Play YouTube video button

Ikea Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 209 reviews matching the search See all 5,563 reviews
Featured review
Ikea selected this as a representative review
Very high energy workplace and very family oriented
Lead Sales Associate, - Showrooms Department (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 16, 2013
IKEA is the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for, We we're a very high traffic store with up to 50,000 customers visiting us a week. My coworkers were close like family and still are today. The Management is amazing and works right along side of their employees. I'd say like anywhere the hard part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers. And the most enjoyable was the family like atmosphere and being busy day to day.
Pros
401k and great health care
Cons
there isnt one in Las Vegas
Can be super stressful but still an okay place to work.
Customer Service Team (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 9, 2018
A typical day can range from extremely slow to so busy you don't have time to breathe, let alone take a break. IKEA is BIG on their culture and values but they were not at my store, I think maybe because it was new but everyone was learning together and I did like that about it. But, if there was a medical emergency, Serious medical issue or other life threatening issue, they put policy before the person and that wasn't okay what so ever. I did learn how to deal with it and work with it. I do love my co-workers and who I was around. You get close with them and managers too when there isn't many employees left. I thought I had thick skin before working here but now I have steel as skin. I'd get sworn at everyday, have things thrown at me, for literally no reason at. Or because of a policy I had no control over. I did love the department I worked in, even if the people weren't the nicest. It allowed me to use my brain more and I'm the type of person that needs to keep learning. I've relocated since but I do miss my store and co-workers so much. It's true you don't know how good you have it until it's gone. The store has a lot to work out but it's a baby and like normal babies they don't know everything at first.
Pros
Health Benefits, How getting PTO time worked, the other co-workers I worked with
Cons
Not helpful with medical needs always.
Excellent company
Costumer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 9, 2018
This is one of the best company that i have been thorthroughugh, i just love to work here because all managers and co workers are really collaborative and helpful
Fast Paced
Customer Service Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 3, 2018
Never bored, fast paced and the hardest part were the customers. Managers were great except with the exception of few who were more likely to display favoritism.
No leadership
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PANovember 29, 2018
It used to be a great place to work. Then they did a massive overhaul of the global organization. Said overhaul failed miserably. They laid off people, and more layoffs are coming. Stay away.
Good Overall Place of Employment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 23, 2018
Overall, good place to work with good company culture. Managers follow company policies and work well with customers and employees alike. Working at IKEA in customer service allowed expertise in many areas of the store.
Pros
Free lunches, health insurance benefits
Stressful Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 22, 2018
Working in customer service is very stressful, and the way IKEA has it, you end up doing the job of 4 people sometimes. Because of this the seemingly higher minimum wage isn't exactly worth it. The customer service policies are very customer friendly and can lead coworkers to be treated not so fairly by management as well as customers. Management is not quick to notice when you go above and beyond, and that can be very frustrating.
Great work evnviornment
Home Delivery/Furniture Handout/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDNovember 15, 2018
IKEA is a great company to work with. Very Welcoming and family oriented. Has great benefits. Staff is very friendly and management is very understanding.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
Adavancement within in the company
Enjoyable work environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MANovember 12, 2018
Great place to work at. The benefits are very great. You meet a lot of different customers that come from all around the world to shop at IKEA. You also have paid time off which is very useful.
Pros
Lunch everyday upstairs in the staff cafe for employees for only 3 dollars.
Cons
N/a
Customer Service Repersentative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 12, 2018
Good Benefits, pay is good. gives you as much hours as needed, dealing with different attitudes most are snobby. career advancement don't even think about it.
Pros
pays good
Cons
Poor attitudes & needs more hours
very fun great incentives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2018
very fun great incentives they really care about there employees great palce to work career advancement would def refer anyone to work here everyone is friendly
Great Place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NY 11801November 2, 2018
Excellent place to work, Managers and Leads care about their workers and there is always room to grow. Great work life balance and co-workers are always willing to help
Great working environment with Cons
Customer Service Coworker (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDOctober 31, 2018
Like many customer service jobs, it is very demanding. Have to work to ensure the customers order and their experience is of great quality to ensure they return. While it was very beneficial in terms of pay, you have to have great people skills and a great deal of patience.
Not the place for me
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 30, 2018
This company offers competative pay but does not give the hours required to sustain a living..Also career advancement is a joke, they do not take these request seriously
Pros
Company gatherings
Cons
Horrible communication
Diverse workplace
Customer Service Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 16, 2018
Very diverse workplace. Stressful at times but, overall everyone works together to take care of the many customers that come through the door everyday.
Pros
Competitive benefits
Cons
not enough staff at times
Fun work space
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 12, 2018
Pto, Great leaders, awesome co-workers, partime or fulltime,morning,noon,evening,night shifts,full day or half day full week or weekends,great benefits,raiser pay depending on the individuals work ethics.
Pros
Discounts, free juice, free coffee
Cons
Short lunch, no sitting
Great place to work at, very friendly and inclusive with anyone with any background.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAOctober 12, 2018
I have worked here for over 2 years going for my third. I am a customer service team leader. I feel like working here has opened many doors for customer service work in other companies. They have helped me work on my time management, overall work ethic, and helped me become the supervisor I am today. With help from IKEA I could pick up a customer service supervisor position anywhere.
Work for your money
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 10, 2018
The company is definitely amazing, however. the work load can vary from lax to overwhelming. It just depends on your team leads and coworkers on the floor.
We lack peoples and manager compassion
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Lack of support, favoritism.
If you like being underappreciated, then ikea is the job for you.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
Ikea doesnt care about the employees or any personal issues their employees may be going through all they care about is you being there and if you can't be there then you'd better be dying.
Its ok to work if your are just starting out,
1 customer service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2018
its ok, to work, if you are just staring out. Managers in my department are ok, but the rest of the store is not. We have no communications between departments.
Good for new, part-time workers, leaving old workers in the dust.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 1, 2018
If you want a part-time retail job with good benefits, this job is for you. Almost all of the employees are full time, and benefits extend to everyone except HL1 (less than 20hrs a week). New hire pay is very competitive, but the job is very fast paced and draining, with less training than you might want. The tech is really outdated, and a lot of the managers are, frankly, kinda useless.
Currently, older employees aren't getting raises or bonuses to match their pay to what new hires are making, so you could be making almost $15 an hour while older employees are making less than $13 an hour with no raises or bonuses in sight, and hours being cut left and right because of poor management decisions from above store level.
Pros
Great benefits, discounts, and cheap food.
Cons
Poor hours, and old coworkers probably resent you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ikea. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ikea.

Powered by Comparably