Play YouTube video button

Ikea Employee Reviews

Found 2,416 reviews matching the search See all 6,158 reviews
Featured review
Ikea selected this as a representative review
Very high energy workplace and very family oriented
Lead Sales Associate, - Showrooms Department (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 16, 2013
IKEA is the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for, We we're a very high traffic store with up to 50,000 customers visiting us a week. My coworkers were close like family and still are today. The Management is amazing and works right along side of their employees. I'd say like anywhere the hard part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers. And the most enjoyable was the family like atmosphere and being busy day to day.
Pros
401k and great health care
Cons
there isnt one in Las Vegas
Tough re-organization
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 25, 2019
IKEA as a company is undergoing a tough reorganization to try and make itself viable and competitive with online digital. Unfortunately, issues with staffing and stretching of their instore staff has made it less available to the customer shopping vs the customer needing after sales help. Too little and spread thin. Burnout is a thing.
Fast paced work place
Merchandising Basics Coworker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2019
Management holds no one accountable, the reliable people are penalized most and get Majority of workloads, and coworkers often felt tossed to the side
Prep and Flow level 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2019
Good company for work life balance since I started working for the company my benefits helped me alot along the way and the opportunity for growth is definitely there.
Great company, bad management!
Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXJune 21, 2019
Because Ikea is new to live oak, the management sucks! some of the managers have no idea what they're doing. If you are going to school then DO NOT apply. Instead of encouraging you and trying to work with your schedule, they will tell you your availability is "not working for the company" and find a way to make you quit. There are a lot of broken promises from managers and definitely is favoritism here.
cool
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2019
it s like a retail job. help with customer returns. replace furniture. deal with angry customers. as long as you can stay calm, the job is ok. coworkers were nice.
Toxic and Full of Discrimination
Burbank - Loyalty Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 20, 2019
Employees are viewed as slaves, not people. Hours were cut when the company went bankrupt and the employees had to take the blame. Customers are literally allowed to push you and put their hands on you and security does nothing. Instead, you get in trouble for not smiling and being friendly enough causing the customer to attack you. Victim blaming is very important to Ikea.
Cons
Stress, Misery, Gaslighting, Unsafe work environment
fun place to work, great crew
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 20, 2019
Supervise all phases of maintenance, Responsible for ensuring the location kept in like new condition at all times. Travel across North America and Canada overseeing opening of new retail locations.
Opportunities to learn and move around the store in different departments
IKEA Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJune 20, 2019
Each day posed exciting challenges and opportunities to advance the business. Together as a team we engaged the customers to ensure they were being taken care of to their expectations.
Professional
Food Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 20, 2019
Nothing really bad to say, but extremely hard job, both mentally and physically.

Sometimes they don't communicate well with the local stores to the main service office, which causes a lot of difficulties.
Great company with good people
Restaurant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 19, 2019
It was a pretty great place to work overall with managers actually caring enough to help you out and coworkers assisting each other when needed. The hardest part was sometimes dealing with rude people who waited too long in a line or people who couldn't speak enough English to understand what you were saying to them.
I loved Ikea.
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2019
Ikea is a great place to work for, they are understanding, you earn PTO by how many hours you work the week, lunch breaks are an hour, the have lunch cafe for only 3$, close time was at 930
Pros
Lunch cafe, pto
Cons
Moving around, coworkers always calls off
Engaging and diverse work environment
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 19, 2019
Working for IKEA has been a great privilege as the company focuses on being very diverse and welcomes people of all walks of life. The day-to-day work environment varies but the the employees do their best with what they are provided with. Since the beginning of my employment, the company has shown me that teamwork and striving to improve oneself along with the upper management administrators, you have the ability to achieve many accomplishments. The most difficult aspect about the job is the ever changing work dynamic for a retail environment, whether it's being understaffed, poor management skills, or a volatile clientele base we continue to strive for good results. The most enjoyable aspect about the job would be that I have a very engaging group of people to associate with and the company also provides great benefits for its employees.
Pros
Discounted employee meals, great health benefits, 401K plans, Pto
A great job for someone who doesn’t have a life.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. LouisJune 18, 2019
If you have absolutely no social, school, or family life and can afford to give up your entire day then this is the place for you. The benefits are A1 but the pay is little. The work was very easy but the scheduling sucked. At orientation, we were told that we were to receive one weekend off per month. I worked a total of 4 months and did not receive one weekend off! I brought it to the attention of a team leader and duty manager. Both told me that I was over exaggerating and that the computer system that creates the schedule is programmed to automatically give weekends off. There was a lot of favoritism shown, the team leaders were extremely rude, and everything was really disorganized.
I loved it
Children's Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJune 18, 2019
I was only there for a year before I moved to another state, but aside from the occasionally cliqueyness or troublesome coworker, I really enjoyed my time there. Ikea has a great work culture, offer great benefits, and decent pay. I can honestly say I miss it.
Definitely NOT a great place to work
Merchandising basics (Former Employee) –  West chesterJune 17, 2019
The management is the worst. It's so unorganized and a mess. Nobody knows what is right and what is wrong. They tell you one thing and mean another. Coworkers who do nothing get paid more than the coworkers who are kicking butt trying to get their job done.
Pros
Cheap meals
Good Place
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDJune 16, 2019
I thought Ikea was a decent place to work. I was however a temp and Ikea cut the contract with the temp company i went through so none of us were hired.
Great work environment
Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 16, 2019
Ikea is completely inclusive. Everyone works together basically. You can't help but to interact with everyone customers and coworkers. Good hours and decent pay. Always something to do and good opportunites for cross-training.
Pros
Staff areas are so comfy. Food is cheap for coworkers.
Cons
Drama.
Overall Not a bad place to work
Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 14, 2019
Different departments experience different work pace. Work life balance can be thrown off in busy times of the year which is maybe twice or three times for the year. Travel can be anywhere from 0%-30% depending on department and role in that department. If you love people all the time then IKEA is definitely for you.
Pros
24 PTO days
Cons
You are scolded for not participating in work place activities or gatherings
it's a job
Customer Service Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 13, 2019
.it's a job, good benefits. Ultra liberal company so be prepared for that. Management is generally good although it's not uncommon that you'll hear different stories from different people.
Fun place great pay
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2019
Loved working there until hours were cut great food discount fun enviroment great hours love benefits start right away made alot of friends managers were nice(some of them)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ikea. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.1K
31.1K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss