iHeartMedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 979 reviews matching the search See all 1,043 reviews
Great environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
I remember very little about this job because it was 20 years ago, when it was Clear Channel. But my team was supportive. I had a great relationship with everyone.
went through many changes before Clear Channel took over
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 16, 2018
Started as a privately owned company and went through 5 different owners before Clear Channel took over. Once Clear channel took over had bad management in place
Pros
ability to sell a good product
Unfair distribution of opportunity
Interim Program Director (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 13, 2018
The job was a 2-parter for me. The broadcast part was par excellence for me and I enjoyed 99% of it. However, the office side produced lack of interest for the station in which I worked.
Pros
Perks/Benefits
Cons
Lack of employee development by leadership
it's radio
Promotions Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2018
like any job you get out of it what you put into it. you must be dedicated to the lifestyle because the job doesn't end at 5pm, its 365 24/7 - no holidays.
Create and promote billing for several stations.
Traffic Manger (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 10, 2018
My day would begin with entering client commercials information into the billing system. Working with sales to confirm that commercial ran according to schedule. Discussing credits and billing subject matter with the account executive. Created commercial logs to merge with music production to credit a production log for each station.

Management at iHeart Radio is very out going and focused on producing a excellent work environment for their staff.

Excellent and enjoyable work environment. Being in the fore front of working with production and sales. This allowed me to meet varies individuals such as county music stars and other progressive individuals.
Exciting place to work
Radio Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 9, 2018
I enjoyed calling on new businesses and creating new radio spots to help promote their business.

Thoroughly enjoyed management. They were fun, creative and very supportive.

Customers were faithful and enjoyed our ability to promote their services and business.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
non
Good atmosphere, short tenure
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 9, 2018
Pros
"Flexible Schedule great work life balance family environment great co-workers and uncapped commission" (in 31 reviews)

"Really fun work environment with awesome co-workers" (in 61 reviews)

Cons
"No room for growth because the company always has layoffs where they "discontinue a position" (in 35 reviews)

"Less than benefits, very low pay"
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No room for growth
Laid back and fun work enviroment.
Senior Traffic Correspondent/Talent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 9, 2018
This is a fun and laid back place to work so long as you are not expecting to make over 30,000 a year. The people you work with are more than willing to help, answer questions and mentor. People in all departments work well together and a team-based environment makes the work day fun and fast.
Pros
free admission and opportunites to attend events and concerts
Cons
No advancement or increase in salary
The most enjoyable part of the job...
Producer & On Air Talent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 3, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was the high level of energy and the many friendly and creative personality that I had the pleasure of working with.
Not the best, pay is awful
Technical Director/Show Producer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2018
No jobs are full time, the pay is atrocious and raises are non existent. They treat all their employees like they’re expendable. Manager’s rarely meet with part time employees.
Pros
Free tickets.
Cons
Pay, hours, no benefits
Productive and fun workplace.
Producer (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 2, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with many opportunities. Great environment with many helpful coworkers. Fun employee outings like Hooks games and pool parties.
Was an a
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 2, 2018
Cool place to work more for young ppl not a company u would work as a carrer ppl are very friendly. Alot of cool ppl u meet from famous to work closley with talent
Very rewarding place to work...
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 1, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at iHeart Media, until the last 6 months. I ran one of the companies most successful heritage rock stations, in a great market, with great local people, and a desire to win. I was allowed to tele-commute when a family issue required me to move, and was given an opportunity to continue working in Tallahassee from our Pensacola offices and studios, while the company searched for my replacement after I tendered my resignation so I could move.
Great work environment - LOVE IT
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 29, 2018
I was new to "Sales" and after 4 years I still love it. You must be able to adapt to new and innovative ways to help business partners. The industry is rapidly growing, so having a strong knowledge base of your product and market adaptability is key to success.
Busy day to day
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 28, 2018
Great job compensation but it is hard a long days with a ton of cold-calling yet a good amount of inbound leads as well. Overall good work atmosphere just not great work.life balance
was a great place to work
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 25, 2018
typical day was never typical always started off normal and then ended up crazy
We were given a budget and we made it happen how ever we needed to do it.
We were left to do what we needed to do to make money we knew what to do and did it.
Pros
we were left to do our job
Cons
not many
Overall good company to work for!
Assistant Music Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
I loved the growth iHeart Media Orlando allowed my hardwork to foster! My original Programming Director was very instrumental to my growth as a person, professional, & leader!
Great Employees / Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 18, 2018
Incredible opportunities, experiences and flexible work life!! Everybody is remarkably nice and professional -- they hold together the foundation of many local concerts with class!
They Did NOT follow their own employee manual
Anchor and Producer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 17, 2018
Their employee manual stated that a employee working 35 hours or more a week was considered full-time and would receive full-time benefits.
When I was given 35 hours a week and tried to obtain my medical benefits -- I was told I would not be receiving them even though I qualified. When I asked why, I was told the company had simply decided they were not going to give them to me. As I was not a contract worker, there was little I could do.
Fun radio job
Remote Technician/Radio Broadcast Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2018
This job is good for getting into events and adding experience to your resume. The pay is sub-par and not many move up within the company. It was fun while it lasted so I'd say learn and grow where you can and move on.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay and advancement