Play YouTube video button

Ikea Employee Reviews

Found 2,176 reviews matching the search See all 5,561 reviews
Featured review
Ikea selected this as a representative review
Very high energy workplace and very family oriented
Lead Sales Associate, - Showrooms Department (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 16, 2013
IKEA is the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for, We we're a very high traffic store with up to 50,000 customers visiting us a week. My coworkers were close like family and still are today. The Management is amazing and works right along side of their employees. I'd say like anywhere the hard part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers. And the most enjoyable was the family like atmosphere and being busy day to day.
Pros
401k and great health care
Cons
there isnt one in Las Vegas
ikea
logistics (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 11, 2018
i worked in the warehouse, after a month they had me on a forklift, i loved it after 2 months my manager was moving and the new manager offered me a 2$ raise, the break room was fantastic like a cafeteria.
Wonderful Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 11, 2018
Ikea is a great company to work for. They are invested in making sure that their employees have all of the skills that are necessary to thrive in the company.
It was relaxing and fun to travel as we worked
Delvery Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2018
Typical day was delivering all day long. I learn how they calculate the sale of how much they make per customer. Management was great with the management I had he would mentor me. Workplace culture was fun and was a learning experience. Hardest part was carrying stuff up stairs. The most enjoyable part was traveling and seeing new place around the state.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
No benefits
great company
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Frederickson, WADecember 10, 2018
Ikea is employee and customer focused. Overall the company has wonderful values. I have not had the best experience with some of the leadership in the particular place I work, but I do not feel that represents the overall company.
fun high stress job
Home Delivery Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIDecember 10, 2018
Ikea is a very busy retail space with a overall positive work enviroment and good benefits. maintaining and projecting a positve attitude is required to succeed
Can be super stressful but still an okay place to work.
Customer Service Team (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 9, 2018
A typical day can range from extremely slow to so busy you don't have time to breathe, let alone take a break. IKEA is BIG on their culture and values but they were not at my store, I think maybe because it was new but everyone was learning together and I did like that about it. But, if there was a medical emergency, Serious medical issue or other life threatening issue, they put policy before the person and that wasn't okay what so ever. I did learn how to deal with it and work with it. I do love my co-workers and who I was around. You get close with them and managers too when there isn't many employees left. I thought I had thick skin before working here but now I have steel as skin. I'd get sworn at everyday, have things thrown at me, for literally no reason at. Or because of a policy I had no control over. I did love the department I worked in, even if the people weren't the nicest. It allowed me to use my brain more and I'm the type of person that needs to keep learning. I've relocated since but I do miss my store and co-workers so much. It's true you don't know how good you have it until it's gone. The store has a lot to work out but it's a baby and like normal babies they don't know everything at first.
Pros
Health Benefits, How getting PTO time worked, the other co-workers I worked with
Cons
Not helpful with medical needs always.
Excellent company
Costumer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 9, 2018
This is one of the best company that i have been thorthroughugh, i just love to work here because all managers and co workers are really collaborative and helpful
It's not a forever job
Front Line Cashier (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CADecember 6, 2018
Like every retail stores, there are good days when things run smoothly and bad days where one bad customer can ruin your day or short-staffed on a busy day. The difference is that most of the merchandises are huge or fragile furniture. Co-workers can vary from healthful to lazy, but there's always someone new; high school-college part timers who stays are a while for experience/quick cash.

Although there's opportunity to move to different departments at the store to try new things or get new experience, it's not a place where if you're aiming for a high position or manager job. Benefits and conditions do improve in time, it's just not for me.
Pros
Can apply to other departments if opened, friendly co-workers
Cons
No fixed hours, confusing break schedule
Committed to togetherness
IKEA Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PADecember 4, 2018
As such we all experience the ups and downs together. Everyone is committed to working together to make our plans come to life, in an environment where retail is constantly changing.
Fast Paced
Customer Service Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 3, 2018
Never bored, fast paced and the hardest part were the customers. Managers were great except with the exception of few who were more likely to display favoritism.

Want to know more about Ikea?

Ask a question
Good Company
Frontline Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 2, 2018
Over 12 yeas with them and they’ve always treated me well. Really affordable great benefits and the opportunity to work with some amazing coaches and mentors.
Sucks
ACTIVE SELLER (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CANovember 30, 2018
Management sucks in west sac never on the floor anymore sits at desk all day people are somewhat kinds coworkers are a mixed of those who get they work done and those who slack unbelievably
Great Company working on a few kinks.
Logistics Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2018
Working at ikea presented the opportunity learn about warehouse merchandising in and about the logistics feild. I also learned to drive and operate heavy machinery such as forklifts.

My time at ikea would have been much more enjoyable if the management had more time to focus on employees, regarding on-time pay raises, sceduling and shift rotations.
Pros
Great Benefits/ discounts. Positive employee atmosphere.
Cons
Unorganized. Understaffed. Underpaid
Great place to worl
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 30, 2018
Great pay and great hours. Fun and learning environment. Loved working for this job and. All. Of. My. Coworkers. We’re. Great. I. Loved. All. Of. Them.
Best place I think I'll ever work
Active Seller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 30, 2018
I've worked at IKEA for over a year now and have never felt more at home while at work. Treated like a person by management and fellow employees. Benefits are amazing. Management worked with me to accommodate my needs for my chronic illnesses. Excellent support for LGBT community. Interesting things happening all of the time to make going to work exciting, I don't think I'll ever work somewhere more inviting and caring.
Management Aloof and Ignorant
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danville, VANovember 29, 2018
Working for IKEA has been good in the past. The last two years brought in a new Plant Manager, Operations Manager, and HR Manager. The Engineering Manager is a joke and should have been dismissed a long time ago. The culture at IKEA has changed drastically. The management team is clueless as to what is going on and are causing more problems than helping. The plant is being run into the ground by a handful of highly paid people who are doing nothing to help the company but blaming the failures on those below them when the ones below have no control of what decisions are being made.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay rate
Cons
Long mandatory hours, management won't listen, cutthroat environment
Easy going job
Order Selector/Warehouse co-worker (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJNovember 29, 2018
out of all the places I have worked, Ikea has to be in my top 3. The benefits are awesome, the co-workers are great and the job isnt really that hard. Great company to start your career in logistics/warehouse.
Benefits
Cons
lack of communication/morale
horrible boss
Textiles Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 29, 2018
My boss got me fired cause I did her job better then she could I complained to her one time that they were not taking enough money out of my check to pay for my couch and made it seem like i did not want to pay for it
Pros
many
Cons
some
No leadership
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PANovember 29, 2018
It used to be a great place to work. Then they did a massive overhaul of the global organization. Said overhaul failed miserably. They laid off people, and more layoffs are coming. Stay away.
A Great Company
Returns Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 28, 2018
I have been working for Ikea since January 2018. I started as a Restaurant cashier and trained in the Cash Lanes as well. Then I was gradually trained in Returns, which is my main area now. At first, I was overwhelmed by all the new things I had to learn. But I picked a lot up very quickly and now i really enjoy it. There is a really diverse group of people who are employed at the Twin Cities Ikea. I really enjoy working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ikea. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ikea.

Powered by Comparably