IHS Markit Employee Reviews

flexible work environment
Principle Software Engineer(Associate Director) (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 23, 2018
I have a long commute so working from home a couple days a week was nice.

The structure of the development environment/teams has to many layers in it and is therefore inefficient,
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
position stability, advancement
Interesting
Delivery Coordinator / Sr. Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 21, 2018
I worked in an area of delivery that dealt with the oil and gas industry, the Healthcare Industry, the shipping industry, technology, economics, information about aircraft industry, and on and on.
I enjoyed learning amazing delivery media from burning CDs with oil well sites and information to technically providing access to the website and data for customers all over the world.
Team work was paramount, collaboration with virtual teams. Our CEO and other top leaders were amazing and genuinely cared about each and every one of us.
It was a delightful place to work.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Too many birthday cakes!
No Advancement
Director of Strategic Marketing Programs (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2018
No movement for advancement. Little managerial guidance, no directional guidance, low communication, workplace culture difficult, good benefits, not a good fit
Upcoming Lay Offs are expected
Project Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2018
Lays off long time employees and replaces them with Temp workers at a very low pay scale. Most employees I know have never been promoted or given a raise in the last 4 years.
Fun work place and productive
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
Have to have your numbers up everyday . Which means you have to scan at least a 1,000 pages or more a day but it’s pretty cool and relaxed working there
Pros
Listen to music while working
Good place
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
My work at this place for very short term. But within that short term period i enjoyed learning new things and working on it collectively with a team.
IHS Markit
Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 20, 2018
I worked at IHS before the merged with Markit. The job itself was ok it was mostly dealing with phone calls and directing tickets to the correct response teams to fix end user issues. But the management was kicked around a few times before it settled and the vision was lost. I think the biggest factor was that we were promised more bodies in the head office but they shipped the positions overseas, which lead being difficult to take any real time off, or being able to take a lunch without worrying about something breaking and being the only one to watch the alerts. Overall the experience was good and I learned a lot in the time I was there.
Pros
Pay, Time Off, Unlimited Coffee, Health Coverage
Cons
More responsibilities without the money to back up the demand of services on one person.
Many compared the office to Google.
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
I loved my job and the people I worked with. It was a changing culture following the merger but I believe most people rose above the challenges and continued to work hard.
Pros
free lunches 4x/wk, casual dress code, many social events for those interested
Cons
salary should have been higher
Work-life Balance is good at IHS
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 16, 2018
Work-life Balance is good at IHS.
flexible working hours and number of benefits
flexibility to work on different projects within your team
Publicly held engineering data company located in 120 countries
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2018
Large data company still trying to adjust to their broad expanse of locations throughout the world.

Company seems to be more focused on building the company then on building the employees to create a great company.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, laid back atmosphere, casual dress
Cons
Communication, director levels narrow minded, individual bonsuses don't reflect individuals performance
A corporate culture that believes in an inclusive environment
SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 11, 2018
A recent integration with another company has lead to many challenges but management and employees remain committed to working towards mutually beneficial resolutions that promote a team environment and a legacy of customer delight. The culture is relaxed and friendly but with a high degree of professionalism and a philosophy of being transparent in its communications to the customers, employees, the financial markets, the media and the public at large.
Pros
Progressive, open company
Cons
Communication in a rapidly changing environment can be a struggle
work and family life balance is great
Sr. Geospatial Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
Stress free working environment. Work and family life balance is great. Salary is mid range, and not that attractive. The company needs to invest in the career growth of younger employees-as they are the future of the company.
Pros
Great work place; work and family life balance is great.
Cons
Salary not attractive, and career growth path is very slow
Great work environment, terrible pay
Fund Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2018
I was hired right out of college, great first job as an operations analyst. I loved the high paced work environment. I was promoted to a specialized team to work with highly sensitive clients. However, even though it meant more, high level work, there was no pay raise even at the year end review. They need to pay workers for their quality. Otherwise, turnover will continue to be high.
Pros
Work life
Cons
Pay
Better than Being Unemployed
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2018
It's a stable job, which is about the best thing going for it.

I learned how incompetent management can negatively affect all aspects of an organization.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Compensation and Career Advancement are minimal
no review
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2018
no review offered. I don't want to say anything positive or negative that will reflect on my future prospects for advancement with IHS or any other company.
Pros
travel
Cons
lay-offs
good for beginers
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
good to advance your career but doesnt invest in employee growth or retention.

Grown via acquisitions thus very small opportunity for organic growth.
Pretty Toxic Environment all around - your in or your out
Rather not say..... (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
Hours are ok but no career path. It's hectic and toxic and non-appreciative. I'd say no one is safe but lets be fair - those chosen few are very safe even if they do nothing but ask others for updates and them submit up as if they actually did something, the rest are expendable. Management is reactive, culture is toxic
Pros
No real pros
Cons
Continuing decline of benefits and good people. Management is self sighted they only see themselves.
Work environment depends on the team
SME Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
Overall the work environment seemed to be good. However, depending on the team/desk you are part of, it can and will be disastrous. For instance, one previous evaluator left the firm prior to my start because team leader was horrible. I was told the previous evaluator made it very clear that the team leader was ineffective managing the team. From my own experience, that same team leader had assigned various tasks to senior members and then re-assigned it to me. The team leader makes it very clear that he plays favoritism, was horrible at relaying directions and would change evaluating and pricing methodologies during our team meetings, while making it clear to us not to speak of the change outside the group nor to the sales team. The entire team was very clear of their dislike of the team leader when he was not around, including the senior members. Senior members have also told me their dislike for the team leader due to his lack of promoting even though they have been part of the team for over 5 years.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
really depends on the team
Loved My Job
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2018
I loved the challenges that I was allowed to accomplish. The management allowed me to grow in my styles and knowledge, knowing that whatever was asked would be accomplished.
IHS Markit
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
The company is not as bad but compensation is not great. Job culture is alright. The management still need more training about because people quit very easily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHS Markit. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.4Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

20%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss