IHOP Employee Reviews

Found 6,536 reviews matching the search See all 6,762 reviews
its an ok place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brook Park, OHOctober 14, 2018
days here at ihop all depended on how the management and keeping the employees happy. didnt learn much here. nothing hard about this job everything was easy.No enjoyment here
Pros
nothing was ok
Cons
horrible pay
Working For The International House Of Pancakes
Server (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, GAOctober 14, 2018
While working at IHOP, I worked the closing shift during the week (4pm-11pm) and 3rd shift on Friday and Saturday nights. The location I worked at was new and when we first opened we were slammed. Then traffic died down, we had management issues & it became a place that I no longer desired to work for. The company itself it great, i just could no longer work in a positive environment with the management of my specific location.
Pros
Discounts on food.
Ugh
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 14, 2018
I hated it the hours were too much hardly got sleep.almost no breaks wouldnt recomend it ever. The grave yard shifts were the worst never work here. You will regret it i swear.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No breaks
IHop
IHop hostess (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAOctober 13, 2018
It was quite easy to work at IHOP. As a hostess I did what any hostess would do at any restaurant. Every weekend was busy especially Sunday because of church.
Pros
50% lunch
Cons
Management, pay, work environment
learning experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYOctober 13, 2018
Ihop has been a great learning experience where I have learned to multitask and work as a team with other servers to get the job done and keep customers happy.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Not enough workers
Its okay
Server (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYOctober 13, 2018
It's ok if your just starting out for the first time as a server but of u are looking for a fast paced place this is not it I would try somewhere else
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No benefits
It's a good work place meet different people
cook/dmo (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 13, 2018
It's pretty relaxing except Sundays the pace definitely picks up but it's easy for anyone to catch on with Co workers you definitely have to be able to work with a team
Pros
Great job would love to work there again
Cons
Wish it could be better pay
fast pace work enviorment
IHOP server (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLOctober 12, 2018
my overview of i hop is positive , every one was friendly and hard working. must have food handling exp as well as cashier exp
must be able to multi task
Pros
free food off the clock
Cons
no benifits on your feet alot
Dirty but Can Make Money
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2018
to many chiefs not enough Indians. dirty work environment, my manager slept while I worked literally. either we were over staffed or under staffed. i did every job, greet/seat the door, cash handling at check out and cook if need be. very unprofessional and unorganized.
Pros
tipped daily
Cons
over staffed
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 12, 2018
Its a good place to work when every postion in the store is doing there jobs. It can be very busy and stressful a lot of the employee dont enjoy helping the other employees and ut nakes it hard to work
Pros
Great customers, Great food
Cons
Slow food service a lot of walk outs
this place was full of drama
Hostess (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 11, 2018
this job was tuff for me because it was such fast paste and everything had to be done a certain way. this place was full of drama almost none of the workers liked each other or had beef.
Not a Good Place for People with Disabilities to Work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VA 20155October 11, 2018
Several people with various disabilities worked there and it became a breeding ground for negativity and bad vibes. In addition some managers were understanding of those disabilities while others seemed to ignore the disability workers had.
was fun for a while
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 11, 2018
Started out as a hostess, then was trained to be a server. Had some good days and bad but for the most part it was just to have money to pay the bills.
It was fun I liked the people I worked with very laid back
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 11, 2018
Very easy environment to learn, fast money and nice people. Overnight crew is better than the morning crew . 50% discount off food . Free drinks and lots of love there
Fun place to work and gain customer service skills
Server Training Manager/ Server (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 11, 2018
IHOP is a great place to work. Getting to know the customers and the people around the community. The management is great. They work with your schedule if you are in school and the days you need off.
Good first serving job.
Server (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed the fast pace of the restaurant. It helped with my serving skills. I believe that the way the managers treat you as well as each other effects how employees interact with each other, and I do not feel like they held a good example
Hard working usually understaffed.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 11, 2018
Drives you to be constantly on your feet to ensure everyone is doing what is expected of them. Have to learn to run a team of employees usually short uanded in management while balancing all of your day to day goals and tasks.
what i learned
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
I learned to be quick and clean with the tables and serve tables. I enjoyed eating breakfast and discounts. I learned to restock shelves and redo ketchup and hot sauce. The hardest part of the job is moving fast staying on your feet moving quick an fast.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
lunch break
Fun people (mostly) but no work life balance
General Manager (Current Employee) –  GaOctober 10, 2018
Very unorganized. They change SOP way too often. No benefits and working thanksgiving and Christmas is extremely hard making a work life balance very difficult
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
No benefits, working holidays
All in all, great place to work with good management.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZOctober 10, 2018
This was my first job, and I worked there for three years. I loved the managers I worked with. They pushed me to be better whenever they could. The customers who came in were generally decent people, and the regulars were always fun to see. I usually made decent money, but the shifts were pretty short. I could work six days a week and not break thirty hours. All in all, I wish I could still be working there.
Pros
Free food!
Cons
Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHOP. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.8K
31.7K

Diversity score

61out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at IHOP.

Powered by Comparably