IKEA Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Working for Ikea is good
Carts CoWorker / Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2018
While working for ikea i received decent pay considering my hours and amount of labor. The store is often busy but you receive a good amount of breaks and receive good benefits overall.
Terrible management
Seasonal Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63108June 13, 2018
Management is super lazy. They act like they get an attitude when you ask for help or ask them to simply do their job. They take 20 minutes to come answer questions for customers. Breaks are never given on time. For price checks and other inquires you have to call extensions to different departments store 4 or 5 times and still never get an answer,or they tell you "try this extension, I'm not in this department". Very annoying when you have a line full of customers Also, management is just as knowledgable as I was about things. Everyday is a headache. It is a fast paced environment, very busy on the weekends but fun interacting with all types of customers and coworkers.
Pros
Discount, coworkers, IKEA values, work environment
Cons
Management, never get breaks on time, unhelpful
Good Job Opportunity for ENTRY LEVEL
Customer Service Employee (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 11, 2018
At first, working for IKEA felt like a great opportunity, but climbing the corporate ladder is nearly impossible. There are workers who have entry-level jobs there even after working for 10+ years. For those looking for a temporary job, I highly recommend working here. For those looking for a career, just remember there is a hierarchy even amongst entry level workers.
Not a bad place, just a bad set up.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 10, 2018
For the most part I went in knowing that there would be people. A lot of people. I did not know that I would be left pretty much by myself for the most part to deal with said people a week in. My manager wasn't ever on duty when I was working and I had to go through other managers to try and do anything. I never did get the form they said I would to do direct deposit. Over all my co-workers were amazing though they were very much set in their ways and had groups they stuck to making interaction hard.
fun place, always very productive to work at
Customer Service Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 3, 2018
I am a cashier and my day usually depends what department in customer service I am scheduled at, for example if I have to be in returns I am helping do returns, exchanges, and setting up deliveries along with working furniture hand out if my fellow coworkers need the hand. I have learned many things and one is always able to do so just as long as one is open to do so
Pros
great benefits, very friendly coworkers, equal opportunities
Cons
management, under staffed, call center takes forever to get through them
Great Benefits, but poor leadership.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 30, 2018
The health benefits were amazing here when I worked there. However, I know that premiums skyrocketed because of Obamacare. So, they are not as good any more.
I had 2 really great supervisors there. But, many of the supervisors were unprofessional, lacking in any type of leadership training.
I saw a lot of my coworkers being treated very poorly on a consistent basis.
The environment in my customer service department was very cut-throat, very political, unlike any other place I've ever been. It was shocking.
On paper, the values of the company are decent. The pay was okay. Just some of the supervisors and managers there had just really low moral character in general and lacked in true leadership. It made for some stress for myself and even worse for some of my coworkers.
Pros
Benefits, The company's culture
Cons
Leadership and maturity of supervisors and Customer Service Manager
Do Not Apply Here!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDMay 27, 2018
I haven’t been working for this company that long, and I’m already feeling like this was the worst decision. They sell you a dream during your interview, making you believe that have a solid foundation. They don’t. They are the only call center in the US for all the stores. There aren’t any direct numbers to the stores, which means customers call there for obsene reasons that should be answered by the stores themselves (i.e. directions, management, lost & found items) The refund process is ridiculous, and being the first point of contact means you’re the one to take all the heat for this company’s errors. Answering the phones isn’t difficult, but if you’re a person that enjoys helping others in your role, this isn’t the place for you.
Crazy every day
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 18, 2018
every day you will see hundreds of customers and it is a very fast paced work environment that makes it fun but stressful for many. the pay is much better than anything nearby for similar work.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Front Cashier
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
This job is too stressful and the store is so unorganized. There is very little room for advancement. If you want more hours, you must apply to an available opening, if there are none, then you're most likely going to be working little hours. Not to mention you will work every weekend and those days are the worst!
Pros
Pto, sick time and cheap lunches
Cons
Working every weekend
Productive working environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAMay 17, 2018
Ikea is a great place to work at. I enjoy the vibe within the work area and I learned to work in different departments and learn different things. The only down side is that, they have changed there work ethics and is now a different company than it use to be.
Very diverse and kind
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2018
There are people of many different backgrounds that work at ikea. Everyone usually has a positive attitude and is friendly. Weekends and summer time are the busiest times at ikea, other than these times it is usually a easy going place. I would say it's a very good place to work.
Competitive and fast-paced work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 7, 2018
The Smaland area was my work place in which I worked a lot with parents/guardians, my coworkers, and the children. In this are, there are set guideline of information to provide each guardian and child to follow. Communication was key in verbal or nonverbal ways to make sure that the experience in Smaland was great!
For retail, you can't get any better
Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 4, 2018
Takes time to work your way up. If you are a honest and hard worker you will succeed. It is best to lead by example dispite any situation you may find yourself in, management will notice.
no comment
Customer Service/Active Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2018
No Comment. Would prefer not to really get into details. But I will say they should have more product knowledge and actual products that the customer wants to buy. Stop misleading customers.
Pros
employee purchase, staff cafe
Cons
unorganized, poor moral, management not knowledgeable about the job at hand
Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAApril 9, 2018
There are three departments for cashiers, resturant, cash lanes, return. It is definitely a great job if you want hours, but they defiantly don’t pay enough for bi weekly part timers, and it is extremely stressful there do to the lack of help by so,e employers.
Very good company for young person to grow and move up in. Not for older worker.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 9, 2018
Great benefits, pay ok, hours not flexible. It can be a physically demanding job and a lot of standing, walking on concrete floor. It can take it's toll.
benefits
Cons
pay, noadvancement
It's easy.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 23, 2018
Its a little bit to easy for me. I get bored just standing there scanning items. I love to be in returns it's more challenging. However I recently discovered that they don't give you pay increases. One of my coworkers has worked there for 12 years and I get paid more than him. He definitely has more experience than I do. It's not fair. Hr is horrible. They won't work around your schedule if you have another job. They barely work around your schedule if you are in school.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDMarch 22, 2018
I like this job because of the fast paced environment, the pay was good and it was a good place to help people. I would recommend this job to people that can keep up.
horrible hr
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2018
Horrible hr department horrible hr department do not take into account whats happening in your life will not let you have a second job if they need you to work and will force you to either resign or get fired for not fulfilling requirements
Everyone's friendly, but not a lot of training
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 16, 2018
I still work at IKEA and i really like it, but I feel like management can focus more on training rather than throwing someone in a new department and hoping they catch on. I also wish there would be more communication between each department.
Pros
lower prices for lunch, 3 breaks per 8 hr shift, great benefits
Cons
NO communication, poor time management, little training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.7K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.