IHOP Employee Reviews

51.8K
41.7K
31.6K
Found 6,073 reviews matching the search See all 6,289 reviews
Fun for a first time job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 20, 2018
If you do your job it was okay. Management expected to much. I leaned for hours at night on grave. And never enough. Co workers constantly went to management about anyone and was uneasy working with certain people.
Pros
Free meaks
Cons
Co workers talking behind your back.
Great place to work for people who like a warm welcome environment
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 19, 2018
Taught me a lot about myself and the people around me, about respect and honesty. Without IHOP i wouldn’t have a lot of the social skills I have today.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast everyday, 50% off every order made off the clock, and I got to eat wherever the cooks messed up on sometimes (always delicious).
Cons
They always need people to work weekend afternoon/nights.
needs work
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 19, 2018
i had horrible hours, had to deal with disrespectful customers, unreliable management. i was told that i would be working full-time hours, not part-time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 18, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at ihop, they promote from within. The pay was great and the people that I worked with were awesome. I learned a lot of new thing from my time with this company. The only problem they seem to have a high turn over at this location.
Productive and fun workplace
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 18, 2018
I appreciate the opportunity to work with the IHop crew member and company . I started out as a server and work my way to management learning more thing about the business . It was a great experience for me .
Pros
Opportunity to move up in the workplace
Cons
No benefits
Fun work place
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLJuly 18, 2018
Working here really made me realize a bigger view of life. We were all like one family. We fight We kiss then make up. If you want to last I would suggest you always just try to be the best regardless of how others feel.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
only one discount on food
work
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJuly 18, 2018
i started off as a hostess and took a server job. management wasn't taking care of problems. just adding to them it was a very stressful environment..
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 18, 2018
I appreciate the opportunity to work at Ihop and the experience to become a leader . I just didn't like the way the manager handled thing and I felt I was treated unfairly .
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No break, schedule
Very good place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 18, 2018
Ive learned so much at ihop but truthfully a job is a job and you gotta do what you gotta do for your kids. I really have nothing negative to say but keep up the good work mr.scott.
Pros
Free drink
Cons
Short breaks when theyre really busy
Very fast paced
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 18, 2018
IHOP Management will send you home earlier even if you only scheduled to work 4-6 hours a day and give you a break as soon as you walked through the door.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
no type of benefits are available for employees who are part time
Could be a great fit for you
Server (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for the IHOP team. It was satisfying making families come hungry and leaving happy. Although the restaurant is extremely fast-paced. It was manageable after you learned the routine of things. good service, good tips!
Pros
Shifts always flew by because of how occupied it always was, It's also great for diet management if you're trying to get fit they have a 9 dollar meal plan, One meal per shift.
Cons
No scheduled breaks unless you're working a double, no health insurance, lack of job enhancement.
Meh
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 18, 2018
It's alright, although there is a rush it's just boring and mundane, the manager I worked for was stern but the Asst. Manager was Awesome! The workers seemed to have it out for each other, only being kind face to face.
Pros
free soda
Cons
No break unless you are a smoker
Amazing staff and management
IHOP server (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 18, 2018
A typical day at work was very fast paced and would fly by so quick. I learned how to multi-task and work well with others. Management knew how to balance being bosses and stern along with being friendly "middle men" and problem solving. Everyone got along and drama was always at a minimum. The hardest part was angry customers but the best part was every server working together to keep them happy and tips at the best amount.
Pros
The location and hours
Cons
No time for breaks and discounts only on days you work
Productive and fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAJuly 18, 2018
Working a IHOP is a great experience. Fellow employees are like family. We are treated with respect by our manager's. As with any restaurant the business ebs and flows and sometimes we don't get as many hours as we want but that is understandable in this field.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough hours
fun fun fun
dayshift server coming (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 17, 2018
fun place to work mgr Nancy Jones were i worked was a very hard worker and helped everyone. I have worked at 11 IHOPS around the country and they have always provided the funds to cover the cost of living in all the different states that I have worked in.
Te yebas bien con todo mundo
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2018
Es un buen trabajo se yeba bien con los clientes con los compañeros aprende nuebas cosas
Pros
No tenia
Cons
Si ay descanso
Hostess at IHOP
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 17, 2018
Only worked weekends. Work morning shifts so it was quite busy because of morning rush. Time did go by fast when busy. I enjoy giving people great customer service.
Alright
Host (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80227July 17, 2018
The job was alright, pay was low for amount of work. Advancement to a server is highly likely, though as a host you don't get much out of the job. Would recommend as a server if you're working here.
Stressful environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 17, 2018
I wouldn’t consider anyone to work at ihop . I have had an horrible experience there. Very poor management and you don’t get paid for doing other positions
Cons
No lunch breaks
good to extent
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
mostly good work place team worked together.some positivity some negativity. nothing major.it kept me motivated the schedule fitted my life . & i love helping others.
Pros
Cons
short brakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHOP. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight