IHS Markit Employee Reviews

Productive and Informative environment
Regional Operations, Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2018
IHS Markit was a great place to be part of for as long as I was due to a very smart and intelligent culture that helped you learn everyday. Management was always encouraging and allowed senior level team members the authority to make decisions and trusted us with our workload. I truly enjoyed the aspect of using data in almost every decision I had to make and how successful we were at making changes because of it.

The hardest part of the job was knowing there were some tenured employees who could not keep up with the changing environment or lacked ability to help take teams to the next level but were still kept in roles and sometimes promoted.
Pros
smart, kind intelligent co-workers
Cons
no real room advancement, lack of understanding on who worked hard and who didn't at times
Great Place to Work
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 17, 2018
Working at IHS is great. Most everyone there has been there for a quite some time. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Competitive pay with great benefits.
Fun place to work at
Associate trade services (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2018
Really hands on training
Awesome people to work
Daily lunch provided
Quarterly review to help with coaching
Great hours
Have own computer to work on independently
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Friday lunch not provided
Workplace was okay.
Data Transformation Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
A typical day would start with responding to the client's request for data for specific wells or areas. Would continue with cataloging the new data and refiling of data that had been returned by the client.
Great Place To Work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Relaxed atmosphere in the Dallas office allows you to be able to have an enjoyable place to work. I enjoy the work/life balance and the transparency from our executive management. The biggest thing I wish was difference is to have more challenging projects available to work and promotion opportunities. Also, I wish our management in the Dallas office was more open and transparent. I feel that my biggest concern could be mitigated if I knew more about upcoming projects.
flexible work environment
Principle Software Engineer(Associate Director) (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 23, 2018
I have a long commute so working from home a couple days a week was nice.

The structure of the development environment/teams has to many layers in it and is therefore inefficient,
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
position stability, advancement
Interesting
Delivery Coordinator / Sr. Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 21, 2018
I worked in an area of delivery that dealt with the oil and gas industry, the Healthcare Industry, the shipping industry, technology, economics, information about aircraft industry, and on and on.
I enjoyed learning amazing delivery media from burning CDs with oil well sites and information to technically providing access to the website and data for customers all over the world.
Team work was paramount, collaboration with virtual teams. Our CEO and other top leaders were amazing and genuinely cared about each and every one of us.
It was a delightful place to work.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Too many birthday cakes!
No Advancement
Director of Strategic Marketing Programs (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2018
No movement for advancement. Little managerial guidance, no directional guidance, low communication, workplace culture difficult, good benefits, not a good fit
Upcoming Lay Offs are expected
Project Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2018
Lays off long time employees and replaces them with Temp workers at a very low pay scale. Most employees I know have never been promoted or given a raise in the last 4 years.
Fun work place and productive
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
Have to have your numbers up everyday . Which means you have to scan at least a 1,000 pages or more a day but it’s pretty cool and relaxed working there
Pros
Listen to music while working
Good place
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
My work at this place for very short term. But within that short term period i enjoyed learning new things and working on it collectively with a team.
IHS Markit
Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 20, 2018
I worked at IHS before the merged with Markit. The job itself was ok it was mostly dealing with phone calls and directing tickets to the correct response teams to fix end user issues. But the management was kicked around a few times before it settled and the vision was lost. I think the biggest factor was that we were promised more bodies in the head office but they shipped the positions overseas, which lead being difficult to take any real time off, or being able to take a lunch without worrying about something breaking and being the only one to watch the alerts. Overall the experience was good and I learned a lot in the time I was there.
Pros
Pay, Time Off, Unlimited Coffee, Health Coverage
Cons
More responsibilities without the money to back up the demand of services on one person.
Many compared the office to Google.
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
I loved my job and the people I worked with. It was a changing culture following the merger but I believe most people rose above the challenges and continued to work hard.
Pros
free lunches 4x/wk, casual dress code, many social events for those interested
Cons
salary should have been higher
Work-life Balance is good at IHS
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 16, 2018
Work-life Balance is good at IHS.
flexible working hours and number of benefits
flexibility to work on different projects within your team
Publicly held engineering data company located in 120 countries
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2018
Large data company still trying to adjust to their broad expanse of locations throughout the world.

Company seems to be more focused on building the company then on building the employees to create a great company.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, laid back atmosphere, casual dress
Cons
Communication, director levels narrow minded, individual bonsuses don't reflect individuals performance
A corporate culture that believes in an inclusive environment
SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 11, 2018
A recent integration with another company has lead to many challenges but management and employees remain committed to working towards mutually beneficial resolutions that promote a team environment and a legacy of customer delight. The culture is relaxed and friendly but with a high degree of professionalism and a philosophy of being transparent in its communications to the customers, employees, the financial markets, the media and the public at large.
Pros
Progressive, open company
Cons
Communication in a rapidly changing environment can be a struggle
work and family life balance is great
Sr. Geospatial Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
Stress free working environment. Work and family life balance is great. Salary is mid range, and not that attractive. The company needs to invest in the career growth of younger employees-as they are the future of the company.
Pros
Great work place; work and family life balance is great.
Cons
Salary not attractive, and career growth path is very slow
Great work environment, terrible pay
Fund Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2018
I was hired right out of college, great first job as an operations analyst. I loved the high paced work environment. I was promoted to a specialized team to work with highly sensitive clients. However, even though it meant more, high level work, there was no pay raise even at the year end review. They need to pay workers for their quality. Otherwise, turnover will continue to be high.
Pros
Work life
Cons
Pay
Better than Being Unemployed
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2018
It's a stable job, which is about the best thing going for it.

I learned how incompetent management can negatively affect all aspects of an organization.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Compensation and Career Advancement are minimal
no review
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2018
no review offered. I don't want to say anything positive or negative that will reflect on my future prospects for advancement with IHS or any other company.
Pros
travel
Cons
lay-offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHS Markit. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at IHS Markit.

Powered by Comparably