IHS, Inc. Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work at, and the people were great to work with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 21, 2019
I would definitely go back if I could . It was a great place to work at and I met and worked with good people. Hopefully I can find a job similar to IHS, Inc.
Pros
Coffee break
Cons
10 hour shifts
Good person
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAMarch 18, 2019
I like working with provider because she was a wonderful person, her family also was so nice ,gave me time off when I needed it, nice family to work with
Dufficult to work for and no work/life balance
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHFebruary 19, 2019
There is no communication between staff and management. They are highly understaffed and thus try overwork their underpaid employees. There is alot of responsibility and lack of work/ life balance.
Loved working with handicapped adults very fulfilling
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 24, 2019
I loved working with handicapped adults it was a fulfilling job they just love everyone they meet and are willing to help in any way they can best job I've had
Pros
The clients
Cons
The pay was bad and few hours
Terrible management and stressful/unprofessional environment
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 16, 2019
When I first started my job at IHS, I really enjoyed coming to work. A couple months in we got put under new management and things definitely changed. Our boss began hiring in strictly family members, and promoted every one of them. This wouldn’t have been an issue, except the people she promoted were EXTREMELY unprofessional and not fit for the management position. They harassed workers, made a stressful and hostile environment, and did nothing all day besides make the job harder than it needed to be. They would give one person multiple floors to clean in the warehouse, with no help. If you did not complete every single task given to you, even if you were obviously struggling, you would get written up and possibly suspended. We worked 12 hour shifts and often got pulled off of our breaks, or sent home for taking our breaks. Management treated staff terribly and differently based on race, age, gender, and if you were hired in by the new management or not. We were constantly threatened our jobs especially when it became 6-7 days mandatory a week. If you didn’t show up, you would get a text saying come in or you’re terminated. Not to mention they began shortening everyone’s checks by HUNDREDS of dollars and STILL expected them to work. This happened multiple weeks in a row and would take them multiple weeks at a time to fix. I have NEVER experienced such an unprofessional, hostile, and petty job in my life. If the old management was still there, I would still have a job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Management, most employees never paid correctly
Fun & busy
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 5, 2019
My team and I made the best of clean amazon build everyday . Met some very good people while working for IHS . Was a great supervisor ever learn how to speak in Spanish
Poor Management, But employees made experience better
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIDecember 30, 2018
A day of work could either be slow or fast paced. You never really knew. I learned that not all jobs are professional. That management was very poor, seemed like they supervisors had no idea what they were doing while everyone else working under then had way more knowledge and work ethic. Supervisors would usually talk down on workers and cause a hostile work place. Meaning a lot of employees would stick together and help each other out. The hardest part was the poor management, short breaks, and impossible expectations, By that I mean they would give 1 person multiple floors to clean in a warehouse by theirs elf and they don't encourage others helping. The enjoyable part of was having nice employees, and for the most part and independent work environment.
Pros
set schedule, Heath care
Cons
short breaks, no paid time off
INteresting on the jobsite experience.
Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 4, 2018
One of the things that the employees have to do is have on-site experience, or an Internship with the company for a required amount of time before they decide that they want you on their crew.
ok p[apce
HOSUEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2018
is a ok lace to work for depending upon which assignment they pace u at and location but it was by far just ok u had some rude staff but over all ok.
Fulfilling work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 30, 2018
Excellent culture and opportunities for growth. Great colleagues. Teamwork is important. But career advancement is not clear and subjective depending on manager.
Pros
Flex time, great benefits, great CEO.
Cons
Career bottlenecks from managers: Biased, metrics subjective.
work alone
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 5, 2018
pretty much work alone and you find cliens to work for are you can work for one of your family members are a friend whoever decide to hire you on are you can get put on a list
Productive and fun work place
Lawncare tech (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 31, 2018
Enjoyed taking care of the lawns and making properties look amazing. Learned how to maintain lawns/ yards. Leaving the customers satisfied with their properties.
Fun place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 27, 2018
It was a good friendly place to work at. You learn new things there everyday. Everyone was really nice and I recommend it to anyone. If you needed any help the other co-workers would try to help as much as they could.
My job experience at ihs
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLJuly 8, 2018
I liked working at ihs and I would love to go back soon.I learned alot working for this company.The hardest part of the job was wen the hoildays comes its long hours,days I liked helping people and liked getting to know all kinds of people I had just moved to fla.
Its Amazing Really
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chowchilla, CAJuly 4, 2018
I have had the pleasure of providing professional assistance to several elderly clients and some mentally challenged adults. It's truly rewarding to set up and provide a complete daily schedule for these individuals and families.
Pros
Sense of Accomplishment and making a difference in peoples lives.
Cons
hours can change from week to week.
Working environment at IHS
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 4, 2018
IHS recently merged with Markit from the United Kingdom. The ethics and work atmosphere has changed drastically so I would not recommend working there. I retired just as the merger was taking place but have heard of many of my friends being laid off or those staying have had benefits cut drastically.
Management was controlling
Corporate Sustainability Site Champion (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 17, 2018
You were always worried about your job because they were constantly holding layoffs. It didn't matter your seniority. The company thrives on acquisitions which means that your job is relevant one day and not the next.
Stable and secure job
Custodial Worker Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Browning, MTApril 15, 2018
Staff set in repetitive process that did accomplish tasks but could be made more efficient. Ability to interact with community. Stable job with manageable workload.
It is a fun school.
Student Government, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
I love this fun school. In our school we have different countries and different cultures also too. The most enjoyable was this school was studying and passing the class. No paid for studying this school.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCFebruary 28, 2018
I enjoyed working there working with the residents talking to them and the employees as great too you knew what you was doing everyday it was a good place to work if I moved back to north Carolina and needed a job i would hope the manager would hire me back
Pros
had to pay but it wasnt bad
Cons
good breaks