IKEA Employee Reviews

Ikea
Merchandising Basics Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 16, 2017
IKEA is a very fun and laid-back place to work. They strive to include people from various backgrounds and make diversity one ore their key values. IKEA has changed in the passed month to a new structure which, of course, has it's kinks to work out but I do enjoy and look forward to coming to work. My team is the best, coworkers and managers. I can come to them about anything and not worry about them shrugging me off. The hardest part of working is, some of the positions are very labor intensive and it leaves you too tired to do anything after work and sometimes throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of my job if getting to laugh and goof off with my coworkers whenever we have the free time to do so.
Pros
Very good benefits, Wonderful staff, good food, flexible schedules, easy to get time off when needed
Cons
Task piling, labor intensive
Entry level workplace
KITCHEN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRNovember 16, 2017
Ikea is the best workplace environment for entry-level job seekers. Not good for a long career status. All positions are already filled causing a non growth career pursuit.
Pros
Relax environment
Cons
Poor management
Temp for 6 months. Loved my work. Not so much after switching dept.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDNovember 16, 2017
A typical day at work involved being herded in like cattle, parking lot jammed. Standing in line with hundreds, waiting on only 2 time clocks. i believe u get the drift.
My IKEA experience
Sales Co-worker in Textiles & Bath (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CANovember 15, 2017
IKEA is very family oriented, majority of the co-workers are friendly and supportive. Working for IKEA has been an experience, even with my transfer from one location to another. I like their benefits and the people I have worked with!
Productive And Close-Knit Workplace
Merchandising Basics (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 15, 2017
I worked for this company for 5 years from October 2012 Until November of this year, and i miss it already. Over those years, i made an incredible amount of connections, friends and knowledge of how the store ran and helped me to become not only a better co-worker but also competent and challenged me to think for myself and work independently right along with being in a team setting.
Fun place to work
Textile Sales Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2017
Nice fun place to work cool christmas party and company gift at the end of the year. Crazy on the weekends, hours changed too much never were consisted and couldn't depend on check to be constant.
High paced, low volume
Logistics CoWorker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2017
The job consist of daily unloading of trucks, product picks for replenishment, replenishing shelves and warehouse for customers. The management is terrible, shows favoritism, lack of consistency, which leads to low coworker morale and motivation.
Pros
$1 lunches, 15% discount
Cons
short breaks or lack of
favoritism!!!
co-worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2017
management knows how far they are going to promote from the moment they hire you. if you have blonde hair and blue eyes fast track straight to the top.
Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2017
Great Place to work, willing to train, great benefits!
Flexible Schedule
Holiday Pay
Call center 24/7
Progression encouraged
Overtime availability
401 k offered
Pros
bonuses
Cons
coworker appreciatition
Excellent place to work
Sales CoWorker (Current Employee) –  College Park, MD 20740November 10, 2017
During my time here at IKEA I genuinely enjoyed working there. The work environment was very friendly and also very inclusive of everyone working there. Everyone from the management team down to the employees all work together to help not only the customers but also each other. I would highly recommend IKEA to anyone looking for a job in a great work environment.
Fun and fast paced retail environment.
Kitchen Planner/ Home Design Center (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2017
Kitchen Design for Ikea was exciting. Typically I would help customers understand the kitchen product lines, how the products worked together and correct kitchen spacing. The majority of my days included taking appointments with clients to customize the layout, measurement specification, detailed ordering, and add on selling. Additional knowledge gained from outside classes in flooring and countertops. The hardest part of my job was dealing with out of stocks/supply chain. Communicating that information was often not well received by customers. Being upfront with real timelines and staying in constant contact, often help customers feel assured their order eventually will be filled.
Pros
Fun and fast paced environment. New products all the time.
Cons
Out of stocks. Difficult when a customer was waiting on a piece or two to complete their project.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2017
Physical place to work. Fast paced. Had to go in and out of the building a lot due to job requirements. Kept busy and worked hard to achieve and complete each task.
Ghetto Call Center
WORKER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2017
backward, outdated technology, grade school treatment of employees by management, management unreliable, lacking knowledge and never available. IKEA customers are some of the meanest and most entitled people you will ever speak to. If you've worked in a call center before and thought they were bad, just know this one is pretty much the worst you can find.
Pros
blue jean dress code
Cons
money, mandatory weekends, old slow technology, and mired down in process that does nothing but clog problem resolution
day at ikea Pittsburgh
Goodsflow Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Robinson, PANovember 8, 2017
Show up to work around 2:30am. After seeing how many picks and trucks decide if I would unload trucks or do picks. Help in the replenishment of merchandize.
I don't like the grave yard shift
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MD 21237November 7, 2017
I tried to change my shift to days due to lack of public transportation after 10:00pm. They refused only the Management and their friends worked days.
Pros
sometimes free food
Cons
no worklife balance
Horrible
sales co worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2017
As a part time hourly co worker you tend to be over worked, under appreciated, and under paid for what you did. While the managers sat in their office comfortable, coworkers were on the sales floor. Also, it's hard to get the weekends off with out requesting it or without being a manager. Overall when I first started it was a great company, now that I look back at it, I wasted almost 2 years of my life.
Company itself
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2017
IKEA is a great place to work, Unfortunate I only worked there as a seasonal employee over the summer, so I couldn't get the full benefits. Full time at IKEA is good and the representation of Swedish culture incorporated to the companies culture is great. Very friendly associates to work with.
Pros
Discounts on furniture, food, and drinks. Great pay and bonus !!!!!
Cons
Management can be lacking and can get stressful on event sale days.
Terrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDNovember 5, 2017
Worst job I've ever had, and I would never work for them again. Always on your feet, and with chronic pain, it's not the best job for anyone living with disabilties.
Fastpaced and relaxed
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 3, 2017
Overall my time at IKea was okay. The pay was de ebt, but my managers were not the greatest. They would tall about employees while they were present and it felt very highschoolish.
Productive and informative job
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TX 75034November 1, 2017
This was a very great place to work. The teamwork there is really awesome. I hardly ever ran into an employee that was difficult to work with. This job informs you on so much more about retail then you thought you knew. There is definitely room for advancement. The job itself brought me many job skills that would later be needed, and opens up a whole new perspective on retail. Working within a department was my favorite position held. You were able to follow a routine day in and day out that didn't often change. It was always well explained what your job tasks included.
Pros
Informative team meetings, friendly employees and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.