IKEA Employee Reviews

Found 1,967 reviews matching the search See all 5,068 reviews
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 17, 2018
My time at Ikea was great i loved the management and all of my co-workers were great they were super flexible and you had the chance every 6 months for a raise
Pros
great atmosphere
Was okay
Sales Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 17, 2018
IKEA was great place to work but then in October 2017 they decided to reorganize the company. As a result, hours were cut which meant paycheck was less. Love the people but the company is no longer very supportive of its employees.
This was by far one of my favorite companies to work for.
Prep and flow (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAAugust 15, 2018
Ikea was a great company for me! Great hours, nice benefits, good pay, flexible time off and sick time. I also worked with a great team of people. Overall it was an awesome company to work for!
Pros
Laid back environment.
Cons
The only con was that i lived 31 miles away so i traveled 62 miles round trip everyday.
Company values not reflected in store
Active Selling Leader (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2018
Company values not reflected in store. Lack of inspiring and positive leadership in the store. Departments do not work together. Unrealistic expectations in the timeframes given.
Good Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2018
It’s a good place to work. Start off part time depends on what department you are in and experience you have hours/pay vary. Benefits are okay. And managerment is cool don’t know about in every department.
Pros
Discount lunches, good benefits, decent pay
Cons
Short Breaks, management could be better
productive work place
Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2018
great work place for younger people with no kids.it was ok! pay was great! hours sucked! didn't have a schedule set in stone so every week I worked different hours
Good Place to work
Inbound Planner/Goods Flow Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 13, 2018
Good Place to work, everyone has to figure it out for themselves, bad management. People do not leave companies, they leave bad managers. IKEA has high retention rate
Pros
great food
Cons
bad mamagement
Very large store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 13, 2018
I found myself feeling lost among many, many other employees. There were so many different sections of the store that I rarely had an opportunity to get to know others. Communication between departments was not consistent. Managers were sometimes available by phone, but not the same ones all the time. It was just a big, big, impersonal place. At one point asked for additional training on the in-store computer system, but didn’t receive it.
Pros
Store was close to my home.
Cons
Impersonal work environment.
I thought the company was great until I met my manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 12, 2018
My coworkers were pretty good. Just a slight few though. But the management weren't so well on top of their game. I felt like the employee of the year was taking control more than the actual managers that were there on duty.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks. Management is low key
slow and fast paced workplace with a close working staff
Chef (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43240August 11, 2018
IKEA's IFC is a fast paced work environment especially on weekends, but like all Food Departments had occasional slow days during the week. I learned about audit sheets, Par-Teck, basic cleaning for industrial size cooking equipment, and developed a better ability to keep coworkers happy and friendly with the energy I brought to work. Because of the great opportunity for career advancement, there are many inexperienced managers and team leads. This made days challenging at times, because the team leads ability to manage lazy coworkers and step in and help when needed.
Good place to begin work experience.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  BloomingtonAugust 9, 2018
Although it is a great place to start your work experience, I don't feel IKEA is a good place for older people who support families, to work due to the low wage.
Pros
Great products. Great discount.
Cons
Do not work well with folks who have families.
A fast-paced warehouse job
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2018
As a warehouse associate, you need to be able to move at a quick pace, handle heavy products, and pull products for customers in a timely manner. I was a Prep & Flow coworker, which means one of two things: either you work early mornings/nights restocking the store with incoming products before the store opens every morning OR you work days and you work the warehouse, pulling orders for customers at the furniture pick-up department. I have done both and compared to most retail jobs, I feel you get paid well for what you do.

The hardest part about working both shifts is probably lifting products for hours on end. While when hiring it does specify being able to lift 50lbs (or more) if you work in Self-serve you will most likely encounter many boxes heavier than that, some meant to be stacked on the shelves even. Products kept on the floor can usually be rolled into place via a pallet jack, so there's less strain in that scenario.

If willing, you can apply to become a Forklift driver when positions for that become available, however in recent years they have gotten rid of the incentive to learn the machine, which was a $1 raise upon getting your license. Driving is very stressful as you'll need to take down/put up whole pallets of product, sometimes in more cramped aisles and following a strict guideline on how to do so. I personally would not recommend becoming a driver currently, as it is the easiest and most often way I've seen coworkers get fired.

If you work hard, work fast, work clean, and can handle a little stress due to daily time crunches or heavy waves of orders,
  more... you'll probably do well working in the warehouse at IKEA.  less
Pros
Discount lunches, 15% coworker discount, great benefits package, 401k with company match, great starting pay, annual raises (depending on performance reviews), vacation time is accrued based on average hours worked per week
Cons
Not enough sick time (20/30/40 hours a year depending on position), sometimes poor management, transfers are difficult or impossible, uncooperative between departments ("That's not my job" syndrome)
Productive and engaging workplace
Human Resources Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 9, 2018
The time I spent working for Ikea was truly a good experience. i worked primarily in Smaland, supervising small children. I was able to brainstorm new creative projects for the children and create new crafts. They provided me with a budget for supplies.Ikea really works with their employees and is flexible when it comes to scheduling. It is a great job to have and pays really well especially if you're still in school. I also really enjoyed their healthy affordable meal options as well. It was one of the nicest, cleanest break rooms I have ever come across.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDAugust 8, 2018
I had the over night shift. I learned through Ikea how to operate a fork lift for the first time. Management was very laid back, they worked with us if we needed help. The workplace culture was great because I knew some of my co workers already.
Ponductive fun workplace
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILAugust 8, 2018
Good place to work they give you nice hours overtime if you want it 10 hour shift anything over 40 hours is overtime the pay is really great great job and you riding equipment how can you beat it
Pros
Big lunch area flat screen PS4 you can put on lunch break
Cons
Long way to walk to the lunch area
face paced/ fun
fun good people
job advancement opportunities
Love the brand
Customer Resolutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
Good company with excellent benefits.
Co-workers are friendly and warm! Love the brand/products.
It's well located for folks in the Orlando area, but it's a trek to get to it on a daily basis.
Work atmosphere is a bit strange in that it's a place where you are encouraged to "rat" out your co-workers for the most minor infractions.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Little room for human error
No longer for the employees
leader (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 6, 2018
Company always valued work life balance but with new structure has put more red tape regarding what you can and cannot do under the guise of a benefit. It has become more of a hindrance for opportunities and advancement. The new structure of the company is to provide better customer service but it has sacrificed valuing its employees and their engagement by doing so.
Pros
benefits, discounts, good people
Cons
poor structure, little room for advancement, no clear development plan, inconsistency in practices
easy place to work at
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 4, 2018
very little room of advancement; poor management communication. No set schedules unless you are upper management or an overnight co-worker. but decent pay among retail stores.
Great work place
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 4, 2018
Good company to work for , managers are somewhat ok never had a problem. The company has to many changes and they to go with potential co workers they have their favorite.

Just looking for company I could be a team player and exceed better my life situation
Cons
Short breaks and working big department with no help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
41.7K

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight