Play YouTube video button

Ikea Employee Reviews in Brooklyn, NY

Found 112 reviews matching the search See all 6,222 reviews
Featured review
Ikea selected this as a representative review
Very high energy workplace and very family oriented
Lead Sales Associate, - Showrooms Department (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 16, 2013
IKEA is the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for, We we're a very high traffic store with up to 50,000 customers visiting us a week. My coworkers were close like family and still are today. The Management is amazing and works right along side of their employees. I'd say like anywhere the hard part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers. And the most enjoyable was the family like atmosphere and being busy day to day.
Pros
401k and great health care
Cons
there isnt one in Las Vegas
fun place
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2019
I loved working here, I loved my coworkers, my boss was nice. I loved coming into work everyday. everyone was nice and friendly and everyone all worked as a team!
Multicultural setting.
Preparation and Flow Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 19, 2019
Ikea is a good place to work for has plenty good roles to work for also there is alot of opportunities to grow and advance to management level and the pay is great.
Pros
Lunch is cheap
Cons
Breaks are not long enough
Different from any other retail company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 25, 2019
I was really excited to have the opportunity to work there. I loved just how nice everyone was, from coworkers to managers to customers. Great benefits, stability, fun workplace, international company, the culture was very different. The one issue I realize now is that the customer is not always mentioned as being the number one priority. At the end of the day IKEA is run like any other retail company.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
interesting
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 14, 2018
easy job,did not enjoy a few things, besides the lack of work ethic by management it was an ok place to work,not enough growth within the company so dont expect to move up 2 years or less,and dont expect to be interviewed for a desired position once in the company ,they tell you everyone has a fare chance and will be interviwed but they dont keep their word and would rather hire people from over seas than move anyone up thats already been with the company.
how to work with others
Delivery/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11231November 18, 2018
a typical day at work would be checking in , getting my assignment than putting everything in the truck with my co worker . I learned how to work with people ,communication skills and how to keep everything organized .
High volume store located near the water with water taxi service and Statue of Liberty view
Customer Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 29, 2018
IKEA Brooklyn is a great place to begin your retail career. Great managers, clear goals and expectations. Opportunity to grow within the company, relocation opportunities. Minimal education high school diploma or GED required, experience a+. Diversity of culture, race, sexual orientation, etc.
Pros
$3 lunch
Cons
Mon-Sun working shift
Good Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2018
It’s a good place to work. Start off part time depends on what department you are in and experience you have hours/pay vary. Benefits are okay. And managerment is cool don’t know about in every department.
Pros
Discount lunches, good benefits, decent pay
Cons
Short Breaks, management could be better
Nice environment
Returns/Customer Service Coworker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 30, 2018
Typical day in returns involves processing refunds for customers which can be from 1-40 or the rare 100+ items where a person returns their kitchen or living room. We have a place where we look for spare parts like screws for customers. The hardest part of the job is the cases that deal with issues of missing delivery items or non-deliveries. You can get some pleasant customers and some frustrated customers. In the store if you don't like a position, you can move pretty quickly to another dept (after 3 months). Its a nice place to work and pays good for a retail but for this position where we fix everybodys problems the pay could be better.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
More money for the positon
Strong customer relations skills
Assist co-worker (Former Employee) –  Red Hook Brooklyn New YorkJuly 25, 2018
I learned a lot of things about Ikea when I was there part-time and I also learn that is a good paying job and knowing how to fix anything that comes in the building for example like furnitures also one day I would like to know more about Ikea go further in the future being with Ikea
great work environment
Sales Associate, Logistics (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 24, 2018
they involve everyone in company events that are thrown throughout the year including family members and friends and that was one of the things I enjoyed about the company
Kitchens & Bath Co - Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2018
Great, fun place to work. Management is fair and the co workers are nice also.... Lots of differently cultures under one yellow and blue box roof.....
Pros
Job advancement opportunities
Cons
Far commute
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2018
Overall the company is a great place to work but after yrs of being there most co-workers feel stuck. Despite Ikea's efforts for growth and development the managers hire based on relationships. This place can easily be a career but be prepared to be stagnant for some time. Still better then all my previous employers.
Pros
discounts, pto, 401k, health benefits, dental, life insurance, pet insurance
Cons
Lack of Advancement
ok job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 3, 2018
not the best job but not the worst, its a a lot of workers so its limited hours and you get paid bi-weekly which was also annoying. had good supervisors which mad it easy.
Very fun workplace and a lot of opportunities to grow.
Self Serve Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 24, 2018
Its a fast pace work environment that keeps you on your toes with an amazing leadership team that keeps the flow of the store a fun place to work at, even with angry customers my day is never bad.
Pros
great management
Cons
Very far to travel to.
Best Place to Work and Grow
Sales (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 18, 2018
Great people working here. Management pays attention to the good work you do and they seek to advance you at the earliest opportunity. I enjoyed every day of work and was eager to come in every day. You'll love your time here and feel you've accomplished a lot at the end of each day.
Pros
Benefits, Help from Co-workers, Fun Activities Each Month
Cons
Not Enough Work Hours; Need Full-Time!
Decent Retail Job
Front Line Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 29, 2018
Typical day at work; clock in get till prepared come down to the floor ring take atlas two breaks depending on how long the shift is. PTO is accrued sick time is based on your hour level overall its probably one of the best retail companies to work for.
slooooow paced
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 27, 2018
great job for someone who has low energy..everything about this job is great..my only complaint is that im high energy and ikea has no energy..everyone drags their feet and is always on sleep mode..but thats just a preference..im a high energy person..i like fast paced enviorments..but its a great job..i think its just the shift i was on.
benefits
Cons
slooow paced
productive and fun place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 27, 2018
productive and fun. management was cool. work place culture was lively. hardest part of my job was getting to work. and the most enjoyable part of the job was having lunch.
Pros
cheap lunch from the cafeteria
Cons
distance
Good for college students
Customer Relations Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 22, 2018
Management does not care about the employees at all. My commute is way to far for me . But its good for people that live in brooklyn the job is good for college students. Not single mothers...
Pros
$3.00 Meals
Cons
The company dont care about their employees
Pretty average
Assisting guests (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11231February 28, 2018
Management overall was sub-par, working on the sales floor is tedious, only good thing was the food and other coworkers that made the experience more tolerable.
Pros
Discounted lunch, and employee discounts, and decent pay .
Cons
Consistently difficult customers, management is mostly lazy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ikea. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.1K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight