to work, horrible pay, rough hours
I worked for this company making $7.00 an hour (lower than what minimum wage was raised above immediately after I left) The job was SO fun for someone who is as social as me! As long as you see it as I did as a "paid social life" it's a great job. I worked here part time because I could not afford to pay my bills living in the DC area on $7.00 an hour. My boss here, who was full time, made A LOT less than I did at my full time job alone ($14.00 an hour) and she worked about 60-70 hours per week. Good old salary for "upper level" positions.
Pros
fun, used to get free event passes (no longer), met famous musicians
Cons
drunk and disrespectful clients, horrible pay, little to no benefits