IHOP Employee Reviews

Found 6,796 reviews matching the search See all 7,025 reviews
fun place to work
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 9, 2018
fun place to work. would work there again. staff was enjoyable. staff was fun. fun place to work and would work there again. would work there again
A very good first job!!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKDecember 9, 2018
This ended up being my first job ever and I really really liked it there. My first manager was amazing fair and understanding but she left near the end of my time there. The next manager to follow up was absolutely appalling. He ended up being one of the reasons I left. Him aside everyone was very nice and helpful.
Pros
"free" employee meal. family discounts
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 9, 2018
It was often busy most of the time, I also learned and gained experienced with customer service. The hardest part of the job was in the holidays especially mother's day
Why it sucks to work here
Host (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZDecember 9, 2018
The management is horrendous, the host's had to basically do the servers' jobs for them, and the servers kept all the tips. I would host here and I would be standing around for 10 seconds at the front desk with another host and I would get yelled at to buss tables or clean something. Would not recommend working here unless you can handle a very busy weekend, no hours, and poor management. At least all the co-workers could agree on something, the management was horrible.
Pros
8$ discount on food
Cons
Management, the discount would be taken from your paycheck, paid bi-weekly, very uptight, no breaks, no hours other than on weekends
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 8, 2018
Had a lot of fun working here. It was fast pace but manageable. Quick opportunity to make money. I was very satisfied with amount of tips I was making on a daily basis.
Horrible
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2018
No paid time off, no time and a half on working on major holidays period, and no taking off days or calling in is allowed on Christmas or else you are fired.
Cons
Health care thats provided is ridiculosly high
Fun place to work really nice co-workers.
Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2018
Ihop was a nice place to work. Only thing was i didnt like getting paid 2.13 +tips, because that really didn't work out for a long time. Some good things are that i learned how to make customers happy
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Payrate
fun
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2018
it's a great environment and very fast paced. I enjoyed working there. It's usually awkward when the transition from the next shift but you'll get used to it.
Fast paced environment
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2018
I found that if a person can be prompt, hard working and efficient it's a great job to have. Tips are dependent on time of the year and the shift that you work.
Pros
Half priced meals
Cons
no breaks
Productive fast paced
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 7, 2018
Typical was fun and enjoyable you get to interact with people and make money. Ihop on the the weekends is very fast paced and very competitive between other servers you definately have to on top of your game on the weekends
Pros
Tips
Cons
Angry costumers
So so bad
Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2018
IHOP... more like IHELL. I've never been treated more poorly in my life. Everything there is ruined and backwards. The job is difficult to do because you want to bash your brains out half the time. I'm all about hardwork but this is glorified chain gang labor and its just not right! STAY AWAY
Pros
Sadist
Cons
Everything wrong with America in one place
Horrible management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 6, 2018
A typical work day you would get cursed out by the manager at least once. Even if you didn't do anything wrong or made a simple mistake he made a big deal cursing and yelling. Was rude to guest as well.
Pros
Half off lunch only if you paid cash he didn't approve cards. You get a paycheck
Cons
Horrible management
Easy turn tables very fast
Server (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYDecember 6, 2018
Ihop was my first job and I enjoyed working there and it made me really experience and learn good Customer service skills! By becoming a server has made me a different person to other severs.
Pros
Discounted meals
fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 6, 2018
Good Management. Very fast paced environment. Everyone always helped each other. Customers were always enjoyable. I loved serving people and making their meal enjoyable.
Not where you want to be.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 6, 2018
This job has yet to pay me for the first week of service. I worked everyday around eight hours a day for the whole first week non-stop. Now that Im on the schedule, i have four day Seven hours a day of each es el, which is what my First check consisted of. A four day week It seems like my first week has went completely unpaid.
Pros
Cons
Everything. No free food. Bad service.
Horrible business
Server/hostess (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCDecember 6, 2018
I would never recommend someone especially African Americans to work for this company. They do not care about employees. Every manager I have met is rude to employees.they pick favorites which I think is race based. All the overtime you put into that job and you have to pull teeth to request a specific day off. Management sucks
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Everything else about job sucks
Wonderful
Hostess/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 5, 2018
As my first job, I absolutely loved working at IHOP. I was offered the job as I had been previous classmates with the owner's son and was well taken care of. Many of my social skills I still use today have been acquired there as well as knowledge of how a workplace plays out.
Fun place to work
cook manager, server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 5, 2018
MET a lot of new people from all over(customers) and employees.Everything was ok until manager stole our tips.i MADE GOOD MONEY THRE WAS VERY PLEASED TO WORK THERE.
Pros
Half off meals, Great tips
Cons
Managers was stealing our tips
Great Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLDecember 5, 2018
Honestly just an easy job for me to pick up quickly being new to the area. Coworkers were good and management was great, very passionate about inspiring their employees to up-sell and push specials (often in competition with other IHOPS in our area).

Job wasnt great as a server, its IHOP. Most common customer age ranging from 50-70 and aren't exceptional tippers. They load you down with senior discounts and cut out coupons, by the end of it a 25% tip would only be maybe $2 a plate. Usually they leave 15%.
busy
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNDecember 5, 2018
it is a vary fast paced dishroom. although we did get a chance to relax and have a little fun. i loved my co workers. the management was ok. i loved working in the morning time. its more enjoyable. stays busy to make time go by. sometimes the servers would just come and throw the dishes at us.
Pros
good hours
Cons
occasional rudeness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHOP. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
41.9K
31.8K

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight