Play YouTube video button

IKEA Employee Reviews

Found 2,097 reviews matching the search See all 5,346 reviews
Featured review
IKEA selected this as a representative review
Very high energy workplace and very family oriented
Lead Sales Associate, - Showrooms Department (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 16, 2013
IKEA is the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for, We we're a very high traffic store with up to 50,000 customers visiting us a week. My coworkers were close like family and still are today. The Management is amazing and works right along side of their employees. I'd say like anywhere the hard part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers. And the most enjoyable was the family like atmosphere and being busy day to day.
Pros
401k and great health care
Cons
there isnt one in Las Vegas
Was a great company
Product Quality Responsible (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 18, 2018
I've been with Ikea for over 8 years and I'm leaving because of the structural change within the company that changed the way we worked and the company atmosphere. Change is good but not everything has to change, especially when the change was for the worse. The coworkers I have had the privilege to work with are great, but unfortunately upper management not so much. Good company but not great.
great place to work
Packer and Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAOctober 17, 2018
great family and safety first environment. great benefits. very good pay and communication between employees. opportunities for overtime offered. overall a good place.
Diverse workplace
Customer Service Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 16, 2018
Very diverse workplace. Stressful at times but, overall everyone works together to take care of the many customers that come through the door everyday.
Pros
Competitive benefits
Cons
not enough staff at times
Amazing coworkers but management not so much
Smaland and Markethall coworker (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 15, 2018
Met some amazing people while working for IKEA but management doesn't have their coworkers backs. Constantly understaff and taking sales coworkers to be a cashier causing problems on the floor with no sales staff available or leaving one to run a whole floor by themselves. Benefits are good though.
Pros
Co workers, quick pace, good exercise
Cons
customers, management, under staffed
The workplace
Prep & Flow (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 15, 2018
Average day at IKEA (as a prep and flow coworker) consisted of primarily processing orders for both in store and online customers. Stocking and reorganizing shelves, and providing excellent customer service. Other than weekends, the job becomes slow and boring with few tasks to complete.
Pros
Inexpensive lunch & the paid time off
Cons
Poor manager to coworker communication
Diverse culture to work with.
Prep & flow coworker / forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INOctober 15, 2018
As it is a new store, there were many times the management didn't know proper procedures to get things done correctly. Raises and or review didn't happen on time either. Hours were being cut and the hours were flexing around a lot.
Pros
Benifits were great.
Cons
Work time frames fluxuated too much and hours got cut.
Serious workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GAOctober 15, 2018
Make sure you’re careful and label everything right cause it’s one of the most important things. Be aware of your surroundings cause it could be dangerous.
Was a great company to work for before it restructured under O4G. Now its basically working for Walmart but with really good insurance.
RISK AND COMPLIANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IlOctober 15, 2018
When I first started years ago Ikea had an excellent job culture. People were actively trained and promoted from within, the benefits were amazing (insurance even for part time, paid maternity and paternity), and the culture was positive, including paid volunteer opportunities and rewards for meeting goals.
While all this is still true for the rest of the world, the north american stores have restructured under a program called o4g. Many long time loyal employees were screwed in the process, such as having their previous positions eliminated and transferred to jobs which may or may not align with their talent, and salary caps were instituted and enforced, meaning employees were forced to take pay cuts despite having perforned their jobs and received excellent reviews. To encourage hiring new employees were compensated at a higher level then employees who had been doing the same job for years, that really helped morale soar. Meanwhile customers still wait 2 hours to get ahold of customer service by phone, only to not have their issue resolved for literally months, and customers in store cant find any Active Sellers to assist them with ordering products because they are all default cashiers instead. Hiring from within went out the window, when my department needed a new lead not one of my five coworkers with years of experience in the department and previous management experience were even offered an interview, or even told what area needed improvement for promotion. Fun fact, after a month there is only one of those coworkers left in the department. Another department
  more... has no lead but an experienced and capable employee is also not even considered and the position goes unfilled instead. Most long time employees have fled or in the process of fleeing. The insurance is still good though...for now.  less
Pros
Good insurance, paid maternity and paterniy leave
Cons
Low morale, low advancement potential
Awesome work place
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 14, 2018
Enjoyed going in to work early morning out early to be with my kids the coworkers there were just great and helpful towards my needs
training was great always willing to learn new things
Pros
great co workers
Cons
little lunch time
Great company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 14, 2018
Ikea is an amazing company to work for, I really planned on working there the rest of my career but family and life had other plans. I hope to find another opportunity that I can get excited over, thank you for your time.
Fun work space
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 12, 2018
Pto, Great leaders, awesome co-workers, partime or fulltime,morning,noon,evening,night shifts,full day or half day full week or weekends,great benefits,raiser pay depending on the individuals work ethics.
Pros
Discounts, free juice, free coffee
Cons
Short lunch, no sitting
Great place to work at, very friendly and inclusive with anyone with any background.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAOctober 12, 2018
I have worked here for over 2 years going for my third. I am a customer service team leader. I feel like working here has opened many doors for customer service work in other companies. They have helped me work on my time management, overall work ethic, and helped me become the supervisor I am today. With help from IKEA I could pick up a customer service supervisor position anywhere.
IKEA needs to learn to follow their value
Food Service Worker II (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 11, 2018
This job is perfect for you if you loved to be stressed, rushed, and dealing with incredibly rude customers. It especially stressful when coworkers call in because they're hungover, or the last person who put in their 2 weeks doesn't even show up for them. Some of the managers are great, but one in particular is incredibly unpleasant. They think it's appropriate to be rude to customers and yell at their employees for a small reason. The staff caff and breakroom was the only pleasant thing about this job.
Pros
Easy work when not a rush, starting pay, acummulating PTO
Cons
Work every weekend, super busy on weekends, unreliable coworkers, rude team leaders
Produ tive and fun
Customer service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIOctober 11, 2018
a typical day was to get the pallets ready for daily delivery
Logistics and customer service
the work culture was great very work life / Family life balance
dealing with the Public was the hardest thing.
the most enjoyable was the public as well
Good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2018
Amazing company to work for with beyond great benefits. They really do live by work life balance and they do stand by their motto of working within! I liked the energy and morale, even though management could use a boost, the overall of the environment is great!
Pros
Amazing holiday parties
Work for your money
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 10, 2018
The company is definitely amazing, however. the work load can vary from lax to overwhelming. It just depends on your team leads and coworkers on the floor.
We lack peoples and manager compassion
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Lack of support, favoritism.
Productive and busy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAOctober 10, 2018
A day as a Receptionist at Ikea was fun, but also sometimes hectic. Its something you get use to. Everyone works together so that made the job not feel so much as a job. I truly enjoyed working at Ikea.
Very Organized & Family oreintaded
Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
I loved working here wouldnt mind working here again, learned alot of skills working here. Overll it is a very good company, and very good beignets...
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Could get very busy
fast paced
Prep and Flow Co-Worker I (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 9, 2018
I've been working at IKEA for a little over 2 years now. Great place to work. Great benefits. Great co-worker atmosphere. Best part of the job would most likely be the co-worker interactions.
Pros
Benefits Package
Cons
lack of hours
Great company to work with
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GAOctober 8, 2018
Loved it I learned a lot a ikea. I never knew how to drive a forklift until I went to ikea. All you had to do is pay attention to your trainee and everything will be alright

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
41.8K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight