Play YouTube video button

Ikea Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Found 98 reviews matching the search See all 6,219 reviews
Featured review
Ikea selected this as a representative review
Very high energy workplace and very family oriented
Lead Sales Associate, - Showrooms Department (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 16, 2013
IKEA is the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for, We we're a very high traffic store with up to 50,000 customers visiting us a week. My coworkers were close like family and still are today. The Management is amazing and works right along side of their employees. I'd say like anywhere the hard part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers. And the most enjoyable was the family like atmosphere and being busy day to day.
Pros
401k and great health care
Cons
there isnt one in Las Vegas
Fast paced work place
Merchandising Basics Coworker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2019
Management holds no one accountable, the reliable people are penalized most and get Majority of workloads, and coworkers often felt tossed to the side
cool
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2019
it s like a retail job. help with customer returns. replace furniture. deal with angry customers. as long as you can stay calm, the job is ok. coworkers were nice.
Fun and fast pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2019
IKEA is very diverse and Laid back .... I enjoyed the different customers.. I love the job skill it provided ..IKEA has taught me alot about different job Roles and it really gives you the drive to want more..
The one in Atlanta
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2019
It could be soooo much better but customer service is trash. Dealing with the most mess but get paid the least. The managers don’t communicate with each other as well as with the new trainees and the people that’s been there for a while
Pros
Advancement, 3-4 dollar meals, great breakroom and coworkers
Cons
Managers, lack of communication, lack of care for employees
Great Job
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2019
This job paid well and also gave bonuses. Cant forget about Paid Time Off. I also valued the low prices and discounts that we received when purchasing items.
IKEA has not been a descent place to work for quite sometime
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2019
There is no real on the job training, you are expected to shadow fellow coworkers and absorb whatever info you can with no manuals or other resources to aide you. There is too much gray area in almost everything and everywhere you look, allowing too much room for error and possibly, termination. You are constantly working next to unqualified lazy coworkers because IKEA doesn't feel the need to hire "good people", just "available bodies". The morale amongst the coworkers has plummeted tremendously and the customer reviews are no better. Changes are constantly being made without a substantial amount of planning, thought or clarity from the store manager. The hardest part of the job was not having any concrete idea of what to do on a daily basis to help the store become a better place to shop. Great ideas from coworkers were never praised or rewarded. They were usually frowned upon and later incorporated into the work life. As part time (25-35) hours, you are to have completely OPEN availability, as if you have no life or family to take care of. A staff of 10 coworkers are now being forced to take on the task of 25 coworkers for low pay. IKEA refuses to replenish the help that is needed. they also refuse to pay a proper wage knowing that the cost of living in Atlanta has risen greatly. The most enjoyable part of the job used to be the ability to work with an awesome crew of people but sadly they all left the company feeling slighted by the direction IKEA is now headed.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Too long to list
Nice company to work for
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
Nice job culture, very employee oriented. Not really much opportunity for advancement but you can transfer from department to department. Employees have their own cafeteria where food is provided at a discounted rate.
Great place to learn life characteristics, independence, & freedom to create art
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2019
This job has been the best I’ve had so far in my career the freedom to create & help others has been the best thing thus far.. my manager dependency on my work ethic is really what motivates me to always go over & beyond.. working with people who enjoys your help on projects and who genuinely cares for your growth is just the most beautiful thing in a work place for people in my position due to the mental pressure of always having to give 180%.
Pros
religious beliefs & culture freedom, Staff cafe, quiet room, 2 15min breaks throughout your shift to regroup, personal work space for all departments
Cons
Pay rate
Great Company working on a few kinks.
Logistics Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2018
Working at ikea presented the opportunity learn about warehouse merchandising in and about the logistics feild. I also learned to drive and operate heavy machinery such as forklifts.

My time at ikea would have been much more enjoyable if the management had more time to focus on employees, regarding on-time pay raises, sceduling and shift rotations.
Pros
Great Benefits/ discounts. Positive employee atmosphere.
Cons
Unorganized. Understaffed. Underpaid
Avoid at all costs
Cold Food Preparer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2018
This company is cool but is managed very poorly. The Atlanta location is one of the worst stores open. There is barely any career advancement unless you're a brown-noser.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
unfair wages
can be a fun place to work
Production Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2018
very busy
great pay
workplace culture is ok
plenty of training for employee's and managers
growth in the workplace is cutthroat on all levels.
meals
Very Organized & Family oreintaded
Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
I loved working here wouldnt mind working here again, learned alot of skills working here. Overll it is a very good company, and very good beignets...
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Could get very busy
Good benefits
Logistics Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
good benefits, management is completely disorganized
flexible work schedule an the people are friendly. there isn't much room for advancement. occasionally they give you free lunch
Productive,fun, and caring place to be.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
IKEA is a good company for someone to work. I learnt a lot about running a restaurant in a retail oriented atmosphere. If the opportunity presents itself again, I will not hesitate to cease it. On a typical day at work,though we have different assignments, we help each other to make the work go easy and flawless . Because the job is very interesting to me, dealing with people,solving their issues, making them happy, and being a believer in customer's satisfaction, I found it hard to pinpoint any difficulties about the job. I am not saying it does not exist,it might be there.
I just don't see it.The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a smile on customers' faces.The workplace culture is friendliness,timeliness,collaboration. Because the goal is customer's satisfaction. With outstanding managers, friendly coworkers, I hope most companies would duplicate IKEA.
Pros
reasonable, and affordable cost for lunch.
Cons
Short time to enjoy the meal.
Fast-paced work environment
Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30363September 1, 2018
Very fast paced. Customers are rude. Some managment is helpful. Turnover rate is high. Job can be stressful and disorganized. Benifits are food though.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Disorganized
Great working environment
A replenishment associate must have the ability (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30363July 26, 2018
It’s a great place to work at. Very consistent pace of work, it isn’t hard at all. You just basically have to be able to listen and pay attention to details.
Warehouse/Audit Team Leader/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2018
Fun work place, good people, good culture, good benefits, very diverse and relaxed workplace. Good training, $1 breakfast, $3 lunches. People very helpful.
Benefits
Cons
High turnover
Beware
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Ikea as a whole is a very good company. However I would be very concerned for anyone applying to work at store level at Ikea in Atlantic station. The hours are unpredictable, the jobs description is VERY tentative, good leaders are far and few between. They pay what I call new age minimum wage and you can expect to be told to be a team player while leaders make double and triple your salary. I have a team memeberstill in college making upwards of $5/ hour more than me when I was asked why I wasn’t offered the same amount with my degree related to the field and 10 years experience I was told that “it was the best that could be offered to me.” This store spreads its coworkers tissue paper thin. There’s no coworkers to assist customers because there are barely any working in the store and the turn over rate is well over 50% unless you’re a leader because of course you’re making $20+/ hour. The store manager is doing nothing to alleviate the stress of the staff and is constantly pinching pennies at the expense of the lower level employees. Be prepared to be available full time hours even if you only work part time and Hours are cut at any time without notice. Ask the leaders who interview you LOTS of questions about the position you’re applying to because they will lie and omit information to have a body on the floor. A lot of the jobs at Ikea require u to do the jobs of three or more people (you may end up on stuck onthe register, assisting customers, and picking up furniture even if you were told you are not supposed to). There is only room to move up in the company if leaders  more... like u. There’s no formal training (you’re going to be on the sales floor within a day of an 8 hour training about the history of Ikea). I would never advise anyone looking to supplement income, pay more than one bill, feed more than just themselves or live in any form or fashion to work at the Ikea in Atlantic station. My coworkers were awesome but the business side was a a complete nightmare. This job is way too much work for the pay and this particular store preys on those who need a job. You can check the salary stats for yourself, leaders are making $50k/year while hourly employees make $11/hour.  less
Pros
Good workers
Cons
No transparency, bad management, under paid, over worked
Very good company,excellent benefits
Creative Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
I love working for IKEA, wonderful environment and good chance of growth when offered. Leadership could have better leadership skills,A great company!
fun and great experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at IKEA good environment to work in and i loved i was always busy. I really enjoyed working in the children's area. Everyone was nice to me and I wouldn't mind working there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ikea. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.1K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ikea.

Powered by Comparably