IK Systems Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Small fun company with a large footprint!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYSeptember 5, 2016
IK Systems has been in the business for 30 years now. I worked with them back in the early 2000s for 3 years or so and quickly grew from Purchasing Manager role to Operations Manager. I had to take a break as I decided to be a stay at home mom.

In 2014, when the opportunity knocked again, I was so excited to come back to IK Systems to join the family I always knew. This is a privately owned company who's owner is not only an incredible sales person but also a very kind and generous person at heart. The Management team reflects his generosity as they always put their employees first. In the short three years that I have been back, I realize everyday what makes this company fun to work with.

We are a small Rochester based company with a large Nationwide footprint. This results in ton of travel opportunity for our team members to fun places like St. Bart's, various National Parks, big and small cities. We also do many prestigious installations in prominent places like airports, casinos, stadiums, beautiful National Parks too.

Sky is the limit when it comes to advancing with IK Systems. Our team members can choose their own growth path to go from entry level technician to project manager or systems engineer.

The management has been working consistently to expand the company's structure and team.

All I can say is that everyday I come to work looking forward to work with all my team members and to take on the next challenge together. It doesn't feel like work when you are working together with people you have fun with, who have great camaraderie!

So glad, I
  more... came back!  less
Pros
Amazing benefits that surpass any competitor; many pay incentives for field team.
Rewarding Place to Work
Operations (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYSeptember 5, 2016
Employees at IKS work hard, and are rewarded well for it. The company expects a high level of responsibility from its team members, but this means that everyone working at your side are as committed to your project's success as you are. That is refreshing in a company.

If you work hard, are dedicated to your job while you are on the clock, you will be rewarded in both salary and career advancement opportunity.
Pros
Dedicated work team, company culture, salary, education incentives, advancement opportunity
Cons
New technology can be difficult to learn, but company offers training opportunities
IK Systems - Executive Admin
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYMay 24, 2016
This company's focus was on installing security cameras from Gas Stations, Casino's, Hospitals, Universities, Airports and everything in between. My role was to support the CEO/Owner of the company. Unfortunately his management style and treatment of his employees was not something I was comfortable with. The staff were wonderful to work with.
Official response from IK Systems
September 5, 2016

We are sorry this position did not work out for the executive assistant we hired. Both IK Systems' Management Team and Company Ownership take great pride in the career opportunities we offer our team members. That said, we do run our business a bit differently.

At IK Systems, our team members are given an incredible amount of freedom and autonomy. That goes for everyone – from Tech I on up to Executive Assistant. No one is going to make a team member follow "their way" of doing the job, there are guidelines and company standards, but aside from that, the choice is yours. We know that sounds awesome, but here’s the rub: With freedom comes ownership, accountability and responsibility.

Structure is great for providing comfort. It simplifies projects and makes it easier to accomplish our goals and objectives from the top down. IKS has structure and a set of operational requirements you will work within, but your tour is self-guided.

This company, your projects and your career, are yours to steer toward success and opportunity. You have the power to lead projects. You have the power to be a part of a project plan. You have the power to create your success and, in turn, ours as a company.

If you are thinking that this sounds like a lot of responsibility, you’re right. It also represents opportunity. We hope that everyone chooses to take that opportunity and make it a success.

We are proud of our company culture. We offer the highest compensation packages in the industry and believe in reward our team members.

Exciting rewarding job.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYMay 29, 2014
Personal satisfaction for beginning and finishing jobs in a timely manner.
Pros
Lots of variety different locations and job sites.
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IK Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

IK Systems Reviews by Location